Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

I think folk are spot on about tyrion and Jamie surviving, the Hound has to as well. 

Controversially I reckon Dany will croack it, leaving John free to take the seven kingdoms. 

I reckon Arya will kill the Ice King

I wonder if there will be a left field surprise as lots in the crypt will die when lady stoneheart appears out of nowhere 

9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I think folk are spot on about tyrion and Jamie surviving, the Hound has to as well. 

Controversially I reckon Dany will croack it, leaving John free to take the seven kingdoms. 

I wonder if there will be a left field surprise as lots in the crypt will die when lady stoneheart appears out of nowhere 

Who is Lady Stoneheart?

9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I thought either Dany will die or she will after the battle kill John in case he makes a claim for the throne.

9 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

By the way i am the only person that felt a wee bit uncomfortable with Ayra sex scene.

Her character is 18 now. Daenerys was getting pumped from khal drogo at a far younger age.

10 minutes ago, superjack said:

Her character is 18 now. Daenerys was getting pumped from khal drogo at a far younger age.

I actually dont get why i felt a wee bit uncomfortable (not even sure uncomfortable is the what i mean) , i love her being a wee killing machine but somehow still see her as that wee lassie that i have followed all the way from Winterfell and back.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I thought either Dany will die or she will after the battle kill John in case he makes a claim for the throne.

I wonder if Dany will see a chance to kill two birds with one stone by using her dragon to burn the Night King and Jon when/if they're in battle together...and then Jon walks out of the flames, proving to all that he is a Targaryen?

40 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Anyone fancy setting up a sweepstake? ? 

GOT.jpg

Think it is very unlikely that anyone will become a white walker.... we have only seen babies and one man in the history of the show...

33 minutes ago, IMac said:

Think it is very unlikely that anyone will become a white walker.... we have only seen babies and one man in the history of the show...

And a dragon.... 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, IMac said:

We used that same sheet at work and of course I needed to explain to everyone the difference between white walkers and wights. I was met with a lot of blank stares :laugh:

Wonder what role that dead Dragon will now play in all this. I know they used it to break down the ice wall.

54 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wonder what role that dead Dragon will now play in all this. I know they used it to break down the ice wall.

A means of escape for the Night King

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

We used that same sheet at work and of course I needed to explain to everyone the difference between white walkers and wights. I was met with a lot of blank stares :laugh:

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Dragon isn't a White Walker.

I get what you mean, though I didn't create the sheet just shared it.

Mac_fae_Gillie

I'm a picky old bugger but if your going to be attacked by the Night King who can raise the dead is a crypt really a safe place to put people less able to fend for themselves?????

Would be nice to see zombie Sean Bean.

Little curious though why the Night King was not seen at the end of ep2 just the White Walkers.

Good plan would be bottle up Winterfell and move on, starve the place out been its the only place where defenders are prepared and armed with dragon glass.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think all three dragons will die, permanently, in the upcoming battle.  ? ? ?

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Chances that the Lannisters will turn up tonfight afterall?

I don’t think so. I reckon the night king will be defeated and those remaining will descend on kings landing for the final battle. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

I'm a picky old bugger but if your going to be attacked by the Night King who can raise the dead is a crypt really a safe place to put people less able to fend for themselves?????

Would be nice to see zombie Sean Bean.

There were about 5 different times in the episode where someone said that the crypt is the safest place to be. Going to be a bloodbath isn't it :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

And Danny will become borderline impotent.

The North will refuse to follow her without dragons.

Genuinely can't see Jon and Danny sitting on the iron throne at the end, no danger, GOT isn't fairytale shit

Although a part of me wonders if the Night King might actually win, thus no memory exists of they times and the only known recording of it all was a book wrote by Sam if he somehow escapes, the book called 'A song of fire and ice'

9 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

There were about 5 different times in the episode where someone said that the crypt is the safest place to be. Going to be a bloodbath isn't it :laugh:

Check out @edgewalker81’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/edgewalker81/status/1120323034076917760?s=09

Edited by hughesie27

rossaldinho
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Little curious though why the Night King was not seen at the end of ep2 just the White Walkers.

Good plan would be bottle up Winterfell and move on, starve the place out been its the only place where defenders are prepared and armed with dragon glass.

My guess is that the Night King can see what they're doing in Winterfell through Bran so the plan to draw him out on his own won't work so he's buggered off to King's Landing to wipe them out and head North to Winterfell. Jon etc will hold off the attack from the north to then get rogered from the south by the army of the dead. 

I reckon the Night King is some form of incarnation of the Mad King and he wants his throne back. 

21 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

My guess is that the Night King can see what they're doing in Winterfell through Bran so the plan to draw him out on his own won't work so he's buggered off to King's Landing to wipe them out and head North to Winterfell. Jon etc will hold off the attack from the north to then get rogered from the south by the army of the dead. 

I reckon the Night King is some form of incarnation of the Mad King and he wants his throne back. 

The Night King is the first White Walker the Children of the Forrest created in order to fight against "Man".

rossaldinho
26 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The Night King is the first White Walker the Children of the Forrest created in order to fight against "Man".

I read a theory last week that I annoyingly can't seem to find now that did tie the two together and it seemed plausible even though what you've said is true regarding his origins. It was to do with the Children of the Forest 'sigil' and the Targaryen one. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

strange how no one has mentioned unViserion since Bran told them the NK has him... even when they were mentioning what to do with the dragons during the battle, no mention of what if the NK and Viserion appear and "blue breath" our whole army and castle...

I suspect Daenerys doesn't want her dragons to enter the fray too soon. They could wipe out a whole swathe of wights but she knows she needs her remaining two for the upcoming battles and the experience of Drogon when Bronn shot him and Viserion getting ice speared by the NK means she knows they are vulnerable.

1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

strange how no one has mentioned unViserion since Bran told them the NK has him... even when they were mentioning what to do with the dragons during the battle, no mention of what if the NK and Viserion appear and "blue breath" our whole army and castle...

I suspect Daenerys doesn't want her dragons to enter the fray too soon. They could wipe out a whole swathe of wights but she knows she needs her remaining two for the upcoming battles and the experience of Drogon when Bronn shot him and Viserion getting ice speared by the NK means she knows they are vulnerable.

All of the white walkers on horses had ice spears outside Winterfell. 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, southcap said:

And Danny will become borderline impotent.

The North will refuse to follow her without dragons.

Genuinely can't see Jon and Danny sitting on the iron throne at the end, no danger, GOT isn't fairytale shit

Although a part of me wonders if the Night King might actually win, thus no memory exists of they times and the only known recording of it all was a book wrote by Sam if he somehow escapes, the book called 'A song of fire and ice'

She'll kill Jon before he can sit on the Iron Throne and she'll seize it for herself, she is the Mad Kings daughter afterall and we have already seen how power hungry Viserys Targaryen turned out to be, remember Dany wasn't that bothered by her brothers death, indeed she was quite pleased, and she certainly wasn't a happy bunny when Jon told her who he really is, she's used to being in charge, her whole life has been in pursuit of the Iron Throne and her belief that it was her birthright and I can't see her giving that up lightly.

Stewie Griffin
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

And she'll be annoyed to learn she's been shagging her nephew(that right...?) too.

Actually think it'll be her who gets the heave. Eaten by her dragon. What a way to go.

I reckon she’ll try to use one of the dragons to kill Jon but it will turn on her and kill her instead 

I was reading about the battle plan and the idea if someone dies, then everyone or most people they’re with will likely die too. Brienne is leading the left flank with Jaime, Pod and the Knights of the Vale. Jorah/Lyanna Mormont are leading the right flank with the northern armies that are loyal to the Starks. Then in the middle, led by Greyworm, are the unsullied and the Dothraki. I reckon they’ll get absolutely slaughtered bye bye Greyworm. Then up above is Davos who is in charge of the archers. Jon and Danaerys will probably be in the sky for most of the fight with Jon coming down to the ground, but he probably won’t go far from the castle. Theon and the Greyjoys are protecting Bran at the back of the castle where the Weirwood tree is located. Then anyone else like Arya, the Hound, Beric, Gendry will likely stay in the castle most of the time. Down in the crypts will be Sansa, Varys, Missandei, Gilly etc. I reckon Tyrion and Sam will start down there but come out later on. 

I think all 3 Dragons will fight in the sky and the Night King will eventually kill Danaerys and come close to killing Jon, but for Arya to step in with this new spear she has.

Edited by Uncle Buck

13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was reading about the battle plan and the idea if someone dies, then everyone or most people they’re with will likely die too. Brienne is leading the left flank with Jaime, Pod and the Knights of the Vale. Jorah/Lyanna Mormont are leading the right flank with the northern armies that are loyal to the Starks. Then in the middle, led by Greyworm, are the unsullied and the Dothraki. I reckon they’ll get absolutely slaughtered bye bye Greyworm. Then up above is Davos who is in charge of the archers. Jon and Danaerys will probably be in the sky for most of the fight with Jon coming down to the ground, but he probably won’t go far from the castle. Theon and the Greyjoys are protecting Bran at the back of the castle where the Weirwood tree is located. Then anyone else like Arya, the Hound, Beric, Gendry will likely stay in the castle most of the time. Down in the crypts will be Sansa, Varys, Missandei, Gilly etc. I reckon Tyrion and Sam will start down there but come out later on. 

I think all 3 Dragons will fight in the sky and the Night King will eventually kill Danaerys and come close to killing Jon, but for Arya to step in with this new spear she has.

Kill a White Walker and any of the wights they created die too.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

The one that was giving him the look, when  he was down her throat the last episode!

It 'kens the score.??

Aye, that's Rhaegal. Named after Jon's real Da Rhaegar. Definitely kens the score! 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
14 hours ago, Cigaro said:

All of the white walkers on horses had ice spears outside Winterfell. 

They usually do, Do they have the Night King’s javelin skills though ? 

Tynecastle Valhalla

So the night king might actually be the ex mad king ?

danny might try and kill Jon snow ?

jon snow might die again and be brought back to life ?

as the white walker can’t swim I reckon the iron born have a big role to play - rule the islands 

AlphonseCapone
20 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

as the white walker can’t swim I reckon the iron born have a big role to play - rule the islands 

Finally a good reason for Brexit #nowhitewalkerimmigrants

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Finally a good reason for Brexit #nowhitewalkerimmigrants

Knew you'd see sense sooner or later.    :whistling:

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

How can the Night King be the mad king if the Night King/first whitewalker was created 8000 years ago according Game Of Thrones wiki ?

Alex Kintner
On 23/04/2019 at 14:59, Maple Leaf said:

I reckon this is accurate. The battle for King’s Landing would be too easy if a dragon was involved so reckon they’ll all die in this fight first leaving a more balanced battle between those who survive and the Lannisters/Golden Company.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

How can the Night King be the mad king if the Night King/first whitewalker was created 8000 years ago according Game Of Thrones wiki ?

Think he’s getting mixed up. That theory has it was that the first ever Targaeryan king who became the Night King, not the Mad King himself.

37 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I reckon this is accurate. The battle for King’s Landing would be too easy if a dragon was involved so reckon they’ll all die in this fight first leaving a more balanced battle between those who survive and the Lannisters/Golden Company.

Yup, and without the dragons Dany becomes just another claimant to the throne, so loses much of her influence.  Especially if the Unsullied get massacred as well.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Targaeryans only been in Westeros a 1000years the 1st men built the Wall 8000years ago during the long winter so without time travel no Targaeryan is the Night King only possible alive at present is Bran with ref to his time travelling.