• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carl Fredrickson

• John Findlay

• Phil Dunphy

• CavySlaveJambo

If I could go back in time and watch somebody in their prime it would be Freddie, unreal vocals, planning on going after pay day, let us know how it is!

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If I could go back in time and watch somebody in their prime it would be Freddie, unreal vocals, planning on going after pay day, let us know how it is!

Will do ??

Would have loved over to have been at Wembley in ‘86. He had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand that day. 

Picked up the soundtrack CD.  There are a few things on that for Queen collectors - including Live Aid tracks and some previously unreleased live tracks.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Picked up the soundtrack CD.  There are a few things on that for Queen collectors - including Live Aid tracks and some previously unreleased live tracks.

The soundtrack is incredible, although I’m not sure how I feel about the updated ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’. 

The ‘Love Of My Life’ is wonderful. Surprised I’d never heard it before. 

Carl Fredrickson

Looking forward to seeing it. Was a big fan of Queen in my younger days and say their last gig at Knebworth.

Havent listened to them much for a long time but since Christmas my 8 year old son has got into them and loves them. We are going to see a tribute act next week at the Usher Hall and he wants to see the film too. 

Let me know if it is family friendly! 

19 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Looking forward to seeing it. Was a big fan of Queen in my younger days and say their last gig at Knebworth.

Havent listened to them much for a long time but since Christmas my 8 year old son has got into them and loves them. We are going to see a tribute act next week at the Usher Hall and he wants to see the film too. 

BBFC_12A_150px-height_0.png?itok=fk9zakP

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Its a 12A so your son can go with you. I'm taking my 10yr old son so that he can see his 28yr old brother play Freddie when Freddie is playing the piano.

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Its a 12A so your son can go with you. I'm taking my 10yr old son so that he can see his 28yr old brother play Freddie when Freddie is playing the piano.

I thought you would post, being the proud dad that you are. If you are at the same showing as me I will know who you are as you will be beaming with pride. 

I knew the rating was 12A but some 12As are more mature than others. He loves the Jurassic World movies that are 12A too. I will take him and be prepared for some explaining on the way home :

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I thought you would post, being the proud dad that you are. If you are at the same showing as me I will know who you are as you will be beaming with pride. 

I knew the rating was 12A but some 12As are more mature than others. He loves the Jurassic World movies that are 12A too. I will take him and be prepared for some explaining on the way home :

By all accounts they’ve left out the part about the parties with naked waiters and dwarves with trays of cocaine on their heads. 

His homosexuality does apparently make up a vital part of the plot though, whether you think your son’s a bit young for that. 

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

By all accounts they’ve left out the part about the parties with naked waiters and dwarves with trays of cocaine on their heads. 

His homosexuality does apparently make up a vital part of the plot though, whether you think your son’s a bit young for that. 

Dr Who on Sunday made us chat about racism so maybe BR may allow us to start a discussion about sexuality too.....When I was 8 it was Action Man and football! 

4 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Dr Who on Sunday made us chat about racism so maybe BR may allow us to start a discussion about sexuality too.....When I was 8 it was Action Man and football! 

I’ve no doubt your son is probably more aware of the world we live in than we were at his age :laugh:

I’m sure he’ll love it. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am not ashamed to admit that I cry every time I hear These Are The Days Of Our Lives. 

Every time. 

I get a lump in my throat as well mate.

36 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Saturday night at Ocean Terminal for me and the wee man.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am not ashamed to admit that I cry every time I hear These Are The Days Of Our Lives. 

Every time. 

That and the Show must go on. Very poignant. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Every time. 

Great song. 

Only saw Queen once. They supported Mott the Hoople at the Caley in ‘73 and they blew Mott off the stage. Freddie fell of the stage as well, mind you. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That your laddie, John, aye?

Excellent work. You must be well proud.

?

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That your laddie, John, aye?

Excellent work. You must be well proud.

?

Aye. His four years at uni weren't wasted afterall?.

Carl Fredrickson
14 minutes ago, five wan said:

I was lucky enough to Queen at Knebworth in August 86, tremendous concert and what a showman Freddie was.

I was standing next to a tree, to the side of the sound desks and i thought we were miles from the stage. When Live Magic was released the centrefold photo was of Knebworth and we were a LOT nearer the front than i had thought. 

I had just turned 16 and was staying the summer at my brothers in Yorkshire. The coach we had was one of hundreds in the coach park. To this day I have no idea how we found it as it was pitch dark in the coach park. 

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Saturday night at Ocean Terminal for me and the wee man.

It will probably be Friday night for me if his mum lets him out. I could go on Saturday but then I would need to take my 3 year old daughter (anything beyond We Will Rock You and Radio Gaga and she gets bored)

Just now, davemclaren said:

Great song. 

Only saw Queen once. They supported Mott the Hoople at the Caley in ‘73 and they blew Mott off the stage. Freddie fell of the stage as well, mind you. 

I had a ticket and never went i've always regretted it loved Mott as well

Just now, davemclaren said:

45 years of regret. ?

Don't know why i didn't go was probably kicking a ball about and thought i'll go next time 

13 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

It will probably be Friday night for me if his mum lets him out. I could go on Saturday but then I would need to take my 3 year old daughter (anything beyond We Will Rock You and Radio Gaga and she gets bored)

Lol. I might do Friday. See how stroppy a 10 year old feels after a tough 3 and a half days at school this week?.

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Our overnight bus from Edinburgh got us for about 9 on the morning. To get in before official opening time we had to hand over our full ticket to the hells angels security who the resold the tickets from a caravan. You’re right I still don’t know how I managed to find the bus again, and the police boarding the buses looking for people

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The soundtrack is incredible, although I’m not sure how I feel about the updated ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’. 

The ‘Love Of My Life’ is wonderful. Surprised I’d never heard it before. 

Quite strange as that is on 'A night at the opera' which also features bohemian rhapsody, I think it's quite a good album (queen are my fave band) although I also think that bo rhap has been played to death :(

It is also one of the tracks that Freddie used to let the whole crowd sing, I think it's gorgeous!!

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Every time. 

JUst read that and had a tear!! :)

1. 20th Century Fox Theme 0:25
2. Somebody To Love 4:56
3. Doing All Right… revisited (Performed by Smile) 3:17
4. Keep Yourself Alive (Live At The Rainbow) 3:56
5. Killer Queen 2:59
6. Fat Bottomed Girls (Live In Paris) 4:38
7. Bohemian Rhapsody 5:55
8. Now I’m Here (Live At Hammersmith Odeon) 4:26
9. Crazy Little Thing Called Love 2:43
10. Love Of My Life (Rock In Rio) 4:29
11. We Will Rock You (Movie Mix) 2:09
12. Another One Bites The Dust 3:35
13. I Want To Break Free 3:43
14. Under Pressure (Performed by Queen & David Bowie) 4:04
15. Who Wants To Live Forever 5:15
16. Bohemian Rhapsody (Live Aid) 2:28
17. Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid) 4:06
18. Ay-Oh (Live Aid) 0:41
19. Hammer To Fall (Live Aid) 4:04
20. We Are The Champions (Live Aid) 3:57
21. Don’t Stop Me Now… revisited 3:38
22. The Show Must Go On 4:32

looks like one great soundtrack

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, five wan said:

Our overnight bus from Edinburgh got us for about 9 on the morning. To get in before official opening time we had to hand over our full ticket to the hells angels security who the resold the tickets from a caravan. You’re right I still don’t know how I managed to find the bus again, and the police boarding the buses looking for people

Someone got knifed near the front of the stage. Turned out it was someone from Glasgow that did it. No bus was allowed to leave until they were all checked. 

A great gig - Beluous (sp?) Some got pelters. Big Country won the crowd over after a hostile reception and Status Quo were, well just what they are. 

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Great song. 

My old man talks about seeing this gig, went to see Mott the Hoople and came away loving Queen, think he would have been 14 at the time

Just now, Bozi said:

My old man talks about seeing this gig, went to see Mott the Hoople and came away loving Queen, think he would have been 14 at the time

Great gig. I was 16 and only went to see Queen really. I had outgrown Mott by then. ?

3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Someone got knifed near the front of the stage. Turned out it was someone from Glasgow that did it. No bus was allowed to leave until they were all checked. 

A great gig - Beluous (sp?) Some got pelters. Big Country won the crowd over after a hostile reception and Status Quo were, well just what they are. 

Yeah I remember when I arrived home and hearing that someone had been killed.

Belouis Some?? who I had never heard of was on first and I have not heard him of since.

Then the  Status Quo roadie who was on top of the top of the stage with a massive cut out guitar giving it lalldy (he was sacked after that).

Big Country who were on just before Queen we’re good and they did win the crowd over. It was a great day and a great gig.

Saw Queen at Hyde Park, it was that or a Chelsea home game. Kiki Dee was funny, with the card board Elton John picture. Sadly it was much later before I fully appreciated Queen, as I do now. Looking forward to this film.

Budgie's Boyfriend

The film is getting really bad reviews , could only take so much of Freddie M , bit like a male version of Whitney Houston , Queen were good though.

18 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Off to see this tomorrow night, anyone else going?

They looks like they’ve got it spot on with Remi Malik as Freddie. 

Been reading some positive reviews. Might just go to see it myself.

...a bit disco

Used my Meerkat Movies code to book 2 tickets for tonight for me and the wife.

Should be good, especially in the recliners at Wester Hailes!

N Lincs Jambo

My daughters went to see this today in Manchester. They're not home till tomorrow so will need to wait for their verdict. Hopefully positive!

I've seen trailers for it the last couple of times I've been to the pictures and it looks a bit crap, maybe one for the Queen fans.