Killian Colombie

innerjambo

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/french-winger-keen-to-impress-in-hearts-trial-1-4831617?__twitter_impression=true

French winger keen to impress in Hearts trial

French winger Killian Colombie is set to join Hearts on trial this winter after impressing in the American college leagues.

The Iona College Gaels player plans to train with the Edinburgh club’s reserves as he seeks a route into professional football.

Colombie, 23, was born in Paris and played with Paris Saint-Germain as a youth before moving to study in the United States in 2015. He is able to play wide right or wide left and can also operate at right-back if necessary.

He claimed ten goals and five assists in 13 games earlier this year playing with Houston-based AHFC Royals in the Player Development League. That led to a trial at Houston Dynamo before he returned to Iona.

New York Red Bulls and San Jose Earthquakes have invited Colombie to train with them during the winter after he won the First-Team All-MAAC award with Iona in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. He is also named in this year’s Top College Prospects list.

Colombie is eager to secure a move to Europe or a Major League Soccer club and plans to spend time in Edinburgh with Hearts over the next few weeks.

“When I came here (Iona) in 2015, I said to myself: ‘I’m going to get to the MLS somehow,” said Colombie. “I don’t know how yet but I’ll be there eventually. I just had a plan and I stuck to it, and now everything seems to fall into place.

“To go to the MLS draft is prestigious and it gives you much exposure. It seems best to go the MLS path first. In the future, I would love to play in Europe of course. But if the door is open now and I have the chance to play in a competitive European League, obviously I will go for it.”

James Hamilton, head coach of the Iona College Gaels, told the Ionian News: “You look at Killian and you see a professional athlete. Technically, he’s got all the tools and he’s greatly improved the mental side of his game. For me, ability aside, he’s absolutely driven to what he wants to achieve and you better get out of the way when he’s coming.”

12 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Sorry, who ?:unsure:

Mind that time you'd heard of Peter Haring, Bobby Zlamal, Clevid Dikamona etc??

Na, didn't think so. 

4 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Mind that time you'd heard of Peter Haring, Bobby Zlamal, Clevid Dikamona etc??

Na, didn't think so. 

Didn't say I didn't rate him. Just never heard of him. 

OK by you ?

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Is it just me or could we sign someone who could do a job now, rather than being a great prospect. 

We've signed like 18 players this season! We did sign for now, we are also looking to the future. Makes sense no?

Captain Sausage

Hopefully turns out to be better than the boy we signed and lined to Stirling Albion. Whatever happened to him?

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is it just me or could we sign someone who could do a job now, rather than being a great prospect. 

What's to say we haven't got someone in the pipeline 'who could do a job now'? 

Too many fans wanting to put in a dig in when it's a name they've never heard of ?

The boy is on trial, not even signed yet, might be shite, might be a gem but I'll leave it up to the management team to decide ?

4 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Didn't say I didn't rate him. Just never heard of him. 

OK by you ?

You crack on lad ? 

Just because he's a columbian drug dealer doesn't mean he can't play football.  Wouldn't stand for any nonsense at the Giro.

39 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

It's just you.

12 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Already full blown arguments under way in this thread. You just gotta love this place for entertainment, if nothing else.

:vrface:

Unreal eh?

Nobody had heard of him 15 minutes ago but are now arguing about him.

:gok:

Edited by iantjambo

rudi must stay

Good luck to him. I like the look of him from that video, but it's about showing that at a far higher level ofcourse

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3rd keeper came from the same background Kevin Silva 

Absolutely right. We're giving someone a chance, scout well and you can unearth a few gems. 

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm all in favor of giving these guys a trial. And if they really impress on that trial.............bingo!!

Exactly, he’s 23 so I think we’d be looking at him to make a first team impact pretty quickly. So if he does win a contract, he’ll have to be exceptionally good because he’s not got years of development. 

No harm in taking a look at him.

These players will probably be pretty cheap too. Worth taking a few on trial and if we unearth a gem or two we're making cash. 

I thought he'd have been a striker given our present need for someone to put the ball in the ****ing net..

David Weir came from the US college route and was of a similar age when he signed for Falkirk.  He turned out not too bad.

Worth a try with this lad.

2 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Hearts looking ahead and not letting the grass grow etc.....

Rerr.

Not until we have a game at home against Celtic anyway.  ;) 

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Yeah, it's shocking that we don't already have anyone like that lined up to join us in January, and didn't sign any players like that in the summer either. Absolute disgrace. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Been in the pipeline for a while this. 

Quite rated by Houston coaches - source is a family member of mine who lived in Houston. 

Interesting, must be someone we have a good feeling about if it has been in the pipeline for a while.

Obviously being 23 with only college soccer experience always makes me cautious (though as others have pointed out it didn't hold back David Weir) but always happy for us to at least give people like this a trial for them to prove themselves. Certainly from the clips he seems a pacy winger with a good shot on him.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, gedster said:

Hope he shows up well, but USA college soccer is a low standard through all the various associations, naia, ncaa, njcaa.

Low Standard? Compared to what?

There’s a lot of 18-22 year old footballers in Scotland who could learn a lot from US college footballers with regards to practice and diet. Not all I’ll grant you. 

Theres a few very good football players came through the college ranks. Not saying this kid is either good or bad. I have no clue.

I’d rather we just wait until these lads have played at a really high level before we get them.

That way they’ll cost us lots of money

Another French winger signed by Levein, Jean-Louis Valois, didn't turn pro until 21. With this lad having been at PSG as a youth sounds an interesting one

Looks like the next step for him is to test himself in the rigours of a stronger, more physical league.  

Seems to stick out in that division which suggests he’s got to make a step up.  

In the snippets shown he seems to have decent technique. 

Same age as Sam Nicholson.

The PSG link makes it a little more interesting but to have not made the MLS by 23 is a little concerning as there are tons of very average players in that league.

Fingers crossed he's a late  bloomer.

Edited by Taffin

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Same age as Sam Nicholson.

The PSG link makes it a little more interesting but to have not made the MLS by 23 is a little concerning as there are tons of very average players in that league.

Fingers crossed he's a late  bloomer.

Said he went to america to study did it not? That would be the reason he is playing at a low level.

11 hours ago, Finlay James said:

David Weir came from the US college route and was of a similar age when he signed for Falkirk.  He turned out not too bad.

Worth a try with this lad.

Don’t bring your reasoned logic here thank you very much, It’s not welcome!

Was at PGS, went to the states to study and continued to play football at college level. Looks technically good and fast. Well worth a look, to do that at his age and to move from PSG for education then he must have his head screwed on well. Kind of player who would seem to fit in with the ethos.  

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

Was at PGS, went to the states to study and continued to play football at college level. Looks technically good and fast. Well worth a look, to do that at his age and to move from PSG for education then he must have his head screwed on well. Kind of player who would seem to fit in with the ethos.  

Good post. Clearly he wanted to complete his education first to ensure he had something to fall back on if his football dream failed. America has great college set ups for all sports but it’s always about education first and foremost.

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’d rather we just wait until these lads have played at a really high level before we get them.

That way they’ll cost us lots of money

Love the good old mashie niblick!!!