Milinkovic on loan?

Caramoon

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Some horrendous revisionism here if Milinkovic signed with us in the summer I can guanratee there would be barely a single post questioning his ability.

Incorrect.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incorrect.

Garbage. If Milinkovic was our first summer signing no one would’ve questioned the logic behind it. This whole topic is pure revisionism. I’m not saying it’s incorrect either now. However, Milinkovic was by far our best winger last season. Not saying that’s a huge compliment but we could do worse right now.

Mr Brightside
6 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I'll say it again, much better option than Morrison. Its not even up for debate. If we have any true ambition we need a winger that will beat a man and cause havoc to defences. His energy and work rate alone changes momentum in games.

Better crosser and finisher than Morrison, but Morrison is much better at getting past his man. Would say Morrison also has more energy and higher work rate.

2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Garbage. If Milinkovic was our first summer signing no one would’ve questioned the logic behind it. This whole topic is pure revisionism. I’m not saying it’s incorrect either now. However, Milinkovic was by far our best winger last season. Not saying that’s a huge compliment but we could do worse right now.

Good player at our level, no doubt about that. 

Again, maybe Hearts was a place that sparked him and he’s one of those in-between players that’s not quite going to cut it in a more expansive league but is more than able to shine in our division?

In a struggling season last year he was one of few to show any intelligence in possession and telling vision in the last third. 

Morrison is a fine young player who I’m confident will become a key one but getting someone back like Skinny would be a great addition to an already quality squad.

People talking about him f****** us over?? The guy who has no real affinity to our football club was offered 3-4-5 X his wages in a much better league and a much bigger shop window! Even the staunchest of Hearts Fans couldn’t knock that back. The fact our management team tried so hard to keep him tells us all how good a player he was and rubbishes all this nonsense on here about him being average. Would love him back! 

4 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Some horrendous revisionism here if Milinkovic signed with us in the summer I can guanratee there would be barely a single post questioning his ability.

Suggest you pull the thread at the time and have a look plenty people saying the same thing then as now.

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Why would we want somebody that ****ed us over back?

Why would  Levein take somebody that ****ed us over back?

We need goals. Our current wingers hardly/never score and barely assist.

True, by the time he could come in Naismith would be back but it would beat persevering with Djoum and Morrision contributing close to nil in terms of goals and assists.

EastSideJambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good player! Didnt **** us over went for much more money. I always thought we looked solid when he played, worked his ass off 

He did at certain times. Not sure his work rate was always admirable though. Seems to be questions over his work rate and application at Hull just now 

I always felt he was quite over rated on here. He did ok last season. I'm not sure he was much if anything beyond that 

He didn't **** us over though. He was offered terms and elected to take better terms on offer elsewhere. That's economic reality. Most of us would do the same in our respective employment 

Wots the big deal about wanting more money??

If u were working in a mediocre job & a rival company stepped in & offered far more cash are u honestly going to say "nah I'll just carry on working for a measly £6 an hour instead of getting £12 an hour." ?

4 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

He did at certain times. Not sure his work rate was always admirable though. Seems to be questions over his work rate and application at Hull just now 

I always felt he was quite over rated on here. He did ok last season. I'm not sure he was much if anything beyond that 

He didn't **** us over though. He was offered terms and elected to take better terms on offer elsewhere. That's economic reality. Most of us would do the same in our respective employment 

He looked good at times in a poor side last year.  Is he the player to make a difference in January - I am not sure.  Think we could do better.

31 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Wots the big deal about wanting more money??

If u were working in a mediocre job & a rival company stepped in & offered far more cash are u honestly going to say "nah I'll just carry on working for a measly £6 an hour instead of getting £12 an hour." ?

Nothings wrong, but if I strung my current employer out for a new contract then went elsewhere once they’d offered it I wouldn’t expect them to still be waiting on me with open arms once I’d made a ***** of my ‘better’ opportunity.

On the his last day at Tynecastle I saw him in the club shop buying strips for his family. He like Craig Gordon earns more elsewhere at the moment but it doesn't change their affection or respect for the club so where's the problem if they return on our terms? 

Thought Levein had stated we weren't interested in bringing in any short term replacements that wouldn't be match fit.

Skinny would be nowhere near being match ready for weeks at least.

Liked him as a player when he was on it but work rate was always questionable.

Would get my full support if he was to return though.

15 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Don't understand this. If we have a hole in the team at present, he is definitely not the man to fill it.

My take on it too.

35 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

On the his last day at Tynecastle I saw him in the club shop buying strips for his family. He like Craig Gordon earns more elsewhere at the moment but it doesn't change their affection or respect for the club so where's the problem if they return on our terms? 

Correct 

would improve us in the final third - no doubts 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

On the grounds exactly the type who would have done something different last Saturday cutting off nose to spite face to dismiss 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Suggest you pull the thread at the time and have a look plenty people saying the same thing then as now.

Indeed. Still, he was a cult on social media therefore he was "one ay us". :rolleyes:

??? This thread is football fans at their finest.

I would have him back but agree that he wouldn’t have the same impact as last season as we now have better players.

In regards to him f****** us over or burning his bridges did Skacel not do the same?! Had a good season and wanted to try to play at a higher level on more money...?

3 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Nothings wrong, but if I strung my current employer out for a new contract then went elsewhere once they’d offered it I wouldn’t expect them to still be waiting on me with open arms once I’d made a ***** of my ‘better’ opportunity.

Depends on the terms of the contract.If the money wasn't that great then why stay & accept it.

3 hours ago, Eno said:

Thought Levein had stated we weren't interested in bringing in any short term replacements that wouldn't be match fit.

Skinny would be nowhere near being match ready for weeks at least.

Liked him as a player when he was on it but work rate was always questionable.

Would get my full support if he was to return though.

He was talking about free agents who aren't with clubs. Milinkovic at least is training with a club and I think playing for development teams

scott herbertson
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is walker not getting a game at Peterborough? 

Started yesterday

They were one down at half time, subbed Jamie and drew 1-1

Not sure if that was injury or tactical

32 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

He is just another ex SPFL player who shone up here who couldn't cut it in shite Championship team. Paterson being the exception.

What’s your point?

There’s plethoras who have travelled the other direction and failed. Most recently, Joey Barton.

jambo-in-furness
On 16 November 2018 at 21:16, OTT said:

I do think Milinkovic could improve us but, I think his decision to bump us after all the work Levein and his team put in to securing the deal was ****ing outrageous. I respect that Hull offered probably a shit ton more and a better platform but he wasn't ready for a move to that level, both him and his agent should have known that, a blind man could have told you that. I seriously hope they came in at the eleventh hour, because if that deal had been sitting on the table and he let Levein waste his ****ing time for an ego trip (which he seems partial to) then he can piss off. 

This is where I'm at, he made all the right noises trying to get the deal, " can't wait to be back next season "etc.

he knew the financial position of the club and FOH.

he talked the talk, then he walked, .                To Hull

Tokyo Drifter
On 16/11/2018 at 18:25, Caramoon said:

Dont know if it has been covered already, but heard he is coming to us on loan. 

I'd take him, but he's obviously nowhere near match fit. Couldn't go straight into the team, which is what we'd need in a loanee.

On 16/11/2018 at 18:27, Swanny17 said:

Absolutely no chance. Levein did as much as he could get get him to sign permanently in the summer but was stabbed in the back essentially. 

Money talks at the end of the day. He is probably on 3 times what we offered.

I'd take him back in a minute.

Morrison is 19 yrs old.   He is a talent.  Persevere with him.

I never like erratic Milinkovic anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Morrison is 19 yrs old.   He is a talent.  Persevere with him.

I never like erratic Milinkovic anyway.

One big difference between the 2 for me. Goals.