Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

John mcCartney

debut 4 spot on,we all wants best for hearts .... lets face it were willing this geezer well but in reality
its all there bar the will....its amazing the standard that some hmfc fans have now gone to

was brilliant going to the piggery and taking the points tonight but we could have buried those rats with the
amount of counters in the second half

but the defence hung on valiantly

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

i wish jj was my dad
45 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I suggest a wider social circle ??

Correct.  I've been frustrated with him but he did a good job tonight. The laddie played well and from my seat should ha e won us a penalty

1 minute ago, geomac said:

or seriously blind fans / stupid / ignorant / never seen a game / racist / used to watching Barca / Messi cannae header?

Is this a serious post? If so go and have a lie down. I have no idea what you are talking about, but there again neither do you it seems.

Rankeillor_hearts
51 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

I think Clare is showing signs of improvement every game. He’s still young, coming back from a long term injury and also adjusting to the fast pace of the Scottish game. He’s got some nice touches, decent in the air and he put in a decent shift tonight. I think at times we can be a too quick in writing some players off. Our side is improving as the weeks go on and that will help as well. I hope he keeps improving and I’m fairly sure he will. 

I agree, he is getting up to speed, give him time.

20 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Is this a serious post? If so go and have a lie down. I have no idea what you are talking about, but there again neither do you it seems.

Yes!? In response to what you consider a good player, what is your criteria for a 'good player'

Sean Clare is now beginning to show signs that there is indeed a 'player' in there, once we get all our players back from injury and the team is once again ticking over nicely the pressure will be less intense on him and I'm sure we will be singing his praises by the end of the season.

jamboinglasgow

I thought he did more today then he has ever shown in a match. He was making more runs combining well with Naismith. Seems to be good at pulling the defenders around when he hasn't got the ball. 

I think his problem is that his confidence in the final third of the pitch means that to some fans he looks like he is not doing anything, if he can get that goal it will make big difference as you can see when he is in front of goal he is reluctant to pull the trigger or make the wrong decision. 

chester copperpot

I am going to pity baws on the one and say he is going to become one of our top players.

I like the look of him and think there's loads and loads more to come from this lad.

As a side note have had a horrid virus since boxing day and tnite has really made me feel so much better. Cheers Hearts (and Liverpool) 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Well, we all see things differently. 

At the game I saw a player too tentative to come off his marker and show for the ball.  Only in the last 10 mins of the first half did he realise that you need to take a good touch, think quick and be sharp with your play in a derby.

In the second his decision making isn’t there. He tries to head an impossible ball to Naisy when it’s about taking a touch and getting it down.  Then he wins a tackle but plays a nothing ball thereafter against Ambrose when he should be taking him on.

He’s too timid.

I believe there's a player there..but lacks confidence. He came with  reputation of pace and keen to take men on..he's hardly shown his pace and rarely run with the ball except on one or 2 occasions ..but summit tells me he could come good

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein tells BBC Sportsound: "I'm only worried about the feeling in the group and when I left the dressing room they sounded quite happy.

"We had to show a bit of resilience, especially at the end when they threw Darren McGregor up and really bombarded us.

"We just edged it but it was another really close match.

"This is a massive match for us. It was important to go into the winter break with another three points in our pocket.

"We'll get John Souttar and Uche Ikpeza back and David Vanecek in and maybe do another bit of business to strengthen us.

"Special mention for Sean Clare. That's was his best performance for us."

Pretty clear that:

a) CL knows he's not been very good so far

b) He thinks its down to confidence, so needs his tyres pumped

I thought he was decidedly average tonight and have no confidence in him doing anything effective with the ball at this point in time.

Good, articulate post. 

I think once Clare has a defined position and has a good run in that role, maybe scores a couple, his confidence will improve and we'll have a player.

Personally I'd like to see him cut in from wide-left, drive into the box. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What’s good about him then?

Like many others, you’re quick to defend everything about the club even if it isn’t adequate. 

What's wrong with defending the club you support? Being fairly critical is fair, but some **** on here take it to ridiculous, tears and snotters levels. It's ****** embarrassing for them at times.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry, can’t agree. 

Was hugely on the fringes.  

Couldn’t get to grips with the pace of the game and the incident when he got booked for diving was his own doing. 

He simply lacked the courage to impose himself in that moment and take charge of the ball.  

Utter tosh. There was contact and it isnt a dive.

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

At the game I saw a player too tentative to come off his marker and show for the ball.  Only in the last 10 mins of the first half did he realise that you need to take a good touch, think quick and be sharp with your play in a derby.

In the second his decision making isn’t there. He tries to head an impossible ball to Naisy when it’s about taking a touch and getting it down.  Then he wins a tackle but plays a nothing ball thereafter against Ambrose when he should be taking him on.

He’s too timid.

Think you're being harsh. He was a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 today. Lots of things didn't come off but he kept trying and made a good contribution to the win.

Edited by Guest

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s too timid.

Agree with this assessment Debut. Ignore the ignorants. The ridiculous attempt at a knock on to Naisy was suggestive of a guy who had no confidence in his own ability to take it in. To be fair his first touch, most of the time, suggests he is right.

Hope he improves and think he will but wouldnt be in my squad at the mo on performance alone.

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s too timid.

Exactly what I saw. He didn't want the ball at his feet to take a touch, struggled with short passes. I wonder if he is still recovering from ankle injury as he shys from every 50/50 tackle. I think we will see a different him after summer if he can build up the courage to stick his foot in to a tackle. 

12 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

On what evidence do people think it’s about “confidence”? I don’t see a player lacking “confidence”, I just don’t see a player. 

You didn't see a 'player' in Callum Paterson either. That's handy because it tells me how much attention I need to pay to your 'opinion'. 

9 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

“Like many others” I think he has got better every game and his cameo against Hamilton and full match tonight showed what he brings to the table. He has very good positional awareness and takes up good positions to receive the ball. He is direct with his running and has very good close control and technique. He has a good change of pace and can accelerate away from players. He helped set up the goal tonight and was involved in most of our most dangerous attacking moves.

8 hours ago, geomac said:

Yes!? In response to what you consider a good player, what is your criteria for a 'good player'

Wasting your time geomac, he is apparently a player because he “ran” or “won lots of flick on headers” and apparently had “lots of good touches”! It is cliche central on here in terms of assessing SC!

30 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

You didn't see a 'player' in Callum Paterson either. That's handy because it tells me how much attention I need to pay to your 'opinion'. 

Interestingly, when you listen to his manager or his team mates they all praise his effort and athleticism (which I have always said he has in abundance) but not one comment about his ability!

He's a slow burner.     Sometimes these types reach a point where they are fully comfortable and become great players.   It just all clicks.      He's not there yet but he is showing signs of incremental improvement.     Let's not forget that he is yet to see the benefit of playing in a true Levein set-up with a big,  robust target man.

He’s definitely getting better but short of confidence. Clearly got ability n I’m hopeful he’ll come good. Was it him with the lovely pirouette to take the ball away from two players?

Edited by BobbyJenkins

27 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Interestingly, when you listen to his manager or his team mates they all praise his effort and athleticism (which I have always said he has in abundance) but not one comment about his ability!

The same manager who recently said he reminded him of Colin Cameron? Praised his ball carrying skills? Said the rest would come with fitness and confidence? Ok then. 

I like Clare and he is getting better in every match. The only thing I would say is, until he is up to speed I'd like if he tried to do more simple things than silky. 

Also would love for him to shoot when played through on goal! ?

I think after the winter break we will see a player more up to speed with the game.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I like Clare and he is getting better in every match. The only thing I would say is, until he is up to speed I'd like if he tried to do more simple things than silky. 

Also would love for him to shoot when played through on goal! ?

I think after the winter break we will see a player more up to speed with the game.

Yes he is improving but not there yet .

Why do so many immediately take the 'hes dug shit' line ?

Surely you wait and see hoping/expecting a positive outcome ?

10 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

“Like many others” I think he has got better every game and his cameo against Hamilton and full match tonight showed what he brings to the table. He has very good positional awareness and takes up good positions to receive the ball. He is direct with his running and has very good close control and technique. He has a good change of pace and can accelerate away from players. He helped set up the goal tonight and was involved in most of our most dangerous attacking moves.

He will come good clearly has some talent and a very athletic lad 

may be next season but I think he looks promising 

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Wasting your time geomac, he is apparently a player because he “ran” or “won lots of flick on headers” and apparently had “lots of good touches”! It is cliche central on here in terms of assessing SC!

See the below three posts Bob which sum up the perfect response to your shite post...

1 hour ago, andyscott82 said:

41 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

He’s definitely getting better but short of confidence. Clearly got ability n I’m hopeful he’ll come good. Was it him with the lovely pirouette to take the ball away from two players?

36 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

The same manager who recently said he reminded him of Colin Cameron? Praised his ball carrying skills? Said the rest would come with fitness and confidence? Ok then. 

40 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

CP not SC! Pay attention!

10 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

You do what you like Frank, I dont give a feck.

If you don't give a ****....why bother replying especially when it's a load of shite that you reply with....don't think you would know a decent player if he kicked you in the balls.....

Improving all the time, bet he's tearing it up in training,

I don't think we'll have long to wait before he start showing his obvious class. 

18 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

CP not SC! Pay attention!

In my defence, it is hard to pay attention to your slavouring! And interestingly it still seems like you are sticking by your opinion on CP, which only reinforces my opinion that your views on SC are, to be polite, utter tripe and not worth paying attention to. 

46 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

If you don't give a ****....why bother replying especially when it's a load of shite that you reply with....don't think you would know a decent player if he kicked you in the balls.....

Yep I replied I dont give a feck what Frank thinks, - and the same applies to you.

I think you will find your method of knowing a decent player, is not the criteria for what a decent player is. It is however the language of the uneducated.

1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Yes

What is happening is exactly what Levein said would happen 

Hes been introduced a bit earlier than ideal after a bad injury and he is getting grief from the fans (quelle surprise our own fans steaming into one of our own players).

So Levein has been right so far.

The second part of what Levein said was that he was a hell of a player someone we really shouldn’t have been able to sign and once he gets going.....

I expect the second bit to happen from after the break....

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Improving all the time, bet he's tearing it up in training,

I don't think we'll have long to wait before he start showing his obvious class. 

Thought he did ok last night definite improvements 

28 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Yep I replied I dont give a feck what Frank thinks, - and the same applies to you.

I think you will find your method of knowing a decent player, is not the criteria for what a decent player is. It is however the language of the uneducated.

:leveinproblem:

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

:leveinproblem:

I wouldn't worry. gowestjambo got his nose all bent out of shape when challenged on his claim that Michael Smith shouldn't be given a new deal.

5 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Would give him our next penalty, maybe a goal is just what he needs for his confidence.

Agreed. Thought he should have been given then the pen against Hamilton. 

14 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Would give him our next penalty, maybe a goal is just what he needs for his confidence.

Didn't Palace try that with Benteke...and he missed.

Still not gave up on this lad, and think the January training camp will do wonders for his fitness.  A goal would certainly help his confidence too.  Don't think he played well last night though.

Defensively he was slow to close his man down several times which allowed them to get crosses into our box.  He should have done better with both opportunities when clean through, the first he should have hit with his left, that could be down to confidence to though.    Had some good moments but also lost possession a few times unnecessarily.  Didn't have an easy role last night in the position he was asked to play to be fair to him, and kept going right to the end.

Think he needs to find that extra half yard, a bit like Naismith last season, and could do with working on his upper body strength, but in terms of touch and ability I can see a player in there when fully fit.

13 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Disagree. Technique was what was missing tonight. Too often had a heavy a touch while dribbling and a few too many errant passes. Then tries to shoot with his right foot when put through which was never on. As well as not making enough of the penalty incident, as in should have done much much better. 

As as I say thought his effort, movement and pace were encouraging tonight. But I am still waiting to see the quality that everyone raves about when we signed him. 

Not make enough of the penalty!? He was fouled : boooked for diving (which it never was) so how could make more of it?

Some people just can’t wait for players to fail. 

Its clear that there is a player in there and he’s starting to improve.

nah let’s not be encouraged by the signs of improvement, let’s just moan and pick faults in other aspects of his game!