Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)

redjambo

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Beast Boy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Victorian

Curious. 

I heard Berra said there was nothing it in but from my angle Kamberi's challenge was a definite yellow and could have been a straight red.

Hibs were the main aggressors. And plenty of similar incidents take place in games. 

Another summer rule change?

Edited by Mikey1874

Overall the main element this season in Compliance Officer citings and decisions made has been inconsistency. 

Just carrying on that here. Ref dealt with it at the time as well. 

Good luck with that.  I can guarantee you in most games there will be confrontations that involve more than three players from each team.

Once again, we’re the ****ing guinea pigs for a new rule that will probably be abolished in time for the next OF game!

Edited by Gashauskis9

It really is becoming a joke now. Confrontation WTF are they on about. The incidents in this game have been blown way out of proportion On on one of the gossip pages Kris Commons referred to it as Carnage in the Capital. He like many other ex players find an easy job in the media and use words that are totally out of context.. They can stuff their complaint where the sun don,t shine

Hmm...I have no issue with the SFA having a rule and applying it...I assume the rule must have been added to the book just before the start of the 2nd half last Wednesday night because I can't recall Rule 204 being applied before...

Should be a good money earner as, "where three or more players and/or members of team staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of team staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match", happens at least once in practically every professional match.

As I say,...no issue with this, just apply it consistently.

That happens in every single game of football. Sfa making tw@ts of themselves again, any half decent lawyer would destroy this 

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Good luck with that.  I can guarantee you in most games there will be confrontations that involve more than three players from each team.

Once again, we’re the ****ing guinea pigs for a new rule that will probably be abolished in time for the next OF game!

Exactly!

Should they not be looking at the other stuff?

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to see Jimmy Dunne giving it what for in the photos. 

Jimmy Dunne and how many green-shirted players round the ref!

scott herbertson

Have they a rule on nepotism in the appointment of referees? Or incompetence of the referees and the governing body?

If so we should cite them so that these issues could be investigated

Somebody wake me up I appear to be in some weird idiotic La La land where madness and stupidity surround me. Confrontation is what football is it’s two sides fighting over a round thing and trying to bang it in a net. Emotions run high as powerful and skilful men clash egged on by baying fans looking for their team to win. 

Might keep the pish rippers at the SFA busy for a change. Every other day they’ll be citing someone. 

One day they’ll regret coming out with some of these mad professor rulings. 

I was listen to sports sound on the radio last night and one of the people on it Darrel I think said that there are referees that study every televised game looking for incidents that don’t get punished during the game. I think he was talking through his erse but if true they must be one weegie bigot twin lovers as they certainly are bias in the scrutiny of games.

Edited by Dannie Boy

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I was listen to sports sound on the radio last night and one of the people on it Darrel I think said that there are referees that study every televised game looking for incidents that don’t get punished during the game. I think he was talking through is erse but if true they must be one weegie bigot twin lovers as they certain are bias in the scrutiny.

Listened to the podcast on the way to work and heard the same, every top flight match is re-watched by 3 ex-refs and any incidents can be cited to the compliance officer who then dosh less out the cases to another panel. Absolute madness

Ministry of Football

This is becoming utterly rediculous.

You simply can't go about re- refereeing games after the event as the teams who are most on TV or playing in big games will be disproportionately affected.

The SPFL need put back in their box. 

Seymour M Hersh
33 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Hmm...I have no issue with the SFA having a rule and applying it...I assume the rule must have been added to the book just before the start of the 2nd half last Wednesday night because I can't recall Rule 204 being applied before...

Should be a good money earner as, "where three or more players and/or members of team staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of team staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match", happens at least once in practically every professional match.

As I say,...no issue with this, just apply it consistently.

Probably written (hastily and using crayons) over the weekend. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Ministry of Football said:

This is becoming utterly rediculous.

You simply can't go about re- refereeing games after the event as the teams who are most on TV or playing in big games will be disproportionately affected.

The SPFL need put back in their box. 

It's just the new busy-body trying to stamp her mark. Utterly pathetic and what a can of worms she'll open by doing this. Fitting in well with the other idiots at the SPFL/SFA! 

Imagine if Dungcaster had got his way & the 2 semi finals Had been at Hampden..the carnage! What rule would they have come up with if there were fan confrontations from 4 clubs having a square go.who would have been fined the most? Punished the most? Cited as the instigators? 

Hearts probably!

Any excuse to sweep under the carpet, any indecencies that the bigot brothers have!

SFA don't enforce the rules fairly or equally

Just make it up as they go along, occasionally using the rule book against teams they don't like but giving the OF a free ride

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Poppycock to your fine! 

We have Benefactors! 

Benefactors! 

Shush don't mention poppies! U may offend the Irish Catholics ??

brunoatemyhamster

I'll be raging if we pay any fine for this.

See them in court.

Rule 204 relates to "where three or more players and/or members of team staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of team staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match."

I made it that big for easy finding when it eventually come back to bite them.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

9 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Why has this taken a week to come out.

I was under the impression that they have 2 working days after the day of the game to issue these complaints, although I have no idea where that is in the rules.

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

I was under the impression that they have 2 working days after the day of the game to issue these complaints, although I have no idea where that is in the rules.

2 working days is for individual player incidents. Other incidents eg Lennon goading the fans they can take their time. 

brunoatemyhamster
7 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

It'll be rule 205 .

And the ink wont even be dry on that one either.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Hackney Hearts

So, am I right in thinking that Lennon has not been cited for his confrontation (goading) - and especially - his simulation? 

Didn't one of the 3 refs re-watching the footage spot that the coin clearly hit his padded jacket?

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to see Jimmy Dunne giving it what for in the photos. 

Looks like #Jambosoldier is embarking on a peace-keeping mission.

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

So, am I right in thinking that Lennon has not been cited for his confrontation (goading) - and especially - his simulation? 

Didn't one of the 3 refs re-watching the footage spot that the coin clearly hit his padded jacket?

Not yet 

This 3 or more players involved in a confrontational interpretation can surely be set aside if one party quite reasonably says they were acting as peacemaker.

Holyrood_Hearts

What a nonsense. There’s no danger by early November this was the first opportunity to implement this rule. 

FWIW I think they’re done this because neither club will be charged for the coin throwing/punch incidents.  Neither Rangers (coin throwing) or Aberdeen (the guy hitting Jimmy Dunne) were charged by the SFA IIRC?

• redm changed the title to Hearts and Hibs both cited for "confrontation" - verdict: no case to answer (updated)