Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Jambo-Jimbo

Well that felt more like the end of a season rather than the final ever episode of the whole series.

Guess when you have a cash cow which GoT obviously is,  Martin & HBO wouldn't want the whole thing to come to a complete end.

Cue spin-off's, prequels, films, there is a vast amount of possible story lines to work with, probably not for a few years though, apart from the one which is in filming now.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

hughesie27

Apparently Martin is working on 5 TV shows with HBO however he said not all of them are Westeros related.

vegas-voss
36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well that felt more like the end of a season rather than the final ever episode of the whole series.

Guess when you have a cash cow which GoT obviously is,  Martin & HBO wouldn't want the whole thing to come to a complete end.

Cue spin-off's, prequels, films, there is a vast amount of possible story lines to work with, probably not for a few years though, apart from the one which is in filming now.

Even the one in the works might not be for a couple of years according to the producers

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Even the one in the works might not be for a couple of years according to the producers

Yeh heard that as well, that it might be a full year or more after the filming has finished for the children of the forest or whatever they decide to call it before it comes to our screens, so that could be close on two years.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

vegas-voss
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh heard that as well, that it might be a full year or more after the filming has finished for the children of the forest or whatever they decide to call it before it comes to our screens, so that could be close on two years.

Read about it yesterday it actually sounding pretty good a lot more to it than just the children of the forest.More the rise of all the houses and Azor Ahai to be part of it they think as they reckon Naomi Watts is playing his wife 

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Read about it yesterday it actually sounding pretty good a lot more to it than just the children of the forest.More the rise of all the houses and Azor Ahai to be part of it they think as they reckon Naomi Watts is playing his wife 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48280752

Miranda Richardson as well.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

hughesie27
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Why didn't they just reveal to the houses that John was the true heir to the throne.

Greyworm likely didn't care for that anyway.

Also, Jon wasn't interested in being King.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

He wasn’t interested in anything if the acting performance was anything to go by. 

vegas-voss
43 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

He might have said that but you could see from the moment he was told who he was that he kind of fancied it it's just Dany was in the way.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Why didn't they just reveal to the houses that John was the true heir to the throne.

Yes, I was waiting on Tyrion coming out with that at the houses meeting, especially when he told Greyworm that it wasn't his (Greyworm's) decision what happened to Jon & Greyworm asked who's decision was it.

Les Izemore
On 20/05/2019 at 08:50, Shooter McGavin said:

Not going to lie, I’m buzzing that the last 3 episodes have all had terrible reviews, I don’t watch it and basically everybody at work has been telling me it’s the best thing to ever happen to this earth. 

I remember asking them what they would do if the ending is s****, “it’s too big to fail” was the reply. 

Just a poor mans breaking bad......

:pleasing::verysmug:

I almost agreed with you. Then I remembered I’ve never watched Breaking Bad either. Or the Sopranos. Or any other over-hyped shite TV Series.

I did love Happy Days though. ?

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

I almost agreed with you. Then I remembered I’ve never watched Breaking Bad either. Or the Sopranos. Or any other over-hyped shite TV Series.

I enjoyed Breaking Bad, but anybody telling you that a TV series is the best thing in the world ever is a moron who’s probably quite boring and thinks watching endless tv shows is a personality trait. 

vegas-voss

Trying to think of any great shows that do have a good ending.Can only really think of The Wire as it comes to a natural conclusion.

Kalamazoo Jambo
23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Trying to think of any great shows that do have a good ending.Can only really think of The Wire as it comes to a natural conclusion.

Six Feet Under and M*A*S*H come to mind.

Les Izemore
58 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I enjoyed Breaking Bad, but anybody telling you that a TV series is the best thing in the world ever is a moron who’s probably quite boring and thinks watching endless tv shows is a personality trait. 

Succinct and spot on. How can someone enjoy staring at some made up stuff rather than meeting and enjoying real life kinda baffles me. I know that makes me sound like a choob, and each to their own, but it’s not for me. 

I should also admit that the cinema bores me to tears as well. It must be over 35 something years since I went. I know, I’m boring as all hell. Gimme the company of friends and strangers any day. 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Les Izemore said:

The original “jumping of the shark” ??

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Six Feet Under and M*A*S*H come to mind.

Oh yea Six feet under had a terrific ending. I also think " The sopranos" did too.  Despite many who didnt.  I felt the ending of GOT was ok.  It did tie up many loose ends and paves the way for a film or three !  Im betting that the Mother of dragons will rise again....! She has before.  

indianajones
2 hours ago, Les Izemore said:

If you think breaking bad and especially the sopranos is over hyped thus making it not worthy of a watch I feel sorry for you! 

Give them a go. Honestly excellent stories. 

The Gorgie

Breaking bad was good but it annoyed the shite out me. Would leave every episode on a belter of a cliff hanger then the follow up episode just didn't live up to the hype. The Blacklist is up there for one of my best series.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Les Izemore said:

Succinct and spot on. How can someone enjoy staring at some made up stuff rather than meeting and enjoying real life kinda baffles me. I know that makes me sound like a choob, and each to their own, but it’s not for me. 

I should also admit that the cinema bores me to tears as well. It must be over 35 something years since I went. I know, I’m boring as all hell. Gimme the company of friends and strangers any day. 

Instead you are spending your time on an internet forum reading about a programme you have no interest in and judging others you have never watched. Aye, some life you've grabbed yourself there!

Les Izemore
45 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Instead you are spending your time on an internet forum reading about a programme you have no interest in and judging others you have never watched. Aye, some life you've grabbed yourself there!

It’s way worse than that. I spend a large portion of my life in the pub. 

TV and cinema do now’t for me so I fill my life with beer and talking shite. Much like GOT, but far less beer I believe. 

No need to take it personally though, I did say each to their own.

If you enjoy watching rubbish on a wide-screen TV with surround sound crack on. 

I genuinely cannot get get my head around how people obsess about it and try to predict plots etc.

Speak with a real human. 

?

Mr Brightside
28 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

It’s way worse than that. I spend a large portion of my life in the pub. 

TV and cinema do now’t for me so I fill my life with beer and talking shite. Much like GOT, but far less beer I believe. 

No need to take it personally though, I did say each to their own.

If you enjoy watching rubbish on a wide-screen TV with surround sound crack on. 

I genuinely cannot get get my head around how people obsess about it and try to predict plots etc.

Speak with a real human. 

?

Lots of people use tv and film as a subject to talk to real people. It gives a shared topic to chat about, much like watching football then talking about it.

TV & movies and talking to real people are not mutually exclusive.

Les Izemore
22 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Lots of people use tv and film as a subject to talk to real people. It gives a shared topic to chat about, much like watching football then talking about it.

TV & movies and talking to real people are not mutually exclusive.

That’s a very good point and well made. 

My lack of watching  disappointing fantasy drama is probably the main reason my chat is so poor. 

Box sets required. 

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Ive banged on about it before on here but now they are both over I'd say Black Sails was better than GoT. Consistently brilliant for 4 seasons and criminally under rated.

Gangland Undercover was one of my favourites as well and reached a conclusion.

vegas-voss
5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Ive banged on about it before on here but now they are both over I'd say Black Sails was better than GoT. Consistently brilliant for 4 seasons and criminally under rated.

Black Sails was great.I enjoyed the first series of Gangland Undercover 

Riddley Walker

The writing was absolutely shite for the last series and it was riddled with plot holes and bizarre character decisions. Thought the resolution for most of the characters was okay though and there were some amazing moments.

Found myself caring less and less as the season went on as things were just being tied up and thrown away so quickly.

I think series 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes each with 7 culminating in the battle of Winterfell, leaving the whole of series 8 for Dany's breakdown, Jaime's turn back to Cersei, a proper build up to Vary's death etc. 

Ah well. 

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

The writing was absolutely shite for the last series and it was riddled with plot holes and bizarre character decisions. Thought the resolution for most of the characters was okay though and there were some amazing moments.

Found myself caring less and less as the season went on as things were just being tied up and thrown away so quickly.

I think series 7 and 8 should have been 10 episodes each with 7 culminating in the battle of Winterfell, leaving the whole of series 8 for Dany's breakdown, Jaime's turn back to Cersei, a proper build up to Vary's death etc. 

Ah well. 

Great summary. My thoughts too. 

2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Ah well. 

Very true, for example how many people missed the storyline of Varys and his attempt to poison Dany and failing?

Captain Sausage
10 hours ago, Alan_R said:

3 seasons of Black Sails were absolutely outstanding. Probably the best TV I’ve ever watched. Thought the 4th season was very poor, not dissimilar to GOT. 

Riddley Walker
21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very true, for example how many people missed the storyline of Varys and his attempt to poison Dany and failing?

Yeah, it was glossed over so quickly. Then within 2 minutes of Tyrion grassing him in he was executed, just like that. A really important character who had been there from the start and he was just pumped off in the blink of an eye with no dramatic tension. Varys' betrayal of Dany, and Tyrion betraying Varys should surely been built up and spread over a few episodes, at least.

And Jaime and Brienne... what the ****. They spent years and years building up this special relationship, eventually becoming romantic, then right after he bangs her he just runs back to Kings Landing with barely any explanation. :lol: So bizarre and rushed. I think the actual plot point of Jaime going back to Cersei works but the way it was done was very sloppy IMO.

Stewie Griffin

It was all to rushed, the hound and Arya travelling back down the kings road together could have made for an interesting story ... meeting up with hot pie again and so on but one moment they are in Winterfell the next kings landing. 

DarthVodka

It is very clear it lacked the detail people are looking for as they had no books to follow and this was the series problem.  If the books are one thing, its detailed

Hopefully there will be a new book released sometime soon as there are several different arcs in them.  

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

3 seasons of Black Sails were absolutely outstanding. Probably the best TV I’ve ever watched. Thought the 4th season was very poor, not dissimilar to GOT. 

Oh really, think you are being pretty harsh there. It certainly didn't have the change in pace/style/quality that GoT did. thought it was consistently good right up til the very end had me hooked.

This from one of the media reviews pretty much sums it up for me. Had everything

"Blacks Sails thrilled us with epic battles on both land and sea during its final 10-episode run, while also drawing everything to an emotionally wrenching and satisfying close. It was a fitting endgame that saw all the major series characters land in rewarding places, even if some of them didn't make it out alive."

Pans Jambo

Just remembered the white horse Arya was on in Ep5. Just omitted from Ep6 as if it didnt happen.