Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

Not necessarily. Gendry was just one of Robert's many *******s. The point was that all Robert's *******s had dark hair yet none of his kids with Cersei did. Gendry was just the one they focussed on. All of Robert's other known *******s were killed.

Yes and that's exactly the point I was making, the discovery of Gendry (and the realisation that none of Cersis kids were Roberts) is what started the whole game off, led to Ned being dead and the Northern uprising 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Brann’s importance this season. I think he is Azor Ahai 

Timmy.png

On 15/04/2019 at 08:06, Stuart McNeill said:

The closest you got was the shame scene but I'm sure it was a body double. 

Yeah amazing episode. Setting it up well! 

It must have been a body double.  Lena Headey's torso is extensively tattooed.

16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Timmy.png

Bit harsh is it not? But hey that’s the kickback way isn’t it, instead of having a discussion on something just ridicule other people, good job dude ??

All the talk has been of Jon vs the Night King and how Jon will be the one to kill him. But I’m pretty sure this weapon that Gendry is making Arya will be very important. You think Arya could be the one to kill the Night King?

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

All the talk has been of Jon vs the Night King and how Jon will be the one to kill him. But I’m pretty sure this weapon that Gendry is making Arya will be very important. You think Arya could be the one to kill the Night King?

Nah, Bran is going to Warg into the Night King's zombie dragon and bite his head off.

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Jambojay84 said:

Bit harsh is it not? But hey that’s the kickback way isn’t it, instead of having a discussion on something just ridicule other people, good job dude ??

It was a joke ffs. Comparing Bran to Timmy. But hey that's the kickback way, instead of assuming someone is having a wee laugh with you, just assume they are being an arsehole :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

100% a body double and her head was CGI'd in to the scenes. (some o the worst CGI I'v ever seen!) 

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It was a joke ffs. Comparing Bran to Timmy. But hey that's the kickback way, instead of assuming someone is having a wee laugh with you, just assume they are being an arsehole :thumbsup:

I’ll hold my hands up bud, I had a woosh moment about 5mins after replying, I’d just finished a 13hr shift and was not in a great mood. Again sorry mate I acted like a dick 

There was a bit in the last episode that danerys told Sam she killed his father and brother, then he goes off on one saying she executed them as prisoners. Am I missing something, but didn’t the dragon torch them on the battlefield ?

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Jambojay84 said:

I’ll hold my hands up bud, I had a woosh moment about 5mins after replying, I’d just finished a 13hr shift and was not in a great mood. Again sorry mate I acted like a dick 

No problem mate, these things happen. For what it's worth, I definitely think Bran will play an important role in everything to come. 

2 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

There was a bit in the last episode that danerys told Sam she killed his father and brother, then he goes off on one saying she executed them as prisoners. Am I missing something, but didn’t the dragon torch them on the battlefield ?

It was afterwards as she was asking them to follow her cause. When they refused they were burnt where they stood. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

It was afterwards as she was asking them to follow her cause. When they refused they were burnt where they stood. 

ah remember now! cheers

16 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

??????????????????????????????and?

2 hours ago, sadj said:

??????????????????????????????and?

I agree.  I could tell you more about the tattoos but I signed an NDA.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I agree.  I could tell you more about the tattoos but I signed an NDA.  :whistling:

?? Question is was there a body double in The Parole Officer?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
19 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

ah remember now! cheers

John Bradley did that scene exceptionally, one of the show’s better actors 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

So I think next weeks episode is the Battle of Winterfell. Tonight is only down as 58 mins so suspect will be similar to last week, bit of a catch up and scene setter, Jaime coming to WF, getting a dressing down in the great hall, telling everyone Cersei’s plans, will take up a good bit.

Episode probably end just as the dead approach WF, maybe with that shot from the preview of the dead horse’s legs hitting the ground

5 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

So I think next weeks episode is the Battle of Winterfell. Tonight is only down as 58 mins so suspect will be similar to last week, bit of a catch up and scene setter, Jaime coming to WF, getting a dressing down in the great hall, telling everyone Cersei’s plans, will take up a good bit.

Episode probably end just as the dead approach WF, maybe with that shot from the preview of the dead horse’s legs hitting the ground

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Pretty much nailed it. 

Edited by Toggie88

Spoilers.....

Pretty sure next weeks Ep is the longest of the series. Seems like the battle against the white walkers will likely result in a few deaths of some main players.

Jamie must survive as it would make Cersei sending Bronn to kill him pointless last week.

Also the Hound will be fine as they'll want him to come up against his brother later.

Arya will survive as her weapon is presumably of importance later?

Think we might see Brienne (sp) go after her full character arc basically came to be in ep 2. 

Theon could be at risk too protecting Bran.

Edited by hughesie27

Or everybody in Winterfell dies next week then the last three episodes are just Cersei going full-on "Hitler in the bunker" mode and the Night King marching south with an army numbering in the millions.

:jjyay:

slashishere

I think we’ll see around 8-10 ‘main’ characters die next week along with (just about) everyone in the Crypt (at the hand of some resurrected ones!) 

The battle next week is said to be the largest fight ever filmed for TV/Cinema and took them 55 days to complete 

On 18/04/2019 at 10:54, Alan_R said:

Doesn't this just reinforce the theory?

Ned/Robert/some other(cersei herself?) Know he won't be accepted so send true Aire off to fleabottom and announce it as still born.

Think Arya and gendry could be key players . Would go along with grrm idea of poor backgrounds and untypical hero types.

Maisie williams is 22yo now so would take away any on screen creepiness

Spoiler

There are lots of theories surrounding 'the faceless men' why else would they cover that other than to teach arya to fight.

Is it possible Arya is not as it seems?

Lots of pointers that shes changed: Backing Sansa so vocally, getting details with the Hound wrong, acting so differently with Gendry

Is this just Arya coming of age in the final season or is all not as it seems?

Would all be a bit too obvious if GRRM but its the directors at the helm now so can't rule it out.

indianajones

Think Mellisandre is going to enter midway through battle like Gandalf in the two towers and promptly tear walkers apart with some sort of fire spell. 

She's been awfully quiet. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Ftfy.

:scenes:

:ruiner:

Lol I’d forgotten about her. She Must of spent more time naked than the hookers on the show aswell

Stewie Griffin
36 minutes ago, Alan_R said:
  Hide contents

There are lots of theories surrounding 'the faceless men' why else would they cover that other than to teach arya to fight.

Is it possible Arya is not as it seems?

Lots of pointers that shes changed: Backing Sansa so vocally, getting details with the Hound wrong, acting so differently with Gendry

Is this just Arya coming of age in the final season or is all not as it seems?

Would all be a bit too obvious if GRRM but its the directors at the helm now so can't rule it out.

Is it possible that Arya might have been killed in her encounter with the waif ? We never actually saw her die and since then despite not completing her training Arya seems to be a bit of a bad ass when it comes to using the ways of the faceless men . So is Arya in fact the waif. ?  

6 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Is it possible that Arya might have been killed in her encounter with the waif ? We never actually saw her die and since then despite not completing her training Arya seems to be a bit of a bad ass when it comes to using the ways of the faceless men . So is Arya in fact the waif. ?  

Up until this season I wouldn't have said so but first couple of episodes have made me think its a possibility.

Either that or TV directors leading the story now means everything is a bit more straight forward and obvious. So they are merely tee-ing Arya up for a heroic finale.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Shall we not get a GoT Death Sweepstake going...?

Die:

Brienne

Sam

Theon

Davos

Ghost

Rhaegal

Grey Worm

Tormund

Gendry

Edit: The Crypt is out of bounds. Think they'll all get it in there personally. Characters above ground only...

Will there be a Brienne/Tormund sex scene before they croak it

28 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Will there be a Brienne/Tormund sex scene before they croak it

No time for that now.  But I think that they'll die in battle together.

Tormunds story about killing a Giant at 10 years old then suckling the Giants wife's tits because she mistakes him for a baby 

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Up until this season I wouldn't have said so but first couple of episodes have made me think its a possibility.

Either that or TV directors leading the story now means everything is a bit more straight forward and obvious. So they are merely tee-ing Arya up for a heroic finale.

HBO and Martin planned the final series together. The main plot points will be consistent with the books going off in minor tangents.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Shall we not get a GoT Death Sweepstake going...?

Die:

Brienne

Sam

Theon

Davos

Ghost

Rhaegal

Grey Worm

Tormund

Gendry

Edit: The Crypt is out of bounds. Think they'll all get it in there personally. Characters above ground only...

I’m pretty sure Theon, Brienne and Jorah will die next week. I actually thought everyone in that room drinking wine together will die, but as previously said Jaime and Tyrion dying would defeat Bron’s purpose. I can’t see Sam getting killed. I reckon the theory about him writing the story, A Song of Ice and Fire, years later is true. Greyworm talking about his future with Missandei clearly means that won’t be happening. He’s actually rumoured to become a White Walker.

As long as Jon, Davos, the Hound, Tormund, Arya and Sansa are safe. Is this too much to ask for? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

We saw the Waif's bloodstained face mounted inside the temple after Arya killed her.

Nice theory though. 

latest?cb=20160614040934

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tormunds story about killing a Giant at 10 years old then suckling the Giants wife's tits because she mistakes him for a baby 

Spoiler

He never ****ed a bear, either

Riddley Walker
8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

For 3 months ???

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’m pretty sure Theon, Brienne and Jorah will die next week. I actually thought everyone in that room drinking wine together will die, but as previously said Jaime and Tyrion dying would defeat Bron’s purpose. I can’t see Sam getting killed. I reckon the theory about him writing the story, A Song of Ice and Fire, years later is true. Greyworm talking about his future with Missandei clearly means that won’t be happening. He’s actually rumoured to become a White Walker.

As long as Jon, Davos, the Hound, Tormund, Arya and Sansa are safe. Is this too much to ask for? :lol: 

The Grissandei love story has taken up way too much screen time over the last 4/5. Slight pay off with THAT scene last year, otherwise a constant waste of invaluable screen time with dozens of important storylines and character arcs to get through