Blackford Hearts

Footballfirst

The admission prices in League 2 are typically £12 and upwards for an adult. I can't see very many people paying that sort of money to watch Colt teams. I certainly wouldn't.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The admission prices in League 2 are typically £12 and upwards for an adult. I can't see very many people paying that sort of money to watch Colt teams. I certainly wouldn't.

Would 'we' need to? The players that are playing for Colt teams would already be contracted etc so overall our expense wouldn't be a great deal larger than our current outlay for playing in the u19 or reserve league etc. It's different for lower league clubs as that's their only income.

37 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Would 'we' need to? The players that are playing for Colt teams would already be contracted etc so overall our expense wouldn't be a great deal larger than our current outlay for playing in the u19 or reserve league etc. It's different for lower league clubs as that's their only income.

I think you have misread the quoted post. FF is on about ticket prices for fans not the cost of running a colt team for hearts

27 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I think you have misread the quoted post. FF is on about ticket prices for fans not the cost of running a colt team for hearts

Thats what I'm referring to. Lower league clubs 'need' to charge tickets prices of ~£15 in order to meet their outgoings, the Colt teams wouldn't necessarily need to do so as these costs(players/coaches wages etc) are already covered in our existing budget. 

Our 'Colt' team basically already exists only it's currently playing in the reserve/youth leagues.

6 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thats what I'm referring to. Lower league clubs 'need' to charge tickets prices of ~£15 in order to meet their outgoings, the Colt teams wouldn't necessarily need to do so as these costs(players/coaches wages etc) are already covered in our existing budget. 

Our 'Colt' team basically already exists only it's currently playing in the reserve/youth leagues.

The question is,  would our "colt" team be better playing against other kids,  or would it be better to play against Juniors/EoS sized clubs for their development?

MacDonald Jardine
9 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Not sure such a scenario is possible.  Don't recall it happening in Copa del Rey in Spain. I don't think the "B" teams are permitted to enter 

Are you sure?

I think I remember Castilla doing well in the Cops del Rey a few years ago.

EastSideJambo
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Are you sure?

I think I remember Castilla doing well in the Cops del Rey a few years ago.

I think they were entitled to enter previously but no longer. Think that's the case now but might be wrong 

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, EastSideJambo said:

I think they were entitled to enter previously but no longer. Think that's the case now but might be wrong 

According to Wikipedia they were banned from 1991.

Blackford Hearts
10 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

To be competitive, even in 5th tier  the colts teams would need better players. That will cost more money in wages etc. None of the colts teams are competing well in the Irn Bru Cup so far. Pretty sure that cup was set upfor the arse cheeks colts introduction to the league. However, I am a big cynic when it comes to change in SPFL when they are involved in any decision making as it’s never for others benefit 

michael_bolton

The idea just shows disrespect to smaller teams. I wouldn’t want to support a team who has to play competitive games against reserve sides. 

5 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

The idea just shows disrespect to smaller teams. I wouldn’t want to support a team who has to play competitive games against reserve sides. 

Should they even be respected?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two/attendances

The colt teams would be entering a new ‘5th’ tier, currently half the teams in the 4th tier don’t even attract 500 supporters on average, god knows how bad attendances would be even lower in the pyramid.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Should they even be respected?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two/attendances

The colt teams would be entering a new ‘5th’ tier, currently half the teams in the 4th tier don’t even attract 500 supporters on average, god knows how bad attendances would be even lower in the pyramid.

There is a poster on Pie and Bovril, "Burnieclub78", who tracks attendances in the lower senior leagues.

image.jpeg.406f191a9fd8b506bba692e508b07c8a.jpeg

image.jpeg.e48b4f9ac9613adbfed803ea0c496a67.jpeg

image.jpeg.60dc0c644ca94a843e97e57867830d5f.jpeg

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There is a poster on Pie and Bovril, "Burnieclub78", who tracks attendances in the lower senior leagues.

image.jpeg.406f191a9fd8b506bba692e508b07c8a.jpeg

image.jpeg.e48b4f9ac9613adbfed803ea0c496a67.jpeg

image.jpeg.60dc0c644ca94a843e97e57867830d5f.jpeg

Thanks!

Looking at those figures there a lot of teams there who likely don't attract much more on a weekly basis than 'friends and family' of the players playing etc. Especially in the SoS and EoS leagues. 

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:23, OTT said:

Ridiculous idea. How are highland teams expected to afford travel and accommodation when their playing lowland clubs? We need less clubs and leagues, not more.

Agree with this totally. League 2 teams play to gates of a couple of hundred. Scotland is too small a country to have so many teams. Annan and Edinburgh I think are the latest 2 teams to join the leagues. What have they brought to the table? No fan base. No history. No financial backing. No realistic chance of going up the leagues. Maybe the Lowland league is where they WANT to be. Bigger fish in small ponds.

5 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Agree with this totally. League 2 teams play to gates of a couple of hundred. Scotland is too small a country to have so many teams. Annan and Edinburgh I think are the latest 2 teams to join the leagues. What have they brought to the table? No fan base. No history. No financial backing. No realistic chance of going up the leagues. Maybe the Lowland league is where they WANT to be. Bigger fish in small ponds.

Edinburgh are currently top.. 

I'd love Hearts to have a colt team playing in the lower league..

There only needs to be a couple of rules regarding colt teams.

1. They can't play in the same or higher league as their parent club

2. They can only be involved as long as their parent club is involved in the league

I'd much rather our players could be sent to the colt team to work under our own coaches and play together on a Saturday to prepare them for hopefully breaking into the first teams...

Colt teams play in Germany, Italy and Spain plus other countries.. if it works for them why wouldn't it work for us.. sending our players all around the country to play for a variety of teams who often leave them on the bench isn't nearly as worthwhile as keeping them together and hopefully having them play around League 1 level.. we could have had Malaury Martin playing there while he was out the team, backed up by some of our youngsters who aren't getting the same amount of game time as we would like.. Keena, McDonald etc, even Burns could have been helping us climb the leagues..

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 12:36, Ibrahim Tall said:

Thanks!

Looking at those figures there a lot of teams there who likely don't attract much more on a weekly basis than 'friends and family' of the players playing etc. Especially in the SoS and EoS leagues. 

Can someone put those in descending order. Just out of interest.

On 20/11/2018 at 12:52, Henroddy said:

A puramid allows for clubs to find their level. If they don’t like playing at that level they will soon drop again. As it is however, Edinburgh City are on the up and seem pretty happy about it.