Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no

Suspect we are initially getting the North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) with a capacity of 1,633. 

If we get extra sections in the West Stand (Craigielea Drive) we might get about another 1,000

I had been looking forward to this one but now that the Alamo is no more I am unsure.

been here before
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 trains 

60 miles or so 

1 hour-ish drive.

Edited by been here before

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Suspect we are initially getting the North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) with a capacity of 1,633. 

If we get extra sections in the West Stand (Craigielea Drive) we might get about another 1,000

I had been looking forward to this one but now that the Alamo is no more I am unsure.

Has The Alamo closed down? Pity. It was a great old pub and always did free pies before the game. Some characters in there.

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Has The Alamo closed down? Pity. It was a great old pub and always did free pies before the game. Some characters in there.

According to a hibs fan I know it was shut down when they went a few weeks ago, they had traveled through early to go there.

Was looking forward to being ushered into "Josef Fritzl's basement" - the back room for anyone who hasn't been there. I made the mistake of shoving my hand down the back of a seat and pulled out a weird assortment of items stuffed down there over the years. 

Shanks said no

Alamo Bar

9 Caledonia Street
Paisley
PA3 2JG

View on Map

Premises Status

This pub is permanently closed.

About the Pub

Updated on 22/02/2018 

See if I turn up in my workie gear, will it bother anycant?  Stripping a double roof at the weekend and don't want to miss the game.  5 minutes drive away from the feegiedome. 

Edited by ri Alban

48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

See if I turn up in my workie gear, will it bother anycant?  Stripping a double roof at the weekend and don't want to miss the game.  5 minutes drive away from the feegiedome. 

Working Gear? In Paisley? They'll have you stuffed and put on display somewhere.

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Working Gear? In Paisley? They'll have you stuffed and put on display somewhere.

Bravo!

6 hours ago, GYL said:

It's derelict now, has been closed for a few years....just use the Last Post outside Gilmour Street, it's like the wild west anyway....

Theres a bowling club about 15 minutes walk from the ground, always welcome in there.

13 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Like the detail 

Plenty good pubs in Paisley though. 10 minutes walk to centre. 

Meantime here is the prospectus for the Alamo 

http://bruceandco.co.uk/business-for-sale?ref=43945

been here before

Apparently I "don't have the correct privileges on your account to purchase tickets for this package".

Ive 133 LPs   :lol:

Anyone else getting the  "Unfortunately, this time you don't have the correct privileges on your account to purchase tickets for this package"  Message even though they have 72+ Lps? 

letsalldothebeattie

Mine worked fine thankfully. Don’t know why some are getting that message. Seems weird especially if over the LP threshold 

59 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Anyone else getting the  "Unfortunately, this time you don't have the correct privileges on your account to purchase tickets for this package"  Message even though they have 72+ Lps? 

Yeah i am too,95pts and can't buy,don't think i'll bother now.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Apparently I "don't have the correct privileges on your account to purchase tickets for this package".

Ive 133 LPs   :lol:

I had that for my laddies, both over 100 points. Ended up phoning, but lost N3 seats and ended up in N4.

Not ideal, not the end of the world.

been here before

I ended up phoning the TO and got mine. Apparently they've had 'quite a lot of that'. If thats the case Im not sure why they couldnt just put a message up on the website or twatter explaining theres a problem or even atopped the sale till the problem gets fixed.

Its one thing it ****ing up when its against St Mirren but imagine the carnage if that had been a big game with limited tickets.

This place would have gone into meltdown

letsalldothebeattie

I ended up phoning the TO and got mine. Apparently they've had 'quite a lot of that'. If thats the case Im not sure why they couldnt just put a message up on the website or twatter explaining theres a problem or even atopped the sale till the problem gets fixed.

Its one thing it ****ing up when its against St Mirren but imagine the carnage if that had been a big game with limited tickets.

This place would have gone into meltdown

Wait for this to happen for the new year(ish) derby at Easter Road. The chaos will be unreal

been here before
10 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Wait for this to happen for the new year(ish) derby at Easter Road. The chaos will be unreal

Aye. As I recall there was an issue with the Celtic SF tickets too. It wasnt possible to assign tickets to others rings a bell.

EastSideJambo
On 13/11/2018 at 20:27, been here before said:

1 hour-ish drive.

Not on 24/11. Got to get through 50,000 heading to Ibrox on the way there and then the same again on the way back. Will be a lot longer than  1 hour in both directions from/to Edinburgh

Edited by soonbe110

21 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Theres a bowling club about 15 minutes walk from the ground, always welcome in there.

A Rangers shop. All 5 of them. 

been here before

32 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

How many tickets do we get allocated at St Merren?

Away stand holds 1654.

Away stand holds 1654.

Having said that, if demand is high, they generally open up the other stands to us.

Remember the year we went down we took around 3,000 fans to our final game in the Premiership and outnumbered the Buddies about three to one. 

7 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Having said that, if demand is high, they generally open up the other stands to us.

Remember the year we went down we took around 3,000 fans to our final game in the Premiership and outnumbered the Buddies about three to one. 

Just under half would be more accurate. We had just about 3K in a crowd of 6,100.

18 minutes ago, Boab said:

Just under half would be more accurate. We had just about 3K in a crowd of 6,100.

Must be squeezing a few no show season ticket holders in on us. 

There's nae danger they had a better turnout than us. The two stands they occupied were half empty while the two we had were packed. 

20 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Must be squeezing a few no show season ticket holders in on us. 

There's nae danger they had a better turnout than us. The two stands they occupied were half empty while the two we had were packed. 

We only had one full stand, North, and a bit of the West. There was also Jambos in the Main.

We were a lot louder !

Maybe that's what's clouding your memory.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

We only had one full stand, North, and a bit of the West. There was also Jambos in the Main.

We were a lot louder !

Maybe that's what's clouding your memory.

I'll take your word for it. That was a long and painful season and I seldom remember what I had for dinner the previous night.

Hoping the LP threshold drops as im just under....Junior wants to come as well but as an under 12 he has only been to a few games so little points on his account

letsalldothebeattie

Ticket arrived this morning. Very swift from the club. Shame we still have international break to contend with first before we get back into it

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The last time i was in there met guys i had worked with , was a great catch up.

Which one, Hazza? Wellmeadow , Ferguslie, Incherman, Victoria or Caledonia. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Which one, Hazza? Wellmeadow , Ferguslie, Incherman, Victoria or Caledonia. 

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anchor, Abercorn? 

I, for one, am lost.  ?

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Stay away from the Tartan Rose and Craigielea bar

Bowling clubs in Paisley, bud. 

Cheers Mr A.  :thumbsup: 

47 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anchor, Abercorn? 

Was the caledonia mate, had to google map it , never realised there were so many bowling clubs.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Was the caledonia mate, had to google map it , never realised there were so many bowling clubs.

Poor auld Potter, kens every Bowling Club near stadiums in Scotland, barred from all the pubs :rofl:

10 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Poor auld Potter, kens every Bowling Club near stadiums in Scotland, barred from all the pubs :rofl:

:rofl:

17 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

less o the auld olly ha ha