Sean Clare ( merged )

hthejambo

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He showed good movement and ability today, thought he was more of a threat than Maclean when he came on.

Totally agree. To me the only thing the lad is short of now is a bit of confidence. He needs a goal. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

Did ok today. Should have buried that chance when he passed to Djoum but must have panicked as his confidence can’t be too high right now

Johnny Sandiego

Think having Naismith beside him will help. His confidence is low but a goal will turn it round. Lets hope it comes on Sarurday if he plays!

3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Did ok today. Should have buried that chance when he passed to Djoum but must have panicked as his confidence can’t be too high right now

I dont think he did panic to be honest it was the right ball. Looked better today.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d have let him take the penalty tbh. Give him an opportunity to get the goal he needs to kick

on. 

Exactly. I know its a risk but I'd rather a forward takes a pen to build confidence 

1 minute ago, Deans-Hearts said:

Exactly. I know its a risk but I'd rather a forward takes a pen to build confidence 

Unless they miss them anyway, which seems to be the way.

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Goes into shock when he sees the goalposts. Must've been wearing blinkers when he missed Djoum running through the middle and chose to pass out wide. Jury still out IMO.

He had just came on at this point that’s miced with a severe lack of confidence means he’s not seeing simple balls, nothing like a goal in the derby to fix that, fancy him to score in another famous victory 

A heavy touch to lay off Djoum just after he came on but after that he was quite good, running forward with pace and playing it forward and mostly finding a Hearts jersey.

He's won a few flick on headers too. Definitely improving, has to keep it it.

Sean Clare is a baller, their I've said it! 

Will score against the hobbits and you'll all love him.

Ps I'm pished :)

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, red said:

He walted past 2/3 players in a moment of magic and brilliant change of pace and close control. 

Yeah that was a decent bit of play. Hopefully it’s the start of him starting to show himself. 

Thought he did reasonably well today. He was clearly shorn of confidence and he’s fighting his way back in to it, but he badly, badly needs a goal.

Was crossing everything for him when he broke through on the keeper, but he clearly didn’t want to miss and draw the derision from the supporters.

34 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d have let him take the penalty tbh. Give him an opportunity to get the goal he needs to kick

on. 

He’d have probably passed the penalty

I think most of the team are lacking in confidence, Not just Clare. 

You can see the difference a player like Naismith makes, 

It's not just his ability, His confidence is always there. He knows who he is and what he can do. 

12 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I think most of the team are lacking in confidence, Not just Clare. 

You can see the difference a player like Naismith makes, 

It's not just his ability, His confidence is always there. He knows who he is and what he can do. 

Cant argue with that

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Clair Spent a good 5 mins at the end of the game chatting to fans in the Gorgie end. 

Good to hear .

Thinking he's beginning to show what he can do .

Overhit pass to Morrison when he first came on . Comment from droning Ahole behind me "how awful are you" !

Thought the pass to Djoum was the correct ball .

Was getting into the right positions and looked very athletic . 

I'm optimistic 

13 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Away and spurt yer bacteria-laden load elsewhere.

Very telling that even when he played well today and scored with good composure to take the goal and was getting in good positions some still slate him.....

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Overhit pass to Morrison when he first came on . Comment from droning Ahole behind me "how awful are you" !

A pair of arses in front of me went mental about that, though I suspect they were waiting for the chance as soon as he got ready to come on. For christ sake he had been on no time and it was actually a very good decision just a coupe of yards too long, these things come with game time and finding your range.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Very telling that even when he played well today and scored with good composure to take the goal and was getting in good positions some still slate him.....

In defence of the spurter, I'm fairly sure that the "-ism" his posts on this thread were motivated by was "Hibernianism", rather than anything even more sinister...

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A pair of arses in front of me went mental about that, though I suspect they were waiting for the chance as soon as he got ready to come on. For christ sake he had been on no time and it was actually a very good decision just a coupe of yards too long, these things come with game time and finding your range.

Yes the ones behind me were condemning Clare before he came on . They also hate Smith and MacLean .

No matter what they do they are wrong 

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He showed good movement and ability today, thought he was more of a threat than Maclean when he came on.

100% this. He was involved in more prominent play in 5 mins than McLean managed his entire game. 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

I thought his pass was the right option as their goalie had narrowed the angle well. I would have let him take the

penalty and not Smith. Life and opinions eh ?

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes the ones behind me were condemning Clare before he came on . They also hate Smith and MacLean .

No matter what they do they are wrong 

Sound like idiots. Last season Michael Smith was. 6.5/10 every game this season he’s stepped that up to around 7.5/10 with a few 8/10 games scattered amongst it. A back four with Smith, Garuccio, Berra and wither Souttar or Dunne will be pretty solid for the second half of the season. MacLean was notably better today with Naismith bringing him into the game. Real shame that he didn’t get a goal. 

For the first time there looks like there is a player in there . 

Looks to have good pace and his touch looks more assured apart from his first pass today .

Much   more encouraging performance today . 

The Future's Maroon

It’s about managing expectations, something extremely rare on here, the boy has talent no doubt.

What he needs is time to get fit and match ready, then the adjustment to the Scottish game.

Some posts slating him after a handful games, tedious but all very kickback.

Although I will note a lots of negative, not all, posts come just after a defeat (when folk are looking for someone to blame)...or by posters who only ever appear after a bad result (trolls or Hobbits).

I would start him instead of MacLean against Hibs. Much more mobile and has pace...MacLean is offering very little at the moment.

queensferryjambo
18 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Looks to have good pace and his touch looks more assured apart from his first pass today .

I have thought in previous games he had put in a pile of decent crosses win nobody getting on the end of them.

Think he showed a bit more to his game today.

I really do think he will come good. A goal for confidence wouldn't go a miss.

pettigrewsstylist

Continues to offer nothing at the momemt to justify inclusion in first team squad i can see. Im still waiting and hoping. 

willie wallace
4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Continues to offer nothing at the momemt to justify inclusion in first team squad i can see. Im still waiting and hoping. 

Same for me at the moment I am afraid.If he does not have the confidence to have a go against the poorest team I have seen in a long time when will he.

2-0 up.he should have taken the penalty.

Hope he proves me wrong on Saturday?

been here before

I thought he was a little more direct this afternoon. Couple if poor decisions spoiling a couple of decent runs.

Still not getting the hype mind.

Clare desperately wanted to take the penalty....I think though that he needed someone far more senior to him to chuck him the ball and say....fill your boots son.....but that didn't happen. He was much better today but is lacking in confidence. 

Governor Tarkin

When Clare has had a run of games in a team on a run of form and with a bit of confidence he'll be the type of chap you stump up your ticket money to watch.

36 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It’s about managing expectations, something extremely rare on here, the boy has talent no doubt.

What he needs is time to get fit and match ready, then the adjustment to the Scottish game.

Some posts slating him after a handful games, tedious but all very kickback.

Although I will note a lots of negative, not all, posts come just after a defeat (when folk are looking for someone to blame)...or by posters who only ever appear after a bad result (trolls or Hobbits).

I’m not sure how anyone can say there is no doubt he has talent. You’d have to be deluded in the extreme not to at least have reservations about what he has shown so far.

If ever there was a time to come on and show what you’ve got then that was today.

I really hope he comes good but I’m really not sure yet. Would probably start him on Saturday in place of MacLean right enough!!

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

When Clare has had a run of games in a team on a run of form and with a bit of confidence he'll be the type of chap you stump up your ticket money to watch.

What he said , decent player still to produce but anyone who can’t see a player in there needs to reavaluate there hobby

John mcCartney

i reckon it would ,he really needs a reality check if he is to succeed as a top level footballer
had another chance to show some class today,chance not taken........he wont get a sniff at fester if playedi reckon

really cant wait to see vanacek tho

SC Looked better today. Some nice touches and a couple of good runs with the ball. 

Final pass let him down on two particularly good attack’s - one time when he played it right instead of left, when Djoum was in. The other time when Naisy played him in - I thought have a pop - go across the keeper - even if he saves it, there’s a chance he’ll spill it into the oncoming Djoum. He didn’t and squared it to Djoum who probably should have scored. 

He’s quite clearly short of confidence and the lack of pre season tells. 

There is a player in there and when he scores his first goal, sets one up, I’m hopeful the player will come to the fore. 

Naisy was constantly at everyone today, including him. Having him back will help guys like SC immeasurably. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Looked at the clock in the 67th minute when he left two opposition players for dead with consummate ease. Still hopeful he can fulfill his potential.  

He's getting better each game, (very) slowly but surely.

I think he'll come good with time.

Wouldn't have him starting and I'm not sure of his best position. Definitely a project

2 hours ago, Combo1974 said:

I would start him instead of MacLean against Hibs. Much more mobile and has pace...MacLean is offering very little at the moment.

100%

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I hope your right, just don’t see where you get this assessment from.