Section G / Section N emails

LewisR5-1

Just now, sadj said:

Id say its probably closer to 80-100 or so split between N and G. Away fans have never taken over even when its a shit atmosphere. Why would they start now. When we play well theres a better atmosphere and thats not going to disappear just cause less than .5% of the crowd get their asses booted and told to behave.

Killie will be heard far above us on Saturday, as normal service over these last 4 years is resumed. 

They’ll be standing, singing and probably carrying on and enjoying themselves. Wonder if Billy Bowie will give them lifetime bans?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonexile

• sadj

• Boab

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

Killie will be heard far above us on Saturday, as normal service over these last 4 years is resumed. 

They’ll be standing, singing and probably carrying on and enjoying themselves. Wonder if Billy Bowie will give them lifetime bans?

probably want be launching flares onto the park though pal.

4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

So, among other things, we literally only sing when we’re winning? And we’re proud of that? 

Its not me and a few few of my mates, I stand with one guy I know, and know a few others around about. It’s a demographic of Hearts supporters that don’t like Hibs coming and singing “15,000 boring b******s” during derbies, or numerous teams singing “where’s your famous atmosphere”. Half of you would be better joining in with them for all the support out players get from you (not you as in personally).

What’s the difference between what you  described N and G doing and what goes on at Dortmund, or Napoli, or St Mirren. Like minded people congregate and sing, it’s how atmosphere is created, it doesn’t just happen.

People in this forum just don’t get it, which is why younger fans don’t use it, and oppose the ‘boring’ style of fandom that’s endorsed here.

The new security isn't be there to stop you singing. It's there stop you throwing things and being knobs. 

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

So, among other things, we literally only sing when we’re winning? And we’re proud of that? 

Its not me and a few few of my mates, I stand with one guy I know, and know a few others around about. It’s a demographic of Hearts supporters that don’t like Hibs coming and singing “15,000 boring b******s” during derbies, or numerous teams singing “where’s your famous atmosphere”. Half of you would be better joining in with them for all the support out players get from you (not you as in personally).

What’s the difference between what you  described N and G doing and what goes on at Dortmund, or Napoli, or St Mirren. Like minded people congregate and sing, it’s how atmosphere is created, it doesn’t just happen.

People in this forum just don’t get it, which is why younger fans don’t use it, and oppose the ‘boring’ style of fandom that’s endorsed here.

It’s not boring to not want folk to chuck fireworks at each other

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

If we play well I don’t agree , however the young team/singing section can still do a job without acting up and they’ve shown they can. As I said I doubt the clubs focus will be on making you sit on your hands with your library book but you probably won’t get as long a leash as before. That or no leash then it fed back over a bit of time. Thats not the clubs fault , its the fault of a few fukwits the last few weeks that have left the club with little choice but to act in order to stop the zoomers 

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Great point.

but what about when the team isn’t winning and not playing that well?

In my experience its exactly the same. When the teams doing poorly and we are playing a category B team section N and section G are as bad as the rest of the stadium. Category A games tend to take care of them self even when we are behind or playing poorly. This is only my opinion ofcourse.

Just now, KineticBeat said:

The new security isn't be there to stop you singing. It's there stop you throwing things and being knobs. 

How many games have things been thrown and by how many people? 

It’s pointless arguing on this forum, because people are quite happy for our atmosphere to be piss poor and for normal fans to be harassed. Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

It’s not boring to not want folk to chuck fireworks at each other

Who endorsed that? Is this a regular occurrence at Tynecastle? Must have missed it over the last 10 years in N.

It’s pointless arguing on this forum, because people are quite happy for our atmosphere to be piss poor and for normal fans to be harassed. Embarrassing.

You are actually. 

Just now, maroonexile said:

Probably more than we realise and by a minority. But sadly the acts of a minority have larger implications for the club. I understand the club's stance on this, I understand the G and N ST holders who are annoyed by this. It is important to note that these measures are for the security and protection of all supporters, players and our pretty new pitch and not to ruin atmosphere. 

It's hopeless quoting you tbh because you can't seem to get you're head around the fact that you can make a good atmosphere without being a dick. 

You keep saying it's pointless but keep arguing with everyone about everything. You love it really 

Just now, jambo3tevie said:

In my experience its exactly the same. When the teams doing poorly and we are playing a category B team section N and section G are as bad as the rest of the stadium. Category A games tend to take care of them self even when we are behind or playing poorly. This is only my opinion ofcourse.

Fair enough mate I myself sit in A which is pretty tame until it’s kicking off on the park but I feel we just lack atmosphere like you say at the smaller games.

sometimes we need it to generate from somewhere and invariably when/if it does start it usually is from those sections or tbf sometimes hospitality in the Gorgie were louder.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

If we play well I don’t agree , however the young team/singing section can still do a job without acting up and they’ve shown they can. As I said I doubt the clubs focus will be on making you sit on your hands wirh your library book but you probably won’t get as long a leash as before. Or no leash then it fed back over a bit of time. Thats not the clubs fault , its the fault of a few ****wits the last few weeks that have left the club with little choice but to act

Why can the club and the police not identify these ****wits sadj? The numerous police in front of N with the video cameras were utterly useless at the derby then. What was their purpose if not to identify these culprits? 

If if they carry on like that they only have themselves to blame, and they will be caught and charged. It’s not the hundreds of other ST holders that unsurprisingly for most of us around there, are being collectively penalised as guilty until proven innocent.

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Doesn’t matter how many games or how many things or by how many. Once could prove to be fatal for someone and the club can’t let that kinda thing happen so have to act. How is it harassing normal fans or anyone accepting a shit atmosphere because they want the rules adhered to enough to not put the club in a bad position with authorities

Why can the club and the police not identify these ****wits sadj? The numerous police in front of N with the video cameras were utterly useless at the derby then. What was their purpose if not to identify these culprits? 

If if they carry on like that they only have themselves to blame, and they will be caught and charged. It’s not the hundreds of other ST holders that unsurprisingly for most of us around there, are being collectively penalised as guilty until proven innocent.

how are the season ticket holders being penalised? they are not being banned, they have a few extra checks to go through.

when i go to gigs (last one being europe at manchester academy) i got searched and had to go through an x-ray machine. there was no trouble at all at the gig but lots of people were searched

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Isn’t that the point of the extra measures? To isolate and identify these people if possible 

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’ll take my own advice here, and stop replying. 

This forum isn’t for active or younger Hearts fans who want to create an atmosphere, and that’s been clear for some months now.

17 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

For someone who gets so angry about slagging Hearts supporters, you do an awful lot of slagging off of Hearts supporters.

32 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Full statement to follow apparently.

Another joint one? Both Edinburgh clubs standing strong against hooliganism?

??

This forum isn’t for active or younger Hearts fans who want to create an atmosphere, and that’s been clear for some months now.

I’m quite active for my age!! :sadrobbo:

You should keep replying because everyone has made some valid points....on both sides !

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

We talked about why the potential reasons they haven’t identified all of the culprits. Tickets being used erroneously or people in seats / positions they shouldn't be. The high profile nature and/or attached costs of recent events would suggest taking a zero tolerance approach to these sections then working back from there. I get being pissed off but its something that kind of has to be done for now until the wronguns are weeded out. 

If you have one or two underagers getting in a club the usual way to prove your doing everything you can is to then ID everyone coming in. Is that shit for the 30year olds who have been going every week for 12 years. Yes course it is but is it a necessary evil to get authorities back on board and weed out the individuals causing the issue. Unfortunately yes 

I’m in lower N.  To me it looks like the club are taking their own measures to ensure the authorities don’t come down too hard on us.  Can see why we would do this 

Edited by Muirhead

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Fair enough mate I myself sit in A which is pretty tame until it’s kicking off on the park but I feel we just lack atmosphere like you say at the smaller games.

sometimes we need it to generate from somewhere and invariably when/if it does start it usually is from those sections or tbf sometimes hospitality in the Gorgie were louder.

Fair play m8, i actualy sit in section G myself and i agree that songs more often than not start in G and N against the smaller teams. It does however peter out quickly based on how the team is doing on the park, but to think these sections are the reason for the atmosphere that tynecastle can create (not aimed at yourself) is doing the 18k supporters elswhere in the stadium a disservice.

1 minute ago, Muirhead said:

I’m in lower N.  To me it looks like the club are taking their own measures to ensure the authorities don’t come down too hard on us.  Can see why we would do this 

I think you are right. Any repetition would potentially mean closure of parts of G/N. 

3 minutes ago, Muirhead said:

Far too sensible a response

All roads lead to Gorgie

I notice the club say they won't be selling tickets for these sections. Sounds like they don't believe it is the regular ST holders but a few heid bangers that only turn up for games such as hibs and Celtic. Maybe the idea of the Gorgie for the singers would not be a bad idea after all but some fans would still have to sit near the unwashed in the Roseburn. 

5 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Fair play m8, i actualy sit in section G myself and i agree that songs more often than not start in G and N against the smaller teams. It does however peter out quickly based on how the team is doing on the park, but to think these sections are the reason for the atmosphere that tynecastle can create (not aimed at yourself) is doing the 18k supporters elswhere in the stadium a disservice.

No probs mate but we do seem to be an entitled support nowadays and a lot of our fans feel we just need to turn up to beat some of these teams.

we need to get the siege mentality back and get right behind the team vocally no matter who we are playing and make it intimidating to play at Tynecastle.

14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

how are the season ticket holders being penalised? they are not being banned, they have a few extra checks to go through.

when i go to gigs (last one being europe at manchester academy) i got searched and had to go through an x-ray machine. there was no trouble at all at the gig but lots of people were searched

Good post apart from admitting you went to see Europe ?

21 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Exactly this, and in order for the club to root out the idiots they have decided to monitor these two sections, and to make it easier to do, have decided to limit the fans in these sections to only the ones who are meant to be there, fair enough. Certainly at big games there are always a lot more fans squeezed into these sections than there should be and if that's what's making identification difficult then they have to take these measures imo. 

1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

They are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. They clearly have CCTV in these areas and have identified and arrested individuals, can they not just do that and stop collectively punishing fans.

At any other club in the league, there would be uproar that innocent fans are being targeted because they sit close to offenders. On here, it’s their own fault? That’s a joke. 

Tynecastle will be back to its library best, and people are delighted? I wonder what action Hibs will take? Bet you nothing like what we have.

Who cares what Hibs do or don't do.

Heart of Midlothian are doing something and I back the club 100% here. If it takes a sledgehammer to crack a nut then so be it. It's quite simple. Even for the hard of thinking. Behave at Tynecastle or suffer the consequences. The club couldn't make it plainer. Ball is firmly in the hard of thinking court.

27 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Stop talking nonsense.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Who cares what Hibs do or don't do.

Hearts do, which is why we were happy to stand alongside them releasing a joint statement regarding fans behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts do, which is why we were happy to stand alongside them releasing a joint statement regarding fans behaviour. 

Because the alternative of different statements and finger pointing would've been so much better?

So many mental urban/stadium myths and have developed from these discussions. Here's my take on some of them:

- You don't have to be standing to contribute to sound or to 'atmosphere'

- You don't have the right to stand anyway, those who get away with it should consider it a privilege. If that privilege is lost, you know exactly who to blame. They take the piss, this is what happens. Time for them to take some responsibility and grow up.

- You don't have to be young to contribute to sound or to 'atmosphere' (the word makes me grimace now actually)

- The 'young team' don't get special privileges just for being young. They're just one group and part of the wide demographic that is the Hearts support, just one part of a big and varied crowd of people. Old folks, people with disabilities, middle aged folks, twenty somethings, teenagers who like to sit, people with asthma, people who can't be arsed with bigoted bollocks and just want to watch a game of football, those who just don't like singing, those who sing really loud from a seated position, people who turn up every once in a while, people who go every week, people with crap eyesight, people with amazing eyesight, whatever. They're all just as important and deserve the same consideration and respect. They turn up, they pay their FOH subs, they buy shares, they spend in the shop, buy pints in the stadium bar, they use hospitality, they eat curry, they drink Bovril, they buy stuff for family too, they help fund special projects via Big Hearts or McCrae's Battalion Trust or they run marathons for Save the Children. They pay for new main stands and fancy new hybrid pitches and memorial gardens and war memorials. This idea that we need to pander to one young group is absolutely crazy, as is the total whiff of entitlement that you get from them - and those who just want to behave like dicks regardless of age. If they can't share the same space as everyone else without being dicks then that's their problem.

- If they chuck a strop at being told off for being dicks, the future of the club is perfectly fine. There's plenty of other young fans who have zero interest in this stuff. 

- we survived 140 odd years without drums, smokebombs and synchronised bouncing, we'll probably survive just fine if it disappears again

*breathes*

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Right bee in your bunnet about the joint statement Nookie. End of a joint statement rightly or wrongly in peoples eyes was probably necessary from a damage limitation aspect. Condemning fans behaviour across the board rather than apportioning blame to one or the other. Dempster was an idiot in her oh i never saw anything untoward in the hibs section. As that then undermined the clubs releasing a statement together. Thats Hibs problem. If we are doing what we can to stop the issue fair play to the club. Leave Hibs to deny the sky is blue and grass is green.   

3 minutes ago, redm said:

So many mental urban/stadium myths and have developed from these discussions.

- You don't have the right to stand anyway, those who get away with it should consider it a privilege. If that privilege is lost, you know exactly who to blame. They take the piss, this is what happens. Time for them to take some responsibility and grow up.

- You don't have to be young to contribute to sound or to 'atmosphere' (the word makes me grimace now actually)

- The 'young team' don't get special privileges just for being young. They're just one group and part of the wide demographic that is the Hearts support, just one part of a big and varied crowd of people. Old folks, people with disabilities, middle aged folks, twenty somethings, teenagers who like to sit, people with asthma, people who can't be arsed with bigoted bollocks and just want to watch a game of football, those who just don't like singing, those who sing really loud from a seated position, people who turn up every once in a while, people who go every week, people with crap eyesight, people with amazing eyesight, whatever. They're all just as important and deserve the same consideration and respect. They turn up, they pay their FOH subs, they buy shares, they spend in the shop, buy pints in the stadium bar, they use hospitality, they eat curry, they drink Bovril, they buy stuff for family too, they help fund special projects via Big Hearts or McCrae's Battalion Trust or they run marathons for Save the Children. They pay for new main stands and fancy new hybrid pitches and memorial gardens and war memorials. This idea that we need to pander to one young group is absolutely crazy, as is the total whiff of entitlement that you get from them - and those who just want to behave like dicks regardless of age. If they can't share the same space as everyone else without being dicks then that's their problem.

- If they chuck a strop at being told off for being dicks, the future of the club is perfectly fine. There's plenty of other young fans who have zero interest in this stuff. 

- we survived 140 odd years without drums, smokebombs and synchronised bouncing, we'll probably survive just fine if it disappears again

*breathes*

Stop being logical and sensible and go back to shouting at Leithers and their use of fireworks ?

However... Well said and points a few are missing unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Because the alternative of different statements and finger pointing would've been so much better?

This... Stand together then follow up on the statement with action. If Hibs want to turn around and say naaaa we were all good let them it won’t be missed by the police moving forward who made the effort and who denied involvement after making the statement.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Right bee in your bunnet about the joint statement Nookie. End of a joint statement rightly or wrongly in peoples eyes was probably necessary from a damage limitation aspect. Condemning fans behaviour across the board rather than apportioning blame to one or the other. Dempster was an idiot in her oh i never saw anything untoward in the hibs section. As that then undermined the clubs releasing a statement together. Thats Hibs problem. If we are doing what we can to stop the issue fair play to the club. Leave Hibs to deny the sky is blue and grass is green.   

Wrongly, mate, imo.

Dempster was happy to say she never seen anything and then was happy to stand with Budge later that day.

We should have released our own statement.

Nelly Terraces

Would love to see some of the feint hearts on here going to a game in Europe - it makes G & N look a WI  coffee morning.

"Oooh theres some smoke & people are STANDING UP AT A FITBA GAME - AAAARGH - flog & jail them!" Bitter old *******s. 

5 minutes ago, redm said:

So many mental urban/stadium myths and have developed from these discussions. Here's my take on some of them:

*breathes*

Drops mic and walks off?????

35 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

It's hopeless quoting you tbh because you can't seem to get you're head around the fact that you can make a good atmosphere without being a dick. 

You’ve summed maroonexile up perfectly there.

30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

For someone who gets so angry about slagging Hearts supporters, you do an awful lot of slagging off of Hearts supporters.

:indeed:

7 minutes ago, redm said:

*breathes*

:clap:

47 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

39 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

If it annoys you so much then go find a Hearts forum more to your ‘tastes’.

This forum is full of thousands of diehard Hearts fans who support the club just as much as you and support the club just as much as you. We just choose to do it without acting like arseholes. 

There’s a reason we’re the number one Hearts forum, the forum that has raised thousands for Big Hearts and FOH, the forum that the club asked to help name the fans’ bar. It’s because the vast majority of us are decent passionate Hearts fans. We’re clearly not your ‘type’ of Hearts fans though so do us all a favour and do one ??

Edited by To Be Frank

10 minutes ago, redm said:

*breathes*

Have you got your breath back, Red ?

It's a good post but the bit about an idea that we need to pander to one young group ? Who's saying that ?

You do something worth getting huckled for, regardless of age, you get huckled......no pandering, jail or ban or whatever !

With respect, saying we do pander is crazy. That would mean people not doing their job properly.

9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Would love to see some of the feint hearts on here going to a game in Europe - it makes G & N look a WI  coffee morning.

"Oooh theres some smoke & people are STANDING UP AT A FITBA GAME - AAAARGH - flog & jail them!" Bitter old *******s. 

Rightly or wrongly you get away with it in Europe more than here. The likes of the stuff going on at Polish games would have government inquiries over here. Thats not bitter oldies nor is it people condemning people standing etc. Its just people saying unfortunately the club had to do something so thats the action chosen so we have to suck it up for the period til people get back on side with us. RedM is right though weve had atmosphere in the oast without the behaviour some are claiming. Losing standing areas is in a large part to blame for drop in atmospheres. I have had to play at Pittodrie a fair few times and the atmosphere there is to me jist as poor as people are saying Tynecastle is.

@Boab My personal opinion isn’t stated but as I said it was probably a necessary evil in light of the actions of both sets of fans. I didn’t realise Dempster had said everything was fine before the statement but thats their perogative and idiotic to say if thats the way it was. Hearts are doing the right thing within the scope of the law and damage limitation to prevent further issues for ourselves. That doesn’t mean the club are wanting a library either.

2 hours ago, maroonexile said:

They are using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. They clearly have CCTV in these areas and have identified and arrested individuals, can they not just do that and stop collectively punishing fans.

At any other club in the league, there would be uproar that innocent fans are being targeted because they sit close to offenders. On here, it’s their own fault? That’s a joke. 

Tynecastle will be back to its library best, and people are delighted? I wonder what action Hibs will take? Bet you nothing like what we have.

And that is why we will always be a better club than that lot.

If they choose to ignore the fact that they also have a problem with the behavior of some of their supporters that is their problem. I for one am delighted that our club takes a different attitude and appears to be acting strongly in attempting to put a stop to it.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If it annoys you so much then go find a Hearts forum more to your ‘tastes’.

This forum is full of thousands of diehard Hearts fans who support the club just as much as you and support the club just as much as you. We just choose to do it without acting like arseholes. 

There’s a reason we’re the number one Hearts forum, the forum that has raised thousands for Big Hearts and FOH, the forum that the club asked to help name the fans’ bar. It’s because the vast majority of us are decent passionate Hearts fans. We’re clearly not your ‘type’ of Hearts fans though so do us all a favour and do one ??

You ready to donate that money to charity for the bet we have, or are you going to just continue to just spout inaccurate pish about various posters? 

That opinion sounds a bit fascist to me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You don’t buy champers your a cheap Aberdonian (as is your birth right) ? more like sip your lambrini or frosty jack quietly... 

Stop destroying the facade  :(