• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• jambovambo

• Big Drew

• Doctor FinnBarr

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

To be inducted into the Hall of Fame next weekend ?

As he is my favourite Hearts player ever, I was petrified to open your thread, Notts!

Very much deserved, well done Drew.

12 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Brilliant but gonna no do that. Was scared to open the thread.

Same here!

Can the Mods add inducted to the hall of fame to the title?

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

As he is my favourite Hearts player ever, I was petrified to open your thread, Notts!

Very much deserved, well done Drew.

Adds a wee bit of excitement to your day!!

16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Adds a wee bit of excitement to your day!!

There’s a big difference between excitement and palpitations.

:) 

Definitely merits the accolade. Always gave his all for the team and I think his effort and commitment/ work rate result in me and many others still indulge in fond memories /nostalgia of his time at Hearts, long after recollections of his contemporaries have long been forgotten. 

6 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

He was a centre forward. 

4 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Ah I see,  a wee bit before my time, still impressive though. 

Heard he loved a slide tackle!

More of what was called an 'inside left' in these days.  Donald Ford was more what would have been called our 'centre forward'.

Punks No Deid

Well deserved

I was fortunate to meet Drew a couple of years ago outside Tynecastle.

What an absolute gentleman

They say you should never meet your heroes, I'm glad I did on this occasion

busby bleeding.jpg

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

More of what was called an 'inside left' in these days.  Donald Ford was more what would have been called our 'centre forward'.

It was the mid seventies, the old W formation was old news by then. 

2 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

It was the mid seventies, the old W formation was old news by then. 

Yes thanks, I know when it was.

He still didn't play as an 'out and out' centre forward, he played a wee bit behind Donald Ford, but alongside him when Hearts were on the offensive.

53 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I can't wait for the evening and will obviously be on my best behaviour. 

A selfie with the Buzzbomb is on the cards.

I have been forgiven......(And warned).

My favourite too. Along with Bobby Prentice. Got a photo with him in Liverpool but the guy who took it ****ed up the camera. Erse.

Well done to Drew Busby a fantastic whole hearted player who gave his all in every game he played, in an era unfortunately when Hearts were garbage

These days Busby would have been booked or sent off every other week, and crucified on here by the “Kickback Mourinho’s”

I’ve see a lot of players in the years that I have been supporting Hearts but Drew Busby remains my favourite. I love Robbo and Rudi,but The Buzzbomb still wins!

Jesus saves,but Busby nets the rebound 

Just now, buzz said:

I’ve see a lot of players in the years that I have been supporting Hearts but Drew Busby remains my favourite. I love Robbo and Rudi,but The Buzzbomb still wins!

Still got my old Gilzean badge somewhere lol

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Well done to Drew Busby a fantastic whole hearted player who gave his all in every game he played, in an era unfortunately when Hearts were garbage

These days Busby would have been booked or sent off every other week, and crucified on here by the “Kickback Mourinho’s”

My very first memory watching Hearts was Drew getting booked :greggy:

3 hours ago, buzz said:

2 hours ago, andi17 said:

Still got my old Gilzean badge somewhere lol

2F62D438-4BE2-4888-8EB1-C4FD57B5594C.jpeg

5 minutes ago, farin said:

100% deserved. 

image.thumb.jpg.71c8192d0642991b808d77d8bc337c06.jpg

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

2F62D438-4BE2-4888-8EB1-C4FD57B5594C.jpeg

You and I must be on the same wavelength Farin!  :lol: 

Edited by Morgan

To say I am over the moon is an understatement. Knowing Drew, he will be as humble as ever. So delighted for him. Just gutted I am on other side of the world on 24th. Videos and pics will be much appreciated peeps!. His name is Drew Busby...

Doctor FinnBarr
29 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

To say I am over the moon is an understatement. Knowing Drew, he will be as humble as ever. So delighted for him. Just gutted I am on other side of the world on 24th. Videos and pics will be much appreciated peeps!. His name is Drew Busby...

Thought you might pop up on this thread Lynn, and your right he will be very humble about it, a lovely lovely man.

2 hours ago, jambovambo said:

“Enjoying” 5-1 at Hampden ...

11A20E43-4CF4-444E-AB6D-1CC848FA66ED.jpeg

That’s a great photo mate, never seen that. Love seeing guys who didn’t get the success with us that their ability deserved enjoying days like that. 

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, Zico said:

That’s a great photo mate, never seen that. Love seeing guys who didn’t get the success with us that their ability deserved enjoying days like that. 

It is a great pic but I think Drew only got the ticket (through a member on here) because that Greg whathisname shat it and pulled out of attending.

Ex players like Drew, Donald Ford, Alan Anderson etc etc should be getting contacted by the club about tickets for a game like that.

4 hours ago, Zico said:

6 hours ago, jambovambo said:

“Enjoying” 5-1 at Hampden ...

11A20E43-4CF4-444E-AB6D-1CC848FA66ED.jpeg

An absolute gentleman,  he cannot believe how the Hearts support take to him, a real humble guy. That pic brings a tear to the eye, wearing his Hearts strip at the Hampden Humiliation .  Delighted he's going in the hall of fame.

14 hours ago, Punks No Deid said:

Well deserved

I was fortunate to meet Drew a couple of years ago outside Tynecastle.

What an absolute gentleman

They say you should never meet your heroes, I'm glad I did on this occasion

busby bleeding.jpg

That’s a tremendous picture. 

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Thanks. Also introduced myself to japanjambo who was nearby (obviously...)

Still there’s the mystery of the three almost-identical men in the photo ...

1 hour ago, jambovambo said:

Thanks. Also introduced myself to japanjambo who was nearby (obviously...)

Still there’s the mystery of the three almost-identical men in the photo ...

I was a tad pished at that time! I knew where Drew was standing that day and popped along to see him. Had a Hearts top with his name on it! I know, I know...the guy at the back with the glasses on is a dear friend of Drews. Saw them recently at the Aberdeen game. Still on cloud nine over here in Japan! ? 

3 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

I was a tad pished at that time! I knew where Drew was standing that day and popped along to see him. Had a Hearts top with his name on it! I know, I know...the guy at the back with the glasses on is a dear friend of Drews. Saw them recently at the Aberdeen game. Still on cloud nine over here in Japan! ? 

How do you know one guy with the glasses from the other two guys with glasses ?

12 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

You will be over the moon pal, Drews biggest fan.

And great news for Drew, loved watching him play , as for penalty kicks, superb.

Congratulations Drew, very much deserved and in my opinion long overdue.

You, Fordy and Cruikie, absolutely shone at a time when watching the Hearts was a test of everyone's loyalty to our great club.

Enjoy your night.

14 hours ago, poultry said:

Alan Anderson will also be inducted. 

Not before time, one of our own that lived the dream and was a right good player too . I don’t think it was coincidence that we got relegated after he retired.

11 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

It is a great pic but I think Drew only got the ticket (through a member on here) because that Greg whathisname shat it and pulled out of attending.

Ex players like Drew, Donald Ford, Alan Anderson etc etc should be getting contacted by the club about tickets for a game like that.

How many loyalty points do they have? ?

A very well deserved accolade along with Alan Anderson's.

We really did  ran into a lot of trouble once Cruickshank, Anderson, Ford, Busby and Prentice departed, testament to how much they were holding the team together through a good part of the 1970s.

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

A very well deserved accolade along with Alan Anderson's.

We really did  ran into a lot of trouble once Cruickshank, Anderson, Ford, Busby and Prentice departed, testament to how much they were holding the team together through a good part of the 1970s.

I think Cruickie, Prentice and Busby were still on the books when we first got relegated in 77.