Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

4 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

The closest you got was the shame scene but I'm sure it was a body double. 

Yeah amazing episode. Setting it up well! 

Just watch The Parole Officer.....

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve_Jersey_HMFC

• hughesie27

• Alan_R

• Tazio

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

WHERE ARE MY ELEPHANTS!?

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

What do dragons eat?

Whatever they want.

Two of the best lines in the history of the show

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

anyone give me a recap. re jamie lannister

Hide contents

where was JL end of season 7, what brought him north?

Fell out wi Cersi (she lied to Tyrien , Khaleesi etc and said shed send her army north) saying we all need to fight , she said naaaaaaa we dont we will pick off whats left. He said hmmmpffff im not ****ing u again **** you bye n rode north to help

3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

anyone give me a recap. re jamie lannister

Reveal hidden contents

where was JL end of season 7, what brought him north?

Remember the meeting at King’s Landing and Tyrion made a deal with Cersei, after finding out she was pregnant? Cersei lied, Jaime believed it. Then he said **** you and decided to do the right thing.

Thought it was a good set up episode. Some cool moments we’ve been waiting for - like Jon riding a dragon. Loved all the reunions too.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Remember the meeting at King’s Landing and Tyrion made a deal with Cersei, after finding out she was pregnant? Cersei lied, Jaime believed it. Then he said **** you and decided to do the right thing.

Thought it was a good set up episode. Some cool moments we’ve been waiting for - like Jon riding a dragon. Loved all the reunions too.

Decent enough episode but I thought the CGI with the Dragon riding was garbage.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Decent enough episode but I thought the CGI with the Dragon riding was garbage.

It really was terrible. Considering the budget for the show it should have looked amazing.

28 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

It really was terrible. Considering the budget for the show it should have looked amazing.

Was like green screen from about 15 years ago

Next week's looks a belter going by that teaser trailer

Any theories on gendrys storyline? Surely they wouldn't have spent so much time on him if he wasn't somehow important.

indianajones

Think Jamie will be up for the chop up until bran steps (wheels) in and explains that it was his fault the mad King went mad and that Jamie did the correct thing. 

This will cause more friction between the starks and dany. 

37 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was like green screen from about 15 years ago

Can only hope that it was rushed/done on the cheap to allow more time/money to be spent on later episodes, really hope it’s not a case of the producers getting lazy/lackadaisical 

I've been thinking for a long time hat Dany is heading the way of her father and showing signs of becoming the Mad Queen. I reckon infighting between the allies is the direction we're heading in.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I've been thinking for a long time hat Dany is heading the way of her father and showing signs of becoming the Mad Queen. I reckon infighting between the allies is the direction we're heading in.

She seems more about power and respect now than the caring queen of earlier.

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Can only hope that it was rushed/done on the cheap to allow more time/money to be spent on later episodes, really hope it’s not a case of the producers getting lazy/lackadaisical 

Aye hopefully saving it for the big battle scenes to come

indianajones
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

She's extremely annoying imo. 

38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Also if we are taking the obvious that Jon is Azor Ahai (prince that was promised) it would fulfill the profecy of him killing someone he loves to save them.

Spoiler

However that all seems a bit obvious for GRR Martin. He said himself he doesn't like the typical heroes.

Say What Again

Some first episodes of the mid seasons took ages to get going, IMO, with the sheer amount of characters and storylines to catch up on. Not the case now we're in the home straight.

First episode and straight away we've had Jon riding a dragon (which it's long been rumoured he'd do), had his parentage revealed to him, Cersei and Euron, and the White Walkers are already slaughtering Northmen and at the door of Winterfeld.

No ****ing about this season. Good stuff ?

Are we allowed to talk crazy theories...

Spoiler

Now I don't buy this But... One of the interesting theories I read was Littlefinger could be a main player still...

It made some pretty absurd connections but I liked it because I always felt he was the one character throughout who has truly been playing "the game of thrones"

Basically he fake death or sacrificed himself to set things in motion. He was too clever to merely think Arya /sansa wouldn't have found out.

He has been the catalyst or cause if many major events from the start. For all his faults his love for catelyn was true. There's other loose hints like him carrying the valerian dagger in season one etc.

It's far fetched for sure but I quite like the notion that it would be such an anti hero could still be involved.

5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Are we allowed to talk crazy theories...

Hide contents

Now I don't buy this But... One of the interesting theories I read was Littlefinger could be a main player still...

It made some pretty absurd connections but I liked it because I always felt he was the one character throughout who has truly been playing "the game of thrones"

Basically he fake death or sacrificed himself to set things in motion. He was too clever to merely think Arya /sansa wouldn't have found out.

He has been the catalyst or cause if many major events from the start. For all his faults his love for catelyn was true. There's other loose hints like him carrying the valerian dagger in season one etc.

It's far fetched for sure but I quite like the notion that it would be such an anti hero could still be involved.

We saw him being stabbed to death though?

Even for GOT that would be batshit crazy. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Like I said I don't believe it. Just liked the notion that someone even going to the extent to try and support this means GOT always keeps you guessing.

It's a character GR has always liked though. There's various quotes saying he sees himself in him etc but I'd suggest this sort of thing could be found for most main characters if you looked hard enough.

The death as you say makes it very unlikely(theory I read proposed it could either be a faceless person or fulfilling a profecy of sacrifice which will be revealed in greater detail via bran flashbacks) Wouldnt be like GOT to throw us a complete curve ball from somewhere tho.

Anyway won't waste anymore time on that as it's all pretty absurd. Most of it was based on stuff in books which would be revealed through flashbacks (all extremely unlikely) but thought was interesting idea none the less

AlphonseCapone
46 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Some first episodes of the mid seasons took ages to get going, IMO, with the sheer amount of characters and storylines to catch up on. Not the case now we're in the home straight.

First episode and straight away we've had Jon riding a dragon (which it's long been rumoured he'd do), had his parentage revealed to him, Cersei and Euron, and the White Walkers are already slaughtering Northmen and at the door of Winterfeld.

No ****ing about this season. Good stuff ?

Exactly. So many GOT fans are moaning faced gets these days :laugh:

Darth Sidious

Just rewatched the whole thing before last night's episode.  Watching the Beyond the Wall episode...really want one of the spinoff shows to be about Thoros of Myr and his charge at Pyke.

As for the latest episode...I like Cersei couldnt care attitude to the dead coming.  Think she is at the point that she doesnt care if everyone dies as long as her enemies go to.

Euron Greyjoy is brilliant...great casting.

54 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Like Jon?

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye hopefully saving it for the big battle scenes to come

Supposedly the largest battle ever filmed on TV or Film is in this season.

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

Euron Greyjoy is brilliant...great casting.

Hmm not convinced. When he was first introduced he was like a caricature. Found him annoying and not in keeping with other characters.

However he does really seem to be growing into it. Much better so far this season.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Like Jon?

Ali but he came back to life the very next episode and in very different circumstances.  Little finger was killed ages ago. 

scottish_chicP

I fly out on holiday on Monday morning and need to leave the house at 3.45 am. Guess I'll be getting up at 2 am as no chance am I waiting a week hoping to avoid spoilers!

3 minutes ago, scottish_chicP said:

I fly out on holiday on Monday morning and need to leave the house at 3.45 am. Guess I'll be getting up at 2 am as no chance am I waiting a week hoping to avoid spoilers!

Get the SkyQ app on a tablet, download it after its recorded - great plane viewing

Edited by DarthVodka
added quote

scottish_chicP
3 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Get the SkyQ app on a tablet, download it after its recorded - great plane viewing

Never thought of that.

I wonder how GRRM is getting on with his books - the story was a bit different with the paths of some characters.

If I were him I'd be trying to get something out pronto to maximize sales.  He's risking not actually finishing it now unless he's been working on the remaining volumes at once

13 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

I wonder how GRRM is getting on with his books - the story was a bit different with the paths of some characters.

If I were him I'd be trying to get something out pronto to maximize sales.  He's risking not actually finishing it now unless he's been working on the remaining volumes at once

I was talking about this last week. It wouldn't surprise me to see winds of winter out just after the series finishes.

6 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Next week's looks a belter going by that teaser trailer

Any theories on gendrys storyline? Surely they wouldn't have spent so much time on him if he wasn't somehow important.

Is anyone ever going to realise that Ned finding out about him being Roberts son is what started all of this madness to start with? 

On 16/04/2019 at 14:18, Bozi said:

Is anyone ever going to realise that Ned finding out about him being Roberts son is what started all of this madness to start with? 

Ned Start isn't Robert Baratheon's son. 

Somebody please confirm.

On 16/04/2019 at 14:18, Bozi said:

Apologies, just realised you meant Gendry!

20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Ned Start isn't Robert Baratheon's son. 

Somebody please confirm.

20 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Apologies, just realised you meant Gendry!

? In all seriousness though would it surprise you ? 

Aye right at the start John was murdered because he discovered Gendry then Ned worked it out and that was the beginning of the end for him, without Gendry none of this happens 

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Aye right at the start John was murdered because he discovered Gendry then Ned worked it out and that was the beginning of the end for him, without Gendry none of this happens 

Haha it certainly wouldn't!

Yes, and it looks like Gendry is going to have a part to play in how this all ends too (apart from making the dragon glass weapons).

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Haha it certainly wouldn't!

Yes, and it looks like Gendry is going to have a part to play in how this all ends too (apart from making the dragon glass weapons).

Yup No Gendry, No Game 

Darth Sidious
On 16/04/2019 at 12:56, DarthVodka said:

I think as soon as the TV show finishes, the next book will be announced/released.  He has been releasing chapters from it for around 5 years, so it must be close.  Wouldn't surprise me if both Winds of Winter and and the Spring book were finished.

Prince Buaben
Spoiler

I read a fan theory about Gendry being an legitimate child of Cersi and Robert. This meant he was ahead of the 3 ‘Baratheon children’ so was framed out as a *******

23 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:
  Hide contents

I read a fan theory about Gendry being an legitimate child of Cersi and Robert. This meant he was ahead of the 3 ‘Baratheon children’ so was framed out as a *******

Maybe but that doesnt make sense in the Blonde/Brown hairline that Ned discovered.

Also, with all the Lannister kids dead either way Gendy is still the only Baratheon heir alive.

30 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:
  Hide contents

When cerseo has the flashback with the witch I'm sure there is mention if a dark haired child. I think this is pretty plausible but unsure of how important it'll turn out to be.

Spoiler

Maybe some bittersweet moment where cerseo realises her and Roberts son does something amazing or infamous only to be acknowledged as a baratheon while the lannister legacy dies out?

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I read a theory the other day that Drogon the dragon, was actually a reincarnated Khal Drogo hence the weird looks from the dragon to John snow when him and Danny kissed.

Not sure how that would play out, however, I do enjoy reading some of the theories. 

Like ones I posted earlier I love all the mad theories which get you thinking. Zero chance of that one as khal drogo would just finish him there and then lol

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Doesnt cersi tell cat stark that her and Roberts son died? Doesn’t seem all that likely to me, either way gendry still has a claim to the throne.

Doesn't this just reinforce the theory?

Ned/Robert/some other(cersei herself?) Know he won't be accepted so send true Aire off to fleabottom and announce it as still born.

Think Arya and gendry could be key players . Would go along with grrm idea of poor backgrounds and untypical hero types.

Maisie williams is 22yo now so would take away any on screen creepiness

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I thought there was a string hint that Arya and Gendry would get together in ep1.

Is that before or after Amy MacDonald’s cameo?

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

Not necessarily. Gendry was just one of Robert's many *******s. The point was that all Robert's *******s had dark hair yet none of his kids with Cersei did. Gendry was just the one they focussed on. All of Robert's other known *******s were killed.

Stewie Griffin
16 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Not necessarily. Gendry was just one of Robert's many *******s. The point was that all Robert's *******s had dark hair yet none of his kids with Cersei did. Gendry was just the one they focussed on. All of Robert's other known *******s were killed.

Did Robert have kids with Cersei ? I thought her children were with Jamie 

30 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Did Robert have kids with Cersei ? I thought her children were with Jamie 

Yes they were with Jamie but their legitimacy depended on them being seen to be Robert's and that's what unravelled with the investigation into all the black haired *******s (Gendry included)