Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

vegas-voss
5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Ive banged on about it before on here but now they are both over I'd say Black Sails was better than GoT. Consistently brilliant for 4 seasons and criminally under rated.

Gangland Undercover was one of my favourites as well and reached a conclusion.

Black Sails was great.I enjoyed the first series of Gangland Undercover 

rudi must stay
Posted (edited)

:D

youtu.be/_64tqylhhEc

Jon Baptiste's Game of Thrones on youtube

Edited by rudi must stay

Riddley Walker

The writing was absolutely shite for the last series and it was riddled with plot holes and bizarre character decisions. Thought the resolution for most of the characters was okay though and there were some amazing moments.

Found myself caring less and less as the season went on as things were just being tied up and thrown away so quickly.

I think series 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes each with 7 culminating in the battle of Winterfell, leaving the whole of series 8 for Dany's breakdown, Jaime's turn back to Cersei, a proper build up to Vary's death etc. 

Ah well. 

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

The writing was absolutely shite for the last series and it was riddled with plot holes and bizarre character decisions. Thought the resolution for most of the characters was okay though and there were some amazing moments.

Found myself caring less and less as the season went on as things were just being tied up and thrown away so quickly.

I think series 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes each with 7 culminating in the battle of Winterfell, leaving the whole of series 8 for Dany's breakdown, Jaime's turn back to Cersei, a proper build up to Vary's death etc. 

Ah well. 

Great summary. My thoughts too. 

Tazio
2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Ah well. 

Very true, for example how many people missed the storyline of Varys and his attempt to poison Dany and failing?

Captain Sausage
10 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Ive banged on about it before on here but now they are both over I'd say Black Sails was better than GoT. Consistently brilliant for 4 seasons and criminally under rated.

Gangland Undercover was one of my favourites as well and reached a conclusion.

3 seasons of Black Sails were absolutely outstanding. Probably the best TV I’ve ever watched. Thought the 4th season was very poor, not dissimilar to GOT. 

Riddley Walker
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very true, for example how many people missed the storyline of Varys and his attempt to poison Dany and failing?

Yeah, it was glossed over so quickly. Then within 2 minutes of Tyrion grassing him in he was executed, just like that. A really important character who had been there from the start and he was just pumped off in the blink of an eye with no dramatic tension. Varys' betrayal of Dany, and Tyrion betraying Varys should surely been built up and spread over a few episodes, at least.

And Jaime and Brienne... what the ****. They spent years and years building up this special relationship, eventually becoming romantic, then right after he bangs her he just runs back to Kings Landing with barely any explanation. :lol: So bizarre and rushed. I think the actual plot point of Jaime going back to Cersei works but the way it was done was very sloppy IMO.

Stewie Griffin

It was all to rushed, the hound and Arya travelling back down the kings road together could have made for an interesting story ... meeting up with hot pie again and so on but one moment they are in Winterfell the next kings landing. 

DarthVodka

It is very clear it lacked the detail people are looking for as they had no books to follow and this was the series problem.  If the books are one thing, its detailed

Hopefully there will be a new book released sometime soon as there are several different arcs in them.  

Alan_R
4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

3 seasons of Black Sails were absolutely outstanding. Probably the best TV I’ve ever watched. Thought the 4th season was very poor, not dissimilar to GOT. 

Oh really, think you are being pretty harsh there. It certainly didn't have the change in pace/style/quality that GoT did. thought it was consistently good right up til the very end had me hooked.

This from one of the media reviews pretty much sums it up for me. Had everything

"Blacks Sails thrilled us with epic battles on both land and sea during its final 10-episode run, while also drawing everything to an emotionally wrenching and satisfying close. It was a fitting endgame that saw all the major series characters land in rewarding places, even if some of them didn't make it out alive."

Cade

:verysmug:

Sooperstar

AndyNic
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Brilliant :lol:

Pans Jambo

Just remembered the white horse Arya was on in Ep5. Just omitted from Ep6 as if it didnt happen.

Sooperstar

There is a behind the scenes documentary available now. The Last Watch it's called. Looks worth a watch.

indianajones

Still think its the biggest flop in TV history.