BBC Dynasties

neilnunb

David the chimp.

What a man! Left for dead after some upstarts try and overthrow him, decides noone gets his women, comes back and shows them the real boss. ?

Looks like another great Attenborough series ❤

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

FFS man! Spoiler alert for those of us waiting to watch it on iplayer. 

Sorry Taz...though I only watched it on iplayer myself ??

• 2 weeks later...

Good show but I've watched a more hard hitting docu about chimps on channel 4 years ago.

It was more about the darker side. Cannibalism, killing the young from other troops etc....real eye opener.

49 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Good show but I've watched a more hard hitting docu about chimps on channel 4 years ago.

It was more about the darker side. Cannibalism, killing the young from other troops etc....real eye opener.

Glad I didn't imagine that. I was telling someone about that, they thought I was on the wind up. Chimps are smart, funny and crazy as hell. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 12/11/2018 at 08:26, Sooperstar said:

Don't open the thread then!

A bit hard to know what it's about just by the title. I thought it was going to be about all the families who have made a very good living not by talent but by being a son or daughter! :laugh:

Budgie's Boyfriend

Episode 1 was dire in my opinion, lost interest early on ,DA and the BBC can now tell what animals are thinking etc :jj_facepalm: , not seen the Penguin episode yet. 

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Angus Ogg said:

Anyone watched episode 3?

i absolutely love all of Attenborough’s BBC documentaries 

Hyenas are sneaky tramps. The Celtic of the African plains. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hyenas are sneaky tramps. The Celtic of the African plains. 

Depends on the species, spotted hyenas kill most of their food but striped hyenas are mainly scavengers.

Samuel Camazzola
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Depends on the species, spotted hyenas kill most of their food but striped hyenas are mainly scavengers.

I'd have to watch it again to see what breed they were (I suspect they were wearing hoops!) ?

23 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'd have to watch it again to see what breed they were (I suspect they were wearing hoops!) ?

In further shocking news lions steal prey that hyenas have killed a lot of the time.

Latest episode was the best yet imo.

Amazing animals.

And then throwing in the lion shaking its head with buffalo blood ?

I can't watch these programmes. I hate seeing animals suffer. Lions eating antelopes, hawks catching pigeons etc. Big soft tart that I am

21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I can't watch these programmes. I hate seeing animals suffer. Lions eating antelopes, hawks catching pigeons etc. Big soft tart that I am

Don't watch the penguins episode. I was tearing up. 

There are a couple of unpleasant scenes but the sadness bit, for me anyway, is an inevitable story of loyalty. 

It's definitely worth watching.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Latest one definitely the best episode yet. 

Definitely the saddest too. 

Amazing stuff nobody does these like the BBC. 

I know a lot of folk dislike the BBC,  but I watch l'm watching loads of documentaries, drama, comedy (although there is a significant pile rubbish), on iPlayer.

I think the licence fee is well worth it.

Well apart from screwing us with what MoTD pays English football, and what we get back.

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I know a lot of folk dislike the BBC,  but I watch l'm watching loads of documentaries, drama, comedy (although there is a significant pile rubbish), on iPlayer.

I think the licence fee is well worth it.

Well apart from screwing us with what MoTD pays English football, and what we get back.

We get the absolute pish ripped out us by them in general but nobody does these programmes as well as the bbc. David Attenborough....what can you say. 

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't intend watching after all the sadness I have read about. 

?

Its such a savage life these animals lead, one wrong move and they’re dead and this one was literally dog eat dog but amazing television. 

North Berwick Jambo

Amazing as usual from Attenborough & the BBC. I just watched  all of this series over the weekend including next weeks one on the Tigers, fantastic stuff.

Now that I am 48 he has been the voice of every single decent nature program I have ever watched since I was a small kid. His voice is so distinctive that I can’t imagine them being the same without him when he stops working eventually, he is 92 now. 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo