Yet another bottle job ( merged )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Been the theme of the past month I’m afraid. Big game after big game where we haven’t even gone close. Injuries are having a massive impact, no doubt about that, but you have to question how much we’ve really improved.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• jack D and coke

• McCrae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Been the theme of the past month I’m afraid. Big game after big game where we haven’t even gone close. Injuries are having a massive impact, no doubt about that, but you have to question how much we’ve really improved.

Where were you when thing were going well a..e?

Edited by tcjambo

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If you’re questioning how much we’ve improved then you’re a lost cause. We have improved massively. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, DH1986 said:

If you’re questioning how much we’ve improved then you’re a lost cause. We have improved massively. 

That’s how I feel too but we’ll see over the duration of the season. Be surprised if our league position is much better tbh

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s how I feel too but we’ll see over the duration of the season. Be surprised if our league position is much better tbh

Seriously man , take your negativity somewhere else.

jamboinglasgow

we've lost 4 keys players to injury, we have hit by very bad luck playing a Celtic team who are playing better than they have for a while.

We’re having a bad day. A very bad day. But at the end of this game we’ll still be top and with a very decent run of games between now and the end of the year.

Let’s not roll over and die just yet. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It’s the money, they say that in the CL when they bottle it

seek

It’s the truth. Celtic vs PSG, £60m vs £600m wage bill = 5-0 

ToadKiller Dog

We have improved point total shows that and at full strength we would potentially have better results. 

Also celtic are still miles ahead of anybody and on their day can score for fun against any other Scottish side. 

But I do think with Craig Levein if he isn't confident he reverts to ultra cautious nearly every time, when the best Results under Levein are when we are aggressive in faces  and attacking. 

Thought Police

Beat Killie and St Mirren and we’re laughing again

Our season will not be defined by results in Glasgow

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Away you go ya miserable clown

We always struggle at Parkhead. Even with a full strength team. Celtic are playing very well at present. Crawl back under yer stone. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jocam2325 said:

We always struggle at Parkhead. Even with a full strength team. Celtic are playing very well at present. Crawl back under yer stone. 

We haven’t even shown up in either game against Celtic. And to roll over like we did at Ibrox was seriously disappointing.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

we've lost 4 keys players to injury, we have hit by very bad luck playing a Celtic team who are playing better than they have for a while.

Two of those four were always likely to miss games through injury given their age.

3 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Exactly.

Gordon Ramsay

No matter who is the manager or in the squad we always get pummeled at parkhead.

Extremely frustrating but very predictable.

A decent challenge at the top was on the cards but it's been blootered out of us with brutal injury luck.    The stuffing has been knocked out of us.     

Sustain the home form and get a few away wins and go again when we get our players back.    Top 3 still very much there.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Two of those four were always likely to miss games through injury given their age.

What a crock of shite, even by your standards FA.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We haven’t even shown up in either game against Celtic. And to roll over like we did at Ibrox was seriously disappointing.

We have huge injury problems.  No point in debating with people like you. Enjoy your miserable day. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

We didn't roll over at ibrox, we made stupid mistakes early and was punished fully for them. 

Same thing. Sorry but it is. We turned up and bottled it.

Forget who we have out, Levein has us set up all wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of him but I've never seen hearts play so narrow. Celtic get goals from crossing. We're just set up to let them do that. Back 5 and spread it across the back a bit more and keep this score down. Not a good day.....again! 

We’ve improved, we just aren’t as good as them, Simples. I’m not sure if we could do much better in any formation but the way we have set up this week and last certainly doesn’t work against them. They are too good to frustrate for 90 mins

A_A wehatethehibs

At Ibrox we had Souttar and Dunne in defence 2x 20 year old lads. Good players but they are kids in the grander scheme. Plus Mitchell also a kid.

Be honest with yourself, the day Berra got injured you knew that with him went any chance of a Hearts win in Glasgow until he is back in the side. You need your top experienced defenders in these games. 

john brownlee
5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Yea this is just one game. We'll get back on track, still top.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

The first half it’s been embarrassing. It’s like watching Celtic training. 

9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

£60m wage bill vs £6m wage bill, when the injuries hit, this is what happens.

Its not a bottle job at all

Says it all.

How are we supposed to go to Celtic park against the best footballing side in Scotland with 5 key players missing. 

Hate to say it but Celtic look like they have got their swagger back in domestic football 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

At Ibrox we had Souttar and Dunne in defence 2x 20 year old lads. Good players but they are kids in the grander scheme. Plus Mitchell also a kid.

Be honest with yourself, the day Berra got injured you knew that with him went any chance of a Hearts win in Glasgow until he is back in the side. You need your top experienced defenders in these games. 

I’m not pretending the injuries haven’t been significant. I’m just annoyed with how easy it’s been against us in the key games

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The first half it’s been embarrassing. It’s like watching Celtic training. 

No doubt but what amazes me is that anybody expected anything different. 

The gulf is huge and with our inuries its a mountain we can't climb. 

Top of the league, played Celtic twice. I am happy with that. Mon the Hearts. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m not pretending the injuries haven’t been significant. I’m just annoyed with how easy it’s been against us in the key games

We’re all annoyed but really you should be saying Hearts have “not turned up” there are players in the Celtic side here who cost more than our whole squad 

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes true and we bought/ have replacements to cover them who have also been injured at the same time 

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No sure if you mean this but our league position can’t be much better than it is now.

We are top in case you missed that .

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Meh. We beat them in the first game when we had Berra, Souttar, Lafferty, Naismith and Ikpeazu starting. That's a heck of a lot of talent to be without. Oh and at Ibrox we gifted them silly goals and were out of it before we started. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

No doubt but what amazes me is that anybody expected anything different. 

The gulf is huge and with our inuries its a mountain we can't climb. 

Top of the league, played Celtic twice. I am happy with that. Mon the Hearts. 

Mate I’ve seen us through there with weaker sides but never to play this poorly. We’ve stood off them, barely made an attempt to tackle, camped on our 18 yard box, so narrow and basically letting Celtic take the piss. It’s been shameful stuff first half. 

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Awful out of touch post.... what do you expect with all our injuries.

Edited by McCrae

wattie exploited

we always seem to be so negative at parkhead , really injuries or not Levien always seems to shit it before a ball is kicked  !!!!!!!! 

really terrible first half !!!!!!!!!!!!

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I’ve seen us through there with weaker sides but never to play this poorly. We’ve stood off them, barely made an attempt to tackle, camped on our 18 yard box, so narrow and basically letting Celtic take the piss. It’s been shameful stuff first half. 

So what you are saying is, we’ve got players on the pitch who do not posses the quality / fitness / mentality required to compete against the class players of Celtic? 

3 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

we always seem to be so negative at parkhead , really injuries or not Levien always seems to shit it before a ball is kicked  !!!!!!!! 

really terrible first half !!!!!!!!!!!!

Be glad when this games over, nightmare.

Lucille's Thirsty
45 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We have Berra, Souttar Naismith and Ikpeazu out that’s our spine. Even with these players the month we’ve had we were always going to lose a game. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So what you are saying is, we’ve got players on the pitch who do not posses the quality / fitness / mentality required to compete against the class players of Celtic? 

I’m saying we are a gutless bunch of shite. We’ve hardly put a tackle in ffs. Calum McGregor ran 70 yards unchallenged and won the corner that brought them the fourth there.

Celtic haven’t needed to get out of first gear and they’re shagging us 4-0. 

What a ridiculous thread.

if you can’t see that losing 4 of our best players is the reason then give up watching football.

jesus Christ

Mitchell and Garuccio have to play together!  

Morrison and Smith have to play together!

All 4 in the same 11!

Djoum has to play in a CENTRAL ATTACKING role. 

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this!