Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)

redjambo

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Victorian

brunoatemyhamster

Dear Vlad.

Hope you are well.

Don't be a stranger.

Fancy writing us some club statements from your bolthole ? 

Love Always

Bruno.

So by laying this charge on Hearts and Hibs the SFA are admitting their officials lost control and allowed the confrontation to develop.

3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a nonsense. There’s no danger by early November this was the first opportunity to implement this rule. 

FWIW I think they’re done this because neither club will be charged for the coin throwing/punch incidents.  Neither Rangers (coin throwing) or Aberdeen (the guy hitting Jimmy Dunne) were charged by the SFA IIRC?

I think you're on the right track here. They've probably decided that the clubs can't be held responsible for one-off incidents like the coin-throwing and supporter attacks, so they've thumbed through the rule book looking for something to get us with. There's absolutely no way that this "confrontation" rule can be applied objectively though, and so it won't. Can of worms being opened here. Sincerely hoping we appeal it, citing other games that have taken place where similar behaviour has occurred (and as has been pointed out, there are a great many of these).

Maybe if Andrew Dallas didnt bottle it with the Bartley challenge the incident wouldnt have happened but then again Kamberi likes to throw his weight about against the smaller guys as well. McGregor had a go at Morrison in the first few minutes as well and nothing was done. Both penalty claims as well if outside the box its a foul but because its a big physical Hearts player he has made a back for the defender. Some of the yellow cards we pick up for the same fouls as other team players get away with is ridiculous. Two fouls on Mitchell against Celtic should have been cards but no action taken.

We have this problem were other managers keep going on about Hearts being a big physical team but I dont reckon we are any bigger or any more phsical than any other team in the league. All it does is give the opponents cart blanche to constantly go in hard on any Hearts player they see fit with little or no reprimand. 

I wonder how many times we have been charged with a rule that no other team has ever been charged with.

Shhhhh!!  Don't mention Torbett.  Nothing to see here.  Nothing to get exCIted about.

Tear into these Edinburgh clubs because one of their players committed a foul.

This new bint is a pain in the rectum. Compliance officer my arse. Complete joke and they need to get rid of her. Completely ridiculous charges , absolute nonsense and I hope both clubs ‘when’ found guilty , refuse to pay and do what Levein did many moons ago and make them look the corrupt / unethical / useless shower that they are. They can GTF

Edited by 1971fozzy

27 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

I'll be raging if we pay any fine for this.

See them in court.

Rule 204 relates to "where three or more players and/or members of team staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of team staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match."

I made it that big for easy finding when it eventually come back to bite them.

That is literally EVERY corner kick in a match ??

This is a nonsense. 

They did nothing about the cup final pitch invasions, but now have a rule for a few handbags during a game. 

Can tell it's Christmas party season!

Am I right in thinking as this is the SFA then the SPFL are still to bring their charges for the punch and coin incident ?

if this is the SFA charge then they will be doing it every week then. That Shitehole Hampden has to be paid for somehow eh

28 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

It'll be rule 205 .

And the ink wont even be dry on that one either.

I have had a look at the "rules" and have found 204 on page 96 of this document

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1823/judicial-panel-protocol-2017-18.pdf

interestingly "rule" 205 on page 97 relates to one side crowding the ref which relates to a question about Hamilton Accies.

I did have a quick look for the Steve McLean "act of brutality" wording from the semi but have yet to find that bit

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Ridiculous. Actually comical. 

Expect Levein to roast those idiots in his press conference. 

Be a joint effort. Might depend on Budge and Dempster. But Lennon and Levein might both rip them. 

6 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

This is a nonsense. 

They did nothing about the cup final pitch invasions, but now have a rule for a few handbags during a game. 

Can tell it's Christmas party season!

Absolutely nailed it.  This should be used in court when we tell them to stick their fine up their farters. The cover / sweep up over that cup final was an absolute disgrace and made last Wednesday look like Sunday school picnic.

i detest the football authorities here. Fekin well detest them 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Be a joint effort. Might depend on Budge and Dempster. But Lennon and Levein might both rip them. 

Budge and Dempster need to get a joint statement out about this and by that I mean a proper bloody statement. 

Managers should stay out of it (especially as Lennon is all over the place and can’t be trusted to water plants never mind speak sense)

Edited by 1971fozzy

haveyouheard 22
34 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a nonsense. There’s no danger by early November this was the first opportunity to implement this rule. 

FWIW I think they’re done this because neither club will be charged for the coin throwing/punch incidents.  Neither Rangers (coin throwing) or Aberdeen (the guy hitting Jimmy Dunne) were charged by the SFA IIRC?

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Edinburgh City FC

Friday 2 November 2018

Alleged Party in Breach: Edinburgh City FC

Match: Queens Park FC v Edinburgh City FC

Date: 22 September 2018

Competition: Scottish League Two

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 1 November 2018

Response date: 4 October 2018

Outcome: Admitted. Censure.

7 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Friday 2 November 2018

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match.

Alloa got a £100 fine for game v Falkirk

Clyde got a suspended £250 fine

Hawick Royal Albert have a hearing on Nov 22

Edited by Mikey1874

Holyrood_Hearts
11 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Friday 2 November 2018

I stand corrected! 

Glasgow based media go mental about all the incidents at the Edinburgh derby and declare that something must be done to punish Hearts and Hibs.

Glasgow based SFA give in to the media presure and after watching the match a few dozen times and scouring the rule book, they finally come up with this.

1 minute ago, Commander lovemuscle said:

"Exuberance"  Am I doing this right ?

Well, Hibs were involved !

Should be no action scenario !

32 minutes ago, Boab said:

Every now and again you need a wee reminder of their corruption. 

They never disappoint !

This.

I predict our next 3 charges will be:

1.   Excessive tackling.

2.   Bringing throw-ins into disrepute.

3.   Illegal use of pitch sprinklers.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Looking forward to a season of Confrontation Watch. What's the odds on this being the only occasion it's punished?

Will Kate Humble be hosting it ❤️❤️

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

1.   Excessive tackling.

To be fair, number 2 is an option with that towel nonsense that we've started doing. 

BBC Sportsound have just said plural confrontations.

And SPFL delegate still to provide report which will cover the coin throwing etc. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

For confrontations? Well every rantic Derby should be a moneyspinner for our esteemed football authorities. 

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

1.   Excessive tackling.

4. Swinging On The Bar

5. Attempting to cover up blood via use of a maroon jersey.

Neil Doncaster, The SFA Compliance Officer, Dave King, and Peter Lawwel walk in to a bar.

A twenty pound kitty is agreed. 

Doncaster agrees to hold the kitty, and charges 40% of the total amount to do so.

Peter Lawwel gets Doncaster to cover his share for him.

The Compliance Officer goes over to a table where Hearts and Hibs are sitting having a drink, minding their own business, and robs them both at knife-point.

Dave King nicks the kitty and ****s off to South Africa.

Hibs.net

We did nothing wrong our charge should be thrown out , Hearts should be up on charges every week , this is only being done as Lennon is our manager so as to sicken him and make him quit. Its only being done to distract from the sectarian behaviour of some. Smith should be brought up on charges for trying to elbow Boyle and then trying to kick him off the ball

Not enough facepalms!!!

14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

4. Swinging On The Bar

5. Attempting to cover up blood via use of a maroon jersey.

6.  Excessive use of towels 

This feels orchestrated to continue to push the weegie agenda, ie the "look over there at those few bad boys and ignore our thousands of bigots and racists".

How they do they define a ‘confrontation’?

Is it just three players from each team shouting at each other or do they have to be pushing and shoving.

also can anyone report incidents to the Compliance Officer? Can I drop them a weekly email with my view on the misdemeanours from the latest games?

Bridge of Djoum
52 minutes ago, Victorian said:

1.   Excessive tackling.

''Fans are too handsome''

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hibs.net

We did nothing wrong our charge should be thrown out , Hearts should be up on charges every week , this is only being done as Lennon is our manager so as to sicken him and make him quit. Its only being done to distract from the sectarian behaviour of some. Smith should be brought up on charges for trying to elbow Boyle and then trying to kick him off the ball

Not enough facepalms!!!

Thats the problem with that lot. They refuse to take any responsibility for anything, and screech in outrage, while the same charge against us receives nodding and mumbled agreement. Cretins to a man.

They have been busy little bees recently trying to damage our reputation as much as possible, and make out they are bastions of justice and righteousness. They just gloss over their racism, paedo bantz, cancer-mocking, keeper punching, key throwing, anus-finger banging, and pitch invading, and then act all shocked when Scottish Football don’t see them they way they think they should. ****ing morons.

Other forthcoming charges:

. Breathing out heavily to try and influence the rotation of the coin during the coin toss.

. Staring at the referee in an unusual way at half-time.

. Members of the managerial team coughing without due care or attention.

• redm changed the title to Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)