Killian Colombie

innerjambo

15 hours ago, gedster said:

Hope he shows up well, but USA college soccer is a low standard through all the various associations, naia, ncaa, njcaa.

I tend to agree regarding the standard.  Tas lad#2 is of a similar age and went to the US on a soccer scholarship in 2014.  Did 4 years in the NCAA and subsequently the MLS but had a problem with his visa so moved to Germany this summer, where he is currently playing.  He has trials lined up with SPFL clubs during the winter break.

19 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I tend to agree regarding the standard.  Tas lad#2 is of a similar age and went to the US on a soccer scholarship in 2014.  Did 4 years in the NCAA and subsequently the MLS but had a problem with his visa so moved to Germany this summer, where he is currently playing.  He has trials lined up with SPFL clubs during the winter break.

Gedster lad#1 went out this year to play NJCAA. I knew from watching college games before he went that standard was low and the football was ugly, however watching some training sessions brought home what a poor technical standard some of the USA players have, hence the need to import students from round the world to try to raise standards. His team did well but it didn't work out for him. I know several players (male and female) locally who have gone and tried it or are still studying there. One used to play under 16 for Scotland and they all reckon the standards wouldn't better that of a decent Junior team.

rudi must stay

He looks alot like Milinkovic. A type of player we have missed in some games

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Looks like the next step for him is to test himself in the rigours of a stronger, more physical league.  

Seems to stick out in that division which suggests he’s got to make a step up.  

In the snippets shown he seems to have decent technique. 

Very decent, has all the flicks and tricks. Plays with a swagger and a smile on his face. I really hope we does well in his trial, I think he could be a key player for Hearts

3 hours ago, gedster said:

Gedster lad#1 went out this year to play NJCAA. I knew from watching college games before he went that standard was low and the football was ugly, however watching some training sessions brought home what a poor technical standard some of the USA players have, hence the need to import students from round the world to try to raise standards. His team did well but it didn't work out for him. I know several players (male and female) locally who have gone and tried it or are still studying there. One used to play under 16 for Scotland and they all reckon the standards wouldn't better that of a decent Junior team.

Two reasons for colleges importing players.   1.  The local talent is poor.  2.  The college get money.  My son got so frustrated that nobody trained as hard as him, preferring to party.  Typical university undergraduate life.

Papers reporting today that he played yesterday in a closed doors game. Apparently played well and got an assist. No idea who we were playing or what the score was.

On 19/11/2018 at 12:42, coastjambo said:

Did Davie Weir not play College “soccer” in the States. He turned out to be no bad

He won a scholarship at the University of Evansville and was there for four years according to Wiki I believe and he was a very good golfer also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Weir_(Scottish_footballer)

Edited by wavydavy
wrong info

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Papers reporting today that he played yesterday in a closed doors game. Apparently played well and got an assist. No idea who we were playing or what the score was.

Killian them all was he?

10 hours ago, Locky said:

They played Clyde, beat them 3-1

On 19/11/2018 at 12:42, coastjambo said:

Did Davie Weir not play College “soccer” in the States. He turned out to be no bad

Correct, IIRC he turned pro at 23 when he signed for falkirk

On 19/11/2018 at 09:47, Gav M said:

Was at PGS, went to the states to study and continued to play football at college level. Looks technically good and fast. Well worth a look, to do that at his age and to move from PSG for education then he must have his head screwed on well. Kind of player who would seem to fit in with the ethos.  

Great post.  It shows he has the correct attitude towards achieving something, which is more than can be said about some footballers!!

Sounds like a coach trying to temper enthusiasm about a player who may or may not be of a decent calibre. I would imagine that he knows enough about the lad to think he's worth a punt but wants to see exactly what level he's at. So maybe bring him in to play reserve football until he's got him self up to the standard required for 1st team football.

Sounds like all the qualities are there, just have to decide whether he can make the step up

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, viva hate said:

Suppose he has to say that, but it's interesting his trial has been moved forward and he's already here and playing matches...

On 19/11/2018 at 06:50, jamboozy said:

Always worth giving someone a chance, hope he shines.

Course it is. We probably look at players from all manner of places all the time, It's hardly newsworthy.