Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

I'm ok with the main plot of Dany burning down Kings Landing. There's been many examples in past seasons where she has burnt down her enemies. The "visions" of a dragon's shadow flying over Kings Landing and the throne under a snowfall of ash all foreshadowed this as an ending. The transformation though has felt clumsy. I wonder if, when she stopped with Drogon and the bells sounded, what if they had a series of flashbacks, through all the violent deaths she has been involved in, allies she has lost, betrayals she has experienced right up to Missandei's "Dracarys",  maybe that would have been a way of illustraing her journey to this point in a truncated fashion? What bugs me more is the crappy side stories. Wouldn't it have been better, more shocking and unexpeced, for Euron to have been torched as Dany burnt the ships in Blackwater Bay instead of the ludicrous fight scene with Jamie? As much as fans have talked up Cleganebowl, how about the Keep collapses before The Hound can even get close, no redemption, no neat ending. Has Bronn added anything of use with his quest with a crossbow? For a show that used to be "clever" it hasn't half turned dumb

Forgot about Bronn. Hes only got 1 Lannister left & theres no way hes collecting his new castle, estate & title. Be cool if he tries in the last episode though. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

hughesie27

How are they going to manage to conclude all of this to a decent end in 1 episode?

Bronn

Brann

Iron Throne Winner

Sansa

Arya

All need a decent conclusion.

Can see a few deaths as an easy out.

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

How are they going to manage to conclude all of this to a decent end in 1 episode?

Bronn

Brann

Iron Throne Winner

Sansa

Arya

All need a decent conclusion.

Can see a few deaths as an easy out.

Does someone need to be sat on the throne for it to end? We’re all preoccupied with who will sit on it, that no-one seems to entertain the idea that no-one will. 

Say What Again
16 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Does someone need to be sat on the throne for it to end? We’re all preoccupied with who will sit on it, that no-one seems to entertain the idea that no-one will. 

Funnily enough, I saw the betting this morning, and nobody to be on the Iron Throne at the end is around 4th favourite.

Favourite listed below for anyone interested.

Spoiler

Brann Stark is strong favourite at around evs, followed by Sansa at 5/2

Jon/Arya/Nobody all around 6/1 to 8/1 mark

Edited by Say What Again

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

Funnily enough, I saw the betting this morning, and nobody to be on the Iron Throne at the end is around 4th favourite.

Favourite listed below for anyone interested.

Reveal hidden contents

Brann Stark is strong favourite at around evs, followed by Sansa at 5/2

Jon/Arya/Nobody all around 6/1 to 8/1 mark

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the North and South being governed as separate kingdoms when it ends. 

Sansa as Queen of the North (ending as the series started, with her wanting to be Queen) and Tyrion in the South, as the Lannister’s have the throne and, technically, he’s next in the line of succession.  

Shanks said no
7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the North and South being governed as separate kingdoms when it ends. 

Sansa as Queen of the North (ending as the series started, with her wanting to be Queen) and Tyrion in the South, as the Lannister’s have the throne and, technically, he’s next in the line of succession.  

Sansa North, Brann South and a pregnant Arya carrying the heir

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sansa North, Brann South and a pregnant Arya carrying the heir

Who they'll call Ned! 

Edited by AndyNic

Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, superjack said:

Maybe we’ll see gendry on the throne now he has a valid claim.

I thought that for a long time, otherwise what's the point in him being Baratheon's *******? But it would seem strange now.

Maple Leaf
On 14/05/2019 at 12:06, Tazio said:

Just saw a great tweet basically saying Good work for Lena Headey, $1,000,000 an episode to look out a window and drink wine. 

I'd be happy to look out a window and drink wine with her, and I would do it for free. :biggrin:

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I thought that for a long time, otherwise what's the point in him being Baratheon's *******? But it would seem strange now.

To convince Stanis he is the rightful heir.

4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20190516_171634.jpg

The incels are raging ???

Its a ****ing fantasy series. Its been great and this series is also enjoyable, so its been rushed? Well dry your eyes folks, these things happen. 

Folk need to get out more instead of pouring over every wee detail.  Heres a spolier - ITS NO ****ING REAL

And if you couldnt see that Daenerys was going to go mental about 4 series ago you need a slap. 

Edited by The Brow

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, superjack said:

Maybe we’ll see gendry on the throne now he has a valid claim.

Gendry and Arya, uniting the 2 houses? Unfortunately not how it supposedly ends

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk offfffffffff.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk offfffffffff.

I agree completely. Spoiler after the episodes please. 

In spoiler tabs. 

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Worthy a thread ban. No need whatsoever. 

40 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Worthy a thread ban. No need whatsoever. 

Not far enough, a total forum ban is called for here.

scott herbertson

Personally don’t see why Jon won’t end up on the Throne. varys’s litttle speech about his suitability would seem to presage that ending.

Mac_fae_Gillie

The excuse for a 2 year wait was the huge cost and time to make these battles for a TV market as it all seems so rushed now it clearly needed 1 more season which would have involved less dramatic scenes but more unveiling scenes to show the character changes of Danny and Jamie and move the story at a slower pace, Still can't get over no reaction scene from Jon telling his sisters who he is, holy hell how to miss one of the most important moments ever.

Massive failings this season almost as bad as Lost. Great programme ruined by not having to care if viewers continue watching in the future.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

The excuse for a 2 year wait was the huge cost and time to make these battles for a TV market as it all seems so rushed now it clearly needed 1 more season which would have involved less dramatic scenes but more unveiling scenes to show the character changes of Danny and Jamie and move the story at a slower pace, Still can't get over no reaction scene from Jon telling his sisters who he is, holy hell how to miss one of the most important moments ever.

Massive failings this season almost as bad as Lost. Great programme ruined by not having to care if viewers continue watching in the future.

I do think they were on a bit of hiding to nothing either way. Folk were moaning in previous seasons when there wasn't enough action and they were apparently spending too much time on characters but this season they are criticised for the opposite. It might not be the same folk tbf and they have backed themselves into a corner opting for 6 episodes and 1 season. Two seasons to wrap all the main characters stories up properly would have been perfect imo. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I do think they were on a bit of hiding to nothing either way. Folk were moaning in previous seasons when there wasn't enough action and they were apparently spending too much time on characters but this season they are criticised for the opposite. It might not be the same folk tbf and they have backed themselves into a corner opting for 6 episodes and 1 season. Two seasons to wrap all the main characters stories up properly would have been perfect imo. 

Agreed, it's all a bit rushed now to try and tie up all of the story lines they have been building for the last 7 seasons.

For me a huge disappointment was the Night King, for 7 seasons all we've heard about is 'Winter is coming' and the all but invincible night king and in the flash of a blade he's gone and the whole massive build up over 7 seasons just ended so flatly imo.

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Agreed, it's all a bit rushed now to try and tie up all of the story lines they have been building for the last 7 seasons.

For me a huge disappointment was the Night King, for 7 seasons all we've heard about is 'Winter is coming' and the all but invincible night king and in the flash of a blade he's gone and the whole massive build up over 7 seasons just ended so flatly imo.

Definitely, it was very underwhelming in the end. 

The Gorgie

At work and sitting thinking, when dany decided to go full BBQ mode kings landing looked in a pretty good state. Too much of a good state considering cersei blew half of it up with wildfire not so long ago, same goes for winterfell after the battle. The workies on site must have been on a job and finish contract.

Another thing that dawned on me, if someone were to get rid of Dany (sneaky Arya stabbing would be good) then you're stuck with a very large pissed off dragon that has already destroyed all the scorpions that seem to be the only way to get rid of them. Tricky.

Pans Jambo
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Another thing that dawned on me, if someone were to get rid of Dany (sneaky Arya stabbing would be good) then you're stuck with a very large pissed off dragon that has already destroyed all the scorpions that seem to be the only way to get rid of them. Tricky.

Perhaps Jon being of Targaryen blood might allow him to calm/control the dragon?

Just a guess but its obvious shes gonna bite the dust last episode and I would bet it will be Arya or Jon that will dispatch her.

Not so sure how the unsullied will feel about their queen getting slaughtered though.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps Jon being of Targaryen blood might allow him to calm/control the dragon?

Just a guess but its obvious shes gonna bite the dust last episode and I would bet it will be Arya or Jon that will dispatch her.

Not so sure how the unsullied will feel about their queen getting slaughtered though.

I think there is definitely a Jon v Greyworm battle on the horizon. That look they gave each other when Greyworm decided to spear the soldiers who had surrendered.

Mr Brightside
18 minutes ago, benny said:

I wonder what Tyrion request to Davos was.

To smuggle Jamie and Cersi out of Kings Landing.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

To smuggle Jamie and Cersi out of Kings Landing.

I thought it was just to smuggle Jamie in? Didn't think Davos would go as far as sneaking her out. 

Mr Brightside
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I thought it was just to smuggle Jamie in? Didn't think Davos would go as far as sneaking her out. 

If I remember rightly Tyrion asks Davos for a favour then goes to free Jamie and tells him about the boat. When Jamie meets Euron on the beach the small boat is already there.

Maybe the favour was just to smuggle the boat to that location?

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

If I remember rightly Tyrion asks Davos for a favour then goes to free Jamie and tells him about the boat. When Jamie meets Euron on the beach the small boat is already there.

Yes. I think davos smuggled Jamie out of winterfell so he could persuade Cersei to leave. 

The dinghy was left at the beach so Jamie and Cersei could travel to pentos together. 

6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How else would you kill the Night King? I'm much happier with Arya chibbing him, than some 5 minute sword fight with Jon or a dragon based dog fight with Dany. Arya came from nowhere and it was an unexpected way for him to die, which is kind of what GoT is famous for. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

He spoke to Jaime before Davos.

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

How else would you kill the Night King? I'm much happier with Arya chibbing him, than some 5 minute sword fight with Jon or a dragon based dog fight with Dany. Arya came from nowhere and it was an unexpected way for him to die, which is kind of what GoT is famous for. 

Aye somehow through all the white walkers standing in a circle around the night king. 

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye somehow through all the white walkers standing in a circle around the night king. 

Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and it was pointed out that when Jon had been stood looking at the tree earlier in the season she managed to sneak up on him without him noticing, prompting him to ask 'how did you sneak up on me'.

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Still nowhere near as bad as a bunch of mask wearing dudes cutting their way through the unsullied like they didn't exist. At least they'd already raised the point that Arya is deathly quiet and stealthy as ****. When those gold mask guys just stabbed their way through the unsullied, that was terrible. I genuinely have no issue with how the Night King was taken down. They could have spent a bit longer on Dany's breakdown in becoming a psycho, Jamie swithering over nailing Brienne or going back for Cersei, more on the dug and Tormund, hell, there's a few stories that seem rushed in wrapping it up. But the Night King was done fine for me. 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and it was pointed out that when Jon had been stood looking at the tree earlier in the season she managed to sneak up on him without him noticing, prompting him to ask 'how did you sneak up on me'.

I missed that. It's things like this that mean I'm going to watch the entire thing, from season 1 to the end again and then properly judge this final season. So many nuances and things you can miss. 

Sooperstar
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I missed that. It's things like this that mean I'm going to watch the entire thing, from season 1 to the end again and then properly judge this final season. So many nuances and things you can miss. 

Yeah it's all these little moments which appear completely inconsequential at the time but actually have a meaning or purpose further down the line. God knows how people pick up on them.

3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Fully agree

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I started watching it again from the start and just finished season 1 and your right, it’s amazing what I missed. Of course it helps that you know the characters but this is a series that has a huge replay factor.

like the Sopranos I can see me watching the whole thing at least 3 times

William H. Bonney
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

He spoke to Jaime before Davos.

Tyrion definitely spoke to Davos first. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Prove it.

Or, how about you watch it again and see for yourself. 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Or, how about you watch it again and see for yourself. 

Dont have to. I know what happened!

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Dont have to. I know what happened!

Cool. Then you’ll know Tyrion asked davos for a favour, before going to see Jamie in the tent. 

Riddley Walker

I found out by mistake what the ending is supposed to be. Hate spoilers. Raging at finding out.