Berra

davieholt

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yes, it is tedious but whike we tolerate Hibs trolls on here people will be pissed off.

On topic. Keep our heads above water until CB and SN are back and we wull be right in the mix in the run in.

FTH

Who are the Hibs trolls on this thread? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EastSideJambo

• Morgan

• @VladMagic

• Bull's-eye

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

5 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

aif you aren't a Hibs troll you need to find another hobby just like I said about your previous incarnation. 

EastSideJambo
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

aif you aren't a Hibs troll you need to find another hobby just like I said about your previous incarnation. 

You may disagree with my opinions but the Hibs inference is utterly tragic 

9 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

You may disagree with my opinions but the Hibs inference is utterly tragic 

Really?

Your username doesn't help your protestations.

Brighton Jambo

As pleased as I am to have him back I feel centre back was an area we were coping.  To be honest I would rather have heard Naismith or Uche we’re back early.  

Good news on Berra being back.  I suppose it'll be a few weeks at least before he's seen in the team.  We've coped remarkably well without him defensively, but we've missed his leadership since Naismith got injured.

It's remarkable as well that for most of Berra's time out, we have been doing well defensively whilst also going forward with aplomb.  

Shame about Tony Clifton though....

9 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

You and Rick are hobos.  Everyone knows this, perhaps the mods let you stick around so we can all laugh at your pathetic trolling

EastSideJambo
30 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You and Rick are hobos.  Everyone knows this, perhaps the mods let you stick around so we can all laugh at your pathetic trolling

Good lord 

Presumably that represents the extent of your contribution 

Edited by EastSideJambo

EastSideJambo
30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Really?

Your username doesn't help your protestations.

Excellent interjection Al 

Anything to offer on the subject matter per chance 

22 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Every post you've ever made.

He occasionally sneaks a reasonable one in to try and fool us, unsuccessfully, but, not this time! (i.e. he doesn't fool us, and this post is just so much wordage).

Back 3, Back 4, Berra can play in either, as he has done already.

Great having Berra close to a return. He brings so much more than his ability as a central defender. Same as Naismith, the bring an attitude that the other players feed off.

EastSideJambo
37 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He occasionally sneaks a reasonable one in to try and fool us, unsuccessfully, but, not this time! (i.e. he doesn't fool us, and this post is just so much wordage).

Back 3, Back 4, Berra can play in either, as he has done already.

At least you touched on the subject matter rather than solely disparaging remarks about a fellow poster 

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'd rather our players did not accept interviews from any journalists let them get their stories from the West of Scotland clubs.

22 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

At least you touched on the subject matter rather than solely disparaging remarks about a fellow poster 

Give it a rest for the love of god. What do you want? A Telethon?

• 3 weeks later...

Out for months and then 3 games in 6 days...a rock at the heart of our club...

Losing run stopped, winless run stopped...I am saying this is no coincidence.

Arise Sir Christophe!

outstanding again today. 3 games in a week after being out for 4 months is exceptional. Just great to have him back showing his usual excellent playing performances and also his leadership on the park guiding other players through the game (s) 

Out of his comfort zone today and didn't like it. 

He'll man up and do what's required for the team though. 

Captain Fantastic.

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

outstanding again today. 3 games in a week after being out for 4 months is exceptional. Just great to have him back showing his usual excellent playing performances and also his leadership on the park guiding other players through the game (s) 

I thought he looked out on his feet a few times today but soldiered on putting his body on the line for the cause.

Leads by example and is such a great player to have in the team even if he is only half match fit.

it's absolutely no co incidence that the last 2 games Berra has been involved in we have picked up points .. it's not just key players u lose when u lose players like Berra from the side - it's what they bring such as the winners mentality and a zero tolerance for losing 

I was reading that a few of the hearts players were saying that they couldn't wait to get Berra back as he is constantly moaning at everyone .. similar to naisy 

i have massive respect for Berra as he came back to us because he loves the club and it's where he wanted to be .. he could have gone elsewhere for more money but the pull of the jersey was too much and that's why he is a hero in my book ... fantastic player and fantastic person .. welcome back Christophe 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

it's absolutely no co incidence that the last 2 games Berra has been involved in we have picked up points .. it's not just key players u lose when u lose players like Berra from the side - it's what they bring such as the winners mentality and a zero tolerance for losing 

I was reading that a few of the hearts players were saying that they couldn't wait to get Berra back as he is constantly moaning at everyone .. similar to naisy 

i have massive respect for Berra as he came back to us because he loves the club and it's where he wanted to be .. he could have gone elsewhere for more money but the pull of the jersey was too much and that's why he is a hero in my book ... fantastic player and fantastic person .. welcome back Christophe 

Totally agree,I think you will find the same with Morrison and Mitchell their form has dipped recently since Naismith has been sidelined,he was constantly in their faces during games.

21 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Best Hearts captain ever?

He’s certainly up there.

Up there for sure. For me it has to be Elvis.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Up there for sure. For me it has to be Elvis.

You wouldn’t catch Berra disrespecting us like Elvis did though...

Who was the twat that thought Berra was French, when complaining about the number of foreigners we were playing?

Anyway, since ha return to us (pre and post injury), Berra has been immense 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Who was the twat that thought Berra was French, when complaining about the number of foreigners we were playing?

what, someone thought that?

that is almost as bad as

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

what, someone thought that?

that is almost as bad as

I have a feeling it was the bigotted Davie Provan. 

bringonthesevco

Everything about the man is class on and off the pitch ... when some of our youngsters leave for big money I guarantee they’ll be extremely grateful to Berra and Naismith for the support and “coaching” both in training and during matches .

Berra was a great player before he left and an AWESOME captain/player since his return .

Beat captain in my lifetime ....

Pasquale for King
On 09/12/2018 at 11:22, Paolo said:

Wasn’t me but Christophe Didier Berra was born in Edinburgh, his dad is French though and even Inspector Clouseau could see the link ???‍♂️

Fantastic player, Captain and all round gent . 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wasn’t me but Christophe Didier Berra was born in Edinburgh, his dad is French though and even Inspector Clouseau could see the link ???‍♂️

Fantastic player, Captain and all round gent . 

Yes, but it was clear that Christophe was Scottish at the time.  Born in Edinburgh, and has represented Scotland at his age level. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yes, but it was clear that Christophe was Scottish at the time.  Born in Edinburgh, and has represented Scotland at his age level. 

Indeed, still could’ve played for France though obviously.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t justify the journalist (as I said, I think it was the bigot and cheat Provan) from saying he is French, just to criticise us for not playing enough ‘Scots’, even though the Old Firm has played starting elevens with none, with little critic. 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Would be great to see him mark this milestone with a winning goal

I fancy Berra to get a goal. I fancy Hearts to win 1-0. Berra 1-0 Scorecast 85/1 ...

What a fantastic boost that he wants to finish his career with us, and sees himself playing for a number of years yet!! - what a boost for the club - now just get Naismith as well ?

Love big Chris. So glad to see him return. Compare the way he left, the way he plays, the career he had when he was away, and the way he returned to Webster... no contest, and it will be reflected in how they are remembered by the fans. Hope he wins a cup in his second spell too. ❤️

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

15 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Was it not that arsehole Jackson who thought Berra was a French import? Maybe on the Football Phone-in? 

Your post further up the page regarding what Berra brings to the team was bang on as he has since proved.

Christophe is a great captain, and terrific example to all the young lads at the  club.

But being a bit (ahem) older than a lot of posters on here, it has to be John Cumming for me.

The original 'Mr Hearts.'