• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonexile

• sadj

• Boab

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The question asked in Parliament yesterday came from the same Celtic supporting MSP who was responsible for the OBF(S)A being repealed.  Very telling that he concentrated entirely on the Lennon incident and made no reference to Zlamal, the Rangers guy who got hit, or the linesman at Livi who got wounded by a coin.  

I do agree that we need to sort out our own house, but it is pretty annoying that everything seems to have gravitated towards Lennoon as if he is some sort of epicentre.  Hibs fans attacked Czech keeper Zlamal.  They have previous for racially abusing Czech player Skacel.  Does this mean that Hibs are a racist club with a particular hatred for the Czech Republic?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It doesn't state that it's against the law, because no such law exists.

As for the statement, I can see why the club have had to make that stance and can't argue with any of it. However, we should absolutely be taking a stand over the behaviour of the last two away supports at Tynecastle. My nephew was hit by a coin thrown from the away end and, if the club are actually serious at combating this problem, perhaps tickets shouldn't be sold for lower M or H for these games either.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It doesn't state that it's against the law, because no such law exists.

As for the statement, I can see why the club have had to make that stance and can't argue with any of it. However, we should absolutely be taking a stand over the behaviour of the last two away supports at Tynecastle. My nephew was hit by a coin thrown from the away end and, if the club are actually serious at combating this problem, perhaps tickets shouldn't be sold for lower M or H for these games either.

Scotland was not bound by law to accept the recommendations of the Taylor report but did so nonetheless; which was fair, given the post-Hillsborough scrutiny on safety.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Scotland was not bound by law to accept the recommendations of the Taylor report but did so nonetheless; which was fair, given the post-Hillsborough scrutiny on safety.

I've picked out a couple of key words there for you. Standing at the football is not illegal.

33 minutes ago, redm said:

I'm not happy at all to lose out on money. Fans of this club have paid 8 million quid to drag it from admin, build a new stand, put in a new pitch and goodness knows what else and these bloody idiots have zero regard for that. Their actions mean we lose out on ticket money, and the new (and super expensive) pitch is damaged. No, I'm not happy about it at all, but it's not the club to blame for any of that. They need to take some sort of preventative action before we get too much attention or restrictive measures placed upon us, rather than ones we choose for ourselves.

Our stadium is bloody brilliant and part of that is down to the proximity of fans to the pitch. These people are potentially about to ruin that for us. And they're costing us money. 

If this is to be the scenario and the club's going to lose money out of it, In my opinion we should be cutting the allocation of celtic and rangers.For years our fans have complained and there has been trouble and also other wrong doings,example kiosks, sectarian singing,flares,smoke bombs, etc yet there has been little done about it.In my opinion I don't see how we can possibly act on a few of our own fans wrong doings and continue to give these mhanks a full stand, to continue their capers. In other words give them the same allocation they give us because at the end of the day it only seems to be against the likes of these clubs our own fans can turn a bit nasty.

6 minutes ago, farin said:

Amazing the amount of people don’t get or understand this tbh, people need to take responsibility for their own actions at games & not resort to whataboutery as an excuse for it. 

With respect, mate, this is where I, and probably a good many others, have a problem. No one is saying we shouldn't get our own house in order, everyone agrees with that, or should ! 

Any chicanery that happens in Tynecastle should come under the same umbrella though. Some of the behaviour of away fans should have resulted in some action, imo. Especially the hooped demons. I'm not aware of any restrictions being imposed on them and some of the stuff they have got up to should, surely, have merited more than a statement of condemnation. That stuff isn't worth the paper it's written on. Simply, if it's inside Tynecastle, it is the club's responsibility. Parity not whataboutery !

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've picked out a couple of key words there for you. Standing at the football is not illegal.

I never said it was I was posting the article to try and help people make up their own mind.

I won't bother in future.

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I asked this the last time someone brought it up.

Can anyone show me the law that states you prevents people from standing up at the football?

REGULATIONS OPERATED WITHIN AND AROUND TYNECASTLE STADIUM (“the Stadium”)

The Club cannot guarantee that the seat of the client or guest will not be affected by adverse weather conditions. Standing is forbidden in seated viewing areas of the Stadium.

As the Stadium is all seated, you may not stand.

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

The Club cannot guarantee that the seat of the client or guest will not be affected by adverse weather conditions. Standing is forbidden in seated viewing areas of the Stadium.

He will come back to you and say it is not written in the law though.?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I’m not aware I made that claim, but if I did I’ll happily stand corrected. ?

Edited by Pistol1874

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If this is to be the scenario and the club's going to lose money out of it, In my opinion we should be cutting the allocation of celtic and rangers.For years our fans have complained and there has been trouble and also other wrong doings,example kiosks, sectarian singing,flares,smoke bombs, etc yet there has been little done about it.In my opinion I don't see how we can possibly act on a few of our own fans wrong doings and continue to give these mhanks a full stand, to continue their capers. In other words give them the same allocation they give us because at the end of the day it only seems to be against the likes of these clubs our own fans can turn a bit nasty.

A lot of these are policing issues, not anything the club can act on. They could reduce numbers but then we lose even more money, and unless it's absolutely necessary, that's just cutting our own nose off to spite our face. Where do we make up that extra cash?

And I don't believe our own fans would have (or will) act any differently if there's a couple of hundred less Celtic fans in the Roseburn. They won't act any differently either. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I never said it was I was posting the article to try and help people make up their own mind.

I won't bother in future.

Yeah, if you could avoid answering questions with the wrong information, that would be grand.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

11 The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly FORBIDDEN. Racial, sectarian, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting is also forbidden and is considered as unacceptable conduct and may result in arrest and a lifetime ban from regulated football matches.

Seems the club don't want people swearing either, yet it still happens without reprisal.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

It's not my fault you couldn't answer my question.

4/10.

3 minutes ago, redm said:

They could reduce numbers but then we lose even more money, and unless it's absolutely necessary, that's just cutting our own nose off to spite our face.

:cornette:

1 minute ago, redm said:

A lot of these are policing issues, not anything the club can act on. They could reduce numbers but then we lose even more money, and unless it's absolutely necessary, that's just cutting our own nose off to spite our face. Where do we make up that extra cash?

And I don't believe our own fans would have (or will) act any differently if there's a couple of hundred less Celtic fans in the Roseburn. They won't act any differently either. 

I would rather have  800 of them in a couple of sections than a full roseburn stand of them and I reckon most hearts fans would agree? Ignoring it and giving them the full Roseburn is not the answer it is not addressing the situation and at the end of the day two wrongs don't make a right 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, if you could avoid answering questions with the wrong information, that would be grand.

Cheers.

11 The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly FORBIDDEN. Racial, sectarian, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting is also forbidden and is considered as unacceptable conduct and may result in arrest and a lifetime ban from regulated football matches.

Seems the club don't want people swearing either, yet it still happens without reprisal.

4/10.

You quoted my post asking what law said you couldnt stand at the football, despite my not claiming such a law existed.

I showed you the ground regulation which covers it and which informed my post about behaviour being tolerated, rather than permitted.

Should that tolerance be reduced or removed, be it for standing, swearing or any other behavioural matter covered by the ground regulations, the perpetrator can legitimately be ejected from the ground. 

None of the foregoing is debatable.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Cheers.

4/10.

I wasn't attempting to answer your question.I posted a link to an article relating to your point for anyone to read that so wished and form their own opinion.

You made an assumption that I was contesting your point about it being in law which I didn't.

I suppose that is the difficulty with making posts on forums unless you make lengthy explanations about what your intentions are then they can be misinterpreted.

In conversation with someone verbally then it is less likely to be misunderstood.

Just now, redm said:

Yes? Something wrong with what I just said? 

Obviously, unless I've totally misunderstood why people keep using that emoji.

There are certain supports in this country who have shown that they can't behave when they come to Tynecastle. If you genuinely believe that no longer selling tickets for G and N, while continuing to give the whole Roseburn to these supporters, will solve the issue at hand, then you're bordering on delusional.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

:cornette:

Phil, what's wrong with you? If you don't mind me saying, you're all over the shop at the moment. I refuse to believe you're on the wind-up, so could you be a bit more erudite and explain in a longer post what it is about the club's response to this problem that's irking you?

22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's a bit rubbish for the people who sit down if the person in front stands up. I guess it's about being a decent person in an all-seated stadium and letting everyone see the match.

3 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

You quoted my post asking what law said you couldnt stand at the football, despite my not claiming such a law existed.

I showed you the ground regulation which covers it and which informed my post about behaviour being tolerated, rather than permitted.

Should that tolerance be reduced or removed, be it for standing, swearing or any other behavioural matter covered by the ground regulations, the perpetrator can legitimately be ejected from the ground. 

None of the foregoing is debatable.

I never said you claimed that law existed. I saw your post and I replied by saying there are things in those regulations that can never be enforced. Standing and swearing being two of them.

I hope the club and the extra stewards posted in Section N don't believe the fans in there will start sitting down at games, because that's not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I would rather have  800 of them in a couple of sections than a full roseburn stand of them and I reckon most hearts fans would agree? Ignoring it and giving them the full Roseburn is not the answer it is not addressing the situation and at the end of the day two wrongs don't make a right 

Do you think 800 of them would behave any differently? Is your personal satisfaction at seeing a smaller number enough to justify losing six figures every year? Say the Roseburn holds around 3000, that's around £70,000 you'd be losing per fixture. £140,000 for two home fixtures. That's a player salary and another half going by last year's average figures. Where do we get that money back from?

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Obviously, unless I've totally misunderstood why people keep using that emoji.

There are certain supports in this country who have shown that they can't behave when they come to Tynecastle. If you genuinely believe that no longer selling tickets for G and N, while continuing to give the whole Roseburn to these supporters, will solve the issue at hand, then you're bordering on delusional.

Um, you'll have to help me here....are you sure you meant to reply to me?

Where exactly did I say any of that? :laugh: 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I never said you claimed that law existed. I saw your post and I replied by saying there are things in those regulations that can never be enforced. Standing and swearing being two of them.

I hope the club and the extra stewards posted in Section N don't believe the fans in there will start sitting down at games, because that's not going to happen.

Nowhere in the statement is the enforcing of sitting-down mentioned. It was mentioned in an off-the-cuff comment by someone earlier in this thread and since then it appears to have grown wings. Can we perhaps wait to see what the club says in the fuller release, and how this turns into practical action for the sections involved, before speculating on what the extra stewards will or will not be policing? By mentioning it here, and continuing to mention it, you're actually turning it into a bigger issue than before and increasing the likelihood that it will be acted on.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Phil, what's wrong with you? If you don't mind me saying, you're all over the shop at the moment. I refuse to believe you're on the wind-up, so could you be a bit more erudite and explain in a longer post what it is about the club's response to this problem that's irking you?

I have no problem with their response at all. It's sad that it came to this but I can see why they've taken the stance they have. I'm more annoyed that, as someone who's had a season ticket in both G and N that the majority who do behave themselves are the ones being tarred with the same brush. Maybe not by the club, but by certain people on JKB.

What I would want to see is a serious commitment from the club that away supporters can not and will not be permitted to take liberties like assaulting our goalkeeper or throwing a microphone into our centre halves face. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's a bit rubbish for the people who sit down if the person in front stands up. I guess it's about being a decent person in an all-seated stadium and letting everyone see the match.

I wouldn't stand at a game if the person behind me was incapable of standing for a full 90 minutes. I very rarely sit down at games, because I usually ask the TO for seats at the back of the stand. This is partially down to the fact I'm too tall for quite a few grounds around the division, but also being on my feet helps during the colder months.

It shouldn't be hard to work around those who don't want to stand at the football and those who do.

Nowhere in the statement is the enforcing of sitting-down mentioned. It was mentioned in an off-the-cuff comment by someone earlier in this thread and since then it appears to have grown wings. Can we perhaps wait to see what the club says in the fuller release, and how this turns into practical action for the sections involved, before speculating on what the extra stewards will or will not be policing? By mentioning it here, and continuing to mention it, you're actually turning it into a bigger issue than before and increasing the likelihood that it will be acted on.

I didn't say the club had said anything about it in the statement. My response was aimed solely at those who believe that people in N and G lower will be sitting down from now on.

28 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Prepared to turn away the money of Hearts supporters, but not that of away supporters.

Don't blame the club - blame the morons.

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If I’m doing this correctly, I didn’t say that you said that I said there was a law. I said you asked for the law, despite my not claiming there was one. ;)

Depending on the approach of police and stewards, there could come a point at which some in N or lower G will have the straight choice of sitting down or not seeing the game.

Edited by Pistol1874

2 minutes ago, jambali said:

Don't blame the club - blame the morons.

This is probably worth quoting a couple of times per page, it really is that simple. 

3 minutes ago, redm said:

Do you think 800 of them would behave any differently? Is your personal satisfaction at seeing a smaller number enough to justify losing six figures every year? Say the Roseburn holds around 3000, that's around £70,000 you'd be losing per fixture. £140,000 for two home fixtures. That's a player salary and another half going by last year's average figures. Where do we get that money back from?

For starters its going to be far easier for stewards and police to control. At the end of the day we are going to punish our own fans for there wrong doings, yet we are going to ignore these mhanks capers which they have been at for years and give them the full Roseburn Is not right in my eyes as I will say again two wrongs do not make a right regardless of how much money we are losing at the end of the day if we are going to punish our own we need to punish them aswell and put the foot down.

11 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I have no problem with their response at all. It's sad that it came to this but I can see why they've taken the stance they have. I'm more annoyed that, as someone who's had a season ticket in both G and N that the majority who do behave themselves are the ones being tarred with the same brush. Maybe not by the club, but by certain people on JKB.

What I would want to see is a serious commitment from the club that away supporters can not and will not be permitted to take liberties like assaulting our goalkeeper or throwing a microphone into our centre halves face.

Thanks. I actually feel the opposite, disappointed that other people in the two sections involved are being affected by the actions of a minority. I'm certainly not tarring them with the same brush. Hopefully the club will carry on a continuous dialogue with the supporters and we'll get this sorted out.

I'm not sure whether it's something you would like to do, but given your concerns at the lack of mention by the club of a response to unsocial and criminal behaviour from visiting fans, have you thought about writing to the club and ask them what they are going to do about that? I for one would be interested in the response - I am very much a "let's get our own house in order" sort of guy, but I would also want to see measures taken to protect our fans, our stadium and our players/staff from the actions of certain visiting supporters. Increasing CCTV surveillance, the cordoning off of seats directly behind the keeper, asking visiting teams to provide their own stewards, etc. are all actions that could be taken.

Edited by redjambo

32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Firstly, Bongo made this point about Hearts still giving (I assume) Celtic the full Roseburn section, despite the actions of their own supporters being less than rosy.

23 minutes ago, redm said:

Then you made an excuse for why we should continue to give them the full Roseburn. Including a post further on giving us some lovely sums about how we'd lose a players salary or something by limiting the number of tickets they get.

5 minutes ago, redm said:

Um, you'll have to help me here....are you sure you meant to reply to me?

Where exactly did I say any of that? :laugh: 

So your post comes across as someone wringing their hands as if it's not up to Hearts to sort out what's going on in the Roseburn Stand during the visits of the Old Firm and our shitehawk neighbours over the road, but rather it's down to the police. That we should continue to give them every available seat, because we're no better than the shite like Kilmarnock who'll do all they can to take the Old Firms silver.

It seems like you're perfectly happy to see Hearts supporters hammered for their behaviour, but not that of Celtic, Rangers or Hibs.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I didn't say the club had said anything about it in the statement. My response was aimed solely at those who believe that people in N and G lower will be sitting down from now on.

Well it's a possibility that this will be enforced, and it may be in fact for a short while, who knows, but I would imagine that the club and the stewards will be realistic in their expectations and focussed on the actual behaviour that is causing the issue as well as the specific individuals involved.

Thanks. I actually feel the opposite, disappointed that other people in the two sections involved are being affected by the actions of a minority. I'm certainly not tarring them with the same brush. Hopefully the club will carry on a continuous dialogue with the supporters and we'll get this sorted out.

I'm not sure whether it's something you would like to do, but given your concerns at the lack of mention by the club of a response to unsocial and criminal behaviour from visiting fans, have you thought about writing to the club and ask them what they are going to do about that? I for one would be interested in the response - I am very much a "let's get our own house in order" sort of guy, but I would also want to see measures taken to protect our fans, our stadium and our players/staff from the actions of certain visiting supporters. Increase CCTV surveillance, the cordoning off of seats directly behind the keeper, asking visiting supporters to provide their own stewards, etc. are all actions that could be taken.

I've made my feelings known to a couple of people at the club already. I do agree that people causing any kind of trouble should be punished, appropriately for their misdemeanour, but there should be a level of protection afforded to those of us who choose to have our season tickets in these areas and are more likely to bit hit by a missile than throw one ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

If I’m doing this correctly, I didn’t say that you said that I said there was a law. I said you asked for the law, despite my not claiming there was one. ;)

Depending on the approach of police and stewards, there could come a point at which some in N or lower G will have the straight choice of sitting down or not seeing the game.

Hearts would have to be very careful making that call, though. There are a lot of people who spend a lot of time and money watching Hearts, home and away, and to be threatened with ejection for merely standing up would drive a lot of that business away.

You'd be left with no choice but to start throwing people out from the away end for standing up as well.

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Firstly, Bongo made this point about Hearts still giving (I assume) Celtic the full Roseburn section, despite the actions of their own supporters being less than rosy.

Then you made an excuse for why we should continue to give them the full Roseburn. Including a post further on giving us some lovely sums about how we'd lose a players salary or something by limiting the number of tickets they get.

So your post comes across as someone wringing their hands as if it's not up to Hearts to sort out what's going on in the Roseburn Stand during the visits of the Old Firm and our shitehawk neighbours over the road, but rather it's down to the police. That we should continue to give them every available seat, because we're no better than the shite like Kilmarnock who'll do all they can to take the Old Firms silver.

It seems like you're perfectly happy to see Hearts supporters hammered for their behaviour, but not that of Celtic, Rangers or Hibs.

Spot on ? as far as I'm aware rules of the stadium applies to both sets of fans although im beginning to wonder.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Well it's a possibility that this will be enforced, and it may be in fact for a short while, who knows, but I would imagine that the club and the stewards will be realistic in their expectations and focussed on the actual behaviour that is causing the issue as well as the specific individuals involved.

I've seen stewards come into G/N previously to get people sat down in their seats and it was, for the most part, laughed off. I don't see any reason why tomorrow would be any different tbh. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Selkirkhmfc1874
58 minutes ago, farin said:

Amazing the amount of people don’t get or understand this tbh, people need to take responsibility for their own actions at games & not resort to whataboutery as an excuse for it. 

This

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Okay, you could have just asked the question rather than send sneering faces.

I think it's partly up to Hearts in that we could look at security and items brought into the stadium but the majority of things that they do (as mentioned earlier in thread) are things that only the police can really follow up. 1000 or 3000 they'll still sing about the IRA and throw smokebombs. Not sure what needs to be done when hibs visit? Do you want to reduce their numbers too? We'd only receive a reduced number at Easter Road in return.

As for taking their silver, we're hardly giving them our stadium. They get one stand. I don't see the point in losing 6 figures just to experience exactly the same shit from them, albeit on a marginally smaller scale. It'll make very little impact in real terms on anything other than our income. I don't get the point of it.

4 minutes ago, redm said:

Okay, you could have just asked the question rather than send sneering faces.

I think it's partly up to Hearts in that we could look at security and items brought into the stadium but the majority of things that they do (as mentioned earlier in thread) are things that only the police can really follow up. 1000 or 3000 they'll still sing about the IRA and throw smokebombs. Not sure what needs to be done when hibs visit? Do you want to reduce their numbers too? We'd only receive a reduced number at Easter Road in return.

As for taking their silver, we're hardly giving them our stadium. They get one stand. I don't see the point in losing 6 figures just to experience exactly the same shit from them, albeit on a marginally smaller scale. It'll make very little impact in real terms on anything other than our income. I don't get the point of it.

So what's the point in limiting ticket sales for G and N then? Since it doesn't matter how many people are there.

Let's just give them every available seat and let the missiles continue to fly. As long as we get that extra handful of silver, who cares?

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've made my feelings known to a couple of people at the club already. I do agree that people causing any kind of trouble should be punished, appropriately for their misdemeanour, but there should be a level of protection afforded to those of us who choose to have our season tickets in these areas and are more likely to bit hit by a missile than throw one ourselves.

Hearts would have to be very careful making that call, though. There are a lot of people who spend a lot of time and money watching Hearts, home and away, and to be threatened with ejection for merely standing up would drive a lot of that business away.

You'd be left with no choice but to start throwing people out from the away end for standing up as well.

I’m hoping that there is a collective deep breath and it doesn’t come to that. 

If the pyro stuff disappears, so might much of the other stuff, it seems clear that it’s that which is the step too far.

2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’m hoping that there is a collective deep breath and it doesn’t come to that. 

If the pyro stuff disappears, so might much of the other stuff, it seems clear that it’s that which is the step too far.

You won't see any more pyro until the Rangers game in December.

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

There's such a divide in our support its frightening

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

That small number is causing a big stir. Only have to look on a few threads on here to see people continuously at each others throats.

If you’re basing this on what happens on kickback then I wouldn’t worry. Kickback is totally not reflective of real Hearts fans and represents a tiny percentage of the Hearts support.

Apparently. :whistling:

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You won't see any more pyro until the Rangers game in December.

I’d tend to agree, but anyone daft enough to be responsible can expect consequences.

47 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn't stand at a game if the person behind me was incapable of standing for a full 90 minutes. I very rarely sit down at games, because I usually ask the TO for seats at the back of the stand. This is partially down to the fact I'm too tall for quite a few grounds around the division, but also being on my feet helps during the colder months.

It shouldn't be hard to work around those who don't want to stand at the football and those who do.

Good post. 

The rules of Tynecastle need to be applied to ALL supporters, as stated on the clubs’ website. 

Which part of N threw the coin? ^_^

portobellojambo1
52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good post. 

The rules of Tynecastle need to be applied to ALL supporters, as stated on the clubs’ website. 

Which part of N threw the coin? ^_^

I always thought, possibly incorrectly, that the home club in any game were effectively responsible for maintaining/enforcing/determining (not sure which terminology covers it best) matters within their stadium for all fans present, irrespective of who they were there to support. I remember hearing something at a meeting I was at once which was effectively an admission that the police cannot or will not enforce things as they should be when the likes of Celtic are in town, because of the numbers and potential reaction in the event of them (the police) looking to take action. I get the impression that the taken approach nowadays is to film everything and take action later. If sufficient punishment isn't dished out I would imagine it creates a situation where those considering causing problems are less worried about it being picked up on

In terms of your second point I, without hoping to sound too serious at the time, was talking to someone about this during the week and said to them "it did look, given where he (Lennon) was struck by the coin that it must have come from somewhere not far behind the dugouts". The main problem I then had was that one area in the sort of region I was thinking of is the directors box, and I don't think it came from there.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, farin said:

The club aren’t responsible for what away fans sing/shout/throw or damage tbh. The police & stewards are employed by us to manage that. It’s debatable how effective they are at certain high profile games though but the match commanders report is read & discussed at board level on these issues. 

I’d Email the club directly with any concerns that you have though. ?? 

After reading the latest statement, I feel an e-mail may be fruitless !

Your right about it being debatable how effective the old bill and stewards are at high profile games. It's an exercise in futility. I've seen a few coppers being asked what they were going to about behaviour in the away ends, esp the hooped demons. Felt sorry for them as it's not their call. 

An analogy of getting our house in order ? " Aye, let's get this place in order but keep that door closed, we don't go in that room ! "

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I always thought, possibly incorrectly, that the home club in any game were effectively responsible for maintaining/enforcing/determining (not sure which terminology covers it best) matters within their stadium for all fans present, irrespective of who they were there to support. I remember hearing something at a meeting I was at once which was effectively an admission that the police cannot or will not enforce things as they should be when the likes of Celtic are in town, because of the numbers and potential reaction in the event of them (the police) looking to take action. I get the impression that the taken approach nowadays is to film everything and take later. If sufficient punishment isn't dished out I would imagine it creates a situation where those considering causing problems are less worried about it being picked up on

In terms of your second point I, without hoping to sound too serious at the time, was talking to someone about this during the week and said to them "it did look, given where he (Lennon) was struck by the coin that it must have come from somewhere not far behind the dugouts". The main problem I then had was that one area in the sort of region I was thinking of is the directors box, and I don't think it came from there.

Cheers PJ

I do wonder if this story has a dramatic late twist, where cameras show Ann Budge reaching for her purse...