Scotland Squad

Mikey1874

Riddley Walker

Bizarrely enough with all the call offs, that's the best looking team he's put out since he became manager.

Doesn't say a lot for the ****er.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• EastSideJambo

A back two who have both turned 22 in the last two weeks and both of whom are well short of 100 first team games in senior football. They have only had 6 days to get to know each other. Will be interesting to see how they get on but that is the weakness I'd be targetting if I was Albania.

When struggling for a right back he didn’t play Patterson, now struggling for a forward and Patterson has scored 3 in the EPL as a forward over the last few weeks and now it looks like he is playing right back. Good old McLeish. 

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Likes of McGregor and Forrest need to start to show they can produce for Scotland..

Exactly, cause they are currently doing what every other ****er has done for the last 20 years.

chester copperpot

Is this the thread for the match updates? 

With the maroon specs off, good to see Christie be rewarded for his excellent form of late

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Sky Sports failing again with a graphic showing the formation :laugh2:

Isn't that a UEFA graphic? 

Cracking finish from Fraser! 

chester copperpot

See the sky sports people watching here. Is the game shown very brightly?

I can hardly see the ball on my iptv feed and it's normally great

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

See the sky sports people watching here. Is the game shown very brightly?

I can hardly see the ball on my iptv feed and it's normally great

Nah it's fine on my sky sports stream

They’re feckin animals. The number 10 was way over the top on Fraser earlier as well. They could finish with less than 10 if they don’t get a grip.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

An over the ball challenge with studs shown then a head butt? 

Aye okay then.....

I missed the head butt. Assume it happened when they were all gathered? It wasn't a red for the challenge alone. 

2 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

An over the ball challenge with studs shown then a head butt? 

Aye okay then.....

Listening on the radio they suggested he got the yellow card out first and then the red. Did he get sent off for two bookings - the tackle and the headbutt?

chester copperpot
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Yes it was. 

I think he gave a yellow for the challenge and a red for the Headbutt mate

Edit* thought the first yellow on the other player was much worse tbh

Edited by chester copperpot

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Is this the thread for the match updates? 

With the maroon specs off, good to see Christie be rewarded for his excellent form of late

I agree with you, Christie was really highly rated when he was ICT. Thought Celtic were wasteful when they signed him, then did well at Aberdeen. His last couple of months have turned everything for him round and hope he really kicks on (apart from when he play Hearts.) Always want to see Scottish players do well despite who they play for. MacGregor for example is a player who can be underated and one of Celtics best players in the last few seasons.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Listening on the radio they suggested he got the yellow card out first and then the red. Did he get sent off for two bookings - the tackle and the headbutt?

Aye a yellow for the challenge then it all kicked off

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

MacGregor for example is a player who can be underated and one of Celtics best players in the last few seasons.

Balanced out somewhat by Tierney being so overrated.

chester copperpot
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree with you, Christie was really highly rated when he was ICT. Thought Celtic were wasteful when they signed him, then did well at Aberdeen. His last couple of months have turned everything for him round and hope he really kicks on (apart from when he play Hearts.) Always want to see Scottish players do well despite who they play for. MacGregor for example is a player who can be underated and one of Celtics best players in the last few seasons.

Yeah as much as it pains me, MacGregor is a super player too. I don't know too much about other teams pro youth players but know that Celtic have a fair few players in the wings coming through. One of the boys was one of my players they nabbed off me 6yrs ago and think he's about to make his debut in the next year or 2.

They really do have a good set up, but have way more infrastructure than the rest of the club's due to finances.

Central Belt 1874
5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Davie Provan is a complete welt 

Correct. Seems to be watching a different game to me every time.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, gedster said:

30 minutes played. Has Fletcher gone off and taken a seat on the bench? Has he even made a contribution?

I think he's terrible, how he's made the money he has playing football bemuses me.

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Yeah as much as it pains me, MacGregor is a super player too. I don't know too much about other teams pro youth players but know that Celtic have a fair few players in the wings coming through. One of the boys was one of my players they nabbed off me 6yrs ago and think he's about to make his debut in the next year or 2.

They really do have a good set up, but have way more infrastructure than the rest of the club's due to finances.

How are you feeling about the way Hearts youth system is progressing. Optimistic?

...a bit disco

"A really poor dive from the Rangers man."

There's something you don't hear too often up here.

Captain Sausage

So, just to get this right (might’ve been covered above), but winning or drawing doesn’t make a difference tonight?

As head to head is above goal difference in deciding league places, we will need to beat Israel as a draw would mean they beat us courtesy of the 2-1 win in Israel. 

Therefore a win or draw won’t make a difference. Either way, with the 3 points on Tuesday, we top the group. However, if we lose tonight, we are out no matter what..

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

One thing I reckon is MacGregor would do well playing in Germany (think RB Leipzig manager said he was a player who they liked but could not afford at his age.) 

You are right what you say, they do have a good set up. What has been crucial is do they use the talent they have. Think Brendon does want to use young players. Mikey Johnson is one they really rate. Saw a new name on the bench recently, Kerr McInroy, seems he is rated as well. Also dont be surprised if Dembele makes his debut before the end of the season as he turns 16 in February.

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

So, just to get this right (might’ve been covered above), but winning or drawing doesn’t make a difference tonight?

As head to head is above goal difference in deciding league places, we will need to beat Israel as a draw would mean they beat us courtesy of the 2-1 win in Israel. 

Therefore a win or draw won’t make a difference. Either way, with the 3 points on Tuesday, we top the group. However, if we lose tonight, we are out no matter what..

I think if we win by 2 or more goals a point will do in our next match?

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think if we win by 2 or more goals a point will do in our next match?

I think head to head > goal difference. As we lost to Israel already, a draw would put them through by virtue of a better head to head (1 win, 1 draw). Happy to be wrong. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

If we lose tonight, we can still top the group if a victory over Israel betters Israel's win over us. 

Captain Sausage
Just now, magicTs said:

Hahahahahahaha

Aye, that’ll show him. Knocking in a penalty after doing nothing for 45 minutes against the mighty Albania. 

:cornette:

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Captain Sausage said:

I think head to head > goal difference. As we lost to Israel already, a draw would put them through by virtue of a better head to head (1 win, 1 draw). Happy to be wrong. 

I think they said at the start we would have to better Israel's result against us in the first game.