Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)

redjambo

Andrew Dallas evidence probably will help us given it was nothing and over quickly and he will have seen worse. Or he is really is a tube. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Victorian

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Andrew Dallas evidence probably will help us given it was nothing and over quickly and he will have seen worse. Or he is really is a tube. 

Dallas isnt able to ref games at this level as has been proven regularly did that have an effect? Id say yes to a degree but that can’t be admitted by the SFA so chances are they will back their man and his lunacy and make examples of Hearts and Hibs.... South of Scotland league after Christmas it is.....

All roads lead to Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Both thrown out the league.

Examples must be made.

That would be tremendous news. Thrown out a tinpot league and no more Bobby Maddens:)

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dallas isnt able to ref games at this level as has been proven regularly did that have an effect? Id say yes to a degree but that can’t be admitted by the SFA so chances are they will back their man and his lunacy and make examples of Hearts and Hibs.... South of Scotland league after Christmas it is.....

The thing that would bother me is if we get a big fine when

1. It was nothing

2. Biggest actual fine for this offence has been £300 (with £150 suspended) which was a rammy where 3 players were sent off. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Rudolf said:

There was a bigger rammy after Arfield tried to decapitate Bobby. 

Is the lack of action because Sevco were involved?

Tough question to answer that one. :levein_interesting:

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

They don't have a time limit on taking action 

Waiting to see how Rangers v Celtic game before New Year goes 

Edited by Mikey1874

avhudtheteeshirt
3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

If any action was to take place it would be Hearts in the dock again, as it was our players who took Arfield into the back of the net!!!!

• redm changed the title to Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)
50 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

If any action was to take place it would be Hearts in the dock again, as it was our players who took Arfield into the back of the net!!!!

after Arnfield had kicked our keeper into the back of the net.....

26 minutes ago, redm said:

Bet Craig was thrilled to be dragged all the way through to Hampden for that. ?

Yeah. I always think that. Whole day lost. 

No wonder for example he says contract talk start after the games are finished for winter break. 

It’s farcical that it went this far. Seriously, how random was that? An incident that happens every single week and often far worse... why was this brought before the SFA? ?

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:18, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sometimes you need to put your hands up and admit you were wrong 

we should be heavily punished for this and will hopefully accept whatever sanctions with the dignity befitting heart of Midlothian 

craig leveins a passionate man buts he's setting a really bad example here

there was a family near me in the wheatfield who were quite upset by the players conduct 

I don't think they would be the only one either

Your thoughts today?

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s farcical that it went this far. Seriously, how random was that? An incident that happens every single week and often far worse... why was this brought before the SFA? ?

The thing is, what they alleged is true, it did happen. There was a confrontation and at least three players from each side were involved. So once charges were brought (which I don't agree with, I don't like such a simplistic rule) how could they be dismissed when we all saw it happen?

I don't get what's happened here. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The thing is, what they alleged is true, it did happen. There was a confrontation and at least three players from each side were involved. So once charges were brought (which I don't agree with, I don't like such a simplistic rule) how could they be dismissed when we all saw it happen?

There is clearly something else going on in the background. As you say, they were doing what they were charged with. The questions are:

1) why was this case brought in front of the SFA and not all the others?

2) why was it dropped?

You have to look at other issues that are taking place right now and see if there’s a connection. Lots of coverage about how refs are getting abused at the moment... there was a story about it on Reporting Scotland. You have to think there’s something more to all of this, and something is in the pipeline.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Your thoughts today?

Think it was as sarcasm. 

Completely pointless excercise. 

Imagine incidents like this getting reported every week. 

10 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There is clearly something else going on in the background. As you say, they were doing what they were charged with. The questions are:

1) why was this case brought in front of the SFA and not all the others?

2) why was it dropped?

You have to look at other issues that are taking place right now and see if there’s a connection. Lots of coverage about how refs are getting abused at the moment... there was a story about it on Reporting Scotland. You have to think there’s something more to all of this, and something is in the pipeline.

I am guessing but Hibs seem to have lawyers who are very on the ball given the lack of punishment for them in the past.

I suspect that they outwitted the SFA as per usual and as we were accused of the same offence we got off as well.

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, DVB said:

I am guessing but Hibs seem to have lawyers who are very on the ball given the lack of punishment for them in the past.

I suspect that they outwitted the SFA as per usual and as we were accused of the same offence we got off as well.

You're not taking The Petrie Influence into account though.

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

"Involved" as they were all on the park

Only really 1 player was in any way aggressive which was Jimmy Dunne and again any tough tackle or foul will get a reaction from team mates. 

2 hours ago, DVB said:

It was because there was nothing in the incident. 

Maybe they just realised it's a really stupid rule and too silly to apply in any practical or sensible way.

Wouldn't surprise me if we just didn't hear about rule 204 ever again.  

• 3 months later...
Craig Herbertson

Surely this daft ruling should be coming up again. Celtic and Rangers must be charged be charged with confrontation. The incident was far more serious and.toxic.than our wee squabble.

Or am I being naive?

Edited by Craig Herbertson

3 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Surely this daft ruling should be coming up again. Celtic and Rangers must be charged be charged with confrontation. The incident was far more serious and.toxic.than our wee squabble.

Or am I being naive?

It is good to still be an optimist at your age

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Or am I being naive?

Craig. I think your last sentence is spot on. That they won't be charged.

17 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Or am I being naive?

Ross Co and ICT both fined £2500 for being in breach of Rule 204 during their SC game in February. 

Four bookings as a result of our stramash on Saturday and only one booking (that I know of) after Sunday’s absolute free for all. Guaranteed that if they get done, Hearts and Aberdeen will receive at least the same punishment, possibly more.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Four bookings as a result of our stramash on Saturday and only one booking (that I know of) after Sunday’s absolute free for all. Guaranteed that if they get done, Hearts and Aberdeen will receive at least the same punishment, possibly more.

And that was worse than Hearts v Hibs which was just Jimmy Dunne running in.