• Sexton Hardcastle

• Homme

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Is there away goals tonight?

No. 

It's effectively become a one off final on neutral ground (country and continent). 

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Away goals do not count double and no ET, straight to penalties

Are both those rules standard for this competition or added because of the Madrid element?

Straight to penalties seems odd...only really used when teams can't be bothered with the tournament, or the result isn't that important.

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

Looks like it's not just Scottish referees who make it up as they go along.

Technically it's the right decision if he deemed that dangerous play. 

12 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Good points.  I like Tim Vickery too. Really knowledgeable and seems like a good bloke.

If Madrid ever play a league game anywhere else but Spain I'll burn my Segio Ramos boxers and never watch them again.

?

Shanks said no

I was talking nonsense it seems as was The Sun

Does the Copa Libertadores final have extra time?
Extra time is not played in South American club competitions.

River Plate vs Boca Juniors will go straight to penalties if a winner can't be found in 90 minutes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7807155/river-vs-boca-copa-libertadores-final-away-goals/

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

luckyBatistuta
Just now, VALDOS said:

If this goes to pens i fear for the guy who misses, he possibly needs to have a quick think about where he lives from tonight on.

Yup, wouldn’t want to play my football over there, some scary stuff.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

These guys go all in on the dramatic reactions when they're tackled like. 

Think it’s broken, looks broken, must be broken

Maidana doesn’t look like a centre half many forwards would enjoy playing against. 

The skill level in the game is fantastic though. Every player on the pitch has a great first touch, even when the ball is coming to them at serious pace. 

Ach....wanted to enjoy the 'cruel heartbreak' of penalties...my favourite outcome in game where I care not a jot about either team...

12 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Keeper up with 6 minutes left :lol:

Thought he had just decided to play in midfield for the rest of the game there!

3 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

That commentator was so bad he makes Rob McLean sound like David Begg.

Lol watched it in Spanish. More authentic ?

Watched it on Freesports channel. Don't know who the commentator was but he carried the entire game. No "experts" in a studio, no sidekick during play, just him. Did a superb job. 

Fantastic match. As a neutral, I don't think I've enjoyed a live game that much since I was a kid. 

What an advert for the game, that was a  brilliant 120 minutes of football. 1 touch football played at pace and the ball was hardly of the grass all game. I hope CL was watching.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Sneckiejambo said:

What an advert for the game, that was a  brilliant 120 minutes of football. 1 touch football played at pace and the ball was hardly of the grass all game. I hope CL was watching.

For **** sake 

William H. Bonney
8 hours ago, Sneckiejambo said:

I hope he was watching too. For no other reason than the fact that he would have enjoyed it. 

Stephane Grappelli

Funny to think that the South American Champions were decided at the Bernabéu on Sunday and the current European Champions are playing there tonight kent mean.

Was there at the weekend, went to Valencia v Sevilla and then Alcorcón v Reus and River V Boca on the Sunday.

it was crazy, stadium was full one hour before the game and never experienced an atmosphere like it. It was unreal the volume which was constant for 4 hours. We were in with the River fans behind the goal and spoke to many of them who had travelled across from South America just for the game and didn’t know if they would have jobs or wives to go back to but couldn’t miss their biggest ever game. Many of them were in tears at full time. 

Would love to go go to South America to experience more of that. An unforgettable weekend.