• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• EastSideJambo

That's a poor team, McKenna and Mulgrew a cert to start, if Mulgrew doesn't pass a fitness test then the boy Devlin will be getting his debut, Looking at something like:

McGregor 

McKenna 

Mulgrew 

Tierney 

Fraser

Christie 

McGinn 

Paterson 

Robertson 

Phillips 

Fletcher

And it'll be horrendous 

jamboinglasgow

Would have called up Bates before Devlin. 

Surprised Rhodes not getting a call.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would have called up Bates before Devlin. 

Surprised Rhodes not getting a call.

Much like Liam Henderson, Bates will be overlooked as he doesn't play in the UK thus his existence seems to be forgotten 

SaughtonJambo

John fleck left out again. Cooper been excellent at back for Leeds no Douglas either. Snodgrass been playing alright for West Ham. Rhodes scored more than fletcher. As a nation we won’t progress until someone new is brought in with fresh ideas who picks the players that are full of confidence and in form at club level

7 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

John fleck left out again. Cooper been excellent at back for Leeds no Douglas either. Snodgrass been playing alright for West Ham. Rhodes scored more than fletcher. As a nation we won’t progress until someone new is brought in with fresh ideas who picks the players that are full of confidence and in form at club level

Curious Tom Cairney of Fulham is not in squad. 

Talk of him choosing England recently but surely a player we would want in team. 

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Much like Liam Henderson, Bates will be overlooked as he doesn't play in the UK thus his existence seems to be forgotten 

You sat that but were still for God knows what reason calling up Johnny Russell. Mls surely not a better standard of football than what they're playing 

Bain

Bates

Cooper

Souttar 

Douglas

Snodgrass 

Cairney

Fleck

Henderson 

Naismith 

Griffiths 

Bit of a mish mash but I reckon this team would give that squad a game 

Edited by BigAlim

letsalldothebeattie

Paterson surely to lead the line for these games. Been doing it for Cardiff last 2/3 games and got a couple goals including one at Anfield. Great to see him back in. Quite a poor Scotland squad. Not got much confidence about the up coming games to be honest 

joondalupjambo

He cannot continue with Tierney and Robertson both playing out of position. It is causing both these guys problems and certainly adding to putting additional pressure on the teams performance.  

3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I hate the season getting constantly interrupted for this guff.

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a freshness and optimism about the national team, but there isn't. 

Steven bloody Fletcher. 

KingRudi_2012
5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a freshness and optimism about the national team, but there isn't. 

Steven bloody Fletcher. 

Soul destroying. Every time I watch the national team it only serves as a painful reminder how technically lacking our players are.

After the first 25 mintues against Israel, we couldn't string two passes together.

Captain Sausage
41 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I’m delighted this time. Shame it couldn’t be a 6 week international break. 

Need our stars back, the more time we can burn without games, the better. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious Tom Cairney of Fulham is not in squad. 

Talk of him choosing England recently but surely a player we would want in team. 

i think he has been left out as he has just returned from injury

Lord Beni of Gorgie

For a squad ravaged by so many absent defensive absentees Liam Cooper must be wondering if McLeish knows him

KingRudi_2012
3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I’m delighted this time. Shame it couldn’t be a 6 week international break. 

Need our stars back, the more time we can burn without games, the better. 

Very fair point though I doubt we will see either Naismith or Berra until the New Year. December is packed with fixtures as well ?

This internarional break could be a good time for Haring to get his operation as well as this will be the last break before the New Year.

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Yup, I would have hoped (had he not been injured) that given we are in the need of strikers that Jack Harper would have been given a look in as he has been doing great with Malaga this season and could have added something different to up front. 

As others have pointed out Cooper is doing well with Leeds. It feels that Scotland just goes with the tried and tested (whether they worked or not) and is reluctant to take a chance on players lesser known to Scottish football.

Just glad no Jambos in it. That shower of shite do not deserve our players. So glad that as a team we now have 2 weeks rest. I will be washing my hair when "Nicola's boys' are disgracing us off the pitch and the SFA are disgracing us on it 

Edited by i8hibsh

14 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

For once I welcome it. Our players need it. 

18 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Hope we draw England in the group 

Me too. It is the only time ever that our national team do not bring disgrace to the nation. Pathetic as it is. We seem to find an extra few gears that are missing in action every other game.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Ritchie pulls out and basically says he doesn't want to play for Scotland anymore.

Can anyone doubt that Scotland are in terminal decline? There's a chronic rot at the centre of the set-up here.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ritchie pulls out and basically says he doesn't want to play for Scotland anymore.

Can anyone doubt that Scotland are in terminal decline? There's a chronic rot at the centre of the set-up here.

That's Ritchie and McArthur both asked not be considered, Griffiths in the cream puff and the worst call up of players in years.

The lesser of the two evils is that Scotland get pumped silly in both fixtures and McLeish is punted. This clown incharge for actual qualifying will be a disaster. 

He’s ****ed off a number of senior players, now he’s scraping the barrel to find anyone who wants to play. What a joke. We’ve regressed about 20 years since this utter walloper was appointed. 

Mcleish is not the answer, and i'm not sure who actually is !

His employers are a bunch of imbeciles, so kinda goes with the theme that he is  !

A fresh approach is needed, somebody with his own vision and tonnes of self (deluded) belief...

Somebody gonna call Cathro ??

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

His employers are a bunch of imbeciles, so kinda goes with the theme that he is  !

A fresh approach is needed, somebody with his own vision and tonnes of self (deluded) belief...

I think we need to go for someone foreign without the baggage of Scottish football.  Vogts got stick but he still got us to the play offs - something we haven't got near since.

Does anybody really think that Big Eck is sober enough to actually know who or what he has picked. The man needs help not a boost up by his cronies feeding the issue. He should never ever have been given this gig. He needs to bottom out and get much needed help. FFS he was talking about subbing Soapy with McKenna at the last away just before Soapy got his red. McKenna came on a half time. He spouts cliché after cliché and offers not a jot else. Really doesn't bother me aS international football in general is a busted flush. Enjoy the two week rest Hearts players. **and come home safe Jimmy D

It is a concern that players don't want to play for Scotland. Suggests something has been wrong with the set up under Strachan and now McLeish.

Playing for your international side (though you might not play) versus lengthening your career and wages in England. 

We need a new frame of reference in the national team. We need a non-Scot as we don't have the managers with the experience to get us out of this rut.

Steve Clarke would be a decent shout for the job I reckon. He turned a hopeless Kilmarnock squad around into a useful outfit and deserves the chance to attempt the same for Scotland.  Unfortunately, he's never been employed by either cheek so probably wouldn't be considered by the GFA numpties.

Edited by SwindonJambo

41 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Steve Clarke would be a decent shout for the job I reckon. He turned a hopeless Kilmarnock squad around into a useful outfit and deserves the chance to attempt the same for Scotland.  Unfortunately, he's never been employed by either cheek so probably wouldn't be considered by the GFA numpties.

Maybe that’s because he’s a brilliant coach though. He won’t get to see the scotland players 6 days a week! I wouldn’t be against it but doubt he’d take it 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I think we need to go for someone foreign without the baggage of Scottish football.  Vogts got stick but he still got us to the play offs - something we haven't got near since.

Arsene Wenger is between jobs at the moment !

Seriously though, think that's a great shout that the next national coach is sourced outwith Scotland !!

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Arsene Wenger is between jobs at the moment !

Seriously though, think that's a great shout that the next national coach is sourced outwith Scotland !!

i would like someone like lars lagerback. 

23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McLeish saying Fletcher being involved is “a boost to the nation.”

:rofl:

Aye, the nation of Albania.

5 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

On 06/11/2018 at 15:15, S Form said:

Holy s**t. Really scraping the barrel recalling Steven Fletcher. He was garbage first time around.

23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McLeish saying Fletcher being involved is “a boost to the nation.”

:rofl:

I posted this elsewhere but seems apt

Stephen Fletcher? We asked 100 Scotland fans for a replacement striker

15 Jordan Rhodes

12 Jack Harper

2 Jason Cummings

Congrats Alex you have found our pointless answer! Which is ironic, we also asked 100 Scotland fans who should manage the nation and Alex McLeish is also a pointless answer