Gazza Cleared of Sexual Assault ( updated )

Sooperstar

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• maroonsgotop

• Bridge of Djoum

• Last Laff

He should have been in the HOF though, 'don't judge him' 'needs help' etc...

Bullet dodged.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

If he is found guilty then no sympathy for him.  However, the word 'charged' does not mean guilty.  He may well be but internet speculation about an accusation before a trial is not something I support.

Edited by i8hibsh

Hagar the Horrible

He is younger than me....he looks like shit,   gifted guy, now will just be remembered as a beast,  that is if he is found gullty?  Do you think he will turn up in court with a fishing, rod, a six pack and a chicken supper?

Bridge of Djoum

i don't give a **** about his alcohol or mental health issues. The guy is an utter cretin and always has been. 

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

i don't give a **** about his alcohol or mental health issues. The guy is an utter cretin and always has been. 

He does seem to get an easy ride with this sort of thing.  However, like everything I would want to see proof of this accusation.

EastSideJambo
34 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Aye the SFA chiefs will be looking smug today.

Aye but what about wee Bazza, Coisty and Durranty.  They'll no be happy 

The boy is a complete tit 

Sexton Hardcastle
25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He does seem to get an easy ride with this sort of thing.  However, like everything I would want to see proof of this accusation.

Most major news outlets reporting it. What’s not to understand?

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Most major news outlets reporting it. What’s not to understand?

And that proves what exactly?  An accusation has been made and a subsequent charge has been given at this stage.  Where is the proof of the incident?  Unless I have missed the court case and verdict.

As I said he could well be guilty, I have no feelings for Gazza so could not care, but regardless of who it is I always want proof before I find someone guilty.

Sexton Hardcastle
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

And that proves what exactly?  An accusation has been made and a subsequent charge has been given at this stage.  Where is the proof of the incident?  Unless I have missed the court case and verdict.

As I said he could well be guilty, I have no feelings for Gazza so could not care, but regardless of who it is I always want proof before I find someone guilty.

I’m sure the court of law will do its job. Unless someone tries to interfere with the process of course.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I’m sure the court of law will do its job. Unless someone tries to interfere with the process of course.

I hope so for either Gazza or the alleged victim. 

Social media will certainly do it's best to interfere.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I hope so for either Gazza or the alleged victim. 

Social media will certainly do it's best to interfere.

I'm sure TR will be along to do his duty for Queen AND Country. ??

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hit the nail on the head. 

With the whole Cliff Richard ruling I thought newspapers and other media outlets would have been more cautious on naming people than they seem to be. Often, and has been seen with Sir Cliff and, Bill Roach, Michael Le Vel and other that these thinga aren't as cut and dry. 

It doesn't affect me what so ever but for arguments sakes I don't think he should be named until after he is found guilty. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

With the whole Cliff Richard ruling I thought newspapers and other media outlets would have been more cautious on naming people than they seem to be. Often, and has been seen with Sir Cliff and, Bill Roach, Michael Le Vel and other that these thinga aren't as cut and dry. 

It doesn't affect me what so ever but for arguments sakes I don't think he should be named until after he is found guilty. 

I have heard someone say Cliff Richard is a beast, I said how and they said "he looks a wrong un"

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The legal system, in most cases, mandates the naming of the accused, rightly or wrongly. It’s justified in that justice should be ‘seen to be done’.  

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

His mental health issues are deep-rooted and, no doubt, a factor in his behaviour being so cretinous.

I'm bored with him now. If he's been up to no good, I hope he gets the same treatment that any other waster would get.

10 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Someone needs to take his phone off him.

He’ll just go to the library and log on to JKB that way.

“Paul Gascoigne's place in the Scottish Football Hall of Fame has been withdrawn after criticism and amid "concerns" over the former England and Rangers player's health.

It emerged last week Gascoigne was one of the candidates suggested by the public before being chosen by a panel.

However, it was reported some of the Scottish Football Association board would boycott the awards dinner.

A Hall of Fame statement said "a number of factors" were behind the move”.

Perhaps finding out that this was being investigated was one of the factors.

Bridge of Djoum
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

His mental health issues are deep-rooted and, no doubt, a factor in his behaviour being so cretinous.

I'm bored with him now. If he's been up to no good, I hope he gets the same treatment that any other waster would get.

As Pete Davidson said recently on SNL, ''having mental health issues is no excuse for being a dick''. 

i respect PD as his issues stem from his father, FDNY, died on 9/11. He was last seen running into the Downtown Marriot. PD was apologizing for saying something pretty stupid when he came out with the quote above.

Gazza's issue, or one of them, is that he never grew up. He still thinks acting like a 19yo is ok. No one has ever told him otherwise. Boy's a fud, pure and simple. His issues are trotted out as excuse for his behavior.

I have never understood how someone with his fame, fortune and natural talent could become so unhinged. Whilst I know there is more to mental health than social standing and wealth but surely it helps having the world at your feet to ease the pressures that come with depression. The life of a footballer must be so easy compared to a regular Joe who lives month to month worrying if they can pay their bills.

I don't feel sorry for Gazza in the slightest. He has been offered more help than anyone in his situation ever deserves. He literally had everything and threw it all away. 

It comes to a point where you have to grab your own life and own it and he's no different. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have never understood how someone with his fame, fortune and natural talent could become so unhinged. Whilst I know there is more to mental health than social standing and wealth but surely it helps having the world at your feet to ease the pressures that come with depression. The life of a footballer must be so easy compared to a regular Joe who lives month to month worrying if they can pay their bills.

I don't feel sorry for Gazza in the slightest. He has been offered more help than anyone in his situation ever deserves. He literally had everything and threw it all away. 

It comes to a point where you have to grab your own life and own it and he's no different. 

I'm sure this guy's problems go back to before the fame and fortune came along. There was an article about some assessment of him before he signed for Newcastle. Don't mind where but, essentially, I think there were concerns even back then.

I P Knightley
5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

i respect PD as his issues stem from his father, FDNY, died on 9/11. He was last seen running into the Downtown Marriot. PD was apologizing for saying something pretty stupid when he came out with the quote above.

Gazza's issue, or one of them, is that he never grew up. He still thinks acting like a 19yo is ok. No one has ever told him otherwise. Boy's a fud, pure and simple. His issues are trotted out as excuse for his behavior.

As I understand it, Gascoigne experienced a very traumatic event of his own aged about 10 when he watched a young pal get knocked down and killed. 

I don't know who Pete Davidson is (best I've got is a Doctor Who actor) but where there seems to be a difference is that this Davidson guy's actually apologised for being a dick at some point. Gascoigne is lionised by his cronies and, therefore, never sees any wrong in his behaviour. Anyone to criticise him or point out the error of his ways can easily be dismissed. I saw his tweet about this arrest and just thought, "self-entitled & arrogant"; it looked like it had been drafted by Trump.

I'm with I8, by the way. Nothing's been proven here but you're also right in that he's never grown up; never been forced to.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

As I understand it, Gascoigne experienced a very traumatic event of his own aged about 10 when he watched a young pal get knocked down and killed. 

I don't know who Pete Davidson is (best I've got is a Doctor Who actor) but where there seems to be a difference is that this Davidson guy's actually apologised for being a dick at some point. Gascoigne is lionised by his cronies and, therefore, never sees any wrong in his behaviour. Anyone to criticise him or point out the error of his ways can easily be dismissed. I saw his tweet about this arrest and just thought, "self-entitled & arrogant"; it looked like it had been drafted by Trump.

I'm with I8, by the way. Nothing's been proven here but you're also right in that he's never grown up; never been forced to.

PD is the young guy on SNL. Recently engaged to Arianna Grande.

I agree with all of your post. Good stuff.

13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tbh regular joe also doesn't need to worry about a host of things that famous footballers/celebrities though. Everything you do is often headline news in the press so there's a lot of extra pressure to always be 'perfect' in that sense, add in that there's likely a paranoia over whether your 'friends' are really your friends or only so because your fame and fortune and would happily sell your story to a rag like The Sun at a given opportunity.

Higher wages also often leads to far higher outgoings and the ability to make stupid decisions(drugs etc) that your average person wouldn't be able to make so it's not always great in that sense either.

Mental illness can affect anyone, Gascoignes just an arsehole though.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If he is found guilty then no sympathy for him.  However, the word 'charged' does not mean guilty.  He may well be but internet speculation about an accusation before a trial is not something I support.

Imagine if some twat started broadcasting outside the trial, potentially leading to the collapse of the trial. 

Just now, Boris said:

Imagine if some twat started broadcasting outside the trial, potentially leading to the collapse of the trial. 

If anyone prejudices any trial they should be punished.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

If anyone prejudices any trial they should be punished.

Indeed.  Or break contempt orders to do so too.  The law must be respected!

16 minutes ago, Boris said:

Agreed (obviously)

Shanks said no
51 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The story goes like this

While Gascoigne was successful on the football field, his childhood was marked by instability and tragedy. Initially his family lived in a single upstairs room in a council house with a shared bathroom, and moved several times during Gascoigne's early life. When he was ten, Gascoigne witnessed the death of Steven Spraggon, the younger brother of a friend, who was killed in a traffic collisionAround this time, his father began to suffer from seizuresGascoigne began developing obsessions and twitches, and was taken into therapy at age ten, but soon quit the therapy sessions after his father expressed doubts over the treatment methods.

so he has had issues for 40 plus years

If hall of fame is based on football he is one of the 3 best players I’ve seen in the SPL.

if it’s based on not being a dick he shouldn’t get in.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

At the of the day, you or I might see someone as a celebrity but inside they're as human and flawed as any one of us, plagued by destructive thought patterns, just another bundle of paranoid neuroses kicking about.

No doubt he was a smashing player, but he was at rangers less than 3 years, and that's not Hall of Fame worthy to my mind, even ignoring the other stuff. 

Bridge of Djoum

I just had a look at the Hall of Fame members.

Some notable head scratchers..

Ian St John

Gordon McQueen

Alan Rough

Charlie Nicholas

Steve Archibald.

I may not understand the criteria for nomination or inclusion.

Edit, here they are...

1)      Players recognised as being Scottish (in compliance with FIFA’s international guidelines on eligibility) once they have retired from the game.

2)      Non Scottish players who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who have since finished playing in Scotland.

3)      Managers recognised as being Scottish who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

4)      Non Scottish managers who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

5)      Officials recognised as being Scottish who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

6)      Non Scottish officials who have made a significant contribution to Scottish football and who are deemed to have spent a reasonable length of time in their chosen field.

Maybe worthy of a separate thread but I'm sure we have better candidates, no?

Not excusing any potential offence on his part but remember seeing the TV doc on his time in China. He was accompanied by his old man and Five Bellies - all they did for the whole time  was sponge. The behaviour of his dad in particular was shocking. Struck me as a complete leech.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The legal system, in most cases, mandates the naming of the accused, rightly or wrongly. It’s justified in that justice should be ‘seen to be done’.  

Then in the cases of false accusations then the accuser should be named once the allegations have been proven as being false.

But that's not the way it works though because a woman can accuse a man of sexual assault, his name is then plastered all over the media, she later admits she made it all up but her name isn't then plastered all over the media, but the guy still has the stigma of being accused of committing a sexual assault, and all because his accuser hasn't been treated by the law the same way that he's been.

If justice has to be 'seen to be done' then a false accuser has to be publicly named.

been here before
19 minutes ago, S Form said:

Not excusing any potential offence on his part but remember seeing the TV doc on his time in China. He was accompanied by his old man and Five Bellies - all they did for the whole time  was sponge. The behaviour of his dad in particular was shocking. Struck me as a complete leech.

Every time I see the wife beating jakeball waster I often wonder whatever happened to five bellies. Never see much of those other 2 arseholes Baker and Evans hanging about with him these days...

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Then in the cases of false accusations then the accuser should be named once the allegations have been proven as being false.

But that's not the way it works though because a woman can accuse a man of sexual assault, his name is then plastered all over the media, she later admits she made it all up but her name isn't then plastered all over the media, but the guy still has the stigma of being accused of committing a sexual assault, and all because his accuser hasn't been treated by the law the same way that he's been.

If justice has to be 'seen to be done' then a false accuser has to be publicly named.

Doing that would only put off legitimate victims from coming forward.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Episode-58-Judge-Dredd-Was-a-Documentary.png

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

He is younger than me....he looks like shit,   gifted guy, now will just be remembered as a beast,  that is if he is found gullty?  Do you think he will turn up in court with a fishing, rod, a six pack and a chicken supper?

Should be banned from all Raoulway services for a start :65:

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

They are. The person who makes the false accusation is then prosecuted at which point the anonymity afforded to the victim or potential victim of a crime under the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act  2009 doesn’t apply. It would be two entirely separate court cases or series of cases with only protection offered in the first instance when the person has victim status. As the accused in the subsequent case they would no longer be protected and given anonymity.

Edited by Mr Elwood P