Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Why? I thought he could only see the past.

Good to know the form though, ain't it?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

On 09/05/2019 at 22:16, Dawnrazor said:

Question to the people who know about the ending.............. Does that wee ginger skelp get the girlie's oot? 

sophie2.jpg

Wow wow wow wow. 

Wow. 

Wow. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Wow

Real spoiler this time. 

Spoiler

Danny has certainly turned into Daddy’s girl. 

Expected it, but Kinnell!

Absolute beast of an episode. Crammed with non-stop gasps.

Arya calling the hound by his actual name.  ?

Qyburn :lol: 

Maple Leaf

Spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!

A pissed-off Dany and a pissed-off dragon demonstrate the value of air power.

Alex Kintner

That episode was pure ambivalence. Hated the choice they made in terms of Dany burning the city and slaughtering the people but loved the way it was all done.

Seems like a complete 180 in her personality in the space of a couple of episodes.

Also, the scorpions. From deadly in one episode to useless the next :facepalm:

Not enjoying this final series.

It's rushed, makes no sense and all the conclusions to the various plot threads established over 8 seasons are laughably bad.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's rushed, makes no sense and all the conclusions to the various plot threads established over 8 seasons are laughably bad.

:spoton:

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Does feel a bit like that. Seven major characters bit the dust in that episode (some of them literally) and their death scenes felt rushed.

Pans Jambo

Set up nicely for the mad queen to Feel the wrath of Arya. Be fitting for her to crown her brother. 

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Set up nicely for the mad queen to Feel the wrath of Arya. Be fitting for her to crown her brother. 

Yeah looks like Jon will end up on the iron throne. Wonder who Varys sent his ravens to.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah looks like Jon will end up on the iron throne. Wonder who Varys sent his ravens to.

Sansa

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

That episode was pure ambivalence. Hated the choice they made in terms of Dany burning the city and slaughtering the people but loved the way it was all done.

Seems like a complete 180 in her personality in the space of a couple of episodes.

Also, the scorpions. From deadly in one episode to useless the next :facepalm:

Spot on 

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Daenerys Stormborn. 

Wee boot. 

You still would.

Emilia Clarke has launched a charity aswell on the back of her two brain surgeries. ??

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You still would.

Emilia Clarke has launched a charity aswell on the back of her two brain surgeries. ??

Ah, to be fair, we’re all attracted to absolute psychopaths anyway. 

Good on her. 

Alex Kintner

Preview for next week...

Where on earth have all these Unsullied and Dothraki suddenly appeared from? Thought they were mostly slaughtered at Winterfell ??‍♂️

Qyburn :rofl:

Slightly disappointed at Cersei's end, but in a way quite apt that she was scrambling around in the crypts like a big feartie. Twitter appears to have lost it's shit over it though, so not all bad :D

34 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Qyburn :rofl:

Slightly disappointed at Cersei's end, but in a way quite apt that she was scrambling around in the crypts like a big feartie. Twitter appears to have lost it's shit over it though, so not all bad :D

I think the arc of Jamie and Cersi was good. Even the death apt to a degree ,the mountain though ? Qyburn ? Not seen anything on twitter. The scorpions annoyed me and the iron fleet after last week

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

The scorpions annoyed me and the iron fleet after last week

I think they were trying to get at she'd worked out they were all pointing up at around 45 degrees for an arial attack and all she had to do was avoid the first shot and then she could get too low for them.

Maple Leaf
25 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Daft parents who named their kids Daenerys or Khaleesi losing their shit now :pleasing: 

Any parents who stuck their kids with those ridiculous names lost their shit long ago.

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Any parents who stuck their kids with those ridiculous names lost their shit long ago.

Conversely I think Arya is a nice name if you’re going down the daft route of naming your kids after TV characters. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
25 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

agreed, sad cases. That's what makes it all the funnier

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
7 hours ago, Cade said:

Yep, completely D&D's decision, not HBO's, to compress these last 2 seasons.

they have built up Daenerys to lose it and go for the dracarys approach but the expectation is that if she went for the red keep and Cersei, anyone caught up would be regrettable collateral damage. She has a history of a brutal streak going all the way back (watching coldly as her brother's head is melted, putting Xohan and her former handmaid in a vault to starve to death, crucifying alive the Mereen masters, and burning the Tarlys alive for not bending the knee).But these were her enemies, not innocent smallfolk. Her going for the red keep and Cersei would have made sense even if those inside got caught up in it, they would be collateral damage and her justification would have been that she was saving the majority in taking the throne from Cersei.

BUT burning the entire city after it had surrendered, and all the innocent people in it? Its completely contrary to everything her character has done for 8 years, freeing slaves etc. Now just because Cersei has killed her mate, she's feeling a little sad Jon would put out anymore, and everyone doesn't just bow to her immediately because of her lineage, she just roasts alive women and children by the score and lays waste to the capital's infrastucture?

Its sad they are rushing the end to such a great show.

-Cleganebowl was good.

-Grey Worm is a bawbag

-Arya abandons one Queen killing mission  but now has another. She hasn't face swapped at all this season, could this be the chance? But she has a few big kills to her name and her doing in Dany as well might be a bit boring

-Jaime's arc of redemption was a complete waste of time.

-Lena Headey is a great actress and has been wasted this season. She actually made me feel sorry for Cersei in those final moments.

Phil Dunphy
13 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Yep, completely D&D's decision, not HBO's, to compress these last 2 seasons.

Hide contents

they have built up Daenerys to lose it and go for the dracarys approach but the expectation is that if she went for the red keep and Cersei, anyone caught up would be regrettable collateral damage. She has a history of a brutal streak going all the way back (watching coldly as her brother's head is melted, putting Xohan and her former handmaid in a vault to starve to death, crucifying alive the Mereen masters, and burning the Tarlys alive for not bending the knee).But these were her enemies, not innocent smallfolk. Her going for the red keep and Cersei would have made sense even if those inside got caught up in it, they would be collateral damage and her justification would have been that she was saving the majority in taking the throne from Cersei.

BUT burning the entire city after it had surrendered, and all the innocent people in it? Its completely contrary to everything her character has done for 8 years, freeing slaves etc. Now just because Cersei has killed her mate, she's feeling a little sad Jon would put out anymore, and everyone doesn't just bow to her immediately because of her lineage, she just roasts alive women and children by the score and lays waste to the capital's infrastucture?

Its sad they are rushing the end to such a great show.

-Cleganebowl was good.

-Grey Worm is a bawbag

-Arya abandons one Queen killing mission  but now has another. She hasn't face swapped at all this season, could this be the chance? But she has a few big kills to her name and her doing in Dany as well might be a bit boring

-Jaime's arc of redemption was a complete waste of time.

-Lena Headey is a great actress and has been wasted this season. She actually made me feel sorry for Cersei in those final moments.

For me, season 5 was a waste. Too much time spent on the Sons of The Harpy and Mormont coming back to Mereen when they could have edged her back to Dragonstone so much quicker. The whole pact with the Greyjoy’s, Sand Snakes and Lady Orlenna felt very rushed too. 

Spoiler

In terms of episode quality, this one was a belter. I’m only a bit miffed at the way Cersei and Jaime die. A bit anti-climatic. Qyborn though :laugh: And Clegane-bowl. Outstanding.

Phil Dunphy

SPOILER CONTAINED IN THIS POST

:laugh2:

B8E2FF6E-7676-442E-BE97-01A00563B80A.jpeg

indianajones

Literally butchered the entire TV series this season. 

It's been fairly meh since series 5ish tbh but this is horrendous. 

Rushed without a care. 

On 16/04/2019 at 08:59, Tazio said:

I've been thinking for a long time hat Dany is heading the way of her father and showing signs of becoming the Mad Queen. I reckon infighting between the allies is the direction we're heading in.

Not far off but not totally exact either. 

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's not as good as it was but folk saying it's completely rubbish :laugh:

Aye moaning gitz. Am lovin it!

cracking telly IMO. 

N Lincs Jambo
On 09/05/2019 at 22:16, Dawnrazor said:

Question to the people who know about the ending.............. Does that wee ginger skelp get the girlie's oot? 

I’ve been pishing myself laughing at that description of Sansa for at least 24 hours now! “Wee ginger skelp”, brilliant ??

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Not sure why so many buildings fell to pieces.

You’ve obviously never seen a dragon before. :sweeet:

That was great entertainment, I am going to go against the grain and say that all the build up, all the character development was designed for it to reach a speedy and bloody end, I think it's quite fitting 

Alex Kintner
On 09/05/2019 at 10:38, Zaba said:

Just read the leaks, won’t post anything.

Skybet have removed all their markets, which I’m taking as confirmation that they are legit.

Raging that I read them ?.

Without posting ANY details, does the alleged leaked ending tie in with what happened in episode 5 or has the leak been proven to be shite?

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Without posting ANY details, does the alleged leaked ending tie in with what happened in episode 5 or has the leak been proven to be shite?

Ties in perfectly, unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's not as good as it was but folk saying it's completely rubbish :laugh:

Tall poppy syndrome.