Tommy Robinson

DB-14

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You sure?

008D73C8-0CF9-4173-9A45-B65A243C6011.png

He's certainly been to Rangers games, wore Rangers strips and mixed with their fans.

I think you'll find he'd wear anyone's strip to gain a reaction, which sadly he's receiving.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• ri Alban

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, JyTees said:

He's certainly been to Rangers games, wore Rangers strips and mixed with their fans.

I think you'll find he'd wear anyone's strip to gain a reaction, which sadly he's receiving.

Wow I didn’t know that. So you just ignore trouble in the hope that it doesn’t rear it’s ugly head. If he appears or doesn’t there will be carnage outside and our clubs good name will be dragged through the mud, again.

31 minutes ago, JyTees said:

So, he's not a fan then. He's just some guy who dresses up in other people's jerseys in order to try and ingratiate and attach himself. To exploit and manipulate. How desperately tragic. He's not a Hearts fan either, he's just some poisonous little parasite. He doesn't give a hoot about Heart of Midlothian.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wow I didn’t know that. So you just ignore trouble in the hope that it doesn’t rear it’s ugly head. If he appears or doesn’t there will be carnage outside and our clubs good name will be dragged through the mud, again.

I'm not sure why you think there'll be carnage. He could appear and nobody would even know he'd been until he'd gone.

Like I've said countless times now, it's the publicity he craves. There would have been absolutely zero reaction from TR until this story made headlines. It made headlines because folk were falling over themselves to be outraged on social media.

5 minutes ago, redm said:

So, he's not a fan then. He's just some guy who dresses up in other people's jerseys in order to try and ingratiate and attach himself. To exploit and manipulate. How desperately tragic. He's not a Hearts fan either, he's just some poisonous little parasite. He doesn't give a hoot about Heart of Midlothian.

I've no idea, you'd need to ask him. He has and always will be a football fan though. Don't know about you but I've been to many a football match which I had no links to either side. I've always loved the game.

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I've no idea, you'd need to ask him. He has and always will be a football fan though. Don't know about you but I've been to many a football match which I had no links to either side. I've always loved the game.

Yes, but presumably your interest in football is the main reason why you go along to begin with? I'm the same, I watch other teams, I like to visit other stadiums, that sort of thing. Our reasons for going are not the same as Tommy Robinson's. He paid us no heed at all until he thought there might be  an opportunity for drama. He's not coming here (if he comes at all) for the football. If you believe he is, that his primary interest is the beautiful game and our club itself, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe it's entirely coincidence that he just hasn't bothered referencing us before. 

5 minutes ago, redm said:

Yes, but presumably your interest in football is the main reason why you go along to begin with? I'm the same, I watch other teams, I like to visit other stadiums, that sort of thing. Our reasons for going are not the same as Tommy Robinson's. He paid us no heed at all until he thought there might be  an opportunity for drama. He's not coming here (if he comes at all) for the football. If you believe he is, that his primary interest is the beautiful game and our club itself, then we'll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe it's entirely coincidence that he just hasn't bothered referencing us before. 

It's absolutely not what I believe Red, I agree and have said it on more than one occasion, he'd be nowhere near the club before all this started. We've fed it. The club or authorities can't just start banning people for what they think though. Do we start banning no/yes voters? Brexiteers/remainers? 

I like to think I’m tolerant of other peoples views. I’ll argue my corner but try to find common ground. There is no common ground with fascists. They might be inconsequential, pathetic and risible, but we should never ignore them. 

Had to laugh about far-right political party UKIP having party members quitting over wee Thomas getting brought in to the fold. They resigned because they were uncomfortable about “racists” being part of the party...

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Tommy not in Bristol today for the conviction of a (white british)paedo gang who raped 3 month old babies?

Bet he was never at the court for his EDL pals court cases either.

Someone on my fb timeline has posted a video of the actor playing Robinson stirring things up saying that the refugee who was attacked in Huddersfield had been involved with a physical assault on a white girl. Claims he's seen "images" - almost everything he talks about is stretched to build around his narrative that muslims are bad and offers zero evidence to back things up. 

He's a charlatan, it's quite incredible that people just fall for the nonsense without him providing any proof. 

My seethe on Sunday will be at our nil points, zero goals and certain defeat, not a big bad man who stood and watched the game.

Are people actually trying to compare what's went on in Rotherham, Rochdale, Huddersfield, Bolton, Birmingham...the list goes on...with pedophile rings? Really?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, JyTees said:

I'm not sure why you think there'll be carnage. He could appear and nobody would even know he'd been until he'd gone.

Like I've said countless times now, it's the publicity he craves. There would have been absolutely zero reaction from TR until this story made headlines. It made headlines because folk were falling over themselves to be outraged on social media.

Let’s wait and see, hopefully you can call me a pant wetter after no bother and a handsome victory. 

Ignoring him and others like him isn’t an option, history shows us that.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s wait and see, hopefully you can call me a pant wetter after no bother and a handsome victory. 

Ignoring him and others like him isn’t an option, history shows us that.

I certainly share the hope of no bother and the minor miracle of a handsome victory would be very welcome indeed. 

I'd rather I didn't see any political activism from anyone anywhere near Tynecastle though. You're waving a red rag.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JyTees said:

I certainly share the hope of no bother and the minor miracle of a handsome victory would be very welcome indeed. 

I'd rather I didn't see any political activism from anyone anywhere near Tynecastle though. You're waving a red rag.

Did we start this? Did we wave red hands of Ulster flags, Union Jacks? Did we sing songs about Fenians, TR and Lee Rigby? Did we damage our new £1m pitch with flares?

The red rag has been waved in front of the majority of Hearts fans for too long and hopefully this is the beginning of the end for minority of cretins who drag our great clubs name through the dirt. As for political activism fair enough, but take away the armed forces recruiting outside Tynecastle too.

8 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Bet he was never at the court for his EDL pals court cases either.

Someone on my fb timeline has posted a video of the actor playing Robinson stirring things up saying that the refugee who was attacked in Huddersfield had been involved with a physical assault on a white girl. Claims he's seen "images" - almost everything he talks about is stretched to build around his narrative that muslims are bad and offers zero evidence to back things up. 

He's a charlatan, it's quite incredible that people just fall for the nonsense without him providing any proof. 

There appears to be many, many people lapping these claims up, criticising the “lefties” for  believing everything they read on social media.

It’s like raaaiiiiinnnnn... 

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, redm said:

Absolutely nobody is disputing this.

Even his 'supporters' know it.

He's using them and they're using him. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, farin said:

He was only ever interested in Muslim (brown skinned) grooming gangs, never the white skinned ones. Or as you’ve pointed out the peado’s in the Edl when he was in it. 

See, I think he loves the company of young, teenage boys. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did we start this? Did we wave red hands of Ulster flags, Union Jacks? Did we sing songs about Fenians, TR and Lee Rigby? Did we damage our new £1m pitch with flares?

The red rag has been waved in front of the majority of Hearts fans for too long and hopefully this is the beginning of the end for minority of cretins who drag our great clubs name through the dirt. As for political activism fair enough, but take away the armed forces recruiting outside Tynecastle too.

You seem to be loving this. I suppose it gives certain people a sense of purpose.

Just ignore and get on with your life mate.

Hearts are not a hot bed of right wing nationalists, fake news.

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You seem to be loving this. I suppose it gives certain people a sense of purpose.

Absolutely this??

The amount of ******s that inhibit not just the Hearts support but in general these days is seriously tiring. 

There was even a thread that asked if we were the worst support in the country on the terrace. There’s not enough :cornette:

for that pish :lol: 

8 minutes ago, farin said:

He’s many things tbh but I doubt a peado is one of them. He just hunted brown skinned ones & conveniently turned a blind eye to the white ones. 

He'd say he highlighted the Asian grooming/rape gangs when others wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, farin said:

The thing is rather than let the police & legal system do their jobs he simply saw a chance & used brown skinned grooming gangs as a motive to stir up racial hatred. 

But the police and authorities weren't doing anything in thousands of cases despite knowing exactly what was going for fear of being branded "Racist". 

I'm no supporter of Tommy Robinson for the record. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, farin said:

1000’s of cases ?. Think your over exaggerating it there tbh. Be interesting to know the breakdown of nationalities currently in prison for sex crimes though. 

It’s not about sex crimes per se. For around 5% of the population Asian grooming gangs account for over 85% of the crimes. 

Dig out Majid Nawaz for exposing the same crimes. He has brown skin. 

He hasn’t posed in a Herts tap yet though mores the pity. 

5 minutes ago, farin said:

1000’s of cases ?. Think your over exaggerating it there tbh. Be interesting to know the breakdown of nationalities currently in prison for sex crimes though. 

1400 estimated raped in Rotherham alone!!! How will it not be thousands??? I think yourunderestimating tbh. 

I'm sure it would be interesting to see the break down on numbers, would you want it just as plain numbers or a ratio of Asian to non Asian? 

Also I'd be interested in how many "white" child abusers got away with it for years because the police and authorities were in fear of being labeled a "Racist". 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

1400 estimated raped in Rotherham alone!!! How will it not be thousands??? I think yourunderestimating tbh. 

I'm sure it would be interesting to see the break down on numbers, would you want it just as plain numbers or a ratio of Asian to non Asian? 

Also I'd be interested in how many "white" child abusers got away with it for years because the police and authorities were in fear of being labeled a "Racist". 

One in five of the Asian male population reckoned to be involved in Rotherham. 

Absolutely extraordinary. 

But racist to point it out obviously. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

One in five of the Asian male population reckoned to be involved in Rotherham. 

Absolutely extraordinary. 

But racist to point it out obviously. 

Exactly. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

To tell you the truth it’s depressing and I can’t wait until Sunday is over, I’m glad you can just forget about. Here’s hoping there’s no problems on Sunday and Robinson’s new job with UKIP takes up his time, even though Farage is against it.

6 minutes ago, farin said:

A peado is a peado no matter what there skin colour is. 

It's a shame that Rotherham Council and Police didnt agree with you. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, farin said:

What is racist is to only highlight Muslim gangs but totally leave out any reference to white skinned peado’s & that’s what Lennon done. He wasn’t interested in that part of his crusade for it would have led him to the child rapists in his own Edl. A peado is a peado no matter what there skin colour is. 

Totally agree I’m not saying white paedos are good guys, a bit different though. The guys in the edl or anywhere else wouldn’t be covered up by politicians and police frightened to be called racist. 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

He'd say he highlighted the Asian grooming/rape gangs when others wouldn't. 

He would, but he'd be taking credit for other people's work. He didn't bring it to public attention, he just brought it to the attention of the sort of folk who don't bother reading anything or watching the news, have zero critical analysis skills, just want someone to hate, and believe whatever dross he feeds them. He knows his audience.

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Totally agree I’m not saying white paedos are good guys, a bit different though. The guys in the edl or anywhere else wouldn’t be covered up by politicians and police frightened to be called racist. 

And this is the crux of the argument. 

ToadKiller Dog

Interesting Laxely Lennon put a video up on the internet ranting about the Syrian kid that got beat up the other day. 

Here is what the midget prick falsely accused the boy of doing. 

Beating up a girl. 

Being part of a gang that beats up girls. 

Sexually assaulting girls. 

The mother of the said beat up girl who's image he was using asked him to stop using her daughters image and take the posts down as her daughter had been jumped by 3 girls and nothing to do with the Syrian lad. 

What did the little shit Laxely do he deleted her posts and carried on with his lies. 

Looks coked out his nut in the video

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

8 minutes ago, redm said:

He would, but he'd be taking credit for other people's work. He didn't bring it to public attention, he just brought it to the attention of the sort of folk who don't bother reading anything or watching the news, have zero critical analysis skills, just want someone to hate, and believe whatever dross he feeds them. He knows his audience.

Reminds of someone: can't quite put my finger on who though...   :silviodamn: 

:whistling:

13 minutes ago, redm said:

Aye OK. 

47 minutes ago, redm said:

No what he did do was tap into the failure of mainstream politics to address this.

Which given the treatment of the very few labour mps who spoke publicly was ignorance at best and leaving these children to suffer horror at worst to maintain their votes.

I'm not going to bother trying to qualify my argument by saying I don't share the views etc ecfekintc.

Because unless you had not noticed not one council mp or police social work took any interest.

That's why Robinson found an audience.

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Interesting Laxely Lennon put a video up on the internet ranting about the Syrian kid that got beat up the other day. 

Here is what the midget prick falsely accused the boy of doing. 

Beating up a girl. 

Being part of a gang that beats up girls. 

Sexually assaulting girls. 

The mother of the said beat up girl who's image he was using asked him to stop using her daughters image and take the posts down as her daughter had been jumped by 3 girls and nothing to do with the Syrian lad. 

What did the little shit Laxely do he deleted her posts and carried on with his lies. 

Looks coked out his nut in the video

The biggest disgrace about that whole thing is the amount of grown adults who had a pile on and hung a kid without knowing the slightest thing about any of it. If it’s bullying then it’s obviously unsavoury stuff and needs sorted but there is also a kid and now getting rape and death threats to his family. Adults getting involved in playground stuff basically it’s embarrasing. My big brother battered me worse than that plenty times but you’d have thought he was beaten half to death and now people are threatening to rape his mother and him. Over £100k raised on an online begging page too :facepalm:

Shameful stuff from brain cripples everywhere. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Covered up the likes of Saville tho, didn't they. Where was Tommy and Jake when that was happening. 

49 minutes ago, jake said:

No what he did do was tap into the failure of mainstream politics to address this.

Which given the treatment of the very few labour mps who spoke publicly was ignorance at best and leaving these children to suffer horror at worst to maintain their votes.

I'm not going to bother trying to qualify my argument by saying I don't share the views etc ecfekintc.

Because unless you had not noticed not one council mp or police social work took any interest.

That's why Robinson found an audience.

If by "tap in" you actually mean "exploit for his own ends" and "make money out of it" then we probably agree. He didn't expose this story though, he just hopped on the back of something he recognised as being a lucrative opportunity. He's not about principle, he's all about money.

It wasn't even just down to religion or even race either - a lot of it was down to prejudices based on social class and gender. These girls were ignored because they were young, poor and came from troubled backgrounds or families. They were seen as promiscuous teen troublemakers and fantasists.  All these men who follow TR blindly and rant about these grooming gangs....you never ever hear them talk about any of that stuff. It's all Islam this and Islam that. Forgive me for thinking that most of these people (like TR) have little genuine regard for the victims past, present or future. This is just a vehicle for their hate.

To narrow it down to the "Muslim men are bad" argument is so reductive and unfair in the extreme to victims. It also does nothing to address the issues or suggest ways in which systemic issues can improve. Things have undoubtedly improved since then. Many arrests have been made and people are being tried by the judicial system, as it should be. Robinson has done nothing of any value about any of it other than misrepresent the situation and harness the ire of the hard of thinking in his attempts to exploit the situation for his own ends, often against or contrary to the wishes of the actual victims. You know, the people who went through this and whose wishes should be paramount.

Robinson found an audience because it gave part time bigots some sort of full time cause to attach themselves to, and to have their bigotry validated or legitimised. 

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Covered up the likes of Saville tho, didn't they. Where was Tommy and Jake when that was happening. 

Who covered it up? The authorities? The police? Saville was an evil ghoul but he wasn’t singling out young muslim girls or any other group for that matter which is exactly what these grooming gangs do. 

Some people defo did know about him but I don’t think he wasn’t exposed for fear of being branded racist. Has there ever been a town where one in five of the white males were all taking shots of the young muslim girls? 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

The biggest disgrace about that whole thing is the amount of grown adults who had a pile on and hung a kid without knowing the slightest thing about any of it. If it’s bullying then it’s obviously unsavoury stuff and needs sorted but there is also a kid and now getting rape and death threats to his family. Adults getting involved in playground stuff basically it’s embarrasing. My big brother battered me worse than that plenty times but you’d have thought he was beaten half to death and now people are threatening to rape his mother and him. Over £100k raised on an online begging page too :facepalm:

Shameful stuff from brain cripples everywhere. 

You know this post must be the saddest of the lot. Lennon posts a series of lies to have a  go at a young asylum seeker and promote his racist agenda and you totally ignore that as it doesn't suit your agenda. Absolutely pathetic, just like your hero Lennon 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You know this post must be the saddest of the lot. Lennon posts a series of lies to have a  go at a young asylum seeker and promote his racist agenda and you totally ignore that as it doesn't suit your agenda. Absolutely pathetic, just like your hero Lennon 

What’s sad about adults piling on to a kid on social media got to with it? I’m not excusing the bullying, far from it but do we even know the full story? That was my point. I’m not agreeing with TR posts about what this kid has supposedly done to warrant it, not at all. The lad that has poured water on the young syrian and his family are now subject to serious threats of rape and violence after his identity and his families have been splashed all over social media, that’s just no on. He’s still a kid too. 

I’m not a fan of Robinson btw. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he can have a point now and again though. You might have a point I agree with sometimes, doesn’t make me a fan of you. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, farin said:

He’s many things tbh but I doubt a peado is one of them. He just hunted brown skinned ones & conveniently turned a blind eye to the white ones. 

I hope you're right. It's just an observation/hunch, and he seems to like the adoration of young-ish teenage boys. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Ffs Aussie.

I actually laughed out loud.

14 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I hope you're right. It's just an observation/hunch, and he seems to like the adoration of young-ish teenage boys. 

As stupid a post as you will get.

And as thick as fek.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
25 minutes ago, jake said:

As stupid a post as you will get.

And as thick as fek.

An element of truth, though. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, redm said:

If by "tap in" you actually mean "exploit for his own ends" and "make money out of it" then we probably agree. He didn't expose this story though, he just hopped on the back of something he recognised as being a lucrative opportunity. He's not about principle, he's all about money.

It wasn't even just down to religion or even race either - a lot of it was down to prejudices based on social class and gender. These girls were ignored because they were young, poor and came from troubled backgrounds or families. They were seen as promiscuous teen troublemakers and fantasists.  All these men who follow TR blindly and rant about these grooming gangs....you never ever hear them talk about any of that stuff. It's all Islam this and Islam that. Forgive me for thinking that most of these people (like TR) have little genuine regard for the victims past, present or future. This is just a vehicle for their hate.

To narrow it down to the "Muslim men are bad" argument is so reductive and unfair in the extreme to victims. It also does nothing to address the issues or suggest ways in which systemic issues can improve. Things have undoubtedly improved since then. Many arrests have been made and people are being tried by the judicial system, as it should be. Robinson has done nothing of any value about any of it other than misrepresent the situation and harness the ire of the hard of thinking in his attempts to exploit the situation for his own ends, often against or contrary to the wishes of the actual victims. You know, the people who went through this and whose wishes should be paramount.

Robinson found an audience because it gave part time bigots some sort of full time cause to attach themselves to, and to have their bigotry validated or legitimised. 

That's not entirely true though.

A large part of the appeal of these groups is precisely the sense that white working class people are ignored.

In turn that leads to the feeling that other groups are favoured.

Muslim grooming gangs, and never mind the non racist bollocks they are an issue, play into this very well.

• davemclaren locked this topic