*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
Tynieman

Edinburgh council housing / association flats

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm relating what i've been told on 4 or 5 occasions whether it's right or wrong I don't know as I've never been involved in the process but it's certainly some people's perception of the process. Utter tripe is indeed what you wrote above that. The woman was in her 40's and a big supporter of labour.

If she thinks you need to be an immigrant to get preferential treatment in the council housing market, she’s either a racist or naive enough to believe racist rhetoric. 

You can decide which of the two. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If she thinks you need to be an immigrant to get preferential treatment in the council housing market, she’s either a racist or naive enough to believe racist rhetoric. 

You can decide which of the two. 

As I said earlier it's clearly the perception she has had during a protracted search and wait for a house. Again, I've heard this from others so perhaps the council need to be totally transparent on the parameters for the classifications. 

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As I said earlier it's clearly the perception she has had during a protracted search and wait for a house. Again, I've heard this from others so perhaps the council need to be totally transparent on the parameters for the classifications. 

In your opinion.

I personally don't think the council should have to point out that they don't just had houses over to immigrants as soon as they get off the plane to appease some racists.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

In your opinion.

I personally don't think the council should have to point out that they don't just had houses over to immigrants as soon as they get off the plane to appease some racists.

I've not suggested that's what they say you idiot. Just make it clear what is required for the various levels. Having just looked at their pdf on their website it's all a bit vague. But that's just my opinion. 

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've not suggested that's what they say you idiot. Just make it clear what is required for the various levels. Having just looked at their pdf on their website it's all a bit vague. But that's just my opinion. 

What isn't clear about it?

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20054/council_and_housing_association_homes/352/find_a_home

Phil Dunphy
39 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There's no need to get offensive because you've bought into a racist mentality.

3.5.1 Gold Priority

Gold priority is awarded when the current property does not meet, and cannot be adapted, the housing needs of the applicant or a member of their household. This is only awarded after an assessment as described in 2.3.1.

Gold priority (urgent) is usually only awarded in exceptional circumstances, for example to enable a hospital discharge. This priority is also awarded to prevent long term hospital and care home admissions and forms part of a wider support and care package.

It seems to not mention anything about needing to have come from another country.

JamesM48
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It seems to not mention anything about needing to have come from another country.

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

well said

JamesM48
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

She's not the only person I've heard that from. 

well they are also scare mongering 

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

well they are also scare mongering 

Maybe they are but why would they? 

Mikey1874
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe they are but why would they? 

They are clearly wrong

These ideas are out there - frustration and ignorance