I know political banners are frowned upon...

Jeff

I agree. A bit random. America does have a real problem though with its justice system. There just doesn't seem to be anything to stop arsehole lawyers trying a case in the media before it gets near a court. 

Nope, he’s a convicted killer, maybe even twice. Leave this freedom fighting shit to  Celtic. We’re a football team.

maroonnicky63
8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I agree. A bit random. America does have a real problem though with its justice system. There just doesn't seem to be anything to stop arsehole lawyers trying a case in the media before it gets near a court. 

It's just as bad here ,there is loads of arsehole lawyers and our laws are bonkers

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:cornette_dog: 

Why on earth would you take that to a football match?

This could be the final piece of the Making a Murderer puzzle. Released by Saturday - NAP

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Nope, he’s a convicted killer, maybe even twice. Leave this freedom fighting shit to  Celtic. We’re a football team.

He's maybe a convicted killer twice? What does that even mean? 

Салатные палочки

It's probably a joke. Ireland's fans are notorious for "hilarious" bantz flagz. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

:cornette_dog: 

Why on earth would you take that to a football match?

This is the question folk should ask themselve before bringing anything to a football game, including themselves. 

maroonnicky63
29 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I can't agree with that

Really why , even when they know their client is guilty of the most horrendous crimes they will still fight to get them back onto our streets to do more damage to innocent people. I have first hand experience with dealing with them , they are no better or worse than any other country, they are all the same but you are entitled to your opinion

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Really why , even when they know their client is guilty of the most horrendous crimes they will still fight to get them back onto our streets to do more damage to innocent people. I have first hand experience with dealing with them , they are no better or worse than any other country, they are all the same but you are entitled to your opinion

You've missed the point. In the UK the police or Public Prosecutor could not discuss the alleged actions of an individual pre-trial. A defendant is entitled to a presumption of innocence. 

Pasquale for King

He was convicted of murder in 1985, served 18 years, was exonerated, got out, murdered someone, got life with no parole, sued them for $36m. Not sure how he’s going to spend it? It’s not political or anything with Ireland though?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

So I’ve spotted an Irish flag in a packet at work, from St Patrick’s day. Anyone think I should take it to the Rangers game in support of Dunne/Doyle/Mulraney?

My grandad Patrick Brady was Irish, he died fighting the Nazis in WWII and his name is on the cairn at the top of Preatonfield. 

I sit in lower section P, will I A, get my head kicked in or B, get thrown out and my season ticket confiscated? 

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So I’ve spotted an Irish flag in a packet at work, from St Patrick’s day. Anyone think I should take it to the Rangers game in support of Dunne/Doyle/Mulraney?

My grandad Patrick Brady was Irish, he died fighting the Nazis in WWII and his name is on the cairn at the top of Preatonfield. 

I sit in lower section P, will I A, get my head kicked in or B, get thrown out and my season ticket confiscated? 

Probably both. :D

William H. Bonney
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was convicted of murder in 1985, served 18 years, was exonerated, got out, murdered someone, got life with no parole, sued them for $36m. Not sure how he’s going to spend it? It’s not political or anything with Ireland though?

Rape, not murder. 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think I’ve gone past caring about the whole flag thing. 

Take along the Irish flag, bring along a swastika and ISIS as well. 

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nah man, it's fine to fly YOUR flag. It's your heritage. Don't know why anyone would have an issue with it.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You'd maybe encourage a few others to do the same over time. Like any flag someone brings, you may get some comments, you may not.

Like any comment you get in life, it’s all on who sees or hears you, but unless it’s unlawful or offensive, that shouldn’t stop you.

I personally don’t know why people have an issue with these things, but we know that some can find an issue with anything, and the people that moan about ‘snowflakes’ and ‘easily offended brigade’, are some of the people that get offended easier than anyone else.

Anyway, I’m waffling now..

Pasquale for King
On 17/11/2018 at 07:33, Nookie Bear said:

I think I’ve gone past caring about the whole flag thing. 

Take along the Irish flag, bring along a swastika and ISIS as well. 

Why did you comment then ??I don’t have those two but a Catalan and a Palestinian one do instead?

Pasquale for King
On 17/11/2018 at 08:11, Sarah O said:

Nah man, it's fine to fly YOUR flag. It's your heritage. Don't know why anyone would have an issue with it.

Thanks, I’ll tell Ann you told me to do it. Better leave my Yes, Palestine and Catalan flags in the hoose though eh ??

Pasquale for King
On 17/11/2018 at 08:37, Do The Dance said:

You'd maybe encourage a few others to do the same over time. Like any flag someone brings, you may get some comments, you may not.

Like any comment you get in life, it’s all on who sees or hears you, but unless it’s unlawful or offensive, that shouldn’t stop you.

I personally don’t know why people have an issue with these things, but we know that some can find an issue with anything, and the people that moan about ‘snowflakes’ and ‘easily offended brigade’, are some of the people that get offended easier than anyone else.

Anyway, I’m waffling now..

All fair points.Might be a bit hypocritical of me when I’ve said many times that UJs are brought to antagonise the oppositions fans.

MacDonald Jardine
On 17/11/2018 at 08:11, Sarah O said:

Excellent. 

Ulster flag every wèek from now on in honour of my heritage. 

3 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Excellent. 

Ulster flag every wèek from now on in honour of my heritage. 

Yes, I've not suggested you do anything different from usual.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Sarah O said:

Yes, I've not suggested you do anything different from usual.

Great, you've never suggested you endorse it until now though. 

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Great, you've never suggested you endorse it until now though. 

I thought you were flying it to be obnoxious. How foolish of me.

Tynecastlesmychurch
On 16/11/2018 at 08:05, TypoonJambo said:

I think you'll find we are more than just a club mate! 

In all honesty tho I agree with you! 

On 16/11/2018 at 19:50, jambopilms said:

They should free Steven Avery.

Nit sure I would waste a bed sheet though 

bedsheet was not wasted.

I'm quite sure it will be back on the bed )unwashed).

If someone wants to highlight an issue, like alleged miscarriage of justice, by taking a banner to a public event, I don’t have a great problem (as long as they don’t block my view).

Actually, if we had lots of flags in the crowd simply celebrating the different countries our players come from , including ROI, that would be really powerful; I’m all for that. But then, with Brexit, the number of flags is going to reduce, as we take back control. Happy days (not).

The problems come when by flying certain flags, our more narrow-minded fans seek to project some kind of bogus identity onto Hearts, often feeding and fuelling our opponents’ (or presumed cousins’) prejudices about our club.