Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

WHAT!!!???!!!???

Ah FFS!

Its not a documentary then???

Definitely not real otherwise it would have those little ‘what happened next’ bits at the end like Line of Duty does ??

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

AlimOzturk

It is shite if that is truly the end. 

I think we can safely say from the season finale that the story will continue and I reckon it will be movies rather than a new TV series (more money to be made) 

A new prequel about the Children of the forest ect will be made.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The Reach is unpopulated because of Jaime and the Lannister army attacking it in season 7 iirc. The episode where Orlenna dies. 

I’m a bit annoyed that Arya is off to find out what is west of Westeros. Great, dangle that question in the series finale. 

Yet more lazy writing from them, the Lannisters defeated the Tyrell

forces at Highgarden so that translates to there being no one, not even common folk, in the Reach, yet Northmen, Lannisters, Iron Born, Unsullied and Dothraki appear to survive any meaningful dilution of their numbers after battle 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, Cade said:

No mention of the fate of the Dothraki.

I know, surely could have been dealt with by one line at the dragon pit summit saying they’d got bored and sailed back to Essie to continue their plundering way of life 

indianajones
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Well, that was possibly the worse ending to a epic shop since Lost. 

Said previously in this thread... Bigger flop than lost in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, gjcc said:

The reach is populated but it’s an extensive and fertile region.

But there are now houses there without Lords. Highgarden was one of them, but I’m sure Bronn would be ever so slightly miffed. 

A potential home would be the ancestral home of house Tarly. Given Samwell is grandmaester I doubt he’s much interest in being a lord. That said the unsullied could easily set up their own home. 

Arya has previously said she wanted to do a Columbus, so it’s no surprise she did in the end. The ending seems purposefully  full of potential spin offs. 

That's what I thought with Arya.

Could well be a spin off.

Thought the ending was good apart from Grey Worm character accepting every decision made.

hughesie27

Was pretty annoyed when it was obvious Bran was getting it bit actually didn't mind in the end. Injust wish they had given him some actual lines before this episode.

Also, what happened to him not wanting to be called Bran? Seems happy enough with it now!

The Gorgie

Thought it was pretty poor tbh, however although the claim it to be the last ever episode they have left it open to be continued. Didn't understand sending jon back to the nights watch. There is no enemy beyond the wall anymore so the nights watch isn't needed, feck knows maybe i picked it up all wrong.

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Thought it was pretty poor tbh, however although the claim it to be the last ever episode they have left it open to be continued. Didn't understand sending jon back to the nights watch. There is no enemy beyond the wall anymore so the nights watch isn't needed, feck knows maybe i picked it up all wrong.

But there needs to be a place for broken men and *******s.

The Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

But there needs to be a place for broken men and *******s.

The local pub would have been suitable

On 11/05/2019 at 20:27, Uncle Buck said:

Heard the last scene is Jon going beyond the wall to find a load of dead wildlings in the shape the Night King leaves behind. Not sure I’d like that ending.

Cheers for the spoiler you absolute *****.

hughesie27
11 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Regardless he's went to live beyond the wall with the wildlings.

Like most great HBO shows, the last episode felt a bit crap and unsatisfying in some ways. But I’m unsure how else it could have ended. The more I think about it, the more fitting it feels. Overall, an absolutely amazing programme. 

I actually feel a wee bit sad, as it has felt like a constant part of what has been the most significant period of my life, ever since I saw the first trailer on HBO just after my now-wife had moved in with me in late-2010.

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

???

8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What, after all has been said and done, was the ****ing point in the whole R+L=J connotation? 

It literally made no impact on the story finale, it could have ended exactly the same way if he’d just been Ned Starks ******* son. 

Spoiler

Well it was 100% the reasoning for why J had to do that to D tbf

Edited by Alan_R

vegas-voss

So did Bran know all along he was going to be King ?

That was shit would rather have had Dany just kill them all than that.

31 minutes ago, benny said:

That's what I thought with Arya.

Could well be a spin off.

Thought the ending was good apart from Grey Worm character accepting every decision made.

Grey worm was one of the poorest characters. Badly cast as well.

Bronne was one of my favs throughout but they made an arse of him in season 8.

8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What, after all has been said and done, was the ****ing point in the whole R+L=J connotation? 

It literally made no impact on the story finale, it could have ended exactly the same way if he’d just been Ned Starks ******* son. 

Literally no impact? Pretty central to how things panned out, I’d argue. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Would have been improved if his wheelchair was made of iron. 

indianajones
6 minutes ago, superjack said:

Cheers for the spoiler. ?

Haha, I was talking about the entire season.... If only.

Such a waste. 

44 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Think he can only see the past least they made reference to that at least once. But at other times he seemed to be all seeing. Didn't mind the ending but his character seemed inconsistent

Uncle Buck
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

::troll::

jambos are go!
45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think so. He could see the future and it was hard to see the point of Him otherwise. Why did the Night King make him his top target?.

Thought there might be more twists and turns to be honest before the Dragon Queen bought it. If she did!!!

5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

I think so. He could see the future and it was hard to see the point of Him otherwise. Why did the Night King make him his top target?.

If he could see the past he'd know the origin of the Night King and his weaknesses, if any. As we saw.

hughesie27
32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If he could see the past he'd know the origin of the Night King and his weaknesses, if any. As we saw.

Bran did see the origin of the Night King though?

That was so ****ing shit. 

Shocking writers that absolutely butchered a series which should have been in the same bracket as the Sopranos, Breaking Bad etc. 

Hope their next shite is a hedgehog. Arseholes. 

(Spoilers)

So to sum up the regions and who controls them:

The North (as an independent kingdom) - House Stark, led by Sansa as queen.

IronIslands - House Greyjoy, led by Yara

Riverlands- House Tully, led by Edmure Tully.

The Vale - House Arryn, led by Robin Arryn and supported by House Royce.

Westerlands - Unknown, possibly Tyrion as last surviving Lanister. Guessing he inherits Casterly Rock.

The Crownlands - Brann as king

The Reach - Bronn.

The Stormlands - House Barathion, led by Gendry Barathion.

Dorne - Dornish Prince Dude

By my count this is 9 kingdoms, but the show constantly referred to 7. Am I right in saying that the Iron Islands and possibly The Crownlands aren't classed as kingdoms?

38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Bran did see the origin of the Night King though?

I know. I said that in the post. The King needed to quash the chance of the knowledge spreading. 

Just an idea. 

Uncle Buck
58 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Westerlands - Unknown, possibly Tyrion as last surviving Lanister. Guessing he inherits Casterly Rock.

The Reach - Bronn.

By my count this is 9 kingdoms, but the show constantly referred to 7. Am I right in saying that the Iron Islands and possibly The Crownlands aren't classed as kingdoms?

I think the kingdom of the Iron Islands was run by House Hoare before Aegon’s conquest. But it got split in to the Isles and the Rivers, which meant the Riverlands were eventually ruled by House Tully and I believe the Greyjoys came under that.

The Crownlands aren’t a kingdom.

scott herbertson

Bran has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he would be a good king

ne chance they'd choose him if they are a politically scheming bunch of lords and ladies, nae chance at all

Spoiler

Just thought are we expected to think Jon just said oh aye btw I stabbed the queen? the dragon just roasted a city couldn't he just have claimed it went a bit mental killing or swooping away with danerys

Also I don't no why I'm still using spoiler tabs as we seem to just be assuming all in this thread have now viewed?

vegas-voss
8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Think he can only see the past least they made reference to that at least once. But at other times he seemed to be all seeing. Didn't mind the ending but his character seemed inconsistent

Was just when he said why do you think I have travelled all this way.Was as if he knew he was going to be King.

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was just when he said why do you think I have travelled all this way.Was as if he knew he was going to be King.

As another poster said above no evidence he will make a good job of it, infact the opposite as he's got 1000s killed as well as those closest to him.

Then gets all smug telling Jon how he was in the right place all along... Except Jon died and lost who he loved most and finally ended up ostracised.

Aye cheers bran ya wee p****

Spoiler

What I will say though is I think if was meant to be a somewhat anti climatic ending. Not read the books bit I imagine GRR will do it more justice.

Despite "breaking the wheel" westeros has went full circle to what it was 1000 of years prior.

Parallels with bran the builder, all the houses and seats are occupied just with different folk , dragon fly's the skies in valayria, wild folk past the wall and the north is its own kingdom...

It was disappointing for many but more I think about it was quite typically GoT in the sense it's went full circle almost to say nothing really changes.

Ending

Edited by Alan_R

So how long will Bran sit on the throne? Pretty sure the previous 3 eyed raven lived for quite a while, a good few hundred at least.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 hours ago, Ritchez said:

The Reach - Bronn.

Yep 7 kingdoms but 9 administrative regions; iron islands came within riverlands... kings landing, Dragonstone and crown lands didn’t exist as a separate entity when there was 7 Kingdoms

hughesie27

Looked like Arya toona few Stark men with her on her travels. Surely the best chance of a spin-off show. 

58 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Looked like Arya toona few Stark men with her on her travels. Surely the best chance of a spin-off show. 

Possibly but far more likely we will see a spin off prequel series, either about Roberts rebellion or set years previously in a different part of westeros. Martin has churned out loads of 'westorosi history' for them to delve into if they want to.

hughesie27
Just now, Alan_R said:

Possibly but far more likely we will see a spin off prequel series, either about Roberts rebellion or set years previously in a different part of westeros. Martin has churned out loads of 'westorosi history' for them to delve into if they want to.

There is already a confirmed prequel that follows the Children of the Forrest 1000s of hears in the past. They started production a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I think it will be a movie, west of Westeros.