Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonexile

• sadj

• Boab

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Rightly or wrongly you get away with it in Europe more than here. The likes of the stuff going on at Polish games would have government inquiries over here. Thats not bitter oldies nor is it people condemning people standing etc. Its just people saying unfortunately the club had to do something so thats the action chosen so we have to suck it up for the period til people get back on side with us. RedM is right though weve had atmosphere in the oast without the behaviour some are claiming. Losing standing areas is in a large part to blame for drop in atmospheres. I have had to play at Pittodrie a fair few times and the atmosphere there is to me jist as poor as people are saying Tynecastle is.

@Boab My personal opinion isn’t stated but as I said it was probably a necessary evil in light of the actions of both sets of fans. I didn’t realise Dempster had said everything was fine before the statement but thats their perogative and idiotic to say if thats the way it was. Hearts are doing the right thing within the scope of the law and damage limitation to prevent further issues for ourselves. That doesn’t mean the club are wanting a library either.

I hear that, mate. My take on Dempster was she was cagey about what she saw...or didn't....regarding Hibs fans, who she was in among, but happy to, then, appear in a statement condemning all the chicanery that went on.

Either i'm paranoid or she's not to be trusted !

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Have you got your breath back, Red ?

It's a good post but the bit about an idea that we need to pander to one young group ? Who's saying that ?

You do something worth getting huckled for, regardless of age, you get huckled......no pandering, jail or ban or whatever !

With respect, saying we do pander is crazy. That would mean people not doing their job properly.

It’s a reaction to a succession and build up of discussions about it all I think. “Boys will be boys”, “it’s just culture”, “look what happened when the club got too heavy handed”, “they only pushed a steward/attacked a bus/stole a drum/sang iffy songs”, “They’re just young, they’ll grow up!”, “they’re the future! The club will die without young blood”, “och it’s just one Edinburgh is Wonderful/one flag set on fire/one this that or the next thing” etc etc etc. That sort of pandering, I mean.

Fine. Some of it seems fair. But they are just one group within a much larger and varied community. They don’t seem to realise or acknowledge that and it’s irritating me. 

In turn they’re all “**** Ann Budge, **** Craig Levein, **** Hearts fans, f-words, t-words, YAAAAAASSS SECTARIAN SUNDAY, sash bash!!” Etc etc. And then you have folk standing around wringing their hands about how others won’t give them a break. Frustrating. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I hope our lovely new pitch isn’t being damaged by fuds wae fireworks. 

Unfortunately several scorched and dyed areas of the pitch , looks like surface damage but unsightly nevertheless 

grounds man must be ragin 

3 minutes ago, redm said:

It’s a reaction to a succession and build up of discussions about it all I think. “Boys will be boys”, “it’s just culture”, “look what happened when the club got too heavy handed”, “they only pushed a steward/attacked a bus/stole a drum/sang iffy songs”, “They’re just young, they’ll grow up!”, “they’re the future! The club will die without young blood”, “och it’s just one Edinburgh is Wonderful/one flag set on fire/one this that or the next thing” etc etc etc. That sort of pandering, I mean.

Fine. Some of it seems fair. But they are just one group within a much larger and varied community. They don’t seem to realise or acknowledge that and it’s irritating me. 

In turn they’re all “**** Ann Budge, **** Craig Levein, **** Hearts fans, f-words, t-words, YAAAAAASSS SECTARIAN SUNDAY, sash bash!!” Etc etc. And then you have folk standing around wringing their hands about how others won’t give them a break. Frustrating. 

This is where I’m at too. The most annoying thing is that they have been given multiple warnings and cut a lot of slack by the club. Their response? Abuse hurled at Budge, Levein and anyone else who doesn’t share their ‘views’.

17 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You ready to donate that money to charity for the bet we have, or are you going to just continue to just spout inaccurate pish about various posters? 

That opinion sounds a bit fascist to me.

Why you trying to divert the conversation away off topic? You’ve further shown your colours and beliefs on this thread so no betting schenanigans required ??

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Tea towel loyal raging?

Excellent. :thumbsup:

It’s very :pleasing:

6 minutes ago, redm said:

My thoughts EXACTLY! ??

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This is where I’m at too. The most annoying thing is that they have been given multiple warnings and cut a lot of slack by the club. Their response? Abuse hurled at Budge, Levein and anyone else who doesn’t share their ‘views’.

They don’t give a shit about the rest of the supporters, the club, even the brand new million quid bloody pitch gets burnt, and yet there’s people getting annoyed at those who are losing patience with them. It’s crazy.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
35 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If it annoys you so much then go find a Hearts forum more to your ‘tastes’.

This forum is full of thousands of diehard Hearts fans who support the club just as much as you and support the club just as much as you. We just choose to do it without acting like arseholes. 

There’s a reason we’re the number one Hearts forum, the forum that has raised thousands for Big Hearts and FOH, the forum that the club asked to help name the fans’ bar. It’s because the vast majority of us are decent passionate Hearts fans. We’re clearly not your ‘type’ of Hearts fans though so do us all a favour and do one ??

Pwease make me a mod, pweaaase. 

? 

15 minutes ago, redm said:

Can't disagree but what on earth are 't-words'? 

1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

?

I suspect it rhymes with the name we give to somebody who trims or fits horses shoes.

2 hours ago, maroonexile said:

They are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. They clearly have CCTV in these areas and have identified and arrested individuals, can they not just do that and stop collectively punishing fans.

At any other club in the league, there would be uproar that innocent fans are being targeted because they sit close to offenders. On here, it’s their own fault? That’s a joke. 

Tynecastle will be back to its library best, and people are delighted? I wonder what action Hibs will take? Bet you nothing like what we have.

SPFL rules mean Hearts have to do everything to prevent misbehaviour. They have to be seen to be taking every possible step.

Bear that in mind when you think Hearts are being heavy handed. Its to avoid worse which could include closing the lower sections as well as heavy fines or worse. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

?

That would save you having to send me grovelling apology PMs every so often ?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

That would save you having to send me grovelling apology PMs every so often ?

Let me know if they do, you can be my default appeals mod. ? 

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Let me know if they do, you can be my default appeals mod. ? 

You do have a history of coming grovelling to me asking forgiveness so that would make sense ??

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I suspect it rhymes with the name we give to somebody who trims or fits horses shoes.

Am I being whooooshed here? 

7 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

?

There’s a couple I suppose. Notts called it right with one of them. I forgot to add the racist words too but there’s plenty of them as well. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, To Be Frank said:

You do have a history of coming grovelling to me asking forgiveness so that would make sense ??

Not quite ☺ , I apologised when I was out of order as it's the right thing to do. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, redm said:

There’s a couple I suppose. Notts called it right with one of them. I forgot to add the racist words too but there’s plenty of them as well. 

Bloody hell, more than one? 

Does anyone have a bigots dictionary I cam borrow? ? 

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Tacksmith?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but didn't the statement say that only match day ticket sales are being stopped for those sections? The way I read it is that you can still buy tickets for G and N, just not on the day.

Edited by Smithee

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Tazio said:

A tlacksmith

Or more likely a farrier. 

Got you now, I've never heard that said at Tynecastle tho. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I very much doubt it.

Thankfully I don't move in such circles so my exposure to it is limited. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stop destroying the facade  :(

Sorry mate , what I obviously meant was Krug and lobster with a side of caviar

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Tacksmith?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but didn't the statement say that only match day ticket sales are being stopped for those sections? The way I read out is that you can still buy tickets for G and N, just not on the day.

Yep tacksmith.

Just now, Barack said:

I thought they were meaning Taig.

But I'm not as learned as the others on here.

I honestly never knew this and tarrier were terms used outside hunbrox and the huns' forums

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I thought they were meaning Taig.

But I'm not as learned as the others on here.

That was my first thought too

7 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Not quite ☺ , I apologised when I was out of order as it's the right thing to do. 

Then went back to stalking me again and had to come back and apologise a second time and then went back to stalking me :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Got you now, I've never heard that said at Tynecastle tho. 

Thankfully I don't move in such circles so my exposure to it is limited. 

It's original meaning is somebody who stays longer than is welcome.

So you could say hamster chops or Chris Robinson are tarriers?

16 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

That’s a concept quite alien to Frank.

Frank - £1,000 plus £500 to a charity of JKB’s choice. Or are you willing to admit you’re wrong and are slandering posters inaccurately? 

Theme From Sparta F.C.
1 hour ago, redm said:

So many mental urban/stadium myths and have developed from these discussions. Here's my take on some of them:

- You don't have to be standing to contribute to sound or to 'atmosphere'

- You don't have the right to stand anyway, those who get away with it should consider it a privilege. If that privilege is lost, you know exactly who to blame. They take the piss, this is what happens. Time for them to take some responsibility and grow up.

- You don't have to be young to contribute to sound or to 'atmosphere' (the word makes me grimace now actually)

- The 'young team' don't get special privileges just for being young. They're just one group and part of the wide demographic that is the Hearts support, just one part of a big and varied crowd of people. Old folks, people with disabilities, middle aged folks, twenty somethings, teenagers who like to sit, people with asthma, people who can't be arsed with bigoted bollocks and just want to watch a game of football, those who just don't like singing, those who sing really loud from a seated position, people who turn up every once in a while, people who go every week, people with crap eyesight, people with amazing eyesight, whatever. They're all just as important and deserve the same consideration and respect. They turn up, they pay their FOH subs, they buy shares, they spend in the shop, buy pints in the stadium bar, they use hospitality, they eat curry, they drink Bovril, they buy stuff for family too, they help fund special projects via Big Hearts or McCrae's Battalion Trust or they run marathons for Save the Children. They pay for new main stands and fancy new hybrid pitches and memorial gardens and war memorials. This idea that we need to pander to one young group is absolutely crazy, as is the total whiff of entitlement that you get from them - and those who just want to behave like dicks regardless of age. If they can't share the same space as everyone else without being dicks then that's their problem.

- If they chuck a strop at being told off for being dicks, the future of the club is perfectly fine. There's plenty of other young fans who have zero interest in this stuff. 

- we survived 140 odd years without drums, smokebombs and synchronised bouncing, we'll probably survive just fine if it disappears again

*breathes*

The best post in this thread by a mile. ?

52 minutes ago, redm said:

I hear you, Red, believe me, I do, but young guys, in a football environment, largely, don't give a **** ! 

I know I didn't when I was young...a long, long time ago. I hear what you're saying about a disregard of other sections of the Hearts support but that doesn't compute with a lot of supporters, and not only young ones.

Maybe it's psychological. I remember seeing a very good programme about football hooliganism and it was interesting in that it wasn't your usual footage of guys knocking lumps out of each other, but a study of why they did it. It was discovered, through actually talking to them, that they considered themselves bigger supporters than others in the stadium. They were the ones who defended their turf, they were the ones who turned up everywhere to follow their team. They seemed oblivious of any damage to their club's reputation. Very interesting. The club, indeed, have tried to accommodate a signing section but, with a wee bit of hindsight perhaps, it was never going to work. An officially sanctioned singing section....with sanctions ? No, that wasn't going to work. I don't have the answers but this isn't new and will peak and trough as times dictate.

Now, the one dimensional thinkers on here will cry " oooo, you're condoning these neds....! "I'm not but just to react and restrict won't solve any issues our club has. Just needs a bit of intelligent thinking....while accepting no bullshit of course.

Edited by Boab

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Then went back to stalking me again and had to come back and apologise a second time and then went back to stalking me :rofl:

Don't think you want to talk about stalking Frankie boy. ? 

4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Frank - £1,000 plus £500 to a charity of JKB’s choice. Or are you willing to admit you’re wrong and are slandering posters inaccurately? 

You want to bet £1500 that Sir Vlad hasn’t sent me grovelling apology PMs. I’ll take that bet ??

been here before
2 hours ago, maroonexile said:

So, among other things, we literally only sing when we’re winning? And we’re proud of that? 

Its not me and a few few of my mates, I stand with one guy I know, and know a few others around about. It’s a demographic of Hearts supporters that don’t like Hibs coming and singing “15,000 boring b******s” during derbies, or numerous teams singing “where’s your famous atmosphere”. Half of you would be better joining in with them for all the support out players get from you (not you as in personally).

What’s the difference between what you  described N and G doing and what goes on at Dortmund, or Napoli, or St Mirren. Like minded people congregate and sing, it’s how atmosphere is created, it doesn’t just happen.

People in this forum just don’t get it, which is why younger fans don’t use it, and oppose the ‘boring’ style of fandom that’s endorsed here.

tenor.gif.5f8ebe9a8748fe763088f60846632dfa.gif

Edited by been here before

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You want to bet £1500 that Sir Vlad hasn’t sent me grovelling apology PMs. I’ll take that bet ??

I wouldn't if I were you. As I said, I was out of order and apologised, there was no grovelling. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sorry mate , what I obviously meant was Krug and lobster with a side of caviar

Burgundy smoking jacket and bow tie attired 

been here before
7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Take the bet Frank.

Theres no such thing in Scottish law as slander.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I hear you, Red, believe me, I do, but young guys, in a football environment, largely, don't give a **** ! 

I know I didn't when I was young...a long, long time ago. I hear what you're saying about a disregard of other sections of the Hearts support but that doesn't compute with a lot of supporters, and not only young ones.

Maybe it's psychological. I remember seeing a very good programme about football hooliganism and it was interesting in that it wasn't your usual footage of guys knocking lumps out of each other, but a study of why they did it. It was discovered, through actually talking to them, that they considered themselves bigger supporters than others in the stadium. They were the ones who defended their turf, they were the ones who turned up everywhere to follow their team. They seemed oblivious of any damage to their club's reputation. Very interesting. The club, indeed, have tried to accommodate a signing section but, with a wee bit of hindsight perhaps, it was never going to work. An officially sanctioned singing section....with sanctions ? No, that wasn't going to work. I don't have the answers but this isn't new and will peak and trough as times dictate.

Now, the one dimentional thinkers on here will cry " oooo, you're condoning these neds....! "I'm not but just to react and restrict won't solve any issues our club has. Just needs a bit of intelligent thinking....while accepting no bullshit of course.

You're surely not drawing a comparison between our singing section and hooligans? 

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You’ve been proven to be full of ***** mate.

And rather than apologise you’re hiding away. You should never make a claim that you wouldn’t back with money.

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

You're surely not drawing a comparison between our singing section and hooligans? 

That's the one dimensional stuff I was talking about, bud !

:kirk: 

Just now, maroonexile said:

You’ve been proven to be full of ***** mate.

And rather than apologise you’re hiding away. You should never make a claim that you wouldn’t back with money.

Look at the replies to your posts on this thread from dozens of different posters. I’m not the one that’s full of **** mate. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

WTF is it with folk threatening legal action because someone calls you a dick on here lately.

Christ knows mate

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

WTF is it with folk threatening legal action because someone calls you a dick on here lately.

Shut it ya dick

? 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Take the bet Frank.

Theres no such thing in Scottish law as slander.

I’m not taking him to court over it ffs :rofl:

Maybe if I phone the ‘grass line’?

Frank’s made a claim, and I’m offering that bet that he’s wrong, and he’s unwilling to take it. Willing to offer more Frank if that will draw you in?

I know you’ve not got much time for me, so fair enough.

been here before
Just now, maroonexile said:

I’m not taking him to court over it ffs :rofl:

Maybe if I phone the ‘grass line’?

Frank’s made a claim, and I’m offering that bet that he’s wrong, and he’s unwilling to take it. Willing to offer more Frank if that will draw you in?

I know you’ve not got much time for me, so fair enough.

tenor.gif.5f8ebe9a8748fe763088f60846632dfa.gifr