Lost without having Hearts to watch.

Blackpool tae Gorgie

Blackpool tae Gorgie

Here I am on a Saturday sitting in the dog and partridge in Blackpool watching Fleetwood v Walsall.Tell you some thing it's when Hearts are not playing you realise just how much you love them. HHGH

Would be a bit easier to take if the international break was something of inspiration for the nation, but it is just more embarrassment and cringe.

Can't wait until next weekend!

I will switch codes and watch the rugger but that is not until 17.20.  Not sure what to do until then.

It’s the racing for me! £60 up just now but the internet makes it so easy to bet and there’s long way to go. Just about to have my first gin of the day but as is the case, the more I have the more I bet. Could end up in financial disaster. Roll on Paisley next week as a Saturday without the famous feels like a wasted day! 

I’m at the gorgie suite tonight for the youth player of the year awards so at least it helps feed a bit of the addiction. 

HHGH

20 minutes ago, kila said:

Would be a bit easier to take if the international break was something of inspiration for the nation, but it is just more embarrassment and cringe.

Can't wait until next weekend!

Spot on.  I never used to mind the international breaks as I’d often be at Hampden or in the boozer.  Couldn’t even tell you kick off time today, I’d rather watch paint dry.

First trip to Ferguson Park for Whitehill Welfare V Civil Service in the Lowland league

entry, pie, bovril and a programme for £9 

better than cleaning the house ?

The Apprentice
7 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

First trip to Ferguson Park for Whitehill Welfare V Civil Service in the Lowland league

entry, pie, bovril and a programme for £9 

better than cleaning the house ?

Was just about to post the same!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Do you feel this is a good time for a break?

Yeah. Pause for breath. Start again for 8 important games that will more than likely go a long way to determine our target 

I’m washing the dug and cleaning the pool, if anyone’s interested. Whitehill s clubhouse used to have a tidy wee bar, if I remember correctly.

Luckily the good lady's birthday fell this weekend so we've come for a wee trip over the water to Belfast. Have seen far too many rangers bars to be completely content though 

International breaks are chronic. Back in the day - in the 70's/80s - there was no international breaks and we had a decent team which won games and made tournament finals. We had decent players too. Now Scotland are not worth watching and we have 'lucky' Alex as the manager. 'Lucky', as he always moved clubs before the S**t hit the fan. He needs to retire as he is well past his sell-by date as a manager. A dreadful appointment. We should have stuck with Strachan who (although not everyone's choice) did reasonably well with what was available. This is what some people forget - "What is available" - it's not like we can go and transfer better players into the squad.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I have a free weekend this weekend for the first time in ages so would have been all over a game this weekend 

Yep, I only get every 3rd weekend off, which of course is this weekend. Think thats the last 2 seasons my weekends off always seem to fall on international dates. Its pish, get back to playing internationals on a Wednesday night.

:waiting:

18 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Bit off topic but why was the rugby not played after 5pm last week instead of the hearts game clashing with it.

TV most likely.

36 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

DsMgQPAWoAAQW48.jpg

Just back from this. 2nd half was awful but good comeback and good result in the end. 

Heading off now to Pichling v Pucking in one of the many Austrian 7th Divisions.

It was actually played last Sunday and was 3-3 in injury time when the home team got a penalty and scored it but a team-mate encroached into the penalty area and instead of making him retake it, the ref gave a free kick for the away team!

After an official complaint they decided to replay the game today and suspended the ref.

Edited by kingdannyb

On 17/11/2018 at 16:40, Big Drew said:

He needs to retire as he is well past his sell-by date as a manager. A dreadful appointment. We should have stuck with Strachan who (although not everyone's choice) did reasonably well with what was available. This is what some people forget - "What is available" - it's not like we can go and transfer better players into the squad.

I totally agree with both your view on McLeish and Strachan. We had the usual few dodgy results but generally I think Strachan had us playing well and was developing a lot of younger players but the short termist approach of not qualifying for a tournament and packing it in is killing any chance of development. The fact we haven't qualified for a World Cup in 20 years is just sad! However, we couldn't have stuck with Strachan because he chose to walk but, like you, I wish he'd stayed.

12 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Watch some old hearts sportscene highlights

You could have at least chose one where we won. 

?

Skippy Doodle
5 hours ago, Highlander said:

You could have at least chose one where we won. 

?

haha sorry mate this game is at top of playlist of 46 games on channel - plenty of wins for you to check out