Yet another bottle job ( merged )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I’ve seen us through there with weaker sides but never to play this poorly. We’ve stood off them, barely made an attempt to tackle, camped on our 18 yard box, so narrow and basically letting Celtic take the piss. It’s been shameful stuff first half. 

have to agree. no excuse for being so passive. standing 10 yards off them and making no tackles. really poor stuff. Celtic never got out of 1st gear

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• jack D and coke

• McCrae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s not the team we put out, it’s the approach they take. Celtic can field a better team than we can. So even if we have a full strength team, if we sit off them and let them play, they are going to beat us soundly.

Other teams have shown that you can go to Glasgow and get a result if you press them, harry them and don’t let them settle. People were actually less annoyed about the Sevco game, because we had a go at them and the final scoreline flattered them a bit. But letting Celtic play is asking to be beaten.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Injury has completely ****ed our season unfortunately. It's not going to get better for months either.

Moaning about bottle just makes you look ridiculous.

We can only do the best with what e have and our squad has been crippled.

So sad but we can only keep supporting and try to avoid terrible threads like this.

If you had been there today you would likely have a very different view. Today we certainly did not do our best. Far from it.

Injury ravaged or not, that was a shambles.

58 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s not the team we put out, it’s the approach they take. Celtic can field a better team than we can. So even if we have a full strength team, if we sit off them and let them play, they are going to beat us soundly.

Other teams have shown that you can go to Glasgow and get a result if you press them, harry them and don’t let them settle. People were actually less annoyed about the Sevco game, because we had a go at them and the final scoreline flattered them a bit. But letting Celtic play is asking to be beaten.

Agree.  Sometimes there's too much of an engrained fear of leaving space or being caught on the break ourselves.

I'd rather take a slight risk, press them, play for the breaks of the ball in midfield and see how it pans out.

Seen it too often that when you sit deep you end with too many cooks, the uncertainty of who should close down or tackle. People start ball watching thinking their team mate will make the move.

Edited by Debut 4

search parties still out looking for Hearts after they failed to turn up today. waste of time looking for them in Glasgow though

Edited by maroonsgotop

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

8-0 aggregate score within 6 days. That was the worst I have witnessed at Parkhead today. Levin learned nothing from Murrayfield where it was 3-0 going on five or six. For any Manager to try the same failed tactics yet again defies logic.

We played deep and narrow with no closing down until the 18 yard box. There is no excuse for not changing the tactics. To play Mulraney and Mitchell shows Levein learns nothing. We improved when they were replaced with Morrison and Garrucio. However, by that time it was too late.

Just now, gowestjambo said:

8-0 aggregate score within 6 days. That was the worst I have witnessed at Parkhead today. Levin learned nothing from Murrayfield where it was 3-0 going on five or six. For any Manager to try the same failed tactics yet again defies logic.

We played deep and narrow with no closing down until the 18 yard box. There is no excuse for not changing the tactics. To play Mulraney and Mitchell shows Levein learns nothing. We improved when they were replaced with Morrison and Garrucio. However, by that time it was too late.

Playing Mulraney wide right would have made sense, provided he was instructed to stop Tierney attacking, just as he did at Tynie against them.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

8-0 is good mate as they have a big budget and we've had injuries

the way we were flying into tackles today and making Celtic work so hard for their openings is as much you can expect due to all those different reasons which always  occur when the team bus passes harthill

enjoyed that today proud of the brave performance we mustered up

well done Craig

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s how I feel too but we’ll see over the duration of the season. Be surprised if our league position is much better tbh

???? We are currently top of the league so I agree with you, I will be surprised if our league position is much better

One set of stats is from the only domestic game Celtic have lost under Rodgers at Parkhead and one is from today....

1575946656_Set1.jpg.0905ca6a2a0500dff95869efe2a5c532.jpg

1840237539_Set2.jpg.60193dcc4011f5379b3e7c6a947100c0.jpg

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

This season we have a new team with several players also new to the league. So perhaps the most disappointing aspect for me from today and Murrayfield is that they may

well now be developing the serial losing mentality that has affected home-based players for decades in Glasgow.

Not a hater but I'm afraid I think Levein suffers from this too.

It's a resource issue way more than a mental issue.....and it has been prevalent across Scottish Football since league football began.  

It should have been ten
11 hours ago, weehammy said:

This thread has really cheered me up. It seems it's OK to go to Parkhead and get pumped because:

(a) we have injuries

(b) we're still top of the league anyway.

But as one or two posters have pointed out, other teams have budgets much lower than ours but don't shell 5 goals.

Unfortunately, getting horsed in Glasgow is what Hearts do - hence our pathetic haul of trophies over 140  odd years.

Maybe you should have a wee hammy, might cheer you up even more ?

Edited by It should have been ten

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Away you go ya miserable clown

We always struggle at Parkhead. Even with a full strength team. Celtic are playing very well at present. Crawl back under yer stone. 

Defeatist, weak and a losers mentality. I'm glad you're not doing our team talk. Or maybe you are...

Marooned Abroad
15 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Mitchell and Garuccio have to play together!  

Morrison and Smith have to play together!

All 4 in the same 11!

Djoum has to play in a CENTRAL ATTACKING role. 

Haring is a central DM!

Stick with this! 

Could not agree more!

11 hours ago, siegementality said:

Look to the bench. 

With the exception of Lee no regular starters on the bench and no recognised goal scorers.  Which players on the bench would have changed the game for us?

siegementality
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

With the exception of Lee no regular starters on the bench and no recognised goal scorers.  Which players on the bench would have changed the game for us?

I’m not talking about someone coming on to change the game. The team should have been the same as the one that started the derby, barring McLean in for Clare.

Mitchell is never a left back in his life (I think that is accepted amongst the vast majority of Hearts supporters). Cochrane and Mulraney do not possess the physical attributes to go up against a Celtic team that is hitting top form, especially at Parkhead. CL stated he got I think wrong tactically. Team selection and formation are part of those tactics. Given he said he got it wrong, I’m statisfied he got it wrong. 

Incidentally, telling the players at half time that he got it wrong and asking them if they wanted to have a go at Celtic in the second half, FFS! I’d be happier if CL sought the players opinions prior to the game in future.

Blackpool tae Gorgie

Well another bad weekend.But no matter I will be be back up next Saturday,why because I camnae help it.64 now had more hits than the rolling stones.But no matter how bad you feel fellow Jambos thank the lord for the fact you are a Jambo.

Blackpool tae Gorgie
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

I’m not talking about someone coming on to change the game. The team should have been the same as the one that started the derby, barring McLean in for Clare.

Mitchell is never a left back in his life (I think that is accepted amongst the vast majority of Hearts supporters). Cochrane and Mulraney do not possess the physical attributes to go up against a Celtic team that is hitting top form, especially at Parkhead. CL stated he got I think wrong tactically. Team selection and formation are part of those tactics. Given he said he got it wrong, I’m statisfied he got it wrong. 

Incidentally, telling the players at half time that he got it wrong and asking them if they wanted to have a go at Celtic in the second half, FFS! I’d be happier if CL sought the players opinions prior to the game in future.

Good post spot on

Victor Meldrew
23 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Been the theme of the past month I’m afraid. Big game after big game where we haven’t even gone close. Injuries are having a massive impact, no doubt about that, but you have to question how much we’ve really improved.

And yet, we're at the top of the league, having played each of the Old Firm in Glasgow.

If that's not an improvement, then I'm not sure what you would consider to be. 

Are you saying that you wouldn't have accepted this position at the start of the season?

3 hours ago, Blackpool tae Gorgie said:

Well another bad weekend.But no matter I will be be back up next Saturday,why because I camnae help it.64 now had more hits than the rolling stones.But no matter how bad you feel fellow Jambos thank the lord for the fact you are a Jambo.

I take your 64 and raise you to my 71, all the way from Dumbarton, and I have first claim on the medical services due to seniority.

And, by the way, I do.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope and hope does not disappoint."
(Romans 5:3-4 ESV)

Edited by colinmaroon

Victor Meldrew

Ultimately, each game is worth 3 points, whether it is against Celtic Rangers or St Mirren. If we're going to perform badly in Glasgow, we need to make sure that we perform well everywhere else. So far, we have done - that's why we're top of the league. 

What we need more than anything else is for our opponents to take points from each other. We saw Killie draw with Rangers in midweek then lose today to Aberdeen - a great outcome for us. Hibs lost yesterday. Celtic have dropped points unexpectedly from time to time. If that continues, then it will do us a massive favour, provided we can keep winning.

Blackpool tae Gorgie
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I take your 64 and raise you to my 71, all the way from Dumbarton, and I have first claim on the medical services due to seniority.

And, by the way, I do.

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope and hope does not disappoint."
(Romans 5:3-4 ESV)

Brilliant

• 1 month later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 03/11/2018 at 15:45, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Been the theme of the past month I’m afraid. Big game after big game where we haven’t even gone close. Injuries are having a massive impact, no doubt about that, but you have to question how much we’ve really improved.

This.

On 03/11/2018 at 15:48, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s how I feel too but we’ll see over the duration of the season. Be surprised if our league position is much better tbh

It’s December. Season finishes May.