Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• jack D and coke

• McCrae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nelly Terraces

Didn't have that many injuries when we wrnt to Ipox & lay down to a shite Hun team. Injuries/No injuries - it's kinda the same old for us at either of the OF away.

Injury has completely ****ed our season unfortunately. It's not going to get better for months either.

Moaning about bottle just makes you look ridiculous.

We can only do the best with what e have and our squad has been crippled.

So sad but we can only keep supporting and try to avoid terrible threads like this.

3 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Mitchell and Garuccio have to play together!  

Morrison and Smith have to play together!

All 4 in the same 11!

Djoum has to play in a CENTRAL ATTACKING role. 

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this! 

Totally unnecessary creating another thread, and utterly pointless also as the players and management don't read Kickback.

Left the ground just before the 4th. The issue I have is yes they have better players but we just sat off and let them play. Being brave is getting close, working hard and not just letting them play. Very disappointing. 

jack D and coke

I doubt Celtic will get an easier game all season. Pathetic stuff. 

How can the likes of Kilmarnock do so much better than us there? 

11 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

All 4 in the same 11!

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this! 

To be fair this is exacy how I would utilise these player too

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We haven’t even shown up in either game against Celtic. And to roll over like we did at Ibrox was seriously disappointing.

We didn't roll over at Ibrox! 

You'll be delighted with this result. 

Injuries have ravaged the squad. Very disappointing as the season started promisingly. Key players, experienced players, leaders and indeed goal scorers. Nightmare. 

That said the deeply entrenched mindset of our Head Coach will need to change when we have our full squad back if he is ever to have the opportunity to break his silverware duck. The signs aren’t good as we continue to be the absolute whipping boys of Rantic when we venture west. We barely lay a glove on them and look like losing heavily every time. Defensively timid and fragile and as for going forward, no adequate words for the ineptitude. Not a good combination. There are zero signs he’s learnt from his first spell and indeed from his playing days so it’s difficult to draw any conclusion other than he can’t change and we will all continue to suffer the shit show in the Weeg. Why anyone of maroon persuasion would even bother attending these pathetic foregone conclusions is anyone’s guess! 

Edited by magicTs

EasternRossco

We are missing our best player and a Scotland international for years to come in defence. It hurts because it's them but such is life.

Well done all the guys that headed through. 

wattie exploited
17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

exactly mate that is what pisses me off its ****ing Levien with his shit tactics  of hoping to get a draw because he never gives off the impression we are going to have a proper go  even when we have a full squad to pick from !!!!!!!!!  

Edited by wattie exploited

Perspective - today was always going to be a pumping. We have a home game v killie next week which we can win. That would be 7 points out of 12 for the last 4 league games. If Aberdeen beat hibs on the Friday, we could potentially be 11 points clear of them.

Very much a glass half full view but there's still much to play for.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im pretty sure celtic go into a game against hearts much more seriously. Honestly.. Like an old firm game to them thr way they set out

Let's be honest. Most of us knew that today was going to be nothing other than a comfortable Celtic win unfortunately. 

The plus point is that we are still top despite having played 3 of our 12 league games against the gruesome twosome - 2 in Glasgow. 

We don't play Celtic again till the end of February. Some difficult fixtures ahead but I haven't given up hope yet. 

First 20 minutes of the second half we got in their faces and made things a bit tricker for them. Why couldn't we have started the game like that? 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Silvery_Moon said:

Let's be honest. Most of us knew that today was going to be nothing other than a comfortable Celtic win unfortunately. 

The plus point is that we are still top despite having played 3 of our 12 league games against the gruesome twosome - 2 in Glasgow. 

We don't play Celtic again till the end of February. Some difficult fixtures ahead but I haven't given up hope yet. 

We don’t have to play Celtic for the next 4 months? That’s brilliant 

28 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

All 4 in the same 11!

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this! 

But the manager still has brainfarts now and again. 

Had a wee swipe a fans who want the team to have a go and that they’re clueless, well , maybe start by giving yourself a chance by backing up those words with common-sense selection.

Fans aren’t always wrong.

Edited by Debut 4

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

£60m wage bill vs £6m wage bill, when the injuries hit, this is what happens.

Its not a bottle job at all

Why did Kilmarnock manage to get 3 draws and a win from 4 visits to Parkhead and Ibrox last season with a third of our budget? 

Vermin won at Ibrox twice. It's too straightforward a response you're offering here 

That's a complete joke to go through there as league leaders and get done 5. 

Last 6 days show we are a million miles away in quality, organisation, approach, attitude and crucially - mentality 

I feared that this would happen, and it duly did. We were at a ground where we rarely perform, against a team just hitting their form, and with a team miles away from full strength. You could see it coming, sadly.

Having said that: I am in no way a Levein hater. He has improved us out of all recognition. But there is undeniably something wrong with his approach when we play in Glasgow. The likes of Hibs and Killie can go there and compete. We never look like getting a sniff. Neither Hibs nor Killie have better players than we do - so it must be our attitude. As has been said many times, if you let Celtic play, they will thrash you. Why do we do it?

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Been the theme of the past month I’m afraid. Big game after big game where we haven’t even gone close. Injuries are having a massive impact, no doubt about that, but you have to question how much we’ve really improved.

It's a reality check for some on here. Celtic are flying now. With a full strength squad we would have struggled. With so many injuries we had no chance. Like it or not (and some wont) they are much better than us

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s how I feel too but we’ll see over the duration of the season. Be surprised if our league position is much better tbh

Better than top of the league?

The two Edinburgh teams results today tell you everything you need to know, that derby takes everything out of players physically and mentally. I’m not going to push my knickers over that today as shite as it was!

Expected this today also expected this at ibrox to be expected with Levien in charge cant see us winning at easter road with levein in charge but as long as we beat Kilmarnock at home next week its all good.worse teams than us put a better fight through there but we don't.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, EastSideJambo said:

Why did Kilmarnock manage to get 3 draws and a win from 4 visits to Parkhead and Ibrox last season with a third of our budget? 

Vermin won at Ibrox twice. It's too straightforward a response you're offering here 

That's a complete joke to go through there as league leaders and get done 5. 

Last 6 days show we are a million miles away in quality, organisation, approach, attitude and crucially - mentality 

If you read my post again, I said “when the injuries kick in” 

the players who have come in from our reserve side had no chance, no belief and no energy. The fitness wasn’t there, the quality wasn’t there, all round you are absolutely spot on in your scathing assesment of our pound shop reserve side. 

Bazzas right boot

Eric are motoring now. 

Always Likley to happen

We miss our big players in the big games, it is showing now. 

We're still far better than last season. 

Lc semi v group stage

Top of the league v 6th

The biggest problem is how we create and score until January. 

Clare looks light weight, amanwanka isn't good enough and Maclean, although good isn't a natural lone striker and isn't that prolific. 

AlphonseCapone

At the very worst, after almost 1/3 of the way through the season, we are only 2 points behind a team with a budget crazily bigger than ours. We've lost 5 starters in the process. Only lost twice, both times in Glasgow. Performed significantly better in away games. 

If you honestly don't think we've improved then you know nothing about football. 

Bazzas right boot

Eric are motoring now. 

Always Likley to happen

We miss our big players in the big games, it is showing now. 

We're still far better than last season. 

Lc semi v group stage

Top of the league v 6th

The biggest problem is how we create and score until January. 

Clare looks light weight, amanwanka isn't good enough and Maclean, although good isn't a natural lone striker and isn't that prolific. 

42 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

All 4 in the same 11!

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this! 

But on the other hand, David's fans pretty much threw in the towel when he drew Goliath but look what happened?  I'm not making that mistake.

No way.

So fans are happy getting pumped when we play rangers and Celtic away and get to semi finals look at motherwell last season nothing has changed we will achieve nothing under levein

All too predictable since the injuries.

Up to the management team to come up with something better than what we have seen in the last week.

Some easier games coming up but it will be a battle no doubt. Need to win our home games to still be up there come January. CL is restricted with what he has got to use but fringe players must perform or they will be turfed out, these opportunities don't come along often and it's up to them to step up.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic are going to hammer out more results like this. 

Is that not 23 goals or something in 5 games. 

They are doing what may suspected would happen, click and start smashing teams. 

As before, results v the other teams will determine where we finish,  not results at Parkhead. 

Win 7/8 out of the next 11 as we have, we'll still be top or second. 

In terms of Ibrox, we set up to attack but had 3 brain farts in 3, minutes, putting that on CL is grasping. 

The posters who have stayed silent all season and are now crawling out banging the same drum is actually the worst part of a defeat now. 

Makes any reasoned discussion impossible on here. 

2 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

So fans are happy getting pumped when we play rangers and Celtic away and get to semi finals look at motherwell last season nothing has changed we will achieve nothing under levein

Deary me. Ur either about 12 or not been watching us for long enough to appreciate what he has done.

Who do u suggest replaces him?

12 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I feared that this would happen, and it duly did. We were at a ground where we rarely perform, against a team just hitting their form, and with a team miles away from full strength. You could see it coming, sadly.

Having said that: I am in no way a Levein hater. He has improved us out of all recognition. But there is undeniably something wrong with his approach when we play in Glasgow. The likes of Hibs and Killie can go there and compete. We never look like getting a sniff. Neither Hibs nor Killie have better players than we do - so it must be our attitude. As has been said many times, if you let Celtic play, they will thrash you. Why do we do it?

You are spot on, yes we are ravaged with injuries but it makes little difference to the outcome of playing there. Even with full strength teams we generally get done over.

Many have made comment on how strong, how much quality we have in our squad. Compared to last year, definitely, still way short on what is required to make a real fist of it.

24 minutes ago, weehammy said:

This thread has really cheered me up. It seems it's OK to go to Parkhead and get pumped because:

(a) we have injuries

(b) we're still top of the league anyway.

But as one or two posters have pointed out, other teams have budgets much lower than ours but don't shell 5 goals.

Unfortunately, getting horsed in Glasgow is what Hearts do - hence our pathetic haul of trophies over 140  odd years.

A haul of trophies which is quite a bit better than those other teams with lower budgets. We see what we think we see. 

50 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Injury has completely ****ed our season unfortunately. It's not going to get better for months either.

Moaning about bottle just makes you look ridiculous.

We can only do the best with what e have and our squad has been crippled.

So sad but we can only keep supporting and try to avoid terrible threads like this.

Agreed

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Im pretty sure celtic go into a game against hearts much more seriously. Honestly.. Like an old firm game to them thr way they set out

The thing is mate they didn’t need to. We camped on our 18 yard box and didn’t pressure them. We let them pop shots and crosses off and found ourselves two down and they hadn’t even had to get out of first gear. I doubt they’ll get an easier afternoon all season personally, an absolute doddle today. 

15 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

No one is happy at losing. It is however understandable when you consider all our injuries and how unbalanced the team now is. I expect a difficult period until the new year.

I reckon we will give them much more of a game when everyone is back.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Celtic and Rangers take games against us (and Aberdeen) more seriously than their other domestic fixtures. 

This is obvious. 

44 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Terrible team selection. The foundation of everything that followed.

Who are the players we failed to pick today