• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Phil Dunphy

• Alex Kintner

He looks absolutely awful. I know he hasn’t had many games but he has shown nothing that suggests he is going to be a success at Hearts. Massive disappointment considering his reputation.

40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The whole fitness thing is overplayed. 

He's been training for ages, had some sub appearances and a couple of starts. 

Even if not 100% matchfit, give us 50,60 mins of blood , sweat and tears to the best of your ability and go off subbed blowing out yer arse.  

Thats the only way to catch up with full fitness. 

But then, maybe he’s just not got ‘it’?  

This.

Not an ounce of quality shown so far, quite the opposite.

Still time for him to turn it around but the early signs are far from promising.

People making excuses about his fitness! You can tell if someone's a good player or not and he looks rubbish. 

Was expecting big things from him, after all the hype and the club's allegedly after him but he's been so disappointing. Crossing the ball into the gorgie stand when we were chasing a winner v hubs summed him up for me.

I can't see what Levein saw in him. I'm hoping some sort of proper scouting went into this guy to warrant a 3 year deal and not signed on the back of his reputation and who was... ahem... allegedly in for him. 

Could be the worst signing in recent times, he just looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. File under Sammon, Martin, Oshiniwa, Wighton and McLean.........

12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Could be the worst signing in recent times, he just looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. File under Sammon, Martin, Oshiniwa, Wighton and McLean.........

Very harsh on Maclean. He wasn’t signed to lead the line every week. He has also been more good than bad this season. Let’s not start going over the top cause we’ve lost a couple of games.

Wighton and Clare have barely played this season. Let’s give them a little time before writing them off.

Look at the difference between Naismith this season to last season.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The new 'El Hass'  

Been after one for a while. We've got our man. 

Exactly what I said today, right down to the same squad number. Boy is pish, after a huge build up.

Is he training for a marathon? I'm waiting on us to see the player that Levein believes he is.

With that being said, I would like to see him in a full strength eleven. Mclean In particular looked a level above himself playing with better players. 

Let's hope we're yet to see the best of Sean Clare.

I suspect a lot of supporters on this thread are going to have a large slice of humble pie in future.

And what is it with our fans, always desperate to stick the boot into new players who haven't quite produced yet? No wonder they find it so difficult.

We go on about being the best fans in the world, etc. Maybe in terms of financial backing, but when it actually comes down to supporting young lads who are struggling to find their feet and a bit of form, we are just far too quick to write them off as pish. 

Have a bit of patience, he's a very good player.

I worry he’ll be the type of player who’ll play well in a winning team and be anonymous when we’re struggling. 

Edited by WagonWheel

letsalldothebeattie

Clare was terrible yesterday but he wasn’t the only one in that team. The boys clearly not ready yet but Levein’s hands been forced a bit with the injuries. Hopefully he comes good in the end

8 hours ago, Peebo said:

Yes, and broke our budget to do so. 

Sweet Jesus

:sob:

How can Levein get it so wrong so often.

8 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Even if not 100% matchfit, give us 50,60 mins of blood , sweat and tears to the best of your ability and go off subbed blowing out yer arse.  

This.....fitness or not you can tell if a player has it in him and this boys another heartless wonder we've thrown a 3 year deal at. Absolute huddy he'll never make it here 

People talk about his fitness like its me trying to get fit for the 1st time in 10 years..it would take me a few months 

Clare is an athlete FFS. Hes naturally fit so it shouldn't take him long at all to get up too speed injury or not. Hes trains everyday for the past few months

The reality is the guy just isn't very good at all and we've made another mockery signing on a 3 year deal 

John mcCartney

could not believe the likes of clare and wighton playing thru at a shithole like that yesterday

piss poor management ,piss poor ****ing management......how many times at those recent away games thru there has he chosen the wrong ****ing team

cloud ****ing cuckoo land,pathetic

9 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

after all the hype about how great he is still waiting to see even a glimmer of it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much this...Ordinary player fit or not fit.....!

7 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Very harsh on Maclean. He wasn’t signed to lead the line every week. He has also been more good than bad this season. Let’s not start going over the top cause we’ve lost a couple of games.

Wighton and Clare have barely played this season. Let’s give them a little time before writing them off.

Common sense at last ?

59 minutes ago, WagonWheel said:

I worry he’ll be the type of player who’ll play well in a winning team and be anonymous when we’re struggling. 

What, you mean like most players in our squad who don’t seem to have their own thread yet?

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

I suspect a lot of supporters on this thread are going to have a large slice of humble pie in future.

And what is it with our fans, always desperate to stick the boot into new players who haven't quite produced yet? No wonder they find it so difficult.

We go on about being the best fans in the world, etc. Maybe in terms of financial backing, but when it actually comes down to supporting young lads who are struggling to find their feet and a bit of form, we are just far too quick to write them off as pish. 

Spot on.

9 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Spot on..

I said of his performance against the vermin , "gutless"

He must start getting an attitude about him and demand the ball and be thinking that he is better than this level of football.

Early days, but a poor start.

I don't think he's going to be as poor as a lot of the other 60 or 70 signings under the current regime.

He is at least athletic and you can see when he steps on to the ball that he has some ability.  But so far he's not started well.

How many of the damaged goods renovation projects have worked out well though?  Sow definitely.  But there are a host of others like Amankwaa, Martin, El Hassnaoui who have been a disaster.

Fitness is an issue but you usually see flashes even when not fully fit and we're still not really seeing it. Even Naismith last season, you could see he was a very good player but just off the pace. Hopefully it's a settling in thing and he'll start to show his potential.

I think somewhere there is a player in there. Makes decent space for himself at times and seems to have a bit of composure on the ball but overall been very disappointing. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think somewhere there is a player in there. Makes decent space for himself at times and seems to have a bit of composure on the ball but overall been very disappointing. 

Yassss! First outing for that cliche this season.

A ridiculous thing to say as there's a player in all of us. Just the vast majority are shite.

8 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

McLean was signed as a Striker. His job is to score goals. He was never prolific in any case, surely we could have signed a proper Striker.

Wighton and Clare have shown zero ability when on the park. If anyone thinks they will come good then thats up to them. It was like playing with 8 men yesterday.

Completely agree that Naismith has been fantastic so far this season. Even last year his quality was there to see. (Unlike Clare and Wighton)

I’d like to be fair to him and see what he’s like in a team that actually includes Naismith, Uche, Berra, Souttar etc rather than the current version where everyone is now struggling. 

He he hasn’t really shown ‘anything’ so far yet, atleast the likes of Beslija, El Hassnaoui etc had a ‘highlight’ at some point to give you something to cling your hope to. I can’t remember Clare even doing that.

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A dissppointing start so far. Let’s hope Vanaceck hits the deck running or we will be in even bigger trouble. 

This place will combust if Vanacek doesn’t score a debut hat trick.  I feel for the lad.

Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

I’d like to be fair to him and see what he’s like in a team that actually includes Naismith, Uche, Berra, Souttar etc rather than the current version where everyone is now struggling. 

He he hasn’t really shown ‘anything’ so far yet, atleast the likes of Beslija, El Hassnaoui etc had a ‘highlight’ at some point to give you something to cling your hope to. I can’t remember Clare even doing that.

He’s been here for two months!

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A dissppointing start so far. Let’s hope Vanaceck hits the deck running or we will be in even bigger trouble. 

If Vanaceck doesn’t score a Hattrick in his first game there will be a thread 20 pages long on rank he is. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This place will combust if Vanacek doesn’t score a debut hat trick.  I feel for the lad.

Just posted the same reply let’s hope he doesn’t read JKB?

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Yassss! First outing for that cliche this season.

A ridiculous thing to say as there's a player in all of us. Just the vast majority are shite.

:laugh:

He'll come good.

Very similar situation to Naismith last season where he had been injured for a long time and wasn't match fit.

Give him a pre season and no injuries and we will see the real Clare. Hopefully he can contribute before that though...

11 hours ago, siegementality said:

From when he starts to look half decent?

As has been said a player needs to be given half a dozen full games to start putting his stamp into the team 

Clare has never been given a proper chance to fulfill all the hype that was on here about him due to the manager shuffling the side so much ( no player can walk into the situation were in and shine 

57 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He’s been here for two months!

Only 3 starts though. As I said he's not done 'anything' yet but apart from Aberdeen game where he came on late and some of the Hibs one the whole teams generally been utter shite. 

47 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He'll come good.

Very similar situation to Naismith last season where he had been injured for a long time and wasn't match fit.

Give him a pre season and no injuries and we will see the real Clare. Hopefully he can contribute before that though...

You mean a bit like Amankwa.

9 minutes ago, lewis2006 said:

The lad needs time. 

It’s easy to come into a winning team and hit the ground running but he’s not had that luxury yet. 

This and more game time 

2 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

This and more game time 

not in the first team. we can't afford passengers like him. he's nowhere near ready or good enough for the first team just now/maybe never