Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

south morocco

He is not match fit, clearly. He was in the team today as a last resort i would guess? Thought he cane into it a bit as the game progressed. 

Unfortunate for him. 

I

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Tonight was an improvement on his previous performances. I think it could be another 5 or 6 games before we'll start to see the best of him.

There was countless opportunities in the 2nd half to drive down the line or at least put himself out wide to give himself the opportunity to get down the line and put a ball in, didn’t happen once kept passing sideways or stepping inside. I think we should have played him up top with Morrison wide, the amount of long balls up top and it was only a wee short arse winger up there. Was a strange tactic from levein 

32 minutes ago, DVB said:

First 30 mins off the pace.

Next 55 mins best man on the park.

That's how I saw it. Change of approach in second half brought him into the game. In the first half the whole midfield was being bypassed, not just Clare.

Athletic and skillful. By the end of the season we will be dreading the predatory bids.

Had a few good passes to feet, in midfield, seems to be his strong suit. However should stick to that. Trying anything else, wasn't working. Maybe needs more time, but we need something to happen now, up front.

Though Clare took about 50-60 mins to settle into the game tonight, but once he did you could see his quality. He’s going to take time to adjust to the pace of our game, and tonight’s was played non-stop at 100mph.

south morocco

I will re- iterate.  Sean Clare is not match fit. He was brought in to enhance us maybe after the new year.Thats plan has been torn up due to injuries. We are now basically running on empty until the winter break,hence having to play unfit players ou of position. Have patience and keep the faith

wattie exploited
45 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Folk must think differently about his performance than I do. For a guy with so much suggested quality - I just can't see it.

Lightweight, no drive and sideways passing. This was an opportunity to show what he has, I hope it is much more than we saw tonight.

I agree with you I hope he is a better player than what he showed tonight !,he seemed to hid a lot in the game and a lot of side ways passing ,never seen much of attacking dribbling that he was quoted as saying he like to do  anyway hope he gets better than what he showed tonight 

Riddley Walker

If we're brutally honest he was pretty poor tonight. However I can see a player in there and I think he just needs games.

Have absolutely no idea why Levein played Morrison up front and him out wide in the first half considering they were both out of position and Morrison looked dangerous when he got the ball out wide.

Walter Bishop

2nd half was best player for me. Always wanted on the ball, only player prepared to travel with it. He will come good i have no doubt at all. Needs to play centrally though.

47 minutes ago, schillaci said:

That's how I saw it. Change of approach in second half brought him into the game. In the first half the whole midfield was being bypassed, not just Clare.

Athletic and skillful. By the end of the season we will be dreading the predatory bids.

This for me too. Innit weird how folk can watch the same game and see things differently

I thought he did well enough given the circumstances and that it was his first start for us. He showed a couple of flashes of real promise, showing running strength and quality on the ball. I'm excited to think what he could do once he gets some confidence, gets up to speed and gets the feel of our game.

Early days, will come good. Some are so so quick to judge. Look back at former players who took a while to settle...Pressley, Hartley, Zakiukas

31 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Doesn't have it for me...there's things I look for and he has none 

Whst is it you “look for”? :rofl:

He’s played 28mins against Aberdeen, 14 mins in a game that was over against Celtic and tonight got his first start in a ferocious and frenetic Edinburgh derby! He’s not match fit, hasn’t played first team football in over 8 months and is coming into a patched up Hearts side!!!  Absolute insanity to be writing off a guy who was attracting the attentions of way bigger clubs than Hearts when he was flying earlier this calendar year! 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, magicTs said:

He’s played 28mins against Aberdeen, 14 mins in a game that was over against Celtic and tonight got his first start in a ferocious and frenetic Edinburgh derby! He’s not match fit, hasn’t played first team football in over 8 months and is coming into a patched up Hearts side!!!  Absolute insanity to be writing off a guy who was attracting the attentions of way bigger clubs than Hearts when he was flying earlier this calendar year! 

Definitely, he was better in the 2nd half. Smith continually moaning at him to help him cover Lewis Stevenson in the first half didn’t help him at all. Still needs to get used to the pace of these games, others like Lee and Bozanic were poor and barely got the ball out to him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I thought he was pish, personally. He may come good but he is hardly worth a starting position right now.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I thought he was pish, personally. He may come good but he is hardly worth a starting position right now.

Craig Levein was delighted he got 80 odd minutes. How would you suggest he is given game time? We've clearly been forced to play him tonight given the limited alternative options.

3 hours ago, cruzabic said:

Doesn't have it for me...there's things I look for and he has none 

What do you look for ?

5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Early days, will come good. Some are so so quick to judge. Look back at former players who took a while to settle...Pressley, Hartley, Zakiukas

Well said Frankie boi! Same with Amankwaa boy could score a hattrick all assisted by Djoum and certain people would still say they are shit and shouldn’t ever kick a ball. 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I thought he did well enough given the circumstances and that it was his first start for us. He showed a couple of flashes of real promise, showing running strength and quality on the ball. I'm excited to think what he could do once he gets some confidence, gets up to speed and gets the feel of our game.

That was my thoughts on him too Smithee

3 hours ago, magicTs said:

Twice in one night iv agreed with ya , apocalypse is nigh!!!

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He’s not match fit and we are patched up. He did well considering he’s not upto speed and a derby is a hard place to make your first start had plenty good wee touches didn’t try to do too much with it. Also had some good link up play particularly in the second half after a few not so good touches in the first half. Should be a good asset to us once upto speed. 

I honestly can’t believe that people on here didn’t think he had a good game. The guy has lots of quality. Tired a bit at the end, but will make a huge difference to us. Great signing.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, magicTs said:

Craig Levein was delighted he got 80 odd minutes. How would you suggest he is given game time? We've clearly been forced to play him tonight given the limited alternative options.

How did we give Tam Flogel game time, just to mention a player who made a slow start? Answer: We brought him off the bench till he got acclimatised with the game in Scotland. Clare needs similar treatment.

William H. Bonney

I think he needs to adapt to the pace and style of Scottish football. Should glimpses of what he has to offer. 

Clearly lacks confidence too. 

fabienleclerq

His first start in a blood and thunder derby, he's been out since march and not had a proper present season. I never understand why people are desperate to slate players before giving them a chnace. Maybe they feel they are being a bit edgy.

I've seen enough that he has good ability and if we get him fit and find his best position we have a player. 

Had a poor game. Looked slow and ponderous on the ball and lost it on quite a few occasions. 

Far too too early for him. No doubt he will improve with fitness 

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Can tell he's an athlete. Very pacy and looks like he puts no effort into it. Once fit he could be an absolute star

Can clearly see he is a player 

piano piano 

GorgieBoysAreInTown

Ran about looking like he was going through the motions. Can’t remember one thing he done that influenced the game positively for us..

morrison however... 

He looked like he was feeling his way and possibly thought Scottish football would be a bit easier, needs to link better with his teammates, not an easy game to make your full debut on though so will be interesting to see what he grows into.

He had a poor first half on the right hand side with missed passes and seemed to struggle with the pace.

Second half he was much better. Seemed to have been given a freer role and was popping up on the left and middle and looked comfortable.

As he gets used to the pace of the Scottish game I think he'll be a good signing. 

Tennant's  6's

Would like to see him in a normal game, where he'd have more tjme on the ball to get his head up abd run with the ball/ play somenne in. 

Looks like he can play across the front line, just off a main striker.

10 hours ago, magicTs said:

6 hours ago, sadj said:

What do you look for ?

Well said Frankie boi! Same with Amankwaa boy could score a hattrick all assisted by Djoum and certain people would still say they are shit and shouldn’t ever kick a ball. 

That was my thoughts on him too Smithee

Twice in one night iv agreed with ya , apocalypse is nigh!!!

He’s not match fit and we are patched up. He did well considering he’s not upto speed and a derby is a hard place to make your first start had plenty good wee touches didn’t try to do too much with it. Also had some good link up play particularly in the second half after a few not so good touches in the first half. Should be a good asset to us once upto speed. 

What I look for? Someone that can actively add to a game, has an okay touch, doesn't just pass the ball backwards? He has none of those, this "match fit" pish doesn't take away your ability to pass/find space/actually control a ball...

On 01/11/2018 at 07:18, henry said:

Clare been pitched in far too early but we don’t have much choice. Hoping the boy comes good. No one can be critical of him. 

I am really hoping this is the case henry, he looked lost again at the weekend.

I think it surprises people that come from England and the continent how much blood and thunder our game is about - the pace catches them by surprise and they need to adapt, Craig said he would give him that time but with Peter heading out soon with his hernia we will need extra cover.

He gets caught in possession far to easily and has got to improve on his passing game.

Not writing the kid off I just want to see more from him, the same could be said about Demi, albeit out of position IMO for most of the season.

pettigrewsstylist
On 31/10/2018 at 23:11, Doc Rob said:

Before signing for us he was linked with Swansea, Villa and Leeds, amongst others, and the Wednesday fans were clearly gutted to lose him, judging from their extreme sour grapes. He is clearly highly rated by a lot of people, though it seems this is based more on potential than achievements. He is only 22.

Scottish top flight football requires a certain type of player. Levein certainly knows this and i trust his judgment more often than not. Frustratingly not clicking yet. Suspect he wil come good.

He does seem to have been thrown in at the deep end and asked to swim - hopefully some game time against bottom 6 opposition will help him find his feet.

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Scottish top flight football requires a certain type of player. Levein certainly knows this and i trust his judgment more often than not. Frustratingly not clicking yet. Suspect he wil come good.

I agree, he'll come good, he has indeed been very frustrating so far though. Someone used the phrase "going through the motions", that's exactly what I thought yesterday. However, he's a guy spurs were into before his injury, and that suggests he might have something we haven't seen yet. 

If Naismith and Uche hadn’t suffered injuries, this guy would be playing development games to get up to speed, with the odd appearance on the bench.  He’s clearly struggling with the pace, as you’d expect.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree, he'll come good, he has indeed been very frustrating so far though. Someone used the phrase "going through the motions", that's exactly what I thought yesterday. However, he's a guy spurs were into before his injury, and that suggests he might have something we haven't seen yet. 

I found watching him continuously let Tierney cross the ball into the box extremely frustrating. However he’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet and is maybe lacking some confidence at the minute. He’s got to be given time to settle in. 

Spurs, Everton Villa and Swansea can't see it myself. The guy is 22 and played around 30 pro games mostly in League 1 or League 2 down south. Hopefully he knuckles down and works harder as he looks lost just now, loads of time left on his 3 year deal for him to settle.

11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I found watching him continuously let Tierney cross the ball into the box extremely frustrating. However he’s very comfortable with the ball at his feet and is maybe lacking some confidence at the minute. He’s got to be given time to settle in. 

Coming from playing little first team football on Wednesdays to having to mark an experienced international like Tierney is a giant step up.  

Thrown into first team action due to our injury situation.  But he will come good.

Get rid. He's obviously Tom Kite. The JKB massive has spoken. 

He's nowhere near match fit but I thought, on Wed, particularly in the 2nd half you saw glimpses of what he will offer. There is no doubt in my mind that

a. Without our current injury crisis he wouldn't be playing yet, certainly not starting and

b' He will come good.

wattie exploited

he can only get better hopefully as so far he aint looked that good mind you saying that the whole midfield have been shit the last few games !!!!!  :HeartsManspotrun:

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

he can only get better hopefully as so far he aint looked that good mind you saying that the whole midfield have been shit the last few games !!!!!  :HeartsManspotrun:

He possibly didn't do himself any favours by saying he had been courted by a number of EPL teams before selecting HMFC, when there is no evidence to suggest that is actually the case. I'm guessing he is not fully fit yet, but having watched the games he has played so far I'm still none the wiser as to where he will fit into our side best.

Reminds me a bit of El Hass, although that might just be because hes a tall, skinny bloke wearing number 9. Hopefully hes more like a Sow once hes up and running.