Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I found out by mistake what the ending is supposed to be. Hate spoilers. Raging at finding out.

I done this last season and, like you, I was raging. And also like you, I wasnt a #### who revealed spoilers to others.

This is the only game of thrones thing I've been reading as I can trust almost everyone on here to do the right thing.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, superjack said:

I done this last season and, like you, I was raging. And also like you, I wasnt a #### who revealed spoilers to others.

This is the only game of thrones thing I've been reading as I can trust almost everyone on here to do the right thing.

Unfortunately someone on this thread has already mentioned the ending. 

On 17/05/2019 at 11:22, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps Jon being of Targaryen blood might allow him to calm/control the dragon?

Just a guess but its obvious shes gonna bite the dust last episode and I would bet it will be Arya or Jon that will dispatch her.

Not so sure how the unsullied will feel about their queen getting slaughtered though.

Does Tyrian not have some sort of a bond with them too?  I'm trying to remember the circumstances when he freed them after Danny had entombed them for killing the wee boy.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Does Tyrian not have some sort of a bond with them too?  I'm trying to remember the circumstances when he freed them after Danny had entombed them for killing the wee boy.

Isn’t there a fan theory that Tyrion is actually a Targaeryan and Tywin wasn’t his dad?

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Unfortunately someone on this thread has already mentioned the ending. 

I seen that, and they should be shot and thrown of kickback.

37 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Isn’t there a fan theory that Tyrion is actually a Targaeryan and Tywin wasn’t his dad?

Other way around.

It's the twins that were possibly the offspring of the Mad King (being Targaryens explains the incest).

There's a passage in the books that explains that the Mad King "took liberties" during the bedding ceremony of Twyin and his wife.

And she spent a few months in King's Landing as a handmaiden to the queen.

Tywin hates Tyrion not only coz his wife died in childbirth but because he thinks that as his parentage is not in doubt, his deformity should have shown up in the twins as well, furthering his suspicions that the twins were not his.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Other way around.

It's the twins that were possibly the offspring of the Mad King (being Targaryens explains the incest).

There's a passage in the books that explains that the Mad King "took liberties" during the bedding ceremony of Twyin and his wife.

Tywin hates Tyrion not only coz his wife died in childbirth but because he thinks that as his parentage is not in doubt, his deformity should have shown up in the twins as well, furthering his suspicions that the twins were not his.

Cheers ??

21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Other way around.

wasn't it also the fact that tyrions mother died pointed to him being a targaryen as the mother always dies in child birth when it is a targaryen baby

Uncle Buck
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Listen, Bucko, if you've got something to say then just say it.

Prince Buaben

So where are we then. Assume that Cersei and Jamie are dead then no one now sits on the iron throne. 

4 people have shouts for this 

1) Jon Snow (Aegon Targaryen) - The rightful Targaryen heir

2)Daenerys Targaryen - Even though she has prepared all her life for this she is now 2nd in the Targaryen line 

3) Gendry Baratheon - The rightful heir of King Robert Baratheon

4) Tyrian Lannister - As Cersei had no kids he is her heir to the throne 

Imagine that Dany will sit on the throne initially but can’t see her being there at the end.

An an outsider would be either Sansa or Arya Stark. If Jon sits on the throne they would be his heirs as his cousins  

Uncle Buck
2 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

So where are we then. Assume that Cersei and Jamie are dead then no one now sits on the iron throne. 

4 people have shouts for this 

1) Jon Snow (Aegon Targaryen) - The rightful Targaryen heir

2)Daenerys Targaryen - Even though she has prepared all her life for this she is now 2nd in the Targaryen line 

3) Gendry Baratheon - The rightful heir of King Robert Baratheon

4) Tyrian Lannister - As Cersei had no kids he is her heir to the throne 

Imagine that Dany will sit on the throne initially but can’t see her being there at the end.

An an outsider would be either Sansa or Arya Stark. If Jon sits on the throne they would be his heirs as his cousins  

Could all end with a civilised vote.

Prince Buaben
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

True but would they want a peoples vote if they didnt like the result.

flecktimus
52 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hear that Game Of Thrones executives have been in touch with Gordon Brown to devise the closest thing to federalism for the seven kingdoms of Westeros.

Uncle Buck

I thought it was the best episode of the season. Rulers aren’t born anymore, they’re voted for. Glad Jon did the deed. The north got their independence, Jon back where he belongs as “king beyond the wall” and Arya off on an adventure. Delighted Tyrion ended up hand too.

Great ending to a great series.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

They tied up most characters/storylines (I think).

I actually thought it was ok but this season has been so rushed the damage was already done.

like Dany going mad, her getting offed was done way too quickly, it would have benefited from a couple more episodes of her being in rule and building to the point where Jon offs her.

I did like the Lords laughing at Sam’s suggestion of democracy, that would have been the cheesiest ending. Bran being king is a strange ending and it feels like this was just another way of being like “hey you thought Jon would be King but that would be too obvious..” although this is apparently what GRRM’s end game is, I just hope if he ever gets the books out the way we get to the end is more logical.

Makes you wonder wtf the point was in Jon being resurrected and the whole R+L=J storyline, in the end really led to nothing...

Grey Worm doesn’t answer for being a war criminal and sails off into the sunset to find more Naath ***** :lol:

but when you looks back it’s been an incredible TV show. It’s probably led the way in shifting the popularity back to TV over movies. It’s one of the few things on TV that nearly everyone you know watches  and has everyone talking every week, memes being generated etc.

The money and effort spent on episodes is phenomenal and it’s great what it’s done for the economy of Northern Ireland, Dubrovnik, Iceland etc. 

so overall thanks to D&D and HBO for bringing ASOIAF onto the screens 

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I thought it was the best episode of the season. Rulers aren’t born anymore, they’re voted for. Glad Jon did the deed. The north got their independence, Jon back where he belongs as “king beyond the wall” and Arya off on an adventure. Delighted Tyrion ended up hand too.

Great ending to a great series.

This. After some horrendous decisions they redeemed themselves with that episode.

Still not understanding Drogon’s actions though ??‍♂️

Mac_fae_Gillie

WAs that the last, seemed like a huge wrap up of stories but I thought next week was the last ever.

After poor season this was not too bad an ending.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
37 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This. After some horrendous decisions they redeemed themselves with that episode.

Still not understanding Drogon’s actions though ??‍♂️

Yep, weird no one commented on the fact that Dany’s Fire breathing child pet was cool with Jon stabbing her, and consciously deciding to symbolically melt the iron throne. We’ll probably get some D&D explanation on the inside the episode: “Drogon forget he was a dragon and decided to break the rules of monarchy and primogeniture..”  

Seems like his sparing Jon might have been something which might have come up at the summit. That or the fact he is a Targ .... 

Already a theory going around Drogon’s taken her to the red priestess in Mereen. :lol: more likely he’s taken her back to the ancestral home of Valyria for her to rest and him to live out his days burning and eating stuff

Shooter McGavin

Not going to lie, I’m buzzing that the last 3 episodes have all had terrible reviews, I don’t watch it and basically everybody at work has been telling me it’s the best thing to ever happen to this earth. 

I remember asking them what they would do if the ending is s****, “it’s too big to fail” was the reply. 

Just a poor mans breaking bad......

:pleasing::verysmug:

alwaysthereinspirit

+

Looks like the smartest person (thing) was the dragon.

"you know what, this f****** Iron Throne has caused nothing but grief. No f*****s having it"

31 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

+

"you know what, this f****** Iron Throne has caused nothing but grief. No f*****s having it"

Or it’s stupid and thinks the big pointy chair stabbed Danny. 

Phil Dunphy

What, after all has been said and done, was the ****ing point in the whole R+L=J connotation? 

It literally made no impact on the story finale, it could have ended exactly the same way if he’d just been Ned Starks ******* son. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

+

36 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Or it’s stupid and thinks the big pointy chair stabbed Danny. 

?? either way works tbf , just don’t tell him he’s stupid to his face

Alex Kintner
36 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What, after all has been said and done, was the ****ing point in the whole R+L=J connotation? 

It literally made no impact on the story finale, it could have ended exactly the same way if he’d just been Ned Starks ******* son. 

It had a huge impact on his feelings for her. It pretty much made him fall out of love for her which then fed into her change of heart and decision to burn the city.

On the bright side the spoiler that was posted a few pages ago ended up being bullshit. Just as well. I spent the last few minutes building up to a temper tantrum if it had been true. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

It had a huge impact on his feelings for her. It pretty much made him fall out of love for her which then fed into her change of heart and decision to burn the city.

I’ll need to go back and rewatch this season to see if I agree with that, in all honesty. 

Can’t say I’m massively happy at the ending. Posed more questions than it answered tbh. 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

On the bright side the spoiler that was posted a few pages ago ended up being bullshit. Just as well. I spent the last few minutes building up to a temper tantrum if it had been true. 

Me too! ? Was just waiting on Jon coming across it at the end.

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’ll need to go back and rewatch this season to see if I agree with that, in all honesty. 

Can’t say I’m massively happy at the ending. Posed more questions than it answered tbh. 

Yeah lots of questions:

-why didn’t Drogon kill Jon?

-why did he burn the throne?

-what stopped the Dothraki?seeking vengeance and where did they go?

-how the feck did Sam become a grandmaester so quickly?

-where did all the thousands of Unsullied suddenly appear from?

-where did Drogon take Dany’s body?

-why is the Reach unpopulated and available for the Unsullied?

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah lots of questions:

-why didn’t Drogon kill Jon?

-why did he burn the throne?

-what stopped the Dothraki?seeking vengeance and where did they go?

-how the feck did Sam become a grandmaester so quickly?

-where did all the thousands of Unsullied suddenly appear from?

-where did Drogon take Dany’s body?

-why is the Reach unpopulated and available for the Unsullied?

The Reach is unpopulated because of Jaime and the Lannister army attacking it in season 7 iirc. The episode where Orlenna dies. 

I’m a bit annoyed that Arya is off to find out what is west of Westeros. Great, dangle that question in the series finale. 

Not the best finale. All of the points above, plus what was the actual point of Arya in that episode? Treks all the way to the Palace with The Hound only for him to be like 'naw hen' at the last moment and she just saunters off contributing nowt. 

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The Reach is unpopulated because of Jaime and the Lannister army attacking it in season 7 iirc. The episode where Orlenna dies. 

I’m a bit annoyed that Arya is off to find out what is west of Westeros. Great, dangle that question in the series finale. 

The reach is populated but it’s an extensive and fertile region.

But there are now houses there without Lords. Highgarden was one of them, but I’m sure Bronn would be ever so slightly miffed. 

A potential home would be the ancestral home of house Tarly. Given Samwell is grandmaester I doubt he’s much interest in being a lord. That said the unsullied could easily set up their own home. 

Arya has previously said she wanted to do a Columbus, so it’s no surprise she did in the end. The ending seems purposefully  full of potential spin offs. 

So, when Bran dies or abdicates the throne, the remaining 6 nations of the union will all want "their man" on the throne.

If anything, the politics of Westeros will be even more backstabbing than they were before now that the throne changes hands after each monarch dies.

No mention of the fate of the Dothraki.

Pleased to say I have not seen an episode or even 30 seconds of this since the beginning.

I am curious though as to just how Charles is going to get Lizzie off the throne and how William can move him on quickly after that....don't worry about spoilers just let me know

Craig Gordons Gloves

Good episode, right up until just after Jon ended Dany, the rest of it was a bit saccharine.  Although hats off to the writers for reuiniting Jon with Ghost after everyone complaining about it in episode 5 :)

Pans Jambo
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't worry about it, mate.

It's just make believe.??

WHAT!!!???!!!???

Ah FFS!

Its not a documentary then???