Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Was thinking of ideas for the kids Christmas and really struggling for my son.  He's at an awkward age and it would probably be just PS4 games and clothes again this year.  He's not long had his room done up at his mum's and I remembered talking to my cousin's husband a while back about him watching the football on his projector.  I was a bit skeptical about the quality but he insisted the quality was very good.  That got me thinking about one for my son.  His disc drive on his PS4 has been broken for a while so he hasn't been able to play any games that haven't been downloaded or his Blu-Ray films.  So hopefully the thought of projecting it up to 100 inches or more appeals to him.  

I don't want to pay too much for it as I'll have other things such as games and his birthday present (the following day).  So maybe £50-60.  Anyone got any experience of a fairly cheap but decent quality projector and can recommend one?  

I looked into getting a projector to replace my TV a few years ago. You were struggling to get anything decent for less than a few £100. Bear in mind you also need to figure out cable management and the surface you are projecting onto.

Replacement bulbs can also be pricey.

Салатные палочки

Suppose it doesn't need to be HD.  I mean, you could play a blu-ray on it, even if the input is HD, the output quality isn't going to be as high anyway.  

29 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Suppose it doesn't need to be HD.  I mean, you could play a blu-ray on it, even if the input is HD, the output quality isn't going to be as high anyway.  

Even with an HD projector the final image isn't going to show as HD on the wall/screen. Each pixel is considerably bigger than those on a TV screen. This is how they achieve 100" projections. This causes the image it produces to be pretty fuzzy when looked at closely. I'm sure you will have seen this yourself in a pub watching football.

A non HD projector will make this effect even worse. There is also the matter of needing to find a suitable cable to go from PS4/Projector as a non HD Projector won't have an HDMI port.

Салатные палочки

Perhaps HD was a bit of a stretch. He has a TV in his room obviously but I thought he would probably like this. I have seen one for £70, which is compatible with PS4 and had HDMI input. The projection images don't loom too shabby in a darkened room. Obviously I'll need to buy an HDMI cable probably. 

20181114_135855.jpg.f9fc0c85cb589410a972dc7a995d992b.jpg373186204_Screenshot_20181114-140203_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.41b2f05954e2d126c8be7d1a2ce0133b.jpg

Салатные палочки
21 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

If it's £70 it will most likely be shight if you ask me

It's for a 12 year old to be fair. Don't see the point in spending any more, which is why I asked the question originally. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

On 14/11/2018 at 19:39, Salad Fingers said:

It's for a 12 year old to be fair. Don't see the point in spending any more, which is why I asked the question originally. 

No sure how good this is but seen it on Amazon black friday deals.

£48

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07GBVNQ6Q/ref=gbmg_mob_m-4_0439_0a41cac7?smid=A2FIEIS2D9Q8I3&dealid=0a41cac7&pf_rd_p=194219c5-be2d-4b77-b468-e8f1a6170439&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-4&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=ZTME4THJH2HGNHG9F5RZ

Салатные палочки
Салатные палочки
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Mi d youll probably need to think about sound as well. Cant see the projector speakers being very good at all.

Good point.  He usually plays with wireless headphones on.