Edinburgh council housing / association flats

Tynieman

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm relating what i've been told on 4 or 5 occasions whether it's right or wrong I don't know as I've never been involved in the process but it's certainly some people's perception of the process. Utter tripe is indeed what you wrote above that. The woman was in her 40's and a big supporter of labour.

If she thinks you need to be an immigrant to get preferential treatment in the council housing market, she’s either a racist or naive enough to believe racist rhetoric. 

You can decide which of the two. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If she thinks you need to be an immigrant to get preferential treatment in the council housing market, she’s either a racist or naive enough to believe racist rhetoric. 

You can decide which of the two. 

As I said earlier it's clearly the perception she has had during a protracted search and wait for a house. Again, I've heard this from others so perhaps the council need to be totally transparent on the parameters for the classifications. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As I said earlier it's clearly the perception she has had during a protracted search and wait for a house. Again, I've heard this from others so perhaps the council need to be totally transparent on the parameters for the classifications. 

In your opinion.

I personally don't think the council should have to point out that they don't just had houses over to immigrants as soon as they get off the plane to appease some racists.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

In your opinion.

I personally don't think the council should have to point out that they don't just had houses over to immigrants as soon as they get off the plane to appease some racists.

I've not suggested that's what they say you idiot. Just make it clear what is required for the various levels. Having just looked at their pdf on their website it's all a bit vague. But that's just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've not suggested that's what they say you idiot. Just make it clear what is required for the various levels. Having just looked at their pdf on their website it's all a bit vague. But that's just my opinion. 

What isn't clear about it?

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20054/council_and_housing_association_homes/352/find_a_home

39 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There's no need to get offensive because you've bought into a racist mentality.

3.5.1 Gold Priority

Gold priority is awarded when the current property does not meet, and cannot be adapted, the housing needs of the applicant or a member of their household. This is only awarded after an assessment as described in 2.3.1.

Gold priority (urgent) is usually only awarded in exceptional circumstances, for example to enable a hospital discharge. This priority is also awarded to prevent long term hospital and care home admissions and forms part of a wider support and care package.

It seems to not mention anything about needing to have come from another country.

18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It seems to not mention anything about needing to have come from another country.

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

well said

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

She's not the only person I've heard that from. 

well they are also scare mongering 

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe they are but why would they? 

They are clearly wrong

These ideas are out there - frustration and ignorance 

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

sorry for the bump but I thought I’d share my good news - I’ve was offered and I am now settled into a lovely council place near town.

It was a wreck before I moved in but I was fortunate that I had a few good friends who helped turn the place around and now it feels like home.

This is something I’ve been registered and bidding for every week for years and years (17 actually), and I’m 31 now.

I’ve finally got my own place to all home!

I’d also like to thank Sexton Hardcastle and JamesM48 for their help and advice in terms of this thread.

if you both manage to read this, I’ll either make a donation in both of your names to FOH, or if you prefer, I’ll arrange for a few beers to be sent to you if you PM your details.

The start of a good news story thread for us maybe?

HHGH

Edited by Tynieman

49 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

sorry for the bump but I thought I’d share my good news - I’ve was offered and I am now settled into a lovely council place near town.

It was a wreck before I moved in but I was fortunate that I had a few good friends who helped turn the place around and now it feels like home.

This is something I’ve been registered and bidding for every week for years and years (17 actually), and I’m 31 now.

I’d also like to thank Sexton Hardcastle and JamesM48 for their help and advice in terms of this thread.

if you both manage to read this, I’ll either make a donation in both of your names to FOH, or if you prefer, I’ll arrange for a few beers to be sent to you if you PM your details.

HHGH

Well done mate.....

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

A bit of good news for a change. Enjoy! :cheers:

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

Great news, something in short supply in 2020.

Hope you settle in fine and have many happy years there.

What's the bidding thing?

Does the council not just offer(3x) you a house, of which you accept or refuse. When you hit the top end of the list.

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

Really pleased for you.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
22 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

That's great news .  Very happy for you.  You'll feel more content and settled now.   Unsure how long you have had the tenancy , but there are very charities and agencies which can help to provide grants etc to help with white good and furniture , dependant on your current financial situation ? No need to buy me  a drink or donate as giving advice and support to fellow Jambos is a reward itself. 

Edited by JamesM48

23 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

Good news, enjoy your new home. 👍

23 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

Well that's warmed the cockles somewhat. 👍

On 07/08/2020 at 22:13, Tynieman said:

Hi all,

HHGH

Excellent mate, glad to hear it can be done. Registered with Edindex on my 16th birthday and the worst mistake I made was to stop bidding. Now I'm almost 27, stuck in the vicious circle of private letting and never having enough to save for a mortgage! I should really try and get back into it.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Excellent mate, glad to hear it can be done. Registered with Edindex on my 16th birthday and the worst mistake I made was to stop bidding. Now I'm almost 27, stuck in the vicious circle of private letting and never having enough to save for a mortgage! I should really try and get back into it.

Feel for people in your situation.

Must really be crap.

I hope thing take a turn for the better.

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Feel for people in your situation.

Must really be crap.

I hope thing take a turn for the better.

In fairness mate, my position is a culmination of poor life choices but at the end of the day, when you're 18-19, you don't really appreciate how hard it's going to be. The world in that sense is a pretty ****ed up one though. Working all day just to scrape a wage and line someone else's pocket so I can sleep somewhere at night. Mental.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Locky said:

In fairness mate, my position is a culmination of poor life choices but at the end of the day, when you're 18-19, you don't really appreciate how hard it's going to be. The world in that sense is a pretty ****ed up one though. Working all day just to scrape a wage and line someone else's pocket so I can sleep somewhere at night. Mental.

Totally understand when you are young what can happen.
As your only 27 still time to right things.

It’s certainly a crazy world and this latest thing has added to it.

maroonlegions
On 31/10/2018 at 18:35, JamesM48 said:

Can i ask what age you are? if your over 55 it may help.  

What is the difference in age, 55 and over, does that put you up the list, not asking for myself just curiosity. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

What is the difference in age, 55 and over, does that put you up the list, not asking for myself just curiosity. 

You get more priority as you would be deemed as more vulnerable staying in hostels or b and bs> you would be more likely to have health conditions too 

Edited by JamesM48