Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Band Of Brothers really is a fantastic watch, episode in the forest in the snow the highlight. Now I’m typing this, it’s got me wanting to go back and watch it again. Wasn’t even sure about watching it when it first starts, because Ross Geller was in it?

That episode is the most terrifying bit of TV I can think of. Gripping.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

So many people claim that this is the greatest show of all time. I agree it is a great show but in this order..

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The wire, Mad Men, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and arguably...

Vikings, Dexter, Justified and Lost are all better shows. 

Spartacus mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire

:cornette:

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, superjack said:

It's sort of like your first ride, you build the excitement up up a bit too much, and then it's all over far too quick.

?

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Spartacus mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire

Aye Spartacus

AlimOzturk
51 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Spartacus is an amazing show.

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

The wire? Actors mumbled their way through the entire thing! Still no idea what they were on about! Most over rated thing ever!

Mon the thones!!!

hughesie27

Lost

Game of Thrones

The Wire

The OC

Breaking Bad

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

So many people claim that this is the greatest show of all time. I agree it is a great show but in this order..

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The wire, Mad Men, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and arguably...

Vikings, Dexter, Justified and Lost are all better shows. 

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire (and yes, Band of Brothers) are in a completely different league to all the other ones mentioned.

bajthejambo

If I could add a current show, then I'd suggest Billions. You can't take your eyes off of it.

On topic, I can't believe we only have three hours of Thrones left! 

6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've only seen The Sopranos on that list but it's the greatest show ever made. 

Well if you haven’t seen the others that’s a bold claim. 

Maple Leaf
9 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

You won't be disappointed.  While GoT has been excellent, it doesn't come close to Band of Brothers.

I agree. That's because Band of Brothers was real history with real people while GoT is fairy tales with invented characters.

Maple Leaf
8 hours ago, superjack said:

I thought the follow up, Pacific, was better than band of brothers. All about personal choice though.

I would have game of thrones as the best ever though.

The now-famous Rami Malek was outstanding in Pacific.

I've never watched GoT. So I decided I'd watch this last series with the Mrs, who's never missed it. I fell asleep after 5 minutes of both episodes I tried to watch.

Garbage!

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Spartacus is an amazing show.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it but it was just a random mash of fight scenes and sex scenes thrown together with very little storyline.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've never watched GoT. So I decided I'd watch this last series with the Mrs, who's never missed it. I fell asleep after 5 minutes of both episodes I tried to watch.

Garbage!

That’s hardly surprising if you haven’t watched the 7 seasons prior to it you won’t have a clue who anyone is or what’s going on

17 hours ago, Cade said:

The whole season feels rushed, half-ersed and as if the show makers don't care any more.

Just want to get to the end and find out who wins.

16 hours ago, Zico said:

The last two seasons have been pish - Eastenders with dragons. It’s night and day (or fire and ice) from the first four seasons. Not long to go now though so might as well stick with it.  

I think what's been noticeable is that since the TV has caught up with and passed the books, things have happened much more quickly.  I have doubts that GRRM will ever finish writing ASoIaF, but if he does, I imagine they'll cpontain all the detail that's missing from the TV.

superjack
6 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think what's been noticeable is that since the TV has caught up with and passed the books, things have happened much more quickly.  I have doubts that GRRM will ever finish writing ASoIaF, but if he does, I imagine they'll cpontain all the detail that's missing from the TV.

I actually think that winds of winter is ready for release, and the last book isn't far off, he's just waiting on the completion of the TV series.

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well if you haven’t seen the others that’s a bold claim. 

Started both Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy and stopped. 

Mr Brightside
10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Started both Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy and stopped. 

Mad Men is decent and worth sticking with, some good character arcs. SoA was just nonsense.

Say What Again

Good to see Deadwood getting a deserved mention.

Cock suckers!! 

Deadwood+Swearingen+by+HBO.jpg

Edited by Say What Again

Watched all of sons of Anarchy and agree that after season 3 it diminished in quality quite quickly. 

The Wire was incredible, brilliant, outstanding but I do know some people that struggled with the dialogue. 

Breaking Bad was equally brilliant 

Started Mad Men but couldn't get into it(I would have stuck with it but the wife couldn't) 

Lost is a bit like most (I exclude It and the stand) Stephen King books, it starts off amazing, interesting, magical, mystical, then completely loses its way because it doesn't know how to finish a story. 

Sooperstar

There has been an apparent leaked of the GoT ending. I don't know how real or fake it is but either way, gonnae not be a dick and just don't post the details in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sooperstar

I want to get round TO sopranos and deadwood but starting Line of Duty and halfway through season 2 of Ozark. 

For what it's worth I think Game of Thrones has been tremendous and its quite normal for it to reach breakneck speed towards the end the time for talking is done. Anyone who has endured the last few years of the walking dead would agree that "all out war" should mean just that and not ten episodes of inane chattering 

Just read the leaks, won’t post anything.

Skybet have removed all their markets, which I’m taking as confirmation that they are legit.

Raging that I read them ?.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Mad Men is decent and worth sticking with, some good character arcs. SoA was just nonsense.

I'll need to give it another try. It was the other half who really didn't take to it so we just stopped, I was sorta in the middle really. 

8 hours ago, Zaba said:

Just read the leaks, won’t post anything.

Skybet have removed all their markets, which I’m taking as confirmation that they are legit.

Raging that I read them ?.

Seriously? **** sake. Bet some ***** spoils it for me now. 

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

There has been an apparent leaked of the GoT ending. I don't know how real or fake it is but either way, gonnae not be a dick and just don't post the details in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Agreed. Spoilers should only be ok after the episode has aired on TV. 

45 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Agreed. Spoilers should only be ok after the episode has aired on TV. 

I dunno. I'd say for GoT, anything from 11pm on the Monday is fair. This whole having to dodgy the internet during the day on a Monday, because of the Sunday/Monday showing, is a bit of a pain. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

I dunno. I'd say for GoT, anything from 11pm on the Monday is fair. This whole having to dodgy the internet during the day on a Monday, because of the Sunday/Monday showing, is a bit of a pain. 

11pm on Monday is after it has aired on TV!

32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

11pm on Monday is after it has aired on TV!

It's first aired at 2am on the Monday.

Edited by Normthebarman

Sooperstar
7 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

It's first aired at 2am on the Monday.

If you come into the thread before watching it on the Monday then you deserve what you get in my books. I don't watch until Monday night, so I don't come into the thread during the day on Monday.

Dawnrazor

Question to the people who know about the ending.............. Does that wee ginger skelp get the girlie's oot? 

Governor Tarkin
On 08/05/2019 at 17:47, Cade said:

Nothing else even comes close to Band of Brothers.

This. 

22 hours ago, Say What Again said:

Cock suckers!! 

Film version this summer

On 08/05/2019 at 18:47, Cade said:

Nothing else even comes close to Band of Brothers.

Deadwood was feckin ace, though

Murder one was good 

23 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

That’s hardly surprising if you haven’t watched the 7 seasons prior to it you won’t have a clue who anyone is or what’s going on

It's nae box of delights.

10 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Question to the people who know about the ending.............. Does that wee ginger skelp get the girlie's oot? 

:lol:

hughesie27

What has Bran staying alive through all of this actually achieved?

From what I've seen he has offered nothing to any characters (his existence and journey resulting in his friends being killed) for the show his visions into the past is only helping the audience understand the wider story, but this doesn't impact any characters. Even Sam was able to work out who Jon really was.

His lines and screen time are basically pointless 

I hope he dies.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
56 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

From what I've seen he has offered nothing to any characters (his existence and journey resulting in his friends being killed) for the show his visions into the past is only helping the audience understand the wider story, but this doesn't impact any characters. Even Sam was able to work out who Jon really was.

I hope he dies.

To be fair, all Sam knew was that Rhaegar had his marriage annulled and re-wed Lyanna, there was nothing in the diaries about a baby. Only Ned, Howland Reed (who is never mentioned in the show) and the birthing nurses (and presumably the previous 3 eyed raven) know about the baby until Bran sees it through weirwood.net. Littlefinger also hints in the show there was more to the story about RT kidnapping and raping LS, but that was probably just fan service and laying the foundations for the later reveal

You could argue he was also important re the Night King because he told them the NK would come for him and he could be used as bait.

But yes other than that relatively useless, I mean he could have maybe told Dany and Jon about Euron's fleet etc instead of telling Tyrion about the history and lore of wheelchairs, but maybe its all part of the plan (to avoid Dany ending up on the throne and being Mad King II and/or because he isn't Bran Stark anymore he doesn't want to get involved in squabbles between houses; his main objective of assisting in seeing off the NK being achieved

The Gorgie
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I hope he dies.

He is a pretty unlikeable character, crack a smile every once in a while ya wee prick.

vegas-voss
On 09/05/2019 at 08:47, Say What Again said:

Cock suckers!! 

Deadwood was great but it was left unfinished.

Say What Again
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Deadwood was great but it was left unfinished.

Absolutely.

I think it was always planned for 4 seasons and they canned it after 3, meaning a hastily cobbled together ending was put in place.  Annoyingly just as groups were forming and sides were being taken for the finale.

Like above, hopefully the movie sorts that out. If anything, it gives me a reason to watch it all over again in advance.

vegas-voss
33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Deadwood movie out this year, end of month I think,  with the original cast. 

I suspect that will give closure.

Superb

Uncle Buck

Heard the last scene is Jon going beyond the wall to find a load of dead wildlings in the shape the Night King leaves behind. Not sure I’d like that ending.

Sooperstar
12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Heard the last scene is Jon going beyond the wall to find a load of dead wildlings in the shape the Night King leaves behind. Not sure I’d like that ending.

Thread ban please mods.

Uncle Buck
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Thread ban please mods.

Why? I’m just an idiot on the internet making things up for attention.

Maple Leaf
On 10/05/2019 at 07:07, TheStig said:

He is a pretty unlikeable character, crack a smile every once in a while ya wee prick.

He was a likeable wee rogue until he was defenestrated.  Since then he's been a bore.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

He was a likeable wee rogue until he was defenestrated.  Since then he's been a bore.

If I was the three eyed raven I would tell all my friends the results from the horses and lottery.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, superjack said:

If I was the three eyed raven I would tell all my friends the results from the horses and lottery.

Why? I thought he could only see the past.