Section G / Section N emails

LewisR5-1

33 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Anything been written and sent out to the seadon ticket holders in the area of the main stand where the coin that hit lennon was thrown from ?

I read that a haiku was commissioned

Such aim, such finesse!
Pennies from heaven for Neil
Stand, fallen hero

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonexile

• sadj

• Boab

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If these measures taken by the club are a success and we get rid of the cretins causing bother in G and N can they be introduced on this forum somehow?

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It's probably not the best wording used by the club, but it does suggest that for future games if there are tickets left over on the specific date a game is being played they will not be sold on that date. If they are bought in advance of the relevant game I'm guessing the tickets sold will come under the extra security steps the club are planning to put in place.

It has been a bit of a strange thread to read through. I must admit I've often been confused by those that say the reason they like to stand is to make an atmosphere, in my near 63 years on this planet I don't think I've ever come across any general medical research which has indicated either singing or delivering strong language cannot be done while seated.

Indeed, I just sang "**** off" to the Mrs from the couch with very little difficulty. Schoolboy error domestically, but point proven I think.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I suppose it depends on who you converse with, mate. I would say I know many Hearts supporters and about 3 or 4, including me, post on here. A small fraction. Very small !

They probably do post.

Just don't want to reveal their username.

Anyway it seems clear to me the club have been forced to take drastic action to avoid action from the authorities for the recent nonsense. Common sense really.

Or would people prefer the club did nothing and the next time something happens sections of the stadium get closed on the orders of the Police or SFA/SPFL.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I didn't get an email and I sit in G. Does that mean I can take pyro on Saturday?

If it's lower G, then check your spam folder ...

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Dave McCreery's knee

Not read the thread but any news on how hibs are dealing with their fans who threw coins, food/drink, keys, flares etc? There was one point during the game when it was raining down from hibs end. It was only luck that no-one was hit (although linesman may have been hit from hibs end and I certainly saw a smoke bomb hitting someone in lower G after the game) yet they get no attention?

Have they written to fans or done anything other than joint statement and promote the Neil Lennon is innocent agenda?they blame thr closeness of tynecastle stands even though at Hampden, when they couldn't be further from the pitch they still manage to invade and assault players and opposing fans.  

Fully support our clubs actions in trying to deal with idiots in our stands. Its noted that its only one club that seems to be taking action though. 

6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

If it's lower G, then check your spam folder ...

Didn't even notice it was Lower G. Ah well, that'll be that.

Friend of mine sits in the bottom of section G with his disabled friend. They got tickets sent for 3 games moving their seats as the little drummer boys were going in there. Maybe not anymore. 

13 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Collateral damage? 

This forum is a joke.

Ah, that's ok then... 

Not supposed to be there to watch the game and get behind the team..?  

Naw, let's just fire flares onto the pitch and the opposition fans..  much more fun..

Grow up

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

They probably do post.

Just don't want to reveal their username.

Anyway it seems clear to me the club have been forced to take drastic action to avoid action from the authorities for the recent nonsense. Common sense really.

Or would people prefer the club did nothing and the next time something happens sections of the stadium get closed on the orders of the Police or SFA/SPFL.

Trust me, mate, the vast majority don't post on here. Anyone I know anyway. I'll refrain from telling you what they do say when the name comes up !

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Trust me, mate, the vast majority don't post on here. Anyone I know anyway. I'll refrain from telling you what they do say when the name comes up !

Kickback is for snowflake arseholes is the general consensus on my supporters bus

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Kickback is for snowflake arseholes is the general consensus on my supporters bus

Ach, general consensus among those with half a brain in their head is that anyone who uses the term 'snowflake' probably isn't worth listening to anyway. ?

fabienleclerq

I sit at the back if N and haven't received anything.

I can see why the club need to do something as someone is going to get hurt and obviously if there is damage to the pitch etc(smoke bombs don't get very hot though so unsure on that). 

The flip side is they don't seem to have put in any measures for the away end and the section where Lennon was hit from, why is this? Also they need to target the individuals involved not be seen to lump the whole section in together like naughty kids. Dare I say if they made the Gorgie the singing section a lot of trouble would be avoided.

18 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Do the guys on your bus know you have over 11 thousand posts on here.?

3 hours ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Not read the thread but any news on how hibs are dealing with their fans who threw coins, food/drink, keys, flares etc? There was one point during the game when it was raining down from hibs end. It was only luck that no-one was hit (although linesman may have been hit from hibs end and I certainly saw a smoke bomb hitting someone in lower G after the game) yet they get no attention?

Have they written to fans or done anything other than joint statement and promote the Neil Lennon is innocent agenda?they blame thr closeness of tynecastle stands even though at Hampden, when they couldn't be further from the pitch they still manage to invade and assault players and opposing fans.  

Fully support our clubs actions in trying to deal with idiots in our stands. Its noted that its only one club that seems to be taking action though. 

General consensus seems to be that we are in no position anything about any other clubs until we have sorted our own problems out.

So until then, we just have to drop our pants and accept the media attacks, the sniping from ex-players with celtic allegiances and even the honour of a misguided comment from the First Minister. And that's not including our own fans having a shot.

12 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I can see why the club need to do something as someone is going to get hurt and obviously if there is damage to the pitch etc(smoke bombs don't get very hot though so unsure on that). 

The flip side is they don't seem to have put in any measures for the away end and the section where Lennon was hit from, why is this? Also they need to target the individuals involved not be seen to lump the whole section in together like naughty kids. Dare I say if they made the Gorgie the singing section a lot of trouble would be avoided.

Based on recent events (Dunne and Zlamal being hit) and numerous incidents of keepers being hassled by away fans, it seems right to no longer sell tickets for at least the front row of the Roseburn.

fabienleclerq
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Based on recent events (Dunne and Zlamal being hit) and numerous incidents of keepers being hassled by away fans, it seems right to no longer sell tickets for at least the front row of the Roseburn.

I find it strange we are quick to criticize our own fans but not the away end.

32 minutes ago, redm said:

Ach, general consensus among those with half a brain in their head is that anyone who uses the term 'snowflake' probably isn't worth listening to anyway. ?

:spoton: 

Trump supporter rhetoric.

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

To be fair to Ann Budge, she has criticised the away end (Celtic I think?) but you can’t really go slamming other supporters when you don’t have your own house in order. “Aye but they did it first/they do it worser” is no defence at all. Probably shouldn’t really be heard from the mouths of anyone over the age of 5 either. 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Me too, but see my other post above. Personally i feel we can get our own house in order AND publicly defend the club against some of the recent nonsense in the media...but that's just me.

fabienleclerq
Just now, redm said:

To be fair to Ann Budge, she has criticised the away end (Celtic I think?) but you can’t really go slamming other supporters when you don’t have your own house in order. “Aye but they did it first/they do it worser” is no defence at all. Probably shouldn’t really be heard from the mouths of anyone over the age of 5 either. 

So you can't criticize someone because you aren't perfect yourself? I'm sure anyone older than five is capable of both looking at their own faults while still being able to look at others too.

Overreaction from the club, I am sure there will be no need to check for pyro or the likes at the game tomorrow.

or for most games, just use the CCTV and deal with the perpetrators, or step up security at the big games.

Budge won't be happy until it's all quiet again, just the way she likes it.

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

So you can't criticize someone because you aren't perfect yourself? I'm sure anyone older than five is capable of both looking at their own faults while still being able to look at others too.

Well, you could do it, but nobody’s going to take you seriously and it’s going to make you look pretty silly if you’re criticising others for something that you have done, and continue to do, yourself. It just comes across as a serious lack of self-awareness and discredits the point you’re trying to make. 

fabienleclerq
9 minutes ago, redm said:

Well, you could do it, but nobody’s going to take you seriously and it’s going to make you look pretty silly if you’re criticising others for something that you have done, and continue to do, yourself. It just comes across as a serious lack of self-awareness and discredits the point you’re trying to make. 

That's just utter nonsense. Surely by criticizing one set of supports behaviour and not the other she is discrediting her point and alienating her own fans.

I'm a bit perplexed you think we should only criticize Hearts fans until we have no faults at all when the opposition supports behave far worse at times. If we are issuing statements about bad behaviour it should criticize all involved not just Hearts fans. 

No wonder we get a rough ride in the media at times when our own fans are happy for the club to be critical of our own while not mentioning others.

Edited by fabienleclerq

5 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Overreaction from the club, I am sure there will be no need to check for pyro or the likes at the game tomorrow.

or for most games, just use the CCTV and deal with the perpetrators, or step up security at the big games.

161221-ridiculous-lawsuits-feature.jpg

12 minutes ago, redm said:

But the criticism of us, from people who are in no position to throw stones, was taken seriously enough to become fact on Sky Sports and in the Scottish Parliament.

12 minutes ago, cheetah said:

:vrface:

19 minutes ago, cheetah said:

You could, if you wanted to make a point of sorts, be completely silent for Killie game? Almost like a silent protest.

I know, it sounds silly (and a guarantee the game will be a belter...6-5 to Hearts with 4 sendings off)

34 minutes ago, redm said:

Agree with what u said but surely if u are happy to lose out on money by not selling tickets in section G and N  there is no excuse to sell the old firm the whole of the roseburn now? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, redm said:

Don't even know what it means, Red, and don't really think i'd ever use it, tbh.

Edited by Boab

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Lower R was being watched closely prior to the coin incident. I don't know if the coin came from lower or upper R but I'm sure that person will get caught. Other than that, there was no other problems behind the dugout.

29 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That's just utter nonsense. Surely by criticizing one set of supports behaviour and not the other she is discrediting her point and alienating her own fans.

I'm a bit perplexed you think we should only criticize Hearts fans until we have no faults at all when the opposition supports behave far worse at times. If we are issuing statements about bad behaviour it should criticize all involved not just Hearts fans. 

No wonder we get a rough ride in the media at times when our own fans are happy for the club to be critical of our own while not mentioning others.

That's not what I'm saying. We don't have to wait until there's some sort of level of perfection, and in the past Ann Budge hasn't waited for that anyway. She has called out a few things. Pointing the finger elsewhere while our fans are behaving like twats is just plain old whataboutery though and it looks slippery. Given the increasing number of problems with our lot it's definitely not a hill I'd be dying on either....not when you're likely to call out another club, say Celtic, and the following weekend  some of our own supporters are very likely to make you look like a tool who doesn't have a grasp on your own reality. We'd be quick to notice that if other clubs did it. It makes people look really stupid.

49 minutes ago, redm said:

A full statement is to follow I think so, i'd imagine, there will be some restriction at the front of K for the next derby. That's what i'd do. Maybe the first two or three rows. 

The club would be seen to be taking action across the board.

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

There's such a divide in our support its frightening

I don't agree with this at all. Generally speaking, in real life and in stadium or pub or whatever, the vast majority of people get along just fine. There's a small number who deliberately set out to piss off their own fellow supporters, but most aren't like that. People can disagree on things but stil get on. 

33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But the criticism of us, from people who are in no position to throw stones, was taken seriously enough to become fact on Sky Sports and in the Scottish Parliament.

I know. Argh. But we weren't complaining when that vehicle was used to increase pressure on SPFL and SFA over the semi final plans, I guess. 

At that level people aren't interested in the nuance or the detail, unfortunately. 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, redm said:

That's not what I'm saying. We don't have to wait until there's some sort of level of perfection, and in the past Ann Budge hasn't waited for that anyway. She has called out a few things. Pointing the finger elsewhere while our fans are behaving like twats is just plain old whataboutery though and it looks slippery. Given the increasing number of problems with our lot it's definitely not a hill I'd be dying on either....not when you're likely to call out another club, say Celtic, and the following weekend  some of our own supporters are very likely to make you look like a tool who doesn't have a grasp on your own reality. We'd be quick to notice that if other clubs did it. It makes people look really stupid.

There's a difference between whataboutary and being critical across the board.

You don't think there is a perfect level Hearts fans have to get to before we criticize others, but don't think we can criticize others because we have some idiots misbehaving. Seems a bit contradictory.

Anyway we aren't going to agree, let's hope for an arsehole free weekend.

9 minutes ago, redm said:

I don't agree with this at all. Generally speaking, in real life and in stadium or pub or whatever, the vast majority of people get along just fine. There's a small number who deliberately set out to piss off their own fellow supporters, but most aren't like that. People can disagree on things but stil get on. 

That small number is causing a big stir. Only have to look on a few threads on here to see people continuously at each others throats.

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree with what u said but surely if u are happy to lose out on money by not selling tickets in section G and N  there is no excuse to sell the old firm the whole of the roseburn now? 

I'm not happy at all to lose out on money. Fans of this club have paid 8 million quid to drag it from admin, build a new stand, put in a new pitch and goodness knows what else and these bloody idiots have zero regard for that. Their actions mean we lose out on ticket money, and the new (and super expensive) pitch is damaged. No, I'm not happy about it at all, but it's not the club to blame for any of that. They need to take some sort of preventative action before we get too much attention or restrictive measures placed upon us, rather than ones we choose for ourselves.

Our stadium is bloody brilliant and part of that is down to the proximity of fans to the pitch. These people are potentially about to ruin that for us. And they're costing us money. 

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

There's a difference between whataboutary and being critical across the board.

You don't think there is a perfect level Hearts fans have to get to before we criticize others, but don't think we can criticize others because we have some idiots misbehaving. Seems a bit contradictory.

Anyway we aren't going to agree, let's hope for an arsehole free weekend.

Other clubs and fans are not our responsibility. Hearts supporters are. I think that's at the root of the point I'm trying to make. 

Totally agree on the arsehole-free weekend thing though :) 

16 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I get what the club are saying but my problem is the actual stewarding and policing at games like this. Are we being well served by these entities?

I personally don’t think we are.

what I saw from the Derby games was hundreds of Stewards/police just huddled in the corner between the main and Roseburn stands.

They knew it was a tense atmosphere and should be deployed round the perimeter instead of cowarding away in the corner serving no purpose whatsoever.

This is the bigger issue for me, do we really think that by having more ineffective stewards from G4S is going to solve anything?

We've brought catering back in house so why not Security/Stewarding? At least that way we can get shot of the stewards that are picking up minimum wage to just stand and watch the game rather than doing any sort of security and instead have our own employee's that are trained to do the job properly!

Also have the club considered the logistics of having these extra stewards acting like cinema ushers and showing people to their seats? Guaranteed that come kick off there's still going to be a huge crowd of folk waiting at the concourse blocking not only access to N upper but the view of the disabled supporters on the walkway between lower and upper N.

16 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Time these neds were banned for life.

Correct. Can they not see what they are doing?

Apart from the safety aspect, it tarnishes the clubs reputation and costs it money with pitch repairs, potential fines and now because of this, the club will not be selling match-day tickets in those areas which is a loss of revenue. Well done arseholes!

Wee shits. Probably proud of themselves due their tiny brain's and inability to see what they are doing.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Me too, but see my other post above. Personally i feel we can get our own house in order AND publicly defend the club against some of the recent nonsense in the media...but that's just me.

I agree with the sentiment, but there is absolutely no chance you will ever have complete control over you own supporters behaviour 

No matter what measures you put in place, there is the certain possibility that some cretin will do something stupid 

In my opinion if Celtic/ Hibs/ Rangers fans step out of line we should never be afraid to point this out.

If you are waiting till we are whiter than white then I’m afraid it will never happen 

Edited by jbee647

Anyone objecting to this message from the club is a t!t.  It's illegal and costing the club money, that's all that needs to be said.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Jambo83 said:

Anyone objecting to this message from the club is a t!t.  It's illegal and costing the club money, that's all that needs to be said.

Totally agree! Never mind other clubs we need to concentrate on us and throwing coins, damaging our own pitch etc is shocking and as you say it's costing our club money with extra police / stewards aswell as giving our club a bad name

16 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

It is for the club to deal with, and they are. If you have a better solution, feel free to propose it. 

Nowhere in the ground allows you to stand, you may choose to stand and it may be tolerated, but it is not ‘allowed’. 

Finally, whenever the atmosphere is ‘special’ it is because either it’s a big game and the whole crowd are involved or because something else has happened, like poor refereeing or some other injustice, and the whole crowd is involved. If folk standing in G and N made for a great atmosphere, it would be like that every game. It isn’t.

I asked this the last time someone brought it up.

Can anyone show me the law that states you prevents people from standing up at the football?