Copa Libertadores

Sexton Hardcastle

Just watched footage of the bus arriving. Seems beyond belief that there would not be massive security in place to avoid such an eventuality. Astonishing lack of organisation! 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Sexton Hardcastle

• Homme

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is there an hour's time difference to be taken into account with regards to the times being announced. A message just popped up on Freesport to say that the game has been put back to 21:20, which doesn't fit in with the time you have quoted above.

Just going on what Delaney is tweeting within the ground.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

22.15 for now but with this mob it will change again.

Cheers. Suits me as I will be home by then. 

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Just going on what Delaney is tweeting within the ground.

Freesport have just updated their onscreen message and it has now changed to 22:15. Apologies if I seemed to be disbelieving you in any way, certainly wasn't my intention.

Sexton Hardcastle
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Freesport have just updated their onscreen message and it has now changed to 22:15. Apologies if I seemed to be disbelieving you in any way, certainly wasn't my intention.

No worries squire. Pretty fascinating keeping tabs on this. Drs claiming they gave everyone the all clear and release a statement and then Boca claim they denied the doctors access to the players.

2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

No worries squire. Pretty fascinating keeping tabs on this. Drs claiming they gave everyone the all clear and release a statement and then Boca claim they denied the doctors access to the players.

Probably trying to claim they aren't intimidated.

Perth to Paisley

Freeport used to be on ch95 on the BT box....seems to have disappeared?

Edited by Perth to Paisley
Sp

2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Freeport used to be on ch95 on the by box....disappeared?

It's on 64 if you've retuned recently. I can't even get it so I'll be pathetically watching it on my phone.

Some quotes from reluctant Boca players via Caracol Deportes. 

Carlos Tevez: “We are not in a position to play the game, they are forcing us to play the game. Pablo has a patch in his eye.” 

Fernando Gago: “We were very surprised, many players suffered, we struggled to breathe. It’s not the best way to prepare a game.”

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Boca told they are disqualified if they don’t play. Game pushed back another twenty mins.

Bonkers.

Hopefully not repeating the 1985 "you have to play the game to keep the peace". 

Players injured and one reported to be be going to hospital.

14 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Boca players need to man up and remember they're in a final. Should give them an extra wee bit of motivation.

Yeah

I've always wondered why people threatened etc can't just act like nothing happened 

Can see this game ending up in a bloodbath. Appears to be little sympathy from River, so any chance of a mutual protest seems out the window.

16 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Boca players need to man up and remember they're in a final. Should give them an extra wee bit of motivation.

That's an easy perspective from a nice comfy couch though, you'd feel different if you'd been in a bus that had been pelted with dozens of missiles, had the windows tanned and breathed in tear gas. Small chance that might affect even you I reckon!

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, Homme said:

Football wise I can't see past a River win. Especially now after what's happened.

Certainly the better side in the first leg. Could have been out of sight.

If Boca did somehow win this it would be remarkable and utter carnage. The fall out will go on and on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Football wise I can't see past a River win. Especially now after what's happened.

Thought they looked a far more organised team in the first leg 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Thought they looked a far more organised team in the first leg 

Me too. Wanted Boca to win and still do mind you. Just think River are the better outfit.

25 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Some of these guys are out of the game it seems 

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Want a boca win for the seethe it would cause inside the stadium. 

If that is the security their authorities have for the bus arriving I dread to think what could happen to the Boca players and staff if they win it in River's backyard

3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

If that is the security their authorities have for the bus arriving I dread to think what could happen to the Boca players and staff if they win it in River's backyard

:pleasing: let’s hope we find out . 

Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Shouldn't it have kicked off by now? 

Players haven’t even warmed up yet, only the refs.

Imagine another statement soon.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I hope people aren't thinking Boca are a little cuddly club and River are the nasty bad guys. On this occasion yes but neither support are sweethearts.

Expected it to kick off on the park tonight 

Suppose this was predictable