Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

bajthejambo

I think there will be a curveball to some extent. A power or force that hasn't previously been revealed to the viewer/reader. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

35 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I think there will be a curveball to some extent. A power or force that hasn't previously been revealed to the viewer/reader. 

Army of hot fire women?

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

More hands-on involvement from the Lord of the Light?

I remember hearing a theory that Enron had a trumpet or something that could bring down dragons. Dany is going to be desperate to get to Cersei. 

Alex Kintner
47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I remember hearing a theory that Enron had a trumpet or something that could bring down dragons. Dany is going to be desperate to get to Cersei. 

Wasn’t there a trumpet in the books which could bring down the wall if blown?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Wasn’t there a trumpet in the books which could bring down the wall if blown?

Think Mance had it at one point but didn’t want to use it because he didn’t want to bring down the wall just be on the right side of it and keep it up to keep out the white walkers

Euron claims he has a dragon horn at the kingsmoot in the books but no mention of it in the show so doubt we’ll see it

Didn't Euron say he had the weapon/horn called Dragonbinder at the Kingsmoot when he took over and killed his brother. In the books the weapon controls the dragons. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

To keep up with the Winter is Here theme it's been snowing in Kalamazoo. It's almost May FFS :facepalm:

Anyway, in a bit of a better mood than I was an hour ago so looking forward to seeing a bunch of beloved characters die horribly tonight :thumbsup:

Placid Casual

Careful online today. The ******* Daily Express has major spoilers, in the headline would you believe. Pure click bait.

If they’re not inciting hatred against minorities, they’re ruining people’s enjoyment of one of television’s greatest shows.

Arseholes.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Careful online today. The ******* Daily Express has major spoilers, in the headline would you believe. Pure click bait.

If they’re not inciting hatred against minorities, they’re ruining people’s enjoyment of one of television’s greatest shows.

Arseholes.

Really annoys me when online papers do that. Daily Mail does it every week, instead of saying beware spoilers they often reveal said spoiler in the headline, or the pic they use is a massive spoiler (like a pic of an alive Jon back in s6 when Melisandre resurrected him) its particularly shitty that they do it when the show has aired in US yet most of their readership (in the UK) won’t watch it until Monday evening 

According to twitter the episode has leaked...

Edit: Maybe not - guy said he sat through intro for it to turn out to be episode 2 again. 

Edited by Toggie88

My mate pointed this out now I can't umsee/think this...

Arya knows the battle will be perilous and she want to get jiggy with it before it all goes down.

She first goes to the hound, wine in hand... But gets cock blocked by the old guy

It's only then she goes off and makes gendry her wench

Kalamazoo Jambo

Spoiler

Major characters who died (list may be incomplete):

Edd

Jorah

Lyanna Mormont (but went out in style)

Beric

Theon (somewhat redeemed)

Melisandre (old age)

Totally wiped out: Night King and his mob, including Viserion

Not that safe after all: The Crypt

Needs renovation: Winterfell

Totally badass: Arya

Kalamazoo Jambo

One bit of advice - watch this episode under the best viewing conditions possible (decent size screen, dimmed lighting) otherwise you probably won’t have a clue what’s going on.

Alex Kintner

SPOILERS

Amazing episode!

Was a bit confusing when the dragons were fighting though. Was the dragon killed at the end next to Jon the original dragon who turned (Viseryon) or was Rhaegon killed and then resurrected?

Looks like Dracarys survived having all those wights stabbing him which is a relief as there’s pretty much no army left to go fight Cersei!

Down in the crypt scene I said to my wife “dead Ned will be along in a minute!” only for her to (rightly) point out that wouldn’t be possible as he has no head! ?

Edited by To Be Frank

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Good episode. However, slightly disappointed that none of the true major characters died. Hard to please ?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

SPOILERS

Amazing episode!

Was a bit confusing when the dragons were fighting though. Was the dragon killed at the end next to Jon the original dragon who turned (Viseryon) or was Rhaegon killed and then resurrected?

Looks like Dracarys survived having all those wights stabbing him which is a relief as there’s pretty much no army left to go fight Cersei!

Down in the crypt scene I said to my wife “dead Ned will be along in a minute!” only for her to (rightly) point out that wouldn’t be possible as he has no head! ?

Rhaegal the dragon Jon was riding is seen in the preview for next week, as is Ghost although not sure how he survived. I also wasn't even sure if Drogon had survived when he came down next to Dany and Jorah, but he also appears in the trailer

Theres a bit of an anti climax feel. I think we all expected a massacre of lots of our favourites this week. In the end only Jorah and Theon can be said to be major deaths (and the NK). Lyanna, Dolorous Edd and Beric were cannon fodder.

I think a better way would have been to deal with the political Dany/Jon v Cersei stuff first then the battle north. The whole show has built up to the Great War and played down the importance of the iron throne. Yet now we have 3 episodes for the latter battle.

I wanted a bit more of story/motive for the NK other than just being a killing machine. Also, no explanation why he and his army were in hibernation for 1000 years.

Be interesting to see how Dany approaches things. She has effectively lost her Dothraki army and it seems a large amount of her unsullied (and also lost most of her Westerosi followers last season from Dorne, Reach and Iron Islands). So she doesn't have much of an army now (albeit the remaining Northerners and Vale seem to be loyal to her from the preview given her sacrifices), and she may have to rely more on her dragons. She has always stopped herself from being Queen of the Ashes but may have to utilise the dragons. That may lead to Jon turning on her and being once again a reluctant leader.

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Hide contents

Rhaegal the dragon Jon was riding is seen in the preview for next week, as is Ghost although not sure how he survived. I also wasn't even sure if Drogon had survived when he came down next to Dany and Jorah, but he also appears in the trailer

Theres a bit of an anti climax feel. I think we all expected a massacre of lots of our favourites this week. In the end only Jorah and Theon can be said to be major deaths (and the NK). Lyanna, Dolorous Edd and Beric were cannon fodder.

I think a better way would have been to deal with the political Dany/Jon v Cersei stuff first then the battle north. The whole show has built up to the Great War and played down the importance of the iron throne. Yet now we have 3 episodes for the latter battle.

I wanted a bit more of story/motive for the NK other than just being a killing machine. Also, no explanation why he and his army were in hibernation for 1000 years.

Be interesting to see how Dany approaches things. She has effectively lost her Dothraki army and it seems a large amount of her unsullied (and also lost most of her Westerosi followers last season from Dorne, Reach and Iron Islands). So she doesn't have much of an army now (albeit the remaining Northerners and Vale seem to be loyal to her from the preview given her sacrifices), and she may have to rely more on her dragons. She has always stopped herself from being Queen of the Ashes but may have to utilise the dragons. That may lead to Jon turning on her and being once again a reluctant leader.

I kind of disagree and I’m glad they’ve sorted out the Great War first. For me GoT has always been about the Iron Throne and the political and physical battles that surround it. 

With three feature length episodes to come I think there’s going to be a hell of a lot of twists in the tale. I can see the Yara and the Greyjoys coming back into it to support Team Dany/Jon and a major battle at sea between them and Euron’s fleet.

I have a feeling Qyborn may have something up his sleeve to deal with the dragons otherwise it’s going to be a bit of a one-sided battle which wouldn’t need three big episodes to resolve. I have a feeling Daario and the Second Sons will reappear too.

Other things to be resolved in last three episodes:

-Hound/Arya vs Mountain

-Bronn vs Jaime/Tyrion

-Jon vs Dany

Edited by To Be Frank

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I kind of disagree and I’m glad they’ve sorted out the Great War first. For me GoT has always been about the Iron Throne and the political and physical battles that surround it. 

With three feature length episodes to come I think there’s going to be a hell of a lot of twists in the tale. I can see the Yara and the Greyjoys coming back into it to support Team Dany/Jon and a major battle at sea between them and Euron’s fleet.

I have a feeling Qyborn may have something up his sleeve to deal with the dragons otherwise it’s going to be a bit of a one-sided battle which wouldn’t need three big episodes to resolve. I have a feeling Daario and the Second Sons will reappear too.

Other things to be resolved in last three episodes:

-Hound/Arya vs Mountain

-Bronn vs Jaime/Tyrion

-Jon vs Dany

Dear D&D and HBO

Please give us the CleganeBowl we all want

Regards

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

My only complaint was how dark it was i couldnt make out some scenes. I had a dark room, 1080p stream and still struggled to see some of the action. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Phil Dunphy

With Avengers on Thursday and GoT this morning, I’m emotionally exhausted. 

Thank **** I’ve got a week to process all this :laugh: 

alwaysthereinspirit
8 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

One bit of advice - watch this episode under the best viewing conditions possible (decent size screen, dimmed lighting) otherwise you probably won’t have a clue what’s going on.

Was hoping half way through the battle the sun would rise.

Holy shit!!!

Best bit of TV I have ever seen. 

Properly exhausting edge of seat shit!!!

Brilliant!

If Cersie comes knocking the north is doomed!

That was brilliant..... really gripping. 

Not quite as many main characters died as I thought but brilliant none the less. 

Alex Kintner
33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Holy shit!!!

Best bit of TV I have ever seen. 

Properly exhausting edge of seat shit!!!

Brilliant!

If Cersie comes knocking the north is doomed!

Not when the North has a dragon!

9 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Disappointed would be too strong a word but it was shockingly filmed.

Could tell slot of epic battling was going on but I spent first 30minutes squinting at a black screen and watching shadows.

Ruined my enjoyment messing about with my TV settings to know avail. Way it was shot was frustratingly dark.

Spot on there.

Tried to watch it this morning on a good sized screen and good TV but could hardly see what was going on in the battle scenes.

Oh well just need to watch it again tonight:mw_rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

No context spoilers 

16FB6DDC-F0B3-4E85-AAD9-510C7E0EE8C7.jpeg

Brilliant. 3 out of 4 I get. Nice work.

Jings. Luckily I was in my living room with the curtains shut and no lights on and I still struggled to see a lot of what was happening. 

And I wish the unsullied would occasionally break into something faster than a slow stroll. 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Also I found the music quite obtrusive for a few key moments. 

Thought the musical interlude was quite beautifully done. Very poignant.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

My only complaint was how dark it was i couldnt make out some scenes. I had a dark room, 1080p stream and still struggled to see some of the action. 

This.  Much as I enjoyed the show, I said to my wife at one point "We need a new TV."

23 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not when the North has a dragon!

Or is it two dragons?