The Outlaw King

Vic Vespa

scott herbertson

There are plenty of decent books about Bruce. Nice to see Douglas being portrayed fairly accurately 9he seems to have been the archetypal brave nutter)

Jarred a bit to see Edward II at Loudon Hill - he was nowhere near it and the bit about Bruce and him having a 'square go' - please!

PhoenixHearts
On 10/11/2018 at 09:02, JALBO said:

...there weren't too many standout moments - the sort that everyone quotes afterwards,...

"DDOOUUUGGGGGLAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSHHHHSHHLSSSHGSJKKJNH"

Konrad von Carstein
On 14/11/2018 at 08:37, jack D and coke said:

As it said at the end of the film it was the turning point for him maybe? If I hadn’t read on here Bannockburn wasn’t in there I’d have been pretty shocked so as it was it prepared me for that bizarre omission. 

Did think it was still pretty good with some good gore in the battlescenes too. Maybe after louden hill it would’ve just been another big battle scene and they felt maybe that was too much of the same I don’t know. No need for that cringey ending but still a solid 9/10 for me. 

We’re lucky in this country to have these cracking history stories and not enough films are made about Wallace and Bruce etc for me. 

Why not one about Douglas too? He sounds a mental character also I’d like to know more. 

I’ve been looking around for books on it all now has anybody read these ones? Supposed to be decent. 

The Bruce Trilogy: "Steps to the Empty Throne", "Price of the King's Peace" and "Path of the Hero King" (Coronet Books) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0340371862/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6396BbQ2DVF7G

Any other recommendations appreciated??

Got the kindle version of the trilogy for 99p today!

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

For some reason it won’t let me download that to my iPad...I’ve got the kindle app but it says not available for download to your device. I can get a sample but that’s it...

Any idea why that might be?

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

For some reason it won’t let me download that to my iPad...I’ve got the kindle app but it says not available for download to your device. I can get a sample but that’s it...

Any idea why that might be?

Just double checked the download in case I had made an erse of things!

I have the full 3 books...(eg location 1 of nearly 20k on my phone) I bought it over my android phone so no idea what is happening with you, sorry.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just double checked the download in case I had made an erse of things!

I have the full 3 books...(eg location 1 of nearly 20k on my phone) I bought it over my android phone so no idea what is happening with you, sorry.

Sorted. Had to do it through the browser as opposed to the app itself??

Captain America
On 22/11/2018 at 17:53, Konrad von Carstein said:

Thanks for posting this.

Just bought it aswell. Steal for 99p

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Is there a second part to this.??

It's intended to be a trilogy but n  don't think there is a date yet for further films

in the meantime watch the three series of Last Kingdom if you need a medieval fix - its better anyway

As an aside, my Mrs told me about a lassie in wardrobe for this film. The actors were stuck in costume for so long on a daily basis that she had to cut out all the crotches and reattach them using velcro (or something similar) so they could go to the toilet. 

At the end of shooting she had the glorious task of re-crotching them all back to normal. 

The glamour of the movies eh?

• 1 month later...

A 5 part series in the pipeline after the success of Outlaw/King. It will start from the Wallace fight against tyranny and end with the battle of Bannockburn.

:yas:

Edited by ri Alban

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A 5 part series in the pipeline after the success of Outlaw/King. It will start from the Wallace fight against tyranny and end with the battle of Bannockburn.

:yas:

:verysmug: will coincide with Indie Scotland very nicely.