• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• EastSideJambo

• Cruyff Turn

1 minute ago, ZEUS said:

Opinions vary my friend and I respect yours. 

Here are some facts.

Reason 1-Remember when he was injured? He obviously went back to his parent club to recuperate you would think? Well he did to begin with and ****ed off on holiday without telling either club. Nobody knew where he was, AWOL i think it's called

Reason 2- He barely speaks a word of English so Levein or McPhee would have to pass instruction to him via Djoum most of the time. Once he got those instructions he tended to ignore them.

I have posted both of these before. The one thing he did do was run about like a daft yin.

21 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Here are some facts.

Reason 1-Remember when he was injured? He obviously went back to his parent club to recuperate you would think? Well he did to begin with and ****ed off on holiday without telling either club. Nobody knew where he was, AWOL i think it's called

Reason 2- He barely speaks a word of English so Levein or McPhee would have to pass instruction to him via Djoum most of the time. Once he got those instructions he tended to ignore them.

I have posted both of these before. The one thing he did do was run about like a daft yin.

Apart from his lack of discipline I always thought he looked unfit which is why I questioned his work rate. I suppose if you tie everything together, plus the fact he pissed off, I certainly wouldn’t welcome him back. 

4 hours ago, ZEUS said:

His work rate is the main reason Levein doesn’t fancy him. 

You are at it. He was an absolute mad man. He must’ve went through about 6 consecutive 50/50s in a 30 second period away at Aberdeen in the 0-0 there in Dec ‘17. He had incredible desire, and never stopped. The only thing you couldn’t fault.

19 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

You are at it. He was an absolute mad man. He must’ve went through about 6 consecutive 50/50s in a 30 second period away at Aberdeen in the 0-0 there in Dec ‘17. He had incredible desire, and never stopped. The only thing you couldn’t fault.

Those slide tackles in Pittodrie in quick succession were a thing of beauty. Loved it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, ZEUS said:

Is that right chum ? ??

The end indeed. 

It is right. You would know if you you actually seen him play. :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The stats thing makes me cringe though. ( not a pop at you mate).

Over this and other threads there’s some people fascinated by them and as if it’s a total and true indication of how good or bad a player is...or, effective and ineffectual etc...

Milinkovic dragged us up the park. He hunted down full backs, had good control and hard to get the ball off.  Linked well with the lone striker.

Maybe he didn’t have many “assists” as people liked but the groundwork is sometimes done long before the final pass is made.

Indeed he did, linking with Lafferty was no easy feat as all he wanted to was shoot himself and had no assists.. There has to be a mixture, look at Griffiths for example. Great goal scorer but Celtic don’t play as well because of his poor link up play. Milinkovic would’ve helped us enormously in November and December.  

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Here are some facts.

Not true Jack Hamilton spoke French and helped craig and mcphee he passed instructions to David at training and before games Djoum was out injured last season and has just came back recently. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anything exciting? Im having a chippy tea when i eventually get out of work if that works.

Works for me. Any idea what? Pie or fish. Chicken?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he did, linking with Lafferty was no easy feat as all he wanted to was shoot himself and had no assists.. There has to be a mixture, look at Griffiths for example. Great goal scorer but Celtic don’t play as well because of his poor link up play. Milinkovic would’ve helped us enormously in November and December.  

Whatever his faults are away from Hearts , we did seem to be a place where they didn’t show. He seemed to like the vibe around Hearts which inspired him to work hard and want to play a part.

I agree with you and others. I think he’d have been a very effective cog playing alongside Naismith(which he’d already shown last season) and benefitted from a generally stronger Hearts around him this season compared to last season.

Here are some facts.

Christophe berra is also half French aswell and had a great relationship with him helped him massively while he was here don't understand at all how people think Craig never liked him etc its a load of pish Craig played him down massively so we stood a chance of getting him for a cheap transfer price Craig is far to smart for some on here unfortunately he got a better wage offer from Hull. 

People moaning about him! Rather have him than McLean or Wighton or even Mitchell maybe even Morrison. Can score goals which Clare hasn't done, yet. 

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Christophe berra is also half French aswell and had a great relationship with him helped him massively while he was here don't understand at all how people think Craig never liked him etc its a load of pish Craig played him down massively so we stood a chance of getting him for a cheap transfer price Craig is far to smart for some on here unfortunately he got a better wage offer from Hull. 

Ooft 

Edited by Jim Weir

58 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

It is right. You would know if you you actually seen him play. :thumbsup:

I think I can see what’s happening here. Football supporters forum. Inevitably differences of opinions on various subjects. Then in classic kickback style, a child questions someone’s credentials as a Hearts supporter because of aforementioned difference of opinion. 

Brilliant. I will crawl into a darkened room and have a strong word with myself. 

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Good input as usual.

I stand by my story 100%.

Not me you need to convince from what I can see 

I wasn't part of the fan club. I thought he was nowhere near the player some folks suggest he was 

Clearly of poor discipline. I was surprised when we made the offer to sign permanently. However serious that offer was 

Without getting overly involved in the slagging each other part, I find it really hard to understand how anyone who has watched Milinkovic in a Hearts strip could think he had a poor workrate or was lazy. I can see why people would say that someone hasn’t watched the guy play. It was one of his absolute standout qualities. We surely do all see things very differently, eh? ?

2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

I wasn't part of the fan club. I thought he was nowhere near the player some folks suggest he was 

Clearly of poor discipline. I was surprised when we made the offer to sign permanently. However serious that offer was 

A more reasonable response this time than oooft so I will agree with your latter points.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Sorry you feel that way. I am certainly not aiming for silly.

Let me explain my reasoning. This season Callumn Morrison has delivered two assists. At the equivalent point last season David Milinkovic had delivered two assists. The statistical difference is Milinkovic scored 2 goals in an excellent performance against Celtic. Frustratingly Milinkovic only delivered occasionally and I would argue that his performance level against Celtic was a one off in the season.

Morrison is simply average, Milinkovic is average with the ability to deliver occasional above average performances.

For me Milnkovic's contribution is remembered unrealistically high because of the quality of player now vying for his vacated slot in the squad.

For these reasons I wouldn't see the return of Milinkovic as progress for our club. That is why my view is "meh" now that any potential route for this happening appears to be closed.

I don't think that's an unreasonable view point in a debate.

much better :thumbsup: i obviously don't agree tho

the celtic game certainly was an exceptional day for the player and even more so for hearts that's why I try not to let that dominate my judgement (for good or bad) 

in my opinion most of his performances were well above average (for our level). He had games where he didn't play well (not excessive in number in my opinion) and games where creatively things didn't come off but he still contributed through work rate, a point highlighted by levein

his stats are good and don't particularly flatter his performances as there are plenty contributions not captured in those stats eg two 1 on 1 chances he created in the hibs cup-tie which were both missed

your stat comparison with morrison (who i don't see as a similar type of player anyway) reminds me of another poster trying to play down his two celtic goals by referring to them as the the 3rd and 4th goals in a 4-0 win completely ignoring the context of a 2-0 lead against celtic with 45 mins to go :)

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Here are some facts.

I still remember a meeting I was at where Craig was telling us about Milinkovic. He said that the vast majority of times he was given instructions in the dressing room before the games kicked off and by the time he had walked up the tunnel and out onto the pitch he had forgotten what had been said to him. That may well be one of the reasons he just ran about daft.

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Hull tweets are a bonus. This is what I was looking for. This guy analysing stats rated his contribution playing for Hearts.

Edited by Mikey1874

More concerning is Edwards and Burns returning and if Hibs get their game together. If we signed Gauld loads of posters like Mikey and Jig would be hailing him as some kind of Superstar.

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who actually cares about skinny, the fascination with him is disturbing as he is actually not that good.

Outstanding contribution to a debate. If you don’t care, then don’t join in. ?

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Stats mean SFA. Look at possession stats for example to me he never looked 100% fit.

Sounds like a stat to me

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Stats mean SFA. Look at possession stats for example to me he never looked 100% fit.

So Naismith scoring 14 goals is irrelevant? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Hull tweets are a bonus. This is what I was looking for. This guy analysing stats rated his contribution playing for Hearts.

Regardless of brain power I thought he was a productive player. 

Like any signing for me how much you get for your money is key

Sepp's Bladder
14 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Better tell all these massive companies pouring money into mining big data. 

Nothing wrong with a loose canon in the team sometimes. (Regards not understanding instruction).

I don’t want natural footballers neutered.  The instructions may have been about anything of course and not necessarily stunting his game, but CL did say he couldn’t wait to play Milinkovic.

So he obviously appreciated his ability.  

22 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

While stats can be manipulated to match a certain arguments to say they mean SFA is just a ridiculous comment, every major club in the world hire countless statistician to provide them with an insight into their opponents, but Jamboskickback says it’s bullsh*t so it must be 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Poor discipline? Like Naismith and Lafferty whenever we play Celtic or Aberdeen? Like our manager whose had a few run ins with SFA over the years? Can’t remember him being indisciplined? The offer was accepted so it was serious, as was mistake in going to that shithole Hull ?.

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Poor discipline? Like Naismith and Lafferty whenever we play Celtic or Aberdeen? Like our manager whose had a few run ins with SFA over the years? Can’t remember him being indisciplined? The offer was accepted so it was serious, as was mistake in going to that shithole Hull ?.

The examples you give pale into insignificance when you consider what Messrs Morelos and Brown get away with. Craig Levein may have had a run in or two with the SFA, but who hasn't.  In my view he's been completely justified in doing so 

Lafferty got wound up against Celtic. I've no problem with that. He had a great record of scoring against them for us 

I believe Milinkovic was positionally indisciplined.  He appears to have fallen foul of hierarchy at more than one employer. Look at his career to date, he's achieved nothing 

He may have worked hard at times in a Hearts shirt but it's disputable if it was inspiration over perspiration 

I'm not convinced we were all that serious about signing him in the summer

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

The examples you give pale into insignificance when you consider what Messrs Morelos and Brown get away with. Craig Levein may have had a run in or two with the SFA, but who hasn't.  In my view he's been completely justified in doing so 

Lafferty got wound up against Celtic. I've no problem with that. He had a great record of scoring against them for us 

I believe Milinkovic was positionally indisciplined.  He appears to have fallen foul of hierarchy at more than one employer. Look at his career to date, he's achieved nothing 

He may have worked hard at times in a Hearts shirt but it's disputable if it was inspiration over perspiration 

I'm not convinced we were all that serious about signing him in the summer

So you have no proof that he was indisciplined then. As you’ve mentioned Brown & Morelos would you agree he’s nowhere near as indisciplined as those two. We agreed a fee with his club and the deal fell through about personal terms, I think thats pretty serious. He’s only 24, but has had 10 clubs already so there’s something not quite right, more likely to be his lacking the brain capacity to follow instructions.