• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• DS98

• Ricardo Shillyshally

• Forever Hearts

Ricardo Shillyshally
19 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Don’t get that at all. You think of their Cup win and not the prominent role he played in ours?

And that save against Motherwell in 2005...

If he was decent dealing with crosses, he may have been regarded as world class.

That's football for you. It's a fickle business. Horrid behaviour from him. He's effectively dead to me

Player with a great will to win on his knees celebrating a cup win.  Pretty normal stuff.  What do folk expect? If every player who supported another team as a kid never celebrated a cup win there would be 2 or 3 players left celebrating 

23 minutes ago, Muirhead said:

Player with a great will to win on his knees celebrating a cup win.  Pretty normal stuff.  What do folk expect? If every player who supported another team as a kid never celebrated a cup win there would be 2 or 3 players left celebrating 

Spot on. What a load of rubbish from some of the posters on this thread. 

Craig Gordon is a legend in my eyes. 

Plays for Celtic now. So what. 

Played and learnt everything whilst at Hearts. 

But for injuries would be at the highest in Europe. 

Gave us everything and while a professional will give everything to who pays him. 

I have no problem with that. 

Always welcome home. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bain? Did he really.. What a ****

Yep , when asked by a reporter if being a Hearts fan would be an issue at hibs he said “as a player you don’t really support a team so it wouldn’t be an issue “, 

Imagine denying you’re a Hearts supporter to appeal to that shower of spoon warmers . 

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

To anybody that thinks Gordon is the best goalkeeper to play for Hearts. Sadly you didn’t see Anti Niemi.

And you didnt see Jim Cruickshank who was sadly lost to us almost 8 years to the day.

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

I like Craig.  Hope he comes home.

Great player for Hearts and genuinely nice guy. Scottish Cup winning legend.

Not sure what he has done that gets people so fired up on here. I am sure a pile of people will be along soon with their minor petty gripes soon though to inform me as to why he is now the antichrist ;) 

Any time anyone mentions his name I see him in his Black Hummel goalkeeper kit wildly celebrating our 2006 cup win after the penalty shoot out.

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

And you didnt see Jim Cruickshank who was sadly lost to us almost 8 years to the day.

I've seen Cruickshank, Niemi and Gordon play for Hearts and for me Niemi was the best. 

36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've seen Cruickshank, Niemi and Gordon play for Hearts and for me Niemi was the best. 

Cruickshank is my favourite ever Hearts player but I have to agree, Niemi, was probably the best keeper.

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Great player for Hearts and genuinely nice guy. Scottish Cup winning legend.

Not sure what he has done that gets people so fired up on here. I am sure a pile of people will be along soon with their minor petty gripes soon though to inform me as to why he is now the antichrist ;) 

Any time anyone mentions his name I see him in his Black Hummel goalkeeper kit wildly celebrating our 2006 cup win after the penalty shoot out.

Playing for Celtic is the issue here. I don’t care what he does for Celtic, if there was a chance to sign him I’d be delighted to see him back. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Playing for Celtic is the issue here. I don’t care what he does for Celtic, if there was a chance to sign him I’d be delighted to see him back. 

No theres no issue with him playing for celtic, its the fact that he has become celtic thats the issue 

Imagine how impressed they would have been if he was as good as when we sold him? 

Craig Gordon has been a brilliant signing for them (unfortunately) but even at that he is a shadow of the player that left us. 

As for the sell out bit, don't think we were ever really in for him and big shock that a goalie celebrates wildly when his team scores, no beef with him 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Never seen Cruickshank but you are correct about Niemi. He was better than Gordon.

What the **** is the guy supposed to do?

He’s employee by them, paid by them, football is tribal - he has to get a bond with the fans otherwise things like what happened with Goncalves happens.

Give the guy a ****ing break and get into the real world.

Hartley played and behaved like a PHM. Would we have wanted him to have been different - less Hearts because he was a Celtic fan? What would we have done then? I know the answer - ruined one of our best players in recent years.

A lot of our fans need to grow the **** up.

Edited by Jammy T

24 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

What the **** is the guy supposed to do?

He’s employee by them, paid by them, football is tribal - he has to get a bond with the fans otherwise things like what happened with Goncalves happens.

Give the guy a ****ing break and get into the real world.

Hartley played and behaved like a PHM. Would we have wanted him to have been different - less Hearts because he was a Celtic fan? What would we have done then? I know the answer - ruined one of our best players in recent years.

A lot of our fans need to grow the **** up.

Away and fling shite at yersel ?

Only place I can act like a 15 year old is on here.

25 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Away and fling shite at yersel ?

Only place I can act like a 15 year old is on here.

Me too but this Gordon chat is honking.

Nobody gave a shite about Lafferty behaving like a Hun every time he played against Celtic for us

Its a bullshit topic and argument. Continues to show just how small a lot of our fans minds are at a time when our fans are under a massive spotlight.

Pathetic.

Edited by Jammy T

12 hours ago, adayinmay said:

Craig Gordon is a legend in my eyes. 

Plays for Celtic now. So what. 

Played and learnt everything whilst at Hearts. 

But for injuries would be at the highest in Europe. 

Gave us everything and while a professional will give everything to who pays him. 

I have no problem with that. 

Always welcome home.

This. There are a lot of bitter sods on here. :)There are very few "one team" players in football - that's the reality of things. Despite the fact that he now plays for such a scummy club, I'm pleased that he managed to recover his career when it was looking quite dismal for him at one point. Was a great servant to this club, a good professional, and also brought in a nice wedge when he buggered off.

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Nobody gave a shite about Lafferty behaving like a Hun every time he played against Celtic for us

Its a bullshit topic and argument. Continues to show just how small a lot of our fans minds are at a time when our fans are under a massive spotlight.

Pathetic.

Equating a dislike of his actions to throwing bottles & coins and liking Tommy Robinson is quite frankly ridiculous.

Would you be on your knees celebrating a celtic cup win if you played for them? I known I wouldn't, regardless of how high my wages were.

13 hours ago, siegementality said:

To anybody that thinks Gordon is the best goalkeeper to play for Hearts. Sadly you didn’t see Anti Niemi.

I was just about to post the same. Mind you, Craig was a close second though. I'm too young to have seen cruikshank play for hearts so I can't compare. My old man always said he was the best he ever seen until he watched niemi, so that'll do for making my mind up.

If Celtic's squad are paid £59m pa and Hearts squad £5.9m then you could expect Gordon to be on 10x the amount we could afford to pay him. Celtic were the only Scottish club who could ever afford him after his £40k pw contract at Sunderland.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He pays into FOH every month. Not pennies either. Taking money from them and giving them to us? I see no problem here.

A modern day robin hood. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
53 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

He pays into FOH every month. Not pennies either. Taking money from them and giving them to us? I see no problem here.

Rumour or fact? Hope it's true.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I was just about to post the same. Mind you, Craig was a close second though. I'm too young to have seen cruikshank play for hearts so I can't compare. My old man always said he was the best he ever seen until he watched niemi, so that'll do for making my mind up.

Definitely agreed. A close second. We were lucky to have both at the height of their powers.

33 minutes ago, weaz1981 said:

Definitely agreed. A close second. We were lucky to have both at the height of their powers.

Exactly, just wish I'd seen cruikshank play so I could compare him as well.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Forget he’s only 31. Still got another solid 5 or 6 years in him.

Also never learned to take a cross ball.

He's 35 and turns 36 at the end of the year. He is signed  with Celtic until summer 2020 at which point he will be 37 and a half. I'd be very surprised if Celtic wanted to keep him as first choice keeper at that stage and depending on injuries/ form over the rest of this season would not be at all surprised if they were looking for another keeper in the summer.

21 hours ago, DS98 said:

Every celtic fan knows he’s a jambo. That’s why he’s never been fully accepted there. Sellout? Mind boggling 

Yeah this. Loved him at hearts.

Dunno how people expect a jambo at Celtic to behave. Like a hostage?

12 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

Yeah this. Loved him at hearts.

Dunno how people expect a jambo at Celtic to behave. Like a hostage?

Dunno about anyone else, but the only reason I wouldn’t take him back, is because he’s nowhere near the keeper he was when he left anymore. 

siegementality
16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

No I did see Jim Cruickshank. 

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Forget he’s only 31. Still got another solid 5 or 6 years in him.

Also never learned to take a cross ball.

He's not 31. 

scott herbertson
13 hours ago, superjack said:

Exactly, just wish I'd seen cruikshank play so I could compare him as well.

Like comparing Apples to Oranges

I saw all three and Jim Cruickshank was my hero as a Child ( my glam rock lyrics at the foot are from a 70s song I adapted in my own head  to refer to him)

I think using any modern statistical analysis it would probably come out 1 Niemi, 2 Gordon and 3. Cruickshank

However for reflexes and 'wonder saves' Cruickshank was your man  - his Tommy Gemmell penalty save was simply incredible - Gemmell had probably the hardest shot in football yet Cruickie got to it. Not sure the others would have.

image.png.74dda38355c5af79d00dec438206133f.png

Edited by scott herbertson

i wish jj was my dad
19 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Pathetic.

Spot on. JT.

Wee hun mentality

20 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Pathetic.

Well said Jammy. 

N Lincs Jambo

Was fortunate enough to have seen Cruikshank, Niemi and Gordon all play for Hearts and one thing to remember is that Cruiky played in an era when goalkeepers weren't all 6'4" plus like they are today. Cruiky was smaller than the other two but had amazing agility and shot-stopping ability as per the reference above to the Tommy Gemmell penalty save. 

Gordon was a great player for us, always seems to act very respectfully towards the hearts fans and also seems like a genuinely good guy (eg paying the guy from Alloa’s wages and helping out with school football etc)

really cant understand the animosity towards him, unless I’ve missed something 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Celebrating his team scoring a last minute Scottish Cup final winner? Scum.

Some absolutely molten takes in here.

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Crete said:

Craig was a top keeper for Hearts but that was in the past ,maybe one day he will be back at Hearts coaching the future Craig gordon’s.

As long as he's not teaching them how to kick or come from crossed balls.

jack D and coke
On 16/11/2018 at 18:38, kingantti1874 said:

Yep. Its not the factvthat he chose them before us, more the celticy attitude he adopted. The lack of respect.. Celtic fans / ex players have behaved much more respectfully on their return to Tynecastle. Craig has sold the jerseys..

That’s it for me. He’s behaved like every inch the Celtic tramp any time we’ve played them. 

He can **** off??

50 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

As long as he's not teaching them how to kick or come from crossed balls.

Exactly. Both fundamental requirements for a 'keeper. Although I can't argue with his shot stopping abilities Hearts really did win a watch getting 9 mill or whatever for him. Niemi was by far the complete 'keeper in comparison.