Taskmaster

AlimOzturk

Prefer the earlier seasons, but it's always a great watch!

If you get a chance watch Greg Davies standup Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog, i'd go as far to say I reckon it's the best stand up i've watched in a long time.

William H. Bonney

Just started watching this today. Very funny. My only worry is how many episodes the insufferable noel fielding is in. I can't stand that *****. 

2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Just started watching this today. Very funny. My only worry is how many episodes the insufferable noel fielding is in. I can't stand that *****. 

Would be a shame if he won it eh?

8 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Not normally a fan but quite liked him on it! The programme showcases people as being naturally likeable and really quite funny. 

Although others are funnier, I really enjoyed seeing the likes of Mel Geidroyc, Richard Osman, Aisling Bea and Sally Phillips. It’s good fun and you’d have to be pretty joyless not to just enjoy it!

Probably why the Missus doesn’t like it......:jj_facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Not normally a fan but quite liked him on it! The programme showcases people as being naturally likeable and really quite funny. 

Although others are funnier, I really enjoyed seeing the likes of Mel Geidroyc, Richard Osman, Aisling Bea and Sally Phillips. It’s good fun and you’d have to be pretty joyless not to just enjoy it!

Agreed. Favourites are Ramesh, Al Murray, Bob Mortimer. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed. Favourites are Ramesh, Al Murray, Bob Mortimer. 

Really liked Hugh Dennis too (great interaction with Greg Davies). Didn’t love Season 6 tho but can’t win them all.

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2018 at 18:55, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone else love this show?

Best thing on the telly ATM. Alexs Horne and Greg Davies are brilliant.  

Watched it from day 1 like you say best thing on the box. Never realised it all began at the Edinburgh Fringe. 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Watched it from day 1 like you say best thing on the box. Never realised it all began at the Edinburgh Fringe. 

Alex Horne came up with the fringe show and was the original taskmaster.  

I P Knightley

I've been looking forward to this new series since I heard it was coming to C4. So what did I do? Forgot to set 'record' - obviously. 

I'll get it on All4 though. Which doesn't make me any less stupid. 

So many good moments on this, even from comics who I don't usually like. Bob Mortimer was the best, though. His 'special cuddle' with Alex Horne was just nuts - as were his approaches to most of the tasks.

My kids were thrilled when they found out they were playing a football match next to the Taskmaster house a couple of seasons ago. We stopped short of climbing the gate to get a photo, though. 

On 14/11/2018 at 23:39, Shrekeo said:

MMMMMMMMMMMM

Aisling Bea

ba8fb235ca756b85c8b9b3b3321f6749.gif

Thought the first episode of season 10 lacked the usual energy but I suppose they are trying their best with no crowds in the studio. The Asian guy (forget his name) was the funniest. Trying to put helium into an egg to try and get it to float into the frying pan was particularly funny. Also staring at balls he had already threw thinking they had some sort of meaning was also funny. 

Greg Davies is still funny as no matter what he does. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

MMMMMMMMMMMM

Aisling Bea

ba8fb235ca756b85c8b9b3b3321f6749.gif

I know that I should be able to crack one off over her but there's just something about her that puts me off. Perhaps it's just that she's not as funny as she thinks she is.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I know that I should be able to crack one off over her but there's just something about her that puts me off. Perhaps it's just that she's not as funny as she thinks she is.

Fair do.

I think she is pretty funny as well.  Sometimes.

I P Knightley
On 16/10/2020 at 19:10, Lovecraft said:

Fair do.

I think she is pretty funny as well.  Sometimes.

She's on House of Games this week, wearing a top today that makes it look like she's got plooks on her tits.

On 16/10/2020 at 17:55, I P Knightley said:

A woman who laughs at her own jokes is an improvement on some gormless idiot who laughs at your jokes even when they aren't funny! Kinda like the reverse cowgirl position, it saves you the effort! 🤣

• 4 months later...

a heads up for fans of taskmaster, the new series starts thursday 18th march on channel 4. lee mack is on it and should be hilarious

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

a heads up for fans of taskmaster, the new series starts thursday 18th march on channel 4. lee mack is on it and should be hilarious

:yas: 

I absolutely love Lee Mack! It's a shame this series won't have any audience as would likely add to the hilarity.

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I absolutely love Lee Mack! It's a shame this series won't have any audience as would likely add to the hilarity.

Depends when it was filmed. There might be a small audience

• 1 month later...

Mike Wozniak has to go down as one of the funniest contestants of all time. The farting and giving himself a hemeroid had me in tears laughter

Greedy Jambo
On 12/11/2018 at 18:55, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone else love this show?

Best thing on the telly ATM. Alexs Horne and Greg Davies are brilliant.  

My netflix ran out and i was like aw naw, so i looked at the channel 4 app, i seen it and thought, mmmm no sure. 

Opted for fargo. 

But i will give it a go, cheers. 

As long as you weren't serious about that big fat lass.

The Hogfather

Just about to watch tonights, but Mike is absolutely up there. The only one who hasn't made me laugh this series is Sarah. I just don't get her.

heartsfc_fan
27 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Mike Wozniak has to go down as one of the funniest contestants of all time. The farting and giving himself a hemeroid had me in tears laughter

This 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"It's like a casserole down there" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a line.

5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"It's like a casserole down there" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 what a line.

:rofl:

Just the way he presents himself then to come out with something like that

Also at the start and his oral fixation story and bringing in a synthetic backup nipple 😂

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Just about to watch tonights, but Mike is absolutely up there. The only one who hasn't made me laugh this series is Sarah. I just don't get her.

She is just genuinely annoying. 
That couple of minutes at the end with the fart conclusion had my face aching with laughter. 

The Hogfather
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

She is just genuinely annoying. 
That couple of minutes at the end with the fart conclusion had my face aching with laughter. 

Absolutely howling at "casserole" at the end there :laugh: There's just something about her that doesn't make her funny. I honestly don't know what it is, but she just doesn't click like the others.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Mike Wozniak giving his all for the cause in tonight's final episode. 

Spoiler

he should have won, it was a shock when he took off the hat and there was the mohawk

Malinga the Swinga

Grown to really appreciate Charlotte Ritchie in current series. 

Her kids presenter /schoolteacher manner just comes over as super filthy, or it does in my eyes. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Her kids presenter /schoolteacher manner just comes over as super filthy, or it does in my eyes. 

:biglaugh:

You're not alone in coming to that opinion.

On 11/03/2021 at 01:21, Guest said:

Mawaan Rizwan, 

Couldn’t stand him after his “get it off im triggered” comment. Prob didnt help it was aimed at Richard Herring who I am a fan of. Daisy May Cooper I didn’t know much about but she was superb. 

On 22/04/2021 at 22:08, AlimOzturk said:

He was superb , between that and last nights reveal , I do like Sarah Kendall though , she just has that sort of lower aussie accent which can be nippy. Jamali Maddox is one of my favourite of all the series too , Both overshadowed Lee Mack which I wouldn’t have thought possible. Jamali just looked at one point like he clicked into gear and went **** it I want to win this.... The episode where he just stamped on everything was genius 

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oooft , shes awesome in Fresh Meat too and seems to just let her vulnerable side come out throughout the series of Taskmaster, the jelly with the letter from her therapist and how shes leaned into the schoolteacher/kids tv presenter type persona has been brilliant. Weighhhy - only close personal friends though ended me last night 🤣

On 23/04/2021 at 01:17, Greedy Jambo said:

Nut, this is absolute simpleton dug shit. 

I bet you’re fun at parties! 

I watched the series with Bob Mortimer in it the other week. Legend.

The other ones don't seem to have any contestants in it who catch my interest. I watched some of the last series, with Richard Herring in it as the only stand out, but it wasn't as good tbh.

51 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I watched the series with Bob Mortimer in it the other week. Legend.

The other ones don't seem to have any contestants in it who catch my interest. I watched some of the last series, with Richard Herring in it as the only stand out, but it wasn't as good tbh.

Some of the series are better than others. I really enjoyed the Bob Mortimer series and the Frank Skinner one. 

Also surprisingly enjoyed Katherine Ryan on it too. 

But you’re right, it can be up and down depend g on who’s in it.

AlimOzturk

There hasn’t been a series that hasn’t had its moments tbh. This is the second best season just behind the first season of taskmaster for me. I’ll never get over josh widdicome getting a tattoo of Greg on his foot 😂😂

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There hasn’t been a series that hasn’t had its moments tbh. This is the second best season just behind the first season of taskmaster for me. I’ll never get over josh widdicome getting a tattoo of Greg on his foot 😂😂

And him not getting the full points 😅