Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Ties in perfectly, unfortunately.

? If the ending has been spoiled by the prick a couple of pages back I will not be a happy bunny ?

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye moaning gitz. Am lovin it!

cracking telly IMO. 

Me too. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

14 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Also, the scorpions. From deadly in one episode to useless the next :facepalm:

Epic episode but as well as the above I felt the dragon wasa bit overpowered suddenly. Went from managing to roast a few lannisters previously to the fire crumbling solid stone buildings in a single hit. Think drogon had been on the roids over night

Edited by Alan_R

kingantti1874
On 06/05/2019 at 22:26, kingantti1874 said:

The writing is so unbelievably obvious, she’s going like her dad, “the mad queen” and she’s gonna die.. I wonder who will have to do it. ? the real king who loves her maybe. 

This is series has absolutely ****ed the whole show.. 

Told you.. writing is utter shite, easily the worst **** up of a TV show in history ?

William H. Bonney

Tyrion will sit on the iron throne and Jon will **** off north to be with the wildlings. 

5 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Tyrion will sit on the iron throne and Jon will **** off north to be with the wildlings. 

My theory is that Tyrion and Sansa will strike a deal as an estranged couple to split the kingdoms and rule the north and south in isolation from each other and that will bring peace. 

Uncle Buck

Anyway, not mentioned that the best character died in episode 5.

Sandor Clegane - May he rest in peace. ?

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Presumably the iron throne is now destroyed?

Nah, they’ll have a big moment of it being dug out the rubble. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Told you.. writing is utter shite, easily the worst **** up of a TV show in history ?

Apparently you never saw Lost.

William H. Bonney
42 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My theory is that Tyrion and Sansa will strike a deal as an estranged couple to split the kingdoms and rule the north and south in isolation from each other and that will bring peace. 

I could see that. 

Carl Weathers

I really enjoyed last night. It was extremely blood thirsty and I couldn't take my eyes off it! 

It was a decent watch imo, now that I've accepted that everything's in fast forward mode and it's more about the spectacular than the storyline.

Varys, who always had a Plan B, got caught fairly easily.

Cersei, who always had a Plan B, was a rabbite in the headlights.

Arya, the cold hearted assassin, suddenly became a young girl again after one line from the Hound.

The Mad Targaryen gene suddenly has its way with Danerys and she sets about destroying an entire city that, presumably, she'll need to rebuild.  Careless

Edited by Haken

It was exciting TV, no doubt about that.  but....

Spoiler

Episode 4, Dragon taken out really easily, having been built up as invincible game changing weapon since season 1

Episode 5 - Dragon back to being invincible game changing weapon, turns out all you have to do is fly really high first

Episode 3 - Army of the Dead taken out in one Episode having been built up as the final be all or end all enemy since the very first episode

I think the show's problem is that there are so many complex interwoven stories and characters, that it would be have been almost impossible to end the characters story arc's in a satisfying way, hence the producers  have gone for a big bang approach. Still can't wait for next week's episode.

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, jim747 said:

She makes a no bad looking Morticia Addams...

3wkibkq76dm21.jpg

:wub:

Bollocks. I’ve just remembered Bronn is still wandering around somewhere with his pointless storyline. Unless the writers are going to make it a big thing for some reason. 

Bad Religion
56 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bollocks. I’ve just remembered Bronn is still wandering around somewhere with his pointless storyline. Unless the writers are going to make it a big thing for some reason. 

What was the point in the scene in episode 4 with Bronn, Tyrion and Jamie with Jamie and Cersei dead now?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

It was exciting TV, no doubt about that.  but....

Hide contents

Episode 4, Dragon taken out really easily, having been built up as invincible game changing weapon since season 1

Episode 5 - Dragon back to being invincible game changing weapon, turns out all you have to do is fly really high first

Episode 3 - Army of the Dead taken out in one Episode having been built up as the final be all or end all enemy since the very first episode

I think the show's problem is that there are so many complex interwoven stories and characters, that it would be have been almost impossible to end the characters story arc's in a satisfying way, hence the producers  have gone for a big bang approach. Still can't wait for next week's episode.

Not so sure, Brienne for instance - her arc was complete when knighted, no need for the love in with Jamie, she could have died and he could have died having convincing Cersei her to ring the bell and escape, or have escaped and rung the bell behind her back.  Tormund should also have died - don’t believe he just retired to the north with ghost.. lame. There had been so much lame

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

What was the point in the scene in episode 4 with Bronn, Tyrion and Jamie with Jamie and Cersei dead now?

Exactly - bronn is another’s one, great character ruined by poor writing

Bronn

Varys

The Golden Company

The Iron Fleet

Brienne of Tarth

Jaime Lannister

Direwolves

Bran Stark

Sansa Stark

Lord of Light

Seemingly, all irrelevant to the show writers.

tenor.gif?itemid=10594729

Edited by Cade

Just saw a great tweet basically saying Good work for Lena Headey, $1,000,000 an episode to look out a window and drink wine. 

20 hours ago, Bozi said:

That was great entertainment, I am going to go against the grain and say that all the build up, all the character development was designed for it to reach a speedy and bloody end, I think it's quite fitting 

Totally agree

hughesie27
59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just saw a great tweet basically saying Good work for Lena Headey, $1,000,000 an episode to look out a window and drink wine. 

Closer to about 400k but point still stands.

58 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Absurd. But.....that’s what you earn in a series like this where you can’t change actors and don’t tie them down. HBO will make much more and Headey is pivotal regardless.

its obscene though I agree. Think Martin at Hearts ??

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Absurd. But.....that’s what you earn in a series like this where you can’t change actors and don’t tie them down. HBO will make much more and Headey is pivotal regardless.

its obscene though I agree. Think Martin at Hearts ??

You should see how much we are paying our joint top earner Connor Sammon...

AlimOzturk

They have run out of source material and the person who truly knows the characters and their destination George R.R Martin hasn't finished the story. The show writers have tried to finish an increbly complex story by themselves and have failed. And for a show with the budget of GOT the lighting has been shocking this season which does not help. 

indianajones
19 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Apparently you never saw Lost.

This is worse imo. 

Game of thrones is bigger than lost ever was. 

Pans Jambo

Reading that Varys tried to poison Dani via the kid from the kitchen that he was talking to “She refuses to eat” was the dialogue. 

Makes sense now if that was the case but if it was, I completely missed it. 

Wasnt exactly clear. 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

They have run out of source material and the person who truly knows the characters and their destination George R.R Martin hasn't finished the story. The show writers have tried to finish an increbly complex story by themselves and have failed. And for a show with the budget of GOT the lighting has been shocking this season which does not help. 

Didn’t Martin write them a 120 page synopsis to follow?

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Reading that Varys tried to poison Dani via the kid from the kitchen that he was talking to “She refuses to eat” was the dialogue. 

Makes sense now if that was the case but if it was, I completely missed it. 

Wasnt exactly clear. 

Sounds like nothing other than a fan theory. Plausible though. Would even have justified his death and given it some more substance. Especially given what he attempted in season 1.

Edited by hughesie27

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Sounds like nothing other than a fan theory. Plausible though. Would even have justified his death and given it some more substance. Especially given what he attempted in season 1.

I thought they were trying to make it pretty clear that he had tried to poison her. 

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

Alex Kintner
39 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I thought they were trying to make it pretty clear that he had tried to poison her. 

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

Thought it was pretty clear as well ??‍♂️

Thought it was clear to. 

Possible that Varys didn’t succeed in giving her enough poison to kill, but enough to turn her mad. 

Edited by gjcc
Hit post by accident

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

Well now that I read that it does seem to be the case. Getting my eyes n lugs checked the morra ?

Captain Sausage

Just watched the latest episode. 

All feels far too rushed. How did Jamie survive being stabbed twice to then casually walk up a bunch of stairs and ‘rescue’ Cersei? Feels like the writers are taking the piss now. 

Dany’s actions also make little sense - why go after everyone in Kings Landing, it’s completely out of character. 

Another episode where I’m Very meh. At least it was daytime this time so I could tell what was happening. 

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Didn’t Martin write them a 120 page synopsis to follow?

He has worked closely with the writers so it’s not the departure some would think

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Just watched the latest episode. 

All feels far too rushed. How did Jamie survive being stabbed twice to then casually walk up a bunch of stairs and ‘rescue’ Cersei? Feels like the writers are taking the piss now. 

Dany’s actions also make little sense - why go after everyone in Kings Landing, it’s completely out of character. 

Another episode where I’m Very meh. At least it was daytime this time so I could tell what was happening. 

Danys plight has started a while ago. She’s lost absolutely  everything and went exactly the way of her dad

12 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Wouldn't say it's out of character at all, if you think of her freeing slaves etc as simply being just good PR while she acts like a radge then the only thing out of character is the lack of good PR while she keeps doing what she's always done, kill anyone she deems disloyal or her enemy.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Wouldn't say it's out of character at all, if you think of her freeing slaves etc as simply being just good PR while she acts like a radge then the only thing out of character is the lack of good PR while she keeps doing what she's always done, kill anyone she deems disloyal or her enemy.

She has never killed innocents before, only those who betrayed her or challenged her authority.

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

She has never killed innocents before, only those who betrayed her or challenged her authority.

Yes, but has she only not killed innocents before because since she's become the Mother of Dragons she's nearly always had someone to justifiably kill to satisfy her bloodlust? 

Plus as she becomes more and more the Mad Queen does she even see the people of Kings Landing as innocents or does she just see them as being loyal to Cersei?

I'm ok with the main plot of Dany burning down Kings Landing. There's been many examples in past seasons where she has burnt down her enemies. The "visions" of a dragon's shadow flying over Kings Landing and the throne under a snowfall of ash all foreshadowed this as an ending. The transformation though has felt clumsy. I wonder if, when she stopped with Drogon and the bells sounded, what if they had a series of flashbacks, through all the violent deaths she has been involved in, allies she has lost, betrayals she has experienced right up to Missandei's "Dracarys",  maybe that would have been a way of illustraing her journey to this point in a truncated fashion? What bugs me more is the crappy side stories. Wouldn't it have been better, more shocking and unexpeced, for Euron to have been torched as Dany burnt the ships in Blackwater Bay instead of the ludicrous fight scene with Jamie? As much as fans have talked up Cleganebowl, how about the Keep collapses before The Hound can even get close, no redemption, no neat ending. Has Bronn added anything of use with his quest with a crossbow? For a show that used to be "clever" it hasn't half turned dumb

38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Looking forward to any spin offs.

RR Martin has been shitting out prequels and world histories like nobody's business.

Easier than finishing the main story.

Der Kaiser

I've even more attracted to Daenerys after that episode.

Who isn't turned on by a wee bit angry crazy.....

:wow: